• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I do wonder if the delayed EU release may be related to the lootbox bans, which can potentially lead to an EU-wide ruling. From what I understand, the biggest targets are games that are also marketed towards kids, which Dragalia Lost would fit, since it doesn't have an adult age rating. It'd be a lot of bad PR AND wasted resources if Nintendo/Cygames went through the trouble of translating and marketing the game in all the EU countries, only for them to need to remove the app from European stores due to an EU-wide ban on lootboxes less than a year later.

Obviously, this may not account for non-EU countries, but it may be what's also causing a further than planned delay for everywhere else. Unless a country firmly states their stance on lootboxes, they may be hesitant on following through with official release date announcements for other regions.

May 1, 2018
It's everything people use Phoenix for but also the stuff they use Agni or Cerberus for! Yay?

There's no reason to pull. The character isn't unique in any meaningful way. You just spam your ability and then your allies get a boost too. Woo.
The character meta looks fine from where I'm standing. The suggestions you made about teambuilding are basically in the game already, and if they were more heavyhanded about it (like this Light Dragon is, actually) it still wouldn't affect playstyle. Most playstyle variety will always have to do with how enemies act, or entirely new weapon types. Lucretia's skill is actually the most potential effect on playstyle I've seen, because her team has to ensure they have their second or third skill up when she gets 5 stacks so they can get the most use without delaying their other skills.

But if this isn't enough, I suggest you play Bayonetta or something instead.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of the dismissive "go play Bayonetta", I think the game just isn't for me in the state it is, and won't be for many months if ever. They clearly don't care about it playing that way, and hey, if that's what works for them, more power to 'em.

I'll keep doing my dailies but outside of that I think I'm out. Just having way more fun with other gacha games that appeal to what I'm looking for.

Have fun, y'all~

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This banner is such a bait but in a good way. Reminder that Cyfest, Christmas, and New Years is coming.

I must say it's probably going to be the best banner for High Dragon Zod.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Outside of the dismissive "go play Bayonetta", I think the game just isn't for me in the state it is, and won't be for many months if ever. They clearly don't care about it playing that way, and hey, if that's what works for them, more power to 'em.

I'll keep doing my dailies but outside of that I think I'm out. Just having way more fun with other gacha games that appeal to what I'm looking for.

Have fun, y'all~

Example of other gacha with deep customization?
Maintaining a service game, developer always has to balance between more mechanics and accessibility.
There is a limit to how complicated a gacha game (and service game in general) can be because first and foremost, it should always be accessible to new players.
Even older game like FFBE, pretty much has been rehashing mechanics that has been in the games.
If people expect every new characters to have totally new tap combo, then it's on them.
It's not a realistic expectation to begin with, not to mention a balance nightmare even for people who play daily.
It's crazy you have to learn new play style every 2 weeks, nevermind Cygames having to create them.

Ximonz

Oct 30, 2017
Taiwan

Have fun, y'all~

what's other fun gacha games?

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
PekmFWE.png

https://www.myinstants.com/instant/lyria-singing-88508/

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Too bad the character art looks nothing like the wymrprint art. The lyria lookalike looks way better lol

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Grinding on my no pulls account is business as usual. After dailies, doing that IO grind. I need 50 more sword tablets before dedicating all my energy to Fire Onslaughts, at least when an event's not going on/if I finish an event early. I've been using Elisanne in Master and I haven't felt much pressure to use Celery. The lack of stun resist on either of them means it doesn't really matter who I use, and I personally prefer Eli since spears can hit much farther, so I can play a lot safer, as well as the damage buff for my team. Looking forward to getting some new freebies.

Daily HMS PUG Clear

Team makeup was Ezelith, Euden, and Mikoto. This was probably the hardest I've ever been carried in a pug game. I got one shot by an Overdrived Trident Tempest, but the team managed to kill him before his Storm Chaser/Tattered Sky combo. I feel like I outta get another Clear in since I definitely didn't get much practice in while lying on the floor xD

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I'm probably going to pull two or three times on this banner, including the tenfold voucher, and move on. I would love either the new dragon or adventurer, but hopefully the new 4* and 3* are good as well and I'll be happy with just those. I'm at 8000+ wrymite and would like to be at around 7500 when heading into the Christmas one.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sitting at 5770 wyrmite and probably gonna sit on it till the Christmas banner. I think my current light team is ok. Would like to replace Luca but the three Halloween characters carry it pretty well.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled 20k wyrmite on the last banner even though I told myself to save for xmas. I didnt get a single character an my character scam gave me Louise. So I'm just gonna try, again, to skip these banners, they are the only reason the character pull keeps decent odds for me.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Sitting at 5770 wyrmite and probably gonna sit on it till the Christmas banner. I think my current light team is ok. Would like to replace Luca but the three Halloween characters carry it pretty well.

Same with me, only my best light unit is Ryozen. He does well enough that I'll bet Xmas is better to hold onto that free ten-fold we should be getting

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if we'll get another message from the director tomorrow about the state of the game and what's coming. Particularly interested on an update about trading mats up and down.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
I'm skipping this banner. These additions are starting to do some interesting stuff in terms of skills, but I can probably get away with using Amane and Ryozen. If much rather save for a future shadow banner since that's my weakest element by far.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Hey, so after playing this game for hours every day since launch, I missed a couple days in the middle of the wind event that just passed and ended up just petering out and leaving it unfinished and just logging in daily for my bonus items. Now I'm ready to jump back in for the next event, which it looks like I'm seeing is... a Light unit event again? Is that right? I'm not complaining because I am glad to have a Light team already somewhat nicely filled out, but we are skipping a dark team event?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Hey, so after playing this game for hours every day since launch, I missed a couple days in the middle of the wind event that just passed and ended up just petering out and leaving it unfinished and just logging in daily for my bonus items. Now I'm ready to jump back in for the next event, which it looks like I'm seeing is... a Light unit event again? Is that right? I'm not complaining because I am glad to have a Light team already somewhat nicely filled out, but we are skipping a dark team event?

Basically, raids and events don't seem to follow a pattern we all assumed of just doing one for each element. There's a number of potential reasons for this: 1) limited holiday banners don't count, since those units aren't added to the general banner pool 2) raids and facility events follow different rotations, so Raid has needed Water/Fire/Light so far, while facility has needed Light/Wind, so we can expect raids to need Dark/Wind while facility will need Dark/Water/Fire in the future, or 3) Cygames just does whatever, with little rhyme or reason.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Ok thanks for the heads up! While I sort of regret not playing for that stretch of days, I am at least grateful that I didn't dump a bunch of mats and resources into buffing my dark squad lol

Oct 25, 2017
This game is like the opposite of my GBF strategy where I have all my husbandos and weapons and summons already that, I only ever draw when I want +marks or whatever new character comes. Meanwhile, here in Dragalia, I draw because I want as much Eldwater as possible. :(

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Yeah, the best thing to do is to just stockpile neutral resources like weapon materials, rupees, exp crystals, and mana until the next event's element is announced. Then you can spend the prep time they give us farming specific elemental materials like dragon scales, Onslaught insignias, and elemental orbs.

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I downloaded the game at launch, only did the first pull and a few main story things. I also logged in at some point to free pull from the water banner.

I only just started playing for real this past week or so. I'm level 67 as of right now. I have zero 5 star characters pulled, but I've been fairly lucky with 4 star heroes Lowen, Orsem, Musashi, Vanessa. I was also lucky enough to pull a Garuda to go with Lowen, and had Poliahu and Roc from previous single 10 pulls.

I absolutely love the game. I have 5 almost 6 pulls ready for the banner coming up, which I will use in hopes of getting any 5 star hero or any dragon really lol.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I have successfully talked myself out of doing any major pulls on the new banner. I already have Hildegarde and H!Elly so I don't really need the new unit. Really the only thing I'd want off the banner is the new dragon but I don't think I should pull for only one thing when Christmas is so close.

Maybe I'll get lucky and pull the dragon off of my daily pulls but otherwise I must stay strong until the holidays!

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the Glorious Tempest Wyrmprint. Now I have to work on the 5 star Fire Axe for Vanessa since she has stun resist vs Ezelith.

People in other regions have missed so much: two buildings that perminantly increase damage/health (how are they going to balance this?), likely two limited banners with really popular holidays, and many banners and now three free units.

I really doubt it's ever coming to other regions. Which is fine, if they'd just SAY SOMETHING about it.

I don't see this as a big barrier for new regions. This isn't a pvp game and event participation is not "necessary" to play through the game/progress through things like story mode and the traditional events (Avenue of Power, etc...). If anything I could see them giving new regions special gifts/items/banners to "catch up".

Yeah, the longer it goes on the more people who haven't started yet will miss. I'm sure there will always be new event buildings and such, but I can't see them doing re-runs for the character events, not with the pace we currently have. If they do, it'll need to be run alongside something else, and new players can't reasonably farm two events at once so...

Cygames reruns old character events all the time in Granblue Fantasy, they just add additional content to them to keep them interesting to older players (new rewards added to the token draw/event shops/etc...). They also add some older events as "Side Stories" that can always be accessed.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
The real prize of this banner is the new dragon. Lucretia seems okay but Light already have a good wand unit with Amane. As for the wyrmprints there is nothing to see here if you already have MUB Plunder Pal.

I think I will still do 2-3 ten pulls since I have 17k wyrmites saved up.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Plunder Pals was such a crazy freebie. Unconditional 25% skill damage is massive, and Louise's Hobby wasn't too bad either for healers. The facility events have given great free wyrmprints so far.

Also wind ruins is up right now, so my no pulls account will be grinding granite like mad for Euden's 5* sword.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Not even just "wasn't too bad", is Hobbies not at worst the second best print for healers currently? Cleo's Ruse adds Last Defender (which is of debatable helpfulness) but with a 70% HP conditional for the same potency, only being better at MUB.

Unless I'm missing a different much better one.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Not even just "wasn't too bad", is Hobbies not at worst the second best print for healers currently? Cleo's Ruse adds Last Defender (which is of debatable helpfulness) but with a 70% HP conditional for the same potency, only being better at MUB.

Unless I'm missing a different much better one.

Give Me Your Wounded has the same healing potency as Louise's Hobbies, plus a defense bonus at full HP.

Though you can still argue Louise's Hobbies is better since you could easily MUB it during the event while you'd need five copies of GMYW out of the gacha to match it.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Oh, it's as good as a MUB Give Me Your Wounded, it's just that a healer Wyrmprint is more niche than a flat 25% skill damage. So just comparatively it's not AS insane as Plunder Pals, which you'd use on like, the majority of adventurers.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Give Me Your Wounded has the same healing potency as Louise's Hobbies, plus a defense bonus at full HP.

Though you can still argue Louise's Hobbies is better since you could easily MUB it during the event while you'd need five copies of GMYW out of the gacha to match it.

Yeah, I'm comparing Hobbies MUB vs the others non-MUB due to how unlikely that is. Ruse at least starts with 10%, so I think it's more comparable, though if we're comparing Ruse to Wounded I guess that taking less damage on your first hit after full HP is more likely to be useful than Last Defense, which only pops once and isn't a good thing to have happen. Not sure if it's 2% potency more useful, but there's at least no condition on the potency that does exist either.

...regardless, I feel like that put Hobbies in the top 3, hah.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Someone did on the subreddit near the start but it was (as with any tier list) pretty immediately disputed and is obviously outdated now. And I think GamePress just sticks to recommending several on the page for each adventurer. Not sure if any other site's tried.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The biggest issue with a wyrmprint tier list is that there isn't any content that really needs a good non-specialized wyrmprint. High Dragons have their own, same with every event so far bar this upcoming raid potentially. Like, you can do Master Dragons and Onslaughts with any wyrmprint you've invested in with minimal downsides. Maybe that intermediary content between Master and High Dragons will be a decent area for something like a tier list, or potentially raids if this upcoming one has no wyrmprint given out at all. The Gale of Beauty one might be the best if the dragon prep strategy still works.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
100% curse resist on wyrmprint should stack with 100% on adventurer and when you get hit by curse it curses the boss instead

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Even for new content, it's hard to see it as being anything more than "what does the most DPS/healing, realistically, for this character?" most of the time. Or what just personally suits you best, really. I've started using Nefaria for Light IO so I can build the staff dojo further (and so have indeed started appreciating having her in the short term, as I've found it to still be very... messy... and I'd rather be ranged than not), and I'm just using Silke Lends A Hand for some blind resist with a lower skill damage boost at this point. Otherwise for her I might switch to some force strike centric stuff, or just go back to Plunder Pals.

Unless they start doing weirder mechanical things with them - which they've at least shown that they're up for doing with adventurers currently - it's really hard to see them as valuable when most are just small boosts in some direction. And, thinking as I type, it might be interesting if they made prints that are actually intended for AI use to make it so not everything is ruled by dragon prep.

Oct 26, 2017
Yea I guess wrymprints are just much more situational in their usefulness, but I do wish there was a list that at least highlighted the most useful prints. Especially at 4* since those are fairly easy to unbind. Like Warrioresses and Together We Stand are both fairly situational but are must haves for Xander.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well, if you go to his Gamepress page they're both there.

But I do think there would be something valuable in like... listing the best prints for each rough category, and who works well with them. Basically just combining the info that's across the character pages so they can show what prints have a good overlap, and inform people about what's useful in general.

But then you also have the problem of what's best ideally vs best in practice, etc.

May 1, 2018
Yea I guess wrymprints are just much more situational in their usefulness, but I do wish there was a list that at least highlighted the most useful prints. Especially at 4* since those are fairly easy to unbind. Like Warrioresses and Together We Stand are both fairly situational but are must haves for Xander.
If anything's a must-have for Xander, it's Fresh Perspective.

Skill damage prints are still strong on him because with his 5* sword or the T2 that leads to it, he has 3 attack skills. Fresh Perspective gets the two best buffs for him.

Oct 26, 2017
If anything's a must-have for Xander, it's Fresh Perspective.

Skill damage prints are still strong on him because with his 5* sword or the T2 that leads to it, he has 3 attack skills. Fresh Perspective gets the two best buffs for him.

Yea Fresh Perspective power crept Warrioresses by just a bit. I have the latter MUB though. So I'm sticking with it for now when running Brunhilda.

May 1, 2018
Vixel looks fantastic! Which is why I'm so disappointed that he's another Light Staff, he would've had to fill in something Light is sorely lacking at for me to consider rolling on this banner!

Well, guess I'm not even doing a couple tenfolds for the 4*s. If I get Vixel or Pia when they're off-banner, cool. But they're not gonna hook me on this one.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Vixel almost more powerful than Hilde if his Skill 2 was a healing skill as well. Both 4* characters look promising. Already introducing new gameplay mechanics, very nice cygames.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Mhmm, it looks like within a couple weeks I'll be able to do HMS, though only as Verica. I haven't done the calculations for HP just yet, but...
  • 448 insignias, 168 royals. Don't need to use any on anything else immediately.
  • Altars are 25/25. I have about 500 flame orbs, so I'd need to get 700 more. This is likely doable in a couple weeks if I prioritize it, though the raid will interrupt that in the next few days.
  • I have 2UB Phoenix.
  • I have enough water to max level the print without thinking about it, if that will help.
  • Staff dojos are 13/13 and will surely be 16/16 by the time I have the orbs.
  • I have enough eldwater for promotion and mana to grab the 5 nodes that are reasonable. Materials-wise I'll just need scales and some T2 orbs, but the latter will be more than covered in the process of getting the T1s for the altars. I should probably switch to doing Brun for my daily dragons to easily have the scales ready for that; I've been doing Jupiters currently for the 4th light character I'll use, or else Zodiark to get more stuff on Nefaria, but neither are vital.
  • I have about a million rupies currently, as the raid not being dark-advantage means I have no immediate need to make a 5* T2 dagger for Orion to use, nor do I have a reason to start on the wand I was also going to make as Amane's is already 4* T3. So I've been doing 0 weapon upgrading/crafting recently. And at a glance, I'm fairly certain I have all the materials I need, such that I could sit down and casually turn Verica's 4* T2 MUB staff into 4* T3 MUB within a couple minutes.
I just... dunno if it'll be worth that investment? HMS is sorta appealing as being able to do endgame content, and it's nice to have a thing to work towards, but do I actually want to commit to that over just starting on better weapons... not sure yet. Especially since I know playing as Verica may not be ideal. But the idea of working on Vanessa, who I find harder to play as and would require a lot more IO of elements that don't even prepare me for other stuff I'd do soon, not to mention way more money... is not as appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.