• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
A free tenfold summon again would be nice. The Quick-Turn option sounds great as well.

Just tried my first Imperial Onslaught...didn't go too well. I did it solo to get a hang for it. Time ran out and my A.I. companions died, of course. The enemies also tried to stay on or near the spike traps most of the time, which was especially annoying. Will try again later in Co-op. Don't know if i will use my Hildegarde the whole time or use a element appropriate character. Though, i feel my Hildegarde can be of more use here.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
A free tenfold summon again would be nice. The Quick-Turn option sounds great as well.

Just tried my first Imperial Onslaught...didn't go too well. I did it solo to get a hang for it. Time ran out and my A.I. companions died, of course. The enemies also tried to stay on or near the spike traps most of the time, which was especially annoying. Will try again later in Co-op. Don't know if i will use my Hildegarde the whole time or use a element appropriate character. Though, i feel my Hildegarde can be of more use here.

Hilda makes any co-op onslaught an absolute cinch, and will save you a lot of headache in master onslaughts. There's going to be enough DPS between the other 3 players.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017

any healer is welcomed in a IO as people can be a little more head on when attacking

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Patch Notes 1.06

■Event

・Preparations for the start of the "Trick or Treasure!" event

■Additional Features and Improvements:

・Players can now set Quick-Turn options to on or off in the Game tab of the Options menu.

・In the Upgrade menus, characters, weapons, dragons, and wyrmprints which have been upgraded to their maximum level will be indicated by a mask covering their icons.

・After a co-op game, the timer to choose whether to battle again with the same players or not has been shortened to 40 seconds.

・A camera button has been added to the Continue screen of co-op games, which allows you to spectate the battle.

・The movement arrow displayed when sliding your finger along the screen during quests has been shortened.

・The summon appearance rate screen's layout has been adjusted.

■Fixes

The following issues have been fixed:

・Players being unable to progress during the tutorial in Ch. 2/2-1 "The Sylvan Archer"

・Players being unable to progress after creating a room in the co-op tutorial

・A co-op game host's co-ability not taking effect when a guest has the strongest version of the same co-ability

・Quests not completing when a boss is defeated while asleep or stunned

・The display for the stamina recovery times may be reset within a day despite being the same date

・Getting stuck when clearing an event quest after the event period has expired

・An error message being displayed when attempting to purchase diamantium to continue a quest

・Certain actions during the wyrmprint unbinding animation causing the header and/or footer to disappear

・The Unbind button in the wyrmprint details screen getting unlocked before wyrmprint upgrading becomes available, leading to other possible errors

・The Jumpstart Endeavors' icon and remaining days disappearing when purchasing the Welcome Pack

・High Midgardsormr's Trial's tutorial sometimes activating after giving up during Midgardsormr's Trial: Master

・High Midgardsormr's Trial's treasure trade sometimes getting unlocked even though High Mirdgardsormr's Trial is still locked

・Characters continuing to move on their own when switching from auto-play to manual play while in mid-dash

・With Mikoto as a support character, Flare Stance and Ruin Stance not being displayed when Ravenous Fire (Ruin) hits

・Being unable to move until being struck after canceling a certain attack during Mikoto's Flare Stance

・Mikoto's stance persisting indefinitely after missing an enemy with Ravenous Fire (Ruin) while either Flare Stance or Ruin Stance is active

・Rawn's level 2 and 3 Fiend Crush skill not correctly reducing enemy strength

・The following axes' level 2 skills not activating their second hit:

1. Crimsonclaw
  2. Traitor's Despair
  3. The Tyrant
・The following types of skills not being used by AI characters:

1. Buffing skills
  2. Certain recovery skills (recovery skills with additional effects other than regeneration)
https://dragalialost.com/en/news/information/957

Yeah, I'll probably go all-in, unless I (somehow) get Halloween Elisanne early on. I haven't spent any wyrmite after the initial re-rolling (I only summoned via tickets), so it's long overdue. I'm really nervous though.
Alright - best of luck then.
I plan on max. 4 - but you know how it is once you really want a unit. It really depends on how good the pulls overall are.

Getting another free 10pull ticket sounds great though. Still have the one you get from the Beginner missions so that helps a bit.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like I'll do 90 pulls max for this upcoming banner. Didn't expect dragon and character stories to give me so much wyrmite. Don't think I'll be able to get another 1500 to get the guaranteed pity 5* though.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Alright - best of luck then.
I plan on max. 4 - but you know how it is once you really want a unit. It really depends on how good the pulls overall are.

Getting another free 10pull ticket sounds great though. Still have the one you get from the Beginner missions so that helps a bit.
Thanks, same to you!

And yeah, I know how those rage pulls can go. >_<

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like I'll do 90 pulls max for this upcoming banner. Didn't expect dragon and character stories to give me so much wyrmite. Don't think I'll be able to get another 1500 to get the guaranteed pity 5* though.
How does the Pity system work in this game ? 10 multis and you get a guaranteed 5* ?

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the patch note about them fixing/changing Mikoto. That's fucking awesome. Him always standing still after you try to cancel his move sucked, so this is a welcome change.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
I would be interested! Are you using LD Player?

I am, in fact! That's actually why I switched to it. I was messing around in the actual keyboard config ini file in the emulator's folder and found that I could adjust the sensitivity of the DS4's analogue stick farther there than I could in the emulator's options.

Set up your controller the way you want it -- I use both the move control and the view control so I can use the right stick to dodge.

Once you have that set up, navigate to your LD player folder > vms > customize configs > com.nintendo.zaga and open it with a word processing program. Control F to find Radius and change it to ~300. You can test this number out and find what's comfortable to you. Control F again to find Sensitivity and change it to ~15 as a baseline. Save it and viola!

The dodge needs a little work, which would be the radius file. It's a little loose, so adjust it tighter if that's what you need. But the actual movement is perfect. You'll be able to navigate spike traps without needing to stop and make sure you don't accidentally roll or attack or run the wrong direction. Diagonal hallways? Ez-pz.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I am, in fact! That's actually why I switched to it. I was messing around in the actual keyboard config ini file in the emulator's folder and found that I could adjust the sensitivity of the DS4's analogue stick farther there than I could in the emulator's options.

Set up your controller the way you want it -- I use both the move control and the view control so I can use the right stick to dodge.

Once you have that set up, navigate to your LD player folder > vms > customize configs > com.nintendo.zaga and open it with a word processing program. Control F to find Radius and change it to ~300. You can test this number out and find what's comfortable to you. Control F again to find Sensitivity and change it to ~15 as a baseline. Save it and viola!

The dodge needs a little work, which would be the radius file. It's a little loose, so adjust it tighter if that's what you need. But the actual movement is perfect. You'll be able to navigate spike traps without needing to stop and make sure you don't accidentally roll or attack or run the wrong direction. Diagonal hallways? Ez-pz.

Okay thanks that sounds easy enough, I'll try it later! Is that also with the new movement-option introduced in 1.06?

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
Okay thanks that sounds easy enough, I'll try it later! Is that also with the new movement-option introduced in 1.06?

I haven't actually updated yet so I haven't tested the new quick turn.

EDIT:

quick turn doesn't seem to affect the controller usage. it's MUCH better on your hand though if you're playing on your phone lol.

Last edited:

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't actually updated yet so I haven't tested the new quick turn.

EDIT:

quick turn doesn't seem to affect the controller usage. it's MUCH better on your hand though if you're playing on your phone lol.

From a quick test yeah 300 and 15 work like a charm for me with my DS4, thanks! :D

And alright, I mostly play on my iPad so I'm happy to hear it will help there too!

is there a new apk for us european people to pick? XD

QooApp has the latest version available.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Put most of my resources into building up Nefaria but I think I'm gonna stop. Bows are in such a shitty spot. Bad auto attack damage and the force strike misses if the enemy makes the slightest movement due to the delay. Like, she's very, very much useable but mages compared to bows out damage them sooooo much. I'm hitting for more with Kleinmann with just the first mana circle done and at half the level of Nefaria.

Bows need some help.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
thnks!

new version ready ^^ i REALLY love that the whole app doesnt have to move to the main memory all the time (i wouldnt be able to play XD)

No problem! :) And yeah that sounds handy, memory-management is something I don't look forward to if/when I switch from iOS to Android which seems likely next year as I want a phone with a AMOLED screen and the current price for a iPhone X or XS is nothing I will pay. I'm still waiting for XR impressions but it seems somewhat meh for the price and it only has a LCD.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, thanks for the reply! I didn't realize there were devs in the thread. Sorry about the complaint! I've actually been really impressed with the game's localization so far. Everything has a lot of personality.

Are y'all also involved with the voice acting? If so, can you tell the guy who does Berserker's voice he did a great job? I love his victory screen dialogue, lol.

Thank you! We write the VO, but we don't actually oversee the recording sessions. Glad you're digging it tho! I'm quite fond of Xander myself (current fav). :)

Localization's great <3 Thanks a lot it must be a lot of work to localize for a game that will keep getting updated for a long time.

But I have been wondering for a while, why is the binding process called unbind? :thinkingemoji:

Thanks for the kind words about the loc! More on unbinding below...

Yeah it seems kinda try hard for a process that's been unanimously known as limit breaking in other games, now we have to get used to another term even tho it's the same meaning. Honestly kind of unnecessary.

I think the prob is people are confusing it to be an in-world term when it's just an alternative way of saying "uncap". If I were to spell it out, the meaning is "unbind the level limit". No diff from "uncap the level limit". (Which is what the Japanese means.) We always strive to go with terms that sound smooth and natural in english - we don't worry too much about what other games are doing when we localize. Same reason we went with "endeavors" instead of hyper literal/bland (IMO) "missions".

The quality is top notch.
Cygames/Nintendo outsourced to a good company and it shows.

Thank you! NOA deserves a lot of credit too tho, those guys seriously care about quality and always strive to make for the best situation possible for us to do our thing.

I probably shouldn't be going too in-depth about this sorta thing so I'll likely shut up for a while but basically just wanted you guys to know that we care and we're listening. :) Thanks for the feedback and good luck in the upcoming showcase! (I've got like 6000 wyrmite saved up in hopes of landing another 5★...)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
so i just downgraded from very sharp to sharp, i see no visual difference but now the game runs smoothly without a single hitch, should have done this from the start. With this and the option to disable quickturns i'm practically untouchable

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Correct, no more extremely sharp turns!

It really does.

Okay that makes more sense now, thanks for the clarification!

so i just downgraded from very sharp to sharp, i see no visual difference but now the game runs smoothly without a single hitch, should have done this from the start. With this and the option to disable quickturns i'm practically untouchable

Hmm I wonder if this helps with the bad performance on Android Emulators. It can't be the emulation itself as Honkai Impact 3rd runs flawless maxed out and that game does alot more visually.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
No problem! :) And yeah that sounds handy, memory-management is something I don't look forward to if/when I switch from iOS to Android which seems likely next year as I want a phone with a AMOLED screen and the current price for a iPhone X or XS is nothing I will pay. I'm still waiting for XR impressions but it seems somewhat meh for the price and it only has a LCD.
im on android, and the app so far is managing everything on the external sd card. so far its the only one that doesnt move everytime is updated to the main memory

and yeah... bows need an upgrade in some way. either improving distance, more damage, or at least a smaller delay on the charged attack.

Last edited:

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
im on android, and the app so far is managing everything on the external sd card. so far its the only one that doesnt move everytime is updated to the main memory

I see, that's good to know if I get a phone with an SD-card slot. Currently I'm eying the Xiaomi Mi 8 but who knows what I'll end up with by next year August when my contract runs out.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
I wish I had invested some exp into Orsem sooner. They easily have the best stats of my 4 stars and they're not even the highest leveled yet.

Anyways, excited for this new event.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Wait, people managed to map dodging? If so, I would be super grateful for a more in depth explanation. Everything works well with controller for me but the fact that I can't get dodging work forced me to go back to moving with a mouse

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Looking forward to rolling! I really need to flesh out my team. Luca alone isn't going to cut it for a Light team, same for Ranzal for Wind.

People mentioned theres a guaranteed 5* for 100 rolls? How does that work and where is it stated in the game? Is it only if you whiff on the preceding 99 rolls? and does it guarantee a featured unit/wrymprint/dragon?

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to rolling! I really need to flesh out my team. Luca alone isn't going to cut it for a Light team, same for Ranzal for Wind.

People mentioned theres a guaranteed 5* for 100 rolls? How does that work and where is it stated in the game? Is it only if you whiff on the preceding 99 rolls? and does it guarantee a featured unit/wrymprint/dragon?

If you don't get a 5* within 100 rolls on a single banner, you will be guaranteed a 5* on I think the 100th roll. The odds of you actually whiffing on 100 straight rolls are actually not that high. Its just a random 5*, nothing specific.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, but the rate increases include characters, dragons, and prints. The chances of 100 rolls on a row without any of those is very low. Rates do go up slightly for every 10 rolls (single and multi) without a 5*.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
If you don't get a 5* within 100 rolls on a single banner, you will be guaranteed a 5* on I think the 100th roll. The odds of you actually whiffing on 100 straight rolls are actually not that high. Its just a random 5*, nothing specific.

Thanks! Do you know where its mentioned in game? I only see the rate up for every 10 whiffs. As for whiffing on a hundred straight rolls it actually happened to me in another game (also 4% rates), I think I hit a 150 rolls before the streak was broken.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Thank you! We write the VO, but we don't actually oversee the recording sessions. Glad you're digging it tho! I'm quite fond of Xander myself (current fav). :)

Thanks for the kind words about the loc! More on unbinding below...

I think the prob is people are confusing it to be an in-world term when it's just an alternative way of saying "uncap". If I were to spell it out, the meaning is "unbind the level limit". No diff from "uncap the level limit". (Which is what the Japanese means.) We always strive to go with terms that sound smooth and natural in english - we don't worry too much about what other games are doing when we localize. Same reason we went with "endeavors" instead of hyper literal/bland (IMO) "missions".

Thank you! NOA deserves a lot of credit too tho, those guys seriously care about quality and always strive to make for the best situation possible for us to do our thing.

I probably shouldn't be going too in-depth about this sorta thing so I'll likely shut up for a while but basically just wanted you guys to know that we care and we're listening. :) Thanks for the feedback and good luck in the upcoming showcase! (I've got like 6000 wyrmite saved up in hopes of landing another 5★...)
Woah, John R. is in the house? Great work on this game and so many others! And of course on EGM, heh!

spartan112g

Banned
May 5, 2018
I kinda hate that this game pauses my music. Sometimes I want to play, but I'm on a good music flow. The music in this game is good, but it's not the new Coheed album.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After using ele. I feel sad for investing for her. I should just invest to vanessa. Freeze resist and poison resist is too good to miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.