• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
So, legal issues the most likely scenario? Like someone said, possibly Charity fraud?

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
What has he done now for twitch to finally act? Or are they just trying to step up now and rectroactively fix all the messes they made (by not banning people before)

Pat

Oct 27, 2017
If you feel the need to fact-check that the person who has been caught perpetuating racist stereotypes on stream, has filmed people (including a minor) in a bathroom, and cheated on his wife has also peddled Alex Jones conspiracy theories because you think *THAT* is what another person on Era possibly made up ... by all means.

I prefer to see the facts by myself, yeah. ERA is unfortunately extremely fast on jumping on conclusions, whatever the subject.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Man the mystery here has me interested and I don't even care about this dude

What has he done now for twitch to finally act? Or are they just trying to step up now and rectroactively fix all the messes they made (by not banning people before)

didn't he just sign a contract with twitch? If so they would've looked into anything he did previously before the offer I would think

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
DSP is blessed with the fact his brand is built upon being a tire fire of a human being. Nothing horrible he could possibly do could ever be considered shocking or surprising because everyone already expects the absolute worst out of him.
Unfortunately true. Almost anything that someone comes up with at this point wouldn't surprise me if he did.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
There's something funny about all these "lol Era hate mob strikes again" posts when Era obviously had nothing to do with Twitch deciding to permanently ban this dude.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
The guy deserved to be banned but there are a few other streamers out there who deserve it just as much imo!

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer to see the facts by myself, yeah. ERA is unfortunately extremely fast on jumping on conclusions, whatever the subject.
kotaku.com

Dr Disrespect's Shtick Takes A Dangerous Turn Into Spreading Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

During a stream today, Guy “Dr Disrespect” Beahm, whose 4 million followers make him one of the most popular streamers on Twitch, shared two pieces of widely debunked coronavirus-related media with his viewers. Many viewers reacted with shock and disappointment. Others cheered him on. He never...

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
SilverExcellentJunco-max-1mb.gif

When DSP survived masturbating on stream I knew he was the chosen one.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Could it be that he's under house arrest? Bahroo just tweeted out saying he's apparently been banned from everything on the internet?

I would guess that implies social media too???

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Given he hasn't spoken up I gotta imagine whatever is is pretty bad. Feels like if it was just something minor he'd be riling up his fanbase by now on Twitter and whatnot.

Oct 25, 2017
kotaku.com

Dr Disrespect's Shtick Takes A Dangerous Turn Into Spreading Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories

During a stream today, Guy “Dr Disrespect” Beahm, whose 4 million followers make him one of the most popular streamers on Twitch, shared two pieces of widely debunked coronavirus-related media with his viewers. Many viewers reacted with shock and disappointment. Others cheered him on. He never...

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
When people make blanket statements about the community they're a part of, it's worth figuring out how they reached that conclusion.

People do this CONSTANTLY on here. It's always as a way to otherize the rest of the community that they don't feel a part of. I think they should ask why they don't feel a part of it. Because I assure whomever does this that there are people just like them that have similar interests on here. And I find it rather sad that they feel alienated for whatever reason.

At least in the Hangouts threads I can understand why since there are people who don't feel safe in other parts of this site, which is obviously also sad for different reasons. I don't get the feeling that this poster was talking about that though, could be wrong.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
he didn't say anything the last time he was banned
Right, and they only gave him a 30-day ban for filming people using the bathroom, including a minor. If he's silent about this situation too and they decided to permaban a significant traffic & revenue source while remaining silent themselves, it's likely that this is extremely bad.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Only took months/years of him being exposed for his countless bigoted actions.

Companies literally have to be dragged in, kicking and screaming, to even approach doing the right thing.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Feels like some people are posting from an alternate reality where Dr.Disrespect hasn't already been banned.

"Era is extremely fast to jump to conclusions."

Bruh.

Twitch banned him permanently. Era didn't conclude shit.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He must have done something pretty big considering he just signed a pretty hefty contract with Twitch. Don't follow the guy, but this whole thing being shrouded in mystery is super interesting.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
The music industry has been fucking with people everywhere. Streamers are gonna have to change how they do things or streaming companies are going to need to represent their "employees."

or maybe companies should get more forward thinking.

Monstercat allows folks to pay just $5 to use a shit load of music in their streams with no worries of DMCA or anything of that sort. You are allowed to use the music as you wish in your content.

data

Oct 25, 2017
I see we've updated the thread title and still don't have official confirmation he was permanently banned.
I reported for a title change since Kotaku was reporting on it

kotaku.com

Twitch Bans Dr Disrespect

Today, out of the blue, Twitch suspended massively popular streamer Guy “Dr Disrespect” Beahm, a ban that multiple sources tell Kotaku is permanent.

Might not be permanent but they did reach out to twitch about it

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like some people are posting from an alternate reality where Dr.Disrespect hasn't already been banned.

"Era is extremely fast to jump to conclusions."

Bruh.

Twitch banned him permanently. Era didn't conclude shit.

The very first page alone (including the original post) you have people jumping to conclusions that it's related to other streamers being removed due to acts of sexual assault or it's DMCA related, neither of which is confirmed.

ERA is jumping to plenty of currently unknown conslusions.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory Community Generalizations
People do this CONSTANTLY on here. It's always as a way to otherize the rest of the community that they don't feel a part of. I think they should ask why they don't feel a part of it. Because I assure whomever does this that there are people just like them that have similar interests on here. And I find it rather sad that they feel alienated for whatever reason.

At least in the Hangouts threads I can understand why since there are people who don't feel safe in other parts of this site, which is obviously also sad for different reasons. I don't get the feeling that this poster was talking about that though, could be wrong.
Maybe because anyone who doesn't agree with the hive in here will be attacked by anyone else and possibly even get banned. I avoid topics like that for that reason. I am by all means a liberal but some things I probably wouldn't agree 100%, but on era it doesn't matter how much you agree unless its 100%. If you agree 99% and just have a minor disagreement on a small fraction of it then good luck. I wouldn't dare to open my mouth on ERA about subjects like that unless I agree 100% because everyone will attack me, report me and I'm likely gonna get banned. And I know this to be true because I've seen a lot of users banned for posts where they were trying their best to make a reasonable argument, and weren't even disagreeing with the premise in general in the first place.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
He had a deal or sponsorship with Roccat. He was on their website but not anymore. Not sure if it was changed today or not. There was a keyboard they had that he promoted. The ad though is still on youtube. Maybe his sponsors know?

Edit: Still up. I found it much easier last time I went to their site. They probably dont know whats going on though.

data

Oct 25, 2017
He had a deal or sponsorship with Roccat. He was on their website but not anymore. Not sure if it was changed today or not. There was a keyboard they had that he promoted. The ad though is still on youtube. Maybe his sponsors know?
en.roccat.org

Dr Disrespect PC Gaming Setup | ROCCAT®

Your browser does not support HTML video. Dr Disrespect posing with a Vulcan 121 AIMO and a Kain 200 AIMO Your browser does not support HTML video. Dr Disrespect posing with a Vulcan 121 AIMO and a Kain 200 AIMO THE MOST ICONIC DUO Since The keyboard and mouse A legendary streamer with millions...

Still there

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
There are plenty of small streamers that have great communities and try to be inclusive and this is the reply you give about DrDisrespect of all people
I do find it frustrating when people use a Twitch Prime sub on a channel that already has tens of thousands of subscribers already, when there are other people who are just as talented by very raw in their presentation or their target audience is kinda niche. I wish more people would explore the smaller streamers to see what they have to offer.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I see we've updated the thread title and still don't have official confirmation he was permanently banned.

Yes, I came in because the thread title definitively states he has been banned from Twitch and I wanted to know why. I see no one in the thread has a clue which is understandable, but what's misleading is there is no definitive statement on a ban. Did we just goof with that thread title?

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The very first page alone (including the original post) you have people jumping to conclusions that it's related to other streamers being removed due to acts of sexual assault or it's DMCA related, neither of which is confirmed.

ERA is jumping to plenty of currently unknown conslusions.

We are speculating, but if Twitch permbanned one of his most successful streamers you can bet it wasn't for being too nice of a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.