• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Yo, Ricardt got dat 20% Defense Up at full HP, he can more easily live through the HP check than most ranged, just gotta wait and see if he's able to actually heal effectively without curing burn before going all in on him.

40lbu686cs421.png

I'd say they weren't kidding - this fight is way harder both from a tuning and execution standpoint. You know how pugs can't bait balls the right way in HMid? That is almost a wipe guarantee here since instead of 3 balls or a trident it's a cone AOE.

Bunch of us did a bunch of runs in discord while I was taking notes off streams. Unless everyone in the party has 100% burn resist, Ricardt can't do it because the burn (initial one at least) lasts for like 45s and ticks for 1.3k. Which actually means he probably can't keep himself up.

Thaniel with 2UB Poseidon, a 4.3 kept a party up rather haggardly through the halfway mark, and another with MUB Poseidon had some successful runs through to 1:21 remaining.

I figure that everyone really does need MUB dragons for this to be anywhere near comfortably cleared, moreso than HMid, and this time around that requirement is no less stringent on the healer since there's no 4* HP dragon.

Hilariously enough, though, Lily's best weapon is arguably the 4.3 since it lets her run Leviathan MUB and then use the def buff (praise be skill prep) to survive the initial blast. Otherwise, like Sinoa in HMid you very much have problems with HP and are pigeonholed into using Poseidon MUB.

The most stable forays so far were Karina/Xainfried/Thaniel/Lily just due to a bunch of mechanics that'd be too long winded to get to in a forum post. There's a lot of progress documenting the fight mechanics and coming up with strategy- a LOT of the damage is completely avoidable and we've documented which parts of the fight are healer throughput checks, etc. Wouldn't be surprised if the first kills crop up in the next day or two. Even while it's more difficult, people don't have the same artificial time-gate that sands bestowed for HMid.

The DPS check seems absurdly high considering Xainfried and Karina don't do massive DPS to begin with, and spend half the fight running to LOS Hellfires.

Lastly RIP Xander lol he doesn't bring anything to the fight so far.

Last edited:

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Sometimes it works out (after all, if you can pull more there's a better chance of getting what you want out of a banner), but when it doesn't...it hurts. A lot.

I'm going to try to budget 10k for each "limited" banner from here on out. That's seems like a nice number to settle on without getting too upset if I fail to pull what I'm after. I spent 20k on this banner (not including vouchers) and it kind of devastated me. I got the new Jeanne which is nice...but no strong water character to equip her on. I did get Christmas Nefaria/Xander, but they don't seem especially useful. I'm still working on/leveling Nefaria 'cause she's cute, though.

Yeah it's that delayed satisfaction that you're putting yourself through so in mind there's a cost to saving, even though it's the smart thing to do. Even 10k would be an amount that I'd be mad at if it didn't work out.

There will probably be something at you want more and end up getting eventually though. It works itself out somehow.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lol what a joke. So glad I have Agni and Cerberus. Not bothering with this mess.

Reading through reddit thread, Xainfried is pretty much required here, as is Thaniel.
The boss applies 8% hp burn that last 45 seconds on every single hit apparently, so Ricardt is out and Karina doesn't have burn resist (can be solved by Thaniel).
Without Karina though, Xainfried needs to unlock max co-abilities and every DPS char needs to either use Poseidon (low DPS) or if you want Leviathan, need to be at least 2 or 3 UB.
The balance of this trial is really whack. I couldn't even clear HMS and here they come with crazier one.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's that delayed satisfaction that you're putting yourself through so in mind there's a cost to saving, even though it's the smart thing to do. Even 10k would be an amount that I'd be mad at if it didn't work out.

There will probably be something at you want more and end up getting eventually though. It works itself out somehow.
Yeah, I play quite a few gacha games so I'm relatively conditioned to pulls and streaks of bad luck. You can't get everything you're after, and there will always be something new and another thing to chase. You basically take things as they come and hope for the best. I'd be lying if I said I'm not more than a little disappointed in not being able to get Chloe (I could really use a strong water unit and I love her as a character), but it's a game. It's not worth getting upset over.

If the next banner is shadow, I might try to gather as much wyrmite as I can so I can pull (if I don't reach the 10k tier I have set), even if it's for a 4* character. Water and shadow are definitely my weakest attributes right now.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'd say they weren't kidding - this fight is way harder both from a tuning and execution standpoint. You know how pugs can't bait balls the right way in HMid? That is almost a wipe guarantee here since instead of 3 balls or a trident it's a cone AOE.

Bunch of us did a bunch of runs in discord while I was taking notes off streams. Unless everyone in the party has 100% burn resist, Ricardt can't do it because the burn (initial one at least) lasts for like 45s and ticks for 1.3k. Which actually means he probably can't keep himself up.

Thaniel with 2UB Poseidon, a 4.3 kept a party up rather haggardly through the halfway mark, and another with MUB Poseidon had some successful runs through to 1:21 remaining.

I figure that everyone really does need MUB dragons for this to be anywhere near comfortably cleared, moreso than HMid, and this time around that requirement is no less stringent on the healer since there's no 4* HP dragon.

Hilariously enough, though, Lily's best weapon is arguably the 4.3 since it lets her run Leviathan MUB and then use the def buff (praise be skill prep) to survive the initial blast. Otherwise, like Sinoa in HMid you very much have problems with HP and are pigeonholed into using Poseidon MUB.

The most stable forays so far were Karina/Xainfried/Thaniel/Lily just due to a bunch of mechanics that'd be too long winded to get to in a forum post. There's a lot of progress documenting the fight mechanics and coming up with strategy- a LOT of the damage is completely avoidable and we've documented which parts of the fight are healer throughput checks, etc. Wouldn't be surprised if the first kills crop up in the next day or two. Even while it's more difficult, people don't have the same artificial time-gate that sands bestowed for HMid.

The DPS check seems absurdly high considering Xainfried and Karina don't do massive DPS to begin with, and spend half the fight running to LOS Hellfires.

Lastly RIP Xander lol he doesn't bring anything to the fight so far.

That's a lot of good info, thanks for writing it out. You think MUB 4* elemental staff would be better than 5* for the Heal, Thaniel needs the stats of the 5* elemental, or either can work?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I used my two 10 summon tickets and my 13 regular tickets. I got Christmas Nef, Christmas Xander, and Maribelle. I guess Hawk is going on the back burner for now.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ran out my remaining single tickets - got Yuletide Nef and Lucretia, continuing my streak of getting a five star good for the PREVIOUS event hahah.

Have roughly enough for like 8 ten pulls not sure if I wanna go for it or or hold out for the first Dark banner.

Mazre

Oct 25, 2017
Did 4 pulls, got all three xmas chars, xmas Jeanne, and one of the xmas wyrmprints, and like an army of dupe xmas Xanders (think I pulled him 6 times). Super good outcome.

Oct 26, 2017
Pulled again yesterday on the dragon banner and got another OG Jeanne and another Ifrit, so that was good. Used the 10 voucher on this banner and got the Yule Wrymprint that has heal double buff and Xander-mas. Have no use for the new units outside of Cleo would be an upgrade over Orsem, so I'm done. Time to save for a dark banner.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I think I might hold off on pulling anymore on this banner, since I've gotten all the stuff I wanted except for Cleo. It kinda sucks to miss out on a limited character, but if I'm being honest with myself I probably wouldn't use her for anything other than just being in the collection. Maybe I'll do a ten pull on the last day to see if I can break my pity rate if I don't nab Cleo off of my daily pulls.

They added a new remix for the High Dragon Trials and its pretty damn rad:

It sounds like DAOKO says "kick my ass" at one point during the song, so that makes it 1,000% more relevant to the fight, that's for sure.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I was curious about something, and maybe some of y'all more crazy gacha games can help me understand it a bit more. To my understanding, there are characters in this that are actually from Cygames other titles? What titles would those be? I'm aware of Granblue Fantasy and that being their huge one, and this is the series the character Lily is from?

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ok after using my 7 remaining singles earlier, used the first single ticket from this event and... got Dragonyule Cleo.

Was thinking about pulling for 10s for Dragonyule Jeanne but think I'm gonna let that go and save the summons at this point.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Not pulling in this event , I want Jeanne but last time I went all in for cupid and got nothing lol I don't have interest on the other limited characters

Last edited:

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Used two 10 tickets and one wyrmite 10 pull, got Christmas Nefaria and Xander, two of the 4* featured prints and one of the 5* featured print. I don't really need Cleo I think, but those two should help buffer my water team a bit since the only 5* water unit I have is Xainfried. Water and Shadow are my weakest teams.

I think I'll stop there and keep saving for the shadow banner, as much as I'd like to have that water Jeanne.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Heard about Xmas Cleo and decided to come back to the game (dropped it cos was busy midway through the Choir Raid) to spend my saved up Wrymite

2nd single ticket got me Xainfried. 8th single ticket got me Niddhogg. What is this luck??? Considering I got to something like 8% pity rate on Halloween, this was really welcome. I was hoping for Xmas units though. Kept pulling and got another dupe Xainfried and the event CE from the wind event. Tapped too quickly and saw something that looked like a Xmas unit and it was Cleo !!!

Time to see all the changes. I noticed that I seemed to have an absurd amount of mana for some reason.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
3x10 pulls. First one was absolute trash. Second one gave me Dragonyule-Xander and a dupe Vodyanoy. Third one sprung the following:

2lyj3d.jpg

Dragonyule Cleo & Jeanne. No Nef unfortunately, but I'm stopping here.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
0-fer on 3 tenfold summons. Blast. Only got one of the 4* event characters as well (Xander x2).. two other new 3*s, about 15 eldwaters out of the 30 things. :( Hopefully next time.. I'm sure I'll build up another 1500 during the event.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Speed clear title done with already. I mistakenly thought I had to clear in 90 seconds and was thinking I missed it but nope, that's settled. The 90 second clear is for the bonus points at the end.

Let me tell you, getting 25k points per challenge clear sure is helping me avoid being salty about three of my 5*s being event prints. Though I got the defensive one which I guess is a little worse than the other option.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
I love new event/banner day!

Decided to use my 5* ticket now since I already have Lucretia and Lily, ended up getting Ezelith which is my 2nd 5* fire after Naveed. A wind unit would've been nice :/

Oh, nevermind, I actually hate new event/banner day. 4 10* and the only new items I got were a couple 4* prints. I started to at least muster a smile when on my last pull a rainbow print started to appear but it was just another give me your wounded >_<

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
70 pulls, 7% pity-rate. Life is suffering.

I got pity-broken by Nefaria which isn't too bad actually since she is my first non 3* shadow adventurer.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Sometimes it works out (after all, if you can pull more there's a better chance of getting what you want out of a banner), but when it doesn't...it hurts. A lot.

I'm going to try to budget 10k for each "limited" banner from here on out. That's seems like a nice number to settle on without getting too upset if I fail to pull what I'm after. I spent 20k on this banner (not including vouchers) and it kind of devastated me. I got the new Jeanne which is nice...but no strong water character to equip her on. I did get Christmas Nefaria/Xander, but they don't seem especially useful. I'm still working on/leveling Nefaria 'cause she's cute, though.
Gacha games can lead to such disappointment. Xander kinda seems like a 4 star Lily, you could try using him for fun. I doubt I'll keep trying for Cleo.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So with the verdict that Thaniel is ideal for High Brunhilda...

I've also got a 2 UB Poseidon and a bunch of sunlight stones since I main Verica for HMS and High Dragons are the only content that potentially needs MUB.
I have all the materials to make a 5* water staff aside from insignias, just need to know whether or not having the 4* staff heal is actually necessary. I ideally want to use a 5* staff, but if it's legitimately way worse from the lack of heal, I'll just hold the sands to hopefully make a staff for the next high dragon.

Still only halfway to the Wyrmprint though. I'm gonna grind out the event first before working on High Brunhilda prep. I find using 4 attack water units and a healer helper fairly effective, but that's with maxed out Verica's on my friends list.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I was up way too late and foolishly fell asleep while waiting to actually join a room, so I didn't recharge any wings while I slept.

All because I picked master IO instead of expert that one time... and then solo'd the story instead of immediately burning some on that, hmm. Oh well. Not like I don't have a ton of dust that's already... gathering dust?

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Got 4 5*'s from a 40 pull, 1 Hildegarde and 3 of the event wyrmprints. I don't know if I have good luck or bad luck lol.
Given that I got 0 from 30 I'd say that is incredibly good luck. -_-

A shame the Treasure Trade doesn't have a weapon.. I got a bit spoiled with the two from Halloween. I am still regularly using those since I don't have 5* weapons yet. My facility level is 294 though so soon enough hopefully!

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
Spent more or less all of my Wyrmite considering we're getting so much free in the next few weeks. Got one of the Louise 5* prints, Hawk (lol) and holiday Jeanne. Also got both Nefaria and Xander 4*s, so pretty good. Getting Hawk was a surprise. I got Nefaria from my 5* ticket and now Hawk so... there you go, lol. Good thing bows were just buffed.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
i also feel like is a lost oportunity the lack of event weapons. i understand that not all the events should have them but.... this is christmas!!! we have special costumes for the characters! why dont add those weapons into the mix to be able to fully reproduce that image?? >_<

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
All this time and I had absolutely no clue about the "Treasure Trade" to get the Dojos from the Imperial onslaught, haha. That thing is pretty buried away.. oh well, at least I have 4 of them now. Gotta grind away at those things to level them up I suppose.

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, Xander with Together We Stand is at 10x striker strength after the first wave and just murders the remaining waves. Got the under 100 seconds challenge on my second attempt.

Going to start building Thaniel since he seems like the census healer pick for HBH, right?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Sorta went hard on the boss battles thanks to having 4 gacha prints... I'm at level 15 facility but have just about 5000 ornaments saved, hah.

And in one more special battle I'll hit 50k points, which means I'll have 4 of the regular event print and can get +100% points (since my gacha ones are just +50% ornaments). So this actually worked out very well, as I can pretty easily eliminate ever having to quickly farm more ornaments for the next level, and then focus entirely on the challenge battle from there!

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Got all three of the event characters but no event dragon. Had to use my 30 single summon tickets and three ten-fold tickets but I didn't have to spend any of my 19k wyrmite. Going to leave it at that and hold off on additional summoning. Also finally maxed out a Dragon's Nest wyrmprint.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm did another ten pull because I want Cleo and nefaria.

Get a second C.Jeanne.

Boooooooo. 3k wyrmrite left must resist but I weaken. I need to save pulls for the shadow event so I can not get that hero too.

Last edited:

NeckToChicken

Oct 25, 2017
Got santa Nef and was disappointed with how slow Gifts Ready charged, until seeing it tripled the radius of your force strike while active. ACCEPTABLE.

I giggle a bit at the advanced dragon trial remix incorporating the mission failed jingle.

Oct 26, 2017
With Advanced Dragon Trials basically being for whales, I really wish another mode would come out and add new tiers to IO and dragon trials.

Ginosaurio

Oct 27, 2017
Santiago, Chile
With Advanced Dragon Trials basically being for whales, I really wish another mode would come out and add new tiers to IO and dragon trials.

Ehh... Advanced Dragon Trials are totally F2P friendly. Verica, Vanessa and Sinoa are good enough units for the callenge. You can even use Euden if you want to do the true F2P route.

Personally I use a 5* Verica, with MUB Phoenix and 5* T2 MUB Staff. I'm not a whale btw.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Bless the gacha gods. I had a really shitty day and then I did this Diamantium pull. It was a gold dagger that turned rainbow and i was gonna have a seizure if it ended up being my 4th Ezelith.

So happy I got her

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Anyone have a clue how long this 150 wyrmite bonus will last for doing co-op with new players? Is there some sort of cap? I didn't find anything via some googling..

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Got all three of the event characters but no event dragon. Had to use my 30 single summon tickets and three ten-fold tickets but I didn't have to spend any of my 19k wyrmite. Going to leave it at that and hold off on additional summoning. Also finally maxed out a Dragon's Nest wyrmprint.
Wow. Holding on to that many wyrmite/etc. is quite admirable.. I twitch any time I am over 1500. It was a struggle to just ignore what I had during the dragon event to get to this one.

Holy crap, I just did a tenfold and saw 3 rainbows..

Cleo's Ruse
Nefaria (not the event version)
Agni

Oddly enough out of 4 tenfold summons now I still only have 1 event item (Xander who I pulled twice). No wyrmprints yet.

50 players I'm pretty sure, so 2500 wyrmite.
Cheers! That's a really nice little bonus.

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
So limited banner is literally "limited" or will they offer it again at some point? I just want C. Cleo damn it!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So limited banner is literally "limited" or will they offer it again at some point? I just want C. Cleo damn it!
I bet the limited time units will be available again next time their events come around again, but there is just no way to tell since this is the first year

May 1, 2018
On saving pulls and disappointment, I save for banners where I want practically everything. There were like, two things on the Winds of Hope banner that I didn't want, and they were both 5*s so I didn't have a high chance of rolling them like 4*s (tell that to my desire sensor though).

For this banner, I basically only want Cleo and sorta Jeanne, but Water has my strongest lineup of adventurers and dragons. None of the wyrmprints are strong enough. While getting more Nefaria stories would be nice, I can just... read then online. I'm saving for Shadow banner.

Even if Shadow Banner ends up being bad/going poorly, I'll just invest more into Erik the Force Striker.

Oct 26, 2017
Ehh... Advanced Dragon Trials are totally F2P friendly. Verica, Vanessa and Sinoa are good enough units for the callenge. You can even use Euden if you want to do the true F2P route.

Personally I use a 5* Verica, with MUB Phoenix and 5* T2 MUB Staff. I'm not a whale btw.

Still have to be lucky enough to have pulled Verica and 4-5 Phoenix. But HMS is child's play compared to HBH. I seriously doubt HBH can be beat F2P at this moment. No way Eli with Mercury would suffice without a complete carry. Most units actually need a MUB Poseidon to survive. If HBH is the trend for future High Dragons then I feel it is for whales or the very lucky, which is disappointing. I wish advanced dragon trials didn't have HP checks and undodgable honing attacks. Would open it up to far more people and much more diverse lineup of adventures.

Status
Not open for further replies.