• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

YawZah

Oct 30, 2017
Popular Twitch streamer Guy "Dr DisRespect" Beahm IV has secured a deal with Skybound Entertainment, The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman's multi-platform production company, to develop a narrative scripted television series based on his character.

The new deal, brokered by Skybound and Beahm's agency CAA, is the first of its kind for a Twitch personality. Over the past few years, Beahm — as his over-the-top, WWE-inspired alter-ego Dr DisRespect — has become one of the top streamers on the Amazon-owned platform, where he boasts more than 3.8 million followers and has amassed more than 100 million views.

"There are lots of incredibly talented streamers, but there's something special about what Guy has done in creating this character," says Skybound co-founder and president David Alpert. "We really believe there's a unique world around the doctor."

Both Beahm and Alpert note that the show will focus on "how the doctor became the doctor" and the backstory of the Dr DisRespect character.

Ultimately, Beahm's goal is that of his character's: "World domination, baby!"

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Beahm has his obvious issues, but the character is well constructed. I could see this doing well.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
cHmsEnq.jpg

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I have no idea how they could make a Series with that Character, but I'm intrigued

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
stop giving shity people money

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
He's an asshole, but his stream and Smokaloke's are the only two that I've come across that feel like an actual show with solid production value. Doc's yet another talented dirtbag in this world, of course he's gonna get paid.

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I enjoy the character so this will be interesting to see. IDK how they will stretch this out for any considerable amount of time though

OG YOLOwen

Banned
Mar 24, 2019
How the fuck did this guy get so popular? I feel like out of nowhere all I see is Dr. Disrespect.

Who is watching him? Kids/teens?

Dec 28, 2017
I'm curious the demographics of his viewers and I can make a prediction that no normal human being over 30 years can watch his creep behaviour.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the episode where he mocks Asian accents by making up words and randomly shouting "ching chong" at other people.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
As some in the thread have already noted, the character of Dr. Disrespect is really well done, which is incredible considering how tired one must get after putting that amount of energy into a performance like that for as long and often as his streams run. Say what you want about the dude, but he knows how to put good people around him.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I don't follow much of the steamer drama, or the streamers themselves, but I was under the impression that people hate in him because he... Cheated on his wife? If that's so, that's really not anyone's problem, except him and hers. If there's something else, apologies for the ill informed post.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I don't follow much of the steamer drama, or the streamers themselves, but I was under the impression that people hate in him because he... Cheated on his wife? If that's so, that's really not anyone's problem, except him and hers. If there's something else, apologies for the ill informed post.
Don't forget the racism and filming people in con bathrooms like an idiot stuff.

Last edited: