• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Well that's one milestone down. As of this week's weekly bonuses I have completed my MUB High Midgardsormr. I plan to use it for High Mercury alongside Maribelle.

Next week: High Brunhilda!

Nice job! I actually stopped HMS because I don't find the boss fun enough to farm over and over and I have Musashi and Zephyr now so there is absolutely zero reason for me to really invest any time in it.

Oct 25, 2017
I dont know...Im falling out with this game. My first big gacha and I guess its the same old story, too many events with crap pulls but...its just so repetitive at this point lol I know the game is young but...Im just slightly fatigued with it

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
There's no need to keep playing a game you're not enjoying much, games are usually meant to be enjoyable time sinks after all. Gacha games are gacha games, so bad pulls are inevitable. The thing about Dragalia is that it's trying to appeal to the West as well as Japan, so its story is gonna play it a lot safer than most. With Nintendo publishing on top of that, they're trying to cast the widest net and offend as little as possible. Celery's story still has the Fat Notte image removed in English text while still being there in the JP text, and I doubt it's a programming error.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I dont know...Im falling out with this game. My first big gacha and I guess its the same old story, too many events with crap pulls but...its just so repetitive at this point lol I know the game is young but...Im just slightly fatigued with it
It's because the units are boring af. I mean, I don't even log in when there's no an event, and even then I'm only doing the events to unlock whatever "limited" character/facility you need to unlock then I bounce. It's seriously not fun to pull a character that plays 99% like every other character in that class. It's just not fun to play. So it just drives that repetitive nature home.

Still bangin' music, though.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Oof, my luck ran out a bit; got nothing great in the 3 NY 10 ticket summons I just did after singles+dailies got the pity up a step. At most, got Ryozen, Luther, and Pia; the first two will at least be good for making future IO farming go smoother, so I guess I should be thankful for the help on that. Also some print dupes, of which the most relevant are maybe actually 3* - another dragon's nest (so maybe one day I can use one less 2* print during raids...), and another of the 15% blindness print that can maaaaybe help a bit with IO farming today. I've been swapping around the lead and who has what prints as a result and think I found a setup that works best, even if I have to hope for resistance rng to help it go smoother. Botan leading with 20% blind res + 10% skill damage (and 2 UB Juggernaut as I thankfully quickly remembered the two I use aren't equal and so I should switch it on the lead...), then Orion w/ 15% blind res + Jug, Nefaria w/ 15% blind res + Nidhogg, Verica w/ Louise's Hobbies + Phoenix. Botan's bleed-inducing skill charges real fast in the lead which hopefully makes up for how much more chances she'll have to be blinded; hoping this is fine and I don't have to make more changes + babysit too much.

Anyway, thinking I'll pull the 1-2 more I need to get a 5*, even if it's a print. I have almost 23k wyrmite, I can eat 1.5-3k and still have enough to comfortably do 20-30 on the next banner, especially if I'm at least partially patient - even if this isn't actually the ideal approach due to the reset risk, I'm just not that patient after already doing it fully this time - and do the last 10 after the dailies to help.

Though after discussing how little I pull recently, I really don't like suddenly going back on that and consistently spending more of my stockpile than normal on these last few banners, lol. But I still won't be using enough to rapidly eat up what they give for free normally going forward. And until Void fights provide some context for what we'll have to use in the future, there's nothing I have a burning need for besides some better light/dark coverage. Hoping this event will luck out for the former but it's not huge if it doesn't.

So... I'll still probably always pull a bit each banner after this event, but less so... especially if we're not getting free tickets. It's fun/exciting to participate and get new stuff, but... when so many adventurers are eldwater now (all 3* and a gradually increasing % of 4*), it might be worth waiting for the chances of new stuff to build up a bit, hmm.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
There's no need to keep playing a game you're not enjoying much, games are usually meant to be enjoyable time sinks after all. Gacha games are gacha games, so bad pulls are inevitable. The thing about Dragalia is that it's trying to appeal to the West as well as Japan, so its story is gonna play it a lot safer than most. With Nintendo publishing on top of that, they're trying to cast the widest net and offend as little as possible. Celery's story still has the Fat Notte image removed in English text while still being there in the JP text, and I doubt it's a programming error.
Gonna need to see some receipts before you can make claims that fat notte was taken out as some kind of preemptive strike against outrage that never even happened in the first place, or that the game's story has been made milquetoast to appeal to "the West" when the English script actually has way more personality and charm than the pretty boring Japanese text.

Mabufudyne

Oct 27, 2017
The thing about Dragalia is that it's trying to appeal to the West as well as Japan, so its story is gonna play it a lot safer than most. With Nintendo publishing on top of that, they're trying to cast the widest net and offend as little as possible. Celery's story still has the Fat Notte image removed in English text while still being there in the JP text, and I doubt it's a programming error.

Dragalia's milquetoast, overly male-defaulting and -oriented story and narrative are the norm in mobages. Ambitious stories like F/GO's are very much the exception in the mobile space, West or East.

Mabufudyne

Oct 27, 2017
>most people in the cyfest in dragalia panel were women
you wut m8?

Sorry, wasn't clear. Meant male-defaulting as in the overall narrative, setup, character quirks, character designs, etc. being geared toward the male audience. It's great that lots of women were at the Dragalia panel, but I'm still allowed to be disappointed that it's seemingly regressed from even having gender options when compared to GBF, aren't I?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The idea that non-American creators would be more safe with their narratives when writing for a global audience doesn't seem outlandish to me, but that might just be from my line of work. I've seen a decent number of projects fall through because of legitimate fear of not appealing or falling in line with American sensibilities. When I say they don't want to offend, it's not that there is a literal risk of outrage, but rather the businessmen behind the game want to play it safe, as unjustified as it may seem. Regardless, just chalk it up to being a personal conspiracy theory, since it's not like I know what goes on in Dragalia's development.

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, wasn't clear. Meant male-defaulting as in the overall narrative, setup, character quirks, character designs, etc. being geared toward the male audience. It's great that lots of women were at the Dragalia panel, but I'm still allowed to be disappointed that it's seemingly regressed from even having gender options when compared to GBF, aren't I?

Ah I see

I agree to an extent and as someone who has no attraction towards the female fanservice in games it is generally something that is in the way. I know if I play these games, huge tits, being surrounded by women who love the male lead to a fault and the like. Dragalia is the tamest in my opinion; sort of the closest I could see Nintendo going.

It is refreshing that FGO has a slight bend on that.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
I was thinking about this, and based on my limited experience (granblue and dragalia basically) it just seems like gacha games are going to default to low stakes storytelling. Any character that gets enough development to get positive fan attention will never experience any significant negative consequences, as in, you can't kill off a character that people like, because you're removing the possibility of fans ever paying money to get a shiny new version of that character.

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about this, and based on my limited experience (granblue and dragalia basically) it just seems like gacha games are going to default to low stakes storytelling. Any character that gets enough development to get positive fan attention will never experience any significant negative consequences, as in, you can't kill off a character that people like, because you're removing the possibility of fans ever paying money to get a shiny new version of that character.

FGO did that within the first 2 hours lol

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017

Within more ordinary storytelling methods, sure. But games can get around that if they want to. FEH killed off a story character in Book 2 but was still able to put that character in the summon pool because the summon system is all about pulling people from alternate dimensions. So you're just summoning a version of that character that hasn't been killed yet.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
There's 0 indication that anyone ever complained about that Notte sprite; it sure never got talked about anywhere that I saw.

If anything, I would learn towards them being overly cautious about the potential for it causing trouble. But, importantly, even that caution and resulting decision could easily be purely on the part of the JP side regardless of what the US side thinks about it.

It's very silly to take it as "they surely censored it because someone complained" with no evidence that anyone ever said they had any issue with it - whether it was legitimate or trolling - before or after its removal.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Gonna need to see some receipts before you can make claims that fat notte was taken out as some kind of preemptive strike against outrage that never even happened in the first place, or that the game's story has been made milquetoast to appeal to "the West" when the English script actually has way more personality and charm than the pretty boring Japanese text.
There's 0 indication that anyone ever complained about that Notte sprite; it sure never got talked about anywhere that I saw.

If anything, I would learn towards them being overly cautious about the potential for it causing trouble. But, importantly, even that caution and resulting decision could easily be purely on the part of the JP side regardless of what the US side thinks about it.

It's very silly to take it as "they surely censored it because someone complained" with no evidence that anyone ever said they had any issue with it - whether it was legitimate or trolling - before or after its removal.
-a character that got far for overeating is forced to train to slim down by a boot camp's drill sargent like character
- removed only from the localized version
Come on. We know why fat notte was removed.
>inb4 where was the drama
You dont have to wait for fire to start to take action.

Killing characters is inconsecuential when the game itself allows em to still be rolled for. So far only a solomon, Sitra, and NOT Emiya Samurai have been shown in game (maybe 1 more but dont remember) yet not added to thr servants pool

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
-a character that got far for overeating is forced to train to slim down by a boot camp's drill sargent like character
- removed only from the localized version
Come on. We know why fat notte was removed.
>inb4 where was the drama
You dont have to wait for fire to start to take action.
Has this ever been a thing that ever generated any amount of outrage for any other game in the past? Like maybe that's theoretically possible but if you trying to convince me you're not inventing a controversy out of thin air then give me some proof. Absent any indication that "someone gets fat and tries to lose weight" has actually pissed a significant number of people off in the past, I'm still going with this was just something that was unintentionally changed and never corrected because it's a completely minor thing from an event that happened months ago.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Heads up for everyone to have a free smithwyrm available if you want to start upgrading the facility immiedately when the event starts.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad it was funny; I knew that joke was too good just to post on Discord the other day

but, more seriously, I would also legitimately be waaaay more into joke characters/dragons than "existing units are just dressed up cute for LATEST_SEASONAL_EVENT"

maybe April Fools will be fun at least; I've seen stuff from Granblue events that seems real wild

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
And for the final act, we'll make those free summon vouchers...disappear!

EDIT: Apparently those free summon vouchers were rewarded for version updates and not every new banner. Ah well.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Like I'm not missing anything, right? That's literally Crystalian Envoy's ">70% HP = +8% strength", except without the second ability?

Except CE's second ability is... 5% flame res.

So 4/5 of content, not having that doesn't matter. And you can unbind this easily, so it's like having a MUB copy of CE + 2 0UB copies for free? I'm not gonna complain about free stuff being super good, mind, but it's kinda hilarious that they went from the facility prints just being useful to outright being the best again.

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
so close to clear master top star trial... if only my team stopped walking into poison pool. At least I know I can clear it when I max out the facility.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Liger's attack animations are literally a copy-paste of Juggernaut's.

On a five-star dragon.

That's it. I'm done. I can't be bothered anymore. Game's too much of a time sink for too little reward. I'll spend my time elsewhere for now.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
We need a costume system right now
400131_02_portrait.png

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey. One of the castle stories has Amane and Xainfried's baby dragons. That's a couple of my favorite characters.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Well that was anti-climactic. First run on Expert and I got all of the missions cleared, as well as title. It's probably due to the game giving me tons of great light Adventurers/Dragons, and having them properly-leveled. I'm sure Master will be more challenging, but it's nice to have the title out of the way already, at least.

Edit: Okay, Master was definitely more challenging. Need to level the event building more I bet.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Well that was anti-climactic. First run on Expert and I got all of the missions cleared, as well as title. It's probably due to the game giving me tons of great light Adventurers/Dragons, and having them properly-leveled. I'm sure Master will be more challenging, but it's nice to have the title out of the way already, at least.

Edit: Okay, Master was definitely more challenging. Need to level the event building more I bet.
how is Masters treating you Chrono?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
how is Masters treating you Chrono?
Not good, lol.

I can get to Wave 5 pretty easily, but without my AI companions. They get absolutely destroyed early in, with poison pools everywhere and the mages doing their AOE. I really need more poison resist adventurers, all I have are Julietta and Rawn. :/

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Got the title on the third or so try, ~11 facility. Timing skills when the enemies jumps in helps, I guess. But I should probably stop using H. Elly's helper skill as I keep launching myself right into poison, lol.

Master seems tough; I'll try again when the facility's leveled. Should probably be focusing on that today anyway, hmm.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
It feels so bad to get the rainbow pull indication and then 7 of the things to drop are wyrmprints including the 5*.

My 5* wyrmprint pull rate is insanely high.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Got the Expert speed clear on my first try because Xander is busted in challenge maps.

Master didn't go well, I timed out on the boss. I'm sure I'll be able to handle it once I've maxed out the even facility. I might even try making Xander his 4* T3 weapon for a bit of extra damage.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. I really needed a good Light adventurer. Instead got pity broken twice by wyrmprints and now for the first time I'm low on stones. Time to save for a guaranteed summon or something

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was having a hard time getting the 100 sec the expert clear - switched from dragon prep to pure offensive auto-optimization just to see. It took 15 seconds off my previous clear record. :/

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Liger's attack animations are literally a copy-paste of Juggernaut's.

On a five-star dragon.

That's it. I'm done. I can't be bothered anymore. Game's too much of a time sink for too little reward. I'll spend my time elsewhere for now.

I love how this is where you draw the line lol.

I feel ya though. My account has too many 5 star characters and dragons to straight up delete it but Imm probably not going to log in everyday and will only keep up with some events.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
So I was looking through the quest rewards for the expert boss and challenge battles, and not only are there 5.1 weapons that can drop, but also the event exclusive wyrmprint, along with twinkling sand! Anyone have any good drops yet? I'm really liking the addition of really rare drops, though I can't say I was very lucky during the last event (one damascus crystal total, and a bunch of clovers/dragonfruit).

Status
Not open for further replies.