• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Can anyone explain to me if there is a rhyme or reason to unlocking the extra boss battle? It seems entirely random to me but I presume it is not.

Also, this game is way less fun w/o a free tenfold voucher at the start of the banner. I might get one more pull this banner but it will be entirely touch and go.. I don't think I can get nearly 1300 wyrmite in the next 7 days. Disappointing since there isn't much "new" to do at this point.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I can get master to just beyond the break stage but There is so much health left still. May switch to Vixel since Regen seems way more effective, and Hildegarde's non regen heal seems broken/ineffective. Like there's times I use it and it makes no difference.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
At 340K Renown at the moment, so 1/3rd of the way there on my F2P no pulls account, which I'd say is pretty solid progress. Got all the guaranteed event Wyrmprints, so I can use 1 MUB, 2 0UB, and a MUB Plunder Pals for my Expert challenge wave runs. I also swapped out Melsa for Ranzal to add more durability to the team since I'm not guaranteed to have everyone live by the end. While it'd be great if I do manage to do Masters, I'm not really prioritizing that over just grinding out the event, for a number of reasons: 1. I'm busier this month than most, so just have less time to play 2. Master doesn't inherently give more Renown, so it's better for me to grind out Expert to max Renown Rewards and 3. The main clear reward is Wyrmite, which pretty much useless for my account. On top of all that, I still have my main account, so I gotta juggle the two with less time than usual.

There's a lot I can still upgrade that I haven't yet on my F2P account due to a lack of good scheduling on my part, mainly building upgrades. I have a bunch of building upgrade materials yet only 2 wyrmsmiths, and I'm really not good at remembering to regularly check when buildings are finished. As a result, most of my dojo's and altars outside of swords/flame/event buildings are sub-10. I only very recently got my flame/swords to acceptable levels, letting me actually upgrade others like light and bow buildings for this event. Maxing out element altars and getting weapon dojo's to 16/16 would give all my adventurers a sizable boost for the next time we get Master challenge waves, so I have a decent roadmap of what to work on even if I can't successfully clear Master right now. Unlike HBH where there's literally nothing I can do at the moment to get appropriate stats for it, there's loads of potential things I can do for Master waves in order to successfully clear them eventually, though it'll obviously take longer than most since I don't use Wyrmite or the gacha.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Can't finish Master, think the boss is actually too aggressive. Depending on how lucky I am he'll focus on me but sometimes he'll push my party into a corner and maul them.

It does seem like it needed more time in the oven, the boss started bugging out and jerking back and forth because I kept moving around but it wanted to make sure it had 100% positioning on me for its next move. That seems way different than previous bosses where they kind of just commit to a general area you are in and attack.

I'm hoping at 30 it will allow me to basically one or 2 hit everything up to the boss. I've never needed full facility before this. Considering I also have the maxed Halloween building to help a little with it off event boost this still seems a bit poorly tuned, as I'm seeing people suggesting characters that are 2000 in strength, which is High Dragon territory.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, who the heck should I promote?
81AWy3h.png

IPfQkiV.png

I still haven't beaten High Midgardsormr, and still haven't beaten the Challenge Event on Master. I have Jullietta, Hildegarde, Amane, and Hedward in my Light party and there seems to be a segment of people who say Amane is a good investment.

But then again, so is Verica (for HMS), Addis (that damage), Sinoa, Aoi (who was pretty much in the lead until I promoted Euden to 5*), etc.

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Stole this from reddit. Hakutomancer is apparently a class from Knights of Glory. I wonder if we'll get them for Year of the Rabbit. DL is pretty much a second life for KoG anyway.
bx6qpyi2w1b21.png

Oct 26, 2017
I am sooooo close to beating the Master Challenge. Once these last two facility levels is complete and with some luck I should have it. I have been extremely lucky with 5* light dragons but outside of Hildegarde I am not getting any good light characters. So this is my rag tag team adorned with premium gear.

5* Raemond w/ 1UB Fire 5* sword, 1UB Cupid, 3UB Jewels of the sand
4* Vixel w/ MUB 4*T2 Staff, 1UB Liger, MUB Louise's hobbies
Hildegarde w/ MUB Halloween Staff, 1UB Jeanne, 2UB GMAYW
4* Rawn 0UB 5*T2 bow, 2UB Lindwyrm, MUB Plunder pals.

Raemond is actually pretty legit. His skills charge really fast and the enemies (including all bosses) are very susceptible to stun. I was worried that running two healers would hurt DPS but it has allowed me to run Annelie as a helper to clear wave 2,3,4 quickly and save both dragon pops for the final wave and have 2 minutes on the clock still. May toy with taking out Hildegarde for Ryozen or H!Edward, but I'm so close that I'm not sure it's necessary.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So I just discovered that Pele can hit the boss with all 4 pillars in her skill (like in the Hypnos raid) when the boss is broken, which is a huge amount of damage. I also realized that with all the building upgrades, 30% Strength bonus from Pele, and 5* elemental weapon, Euden legitimately does more damage than Luca with the elemental advantage. I might try using Euden first whenever I get around to trying Master, if I have the spare time after grinding out the Renown rewards. About halfway done with the Renown reward at the moment thanks to leveling up today, so made more progress than usual.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting until my event facility is maxed to try Master again. I should be able to get it with some better strategy, my two AI damage dealers died super early on my last attempt.

This event has woken me up to filling out my character roster. Part of it is Light is probably my weakest element in terms of adventurers and dragons, but I'm going to work on fleshing out my options. I'll need a ton of dragon scales but I'm going to start working towards having a nice stable of adventurers per element, filling up both of the regular status resists.

I can't necessarily expect to just throw my High Dragon characters at an off-element event and brute force everything. Although that strategy might still work out this event once my facility is done I'll try mixing it up more going forward.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Raemond is the silent MVP for those who don't wanna/can't roll this banner (and don't have the 5* Light waifus).

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm waiting till my tent is done. If that's not enough I'll bring up Vixel to replace H.Althemia and Rawn to replace H.Edward.

Oct 26, 2017
Raemond is the silent MVP for those who don't wanna/can't roll this banner (and don't have the 5* Light waifus).

He's been awesome. His first skill charges crazy fast and inflicts stun, and his second skill seems to charge fast as well for a second skill and has good AOE. Force striking with a sword also helps interrupt mob attacks which is great for the AI to survive.

This challenge battle certainly opened up a few lesser used characters like Vixel, Rawn, and Raemond.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
He's been awesome. His first skill charges crazy fast and inflicts stun, and his second skill seems to charge fast as well for a second skill and has good AOE. Force striking with a sword also helps interrupt mob attacks which is great for the AI to survive.

This challenge battle certainly opened up a few lesser used characters like Vixel, Rawn, and Raemond.
Yeah. There're only a few characters with poison resistance, so I guess it's an interesting way to make some of the other characters relevant.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I have enough materials to make a 4* Light staff for Hildegarde. I'm currently using the Halloween staff with the emergency heal.

Obviously the 4* Light weapon will give me better stats but the skill is awful. Why would I need extra attack on a healer?

Looking at the 4* elemental Staffs and Wands it looks like their skills are swapped lol. Why does the wand (a DPS weapon) get a defense buff while the staff (a healer weapon) gets an attack buff?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the defense buff lets Lily do High Brunhilda. Of course, who knows if they actually planned for that sort of thing from the start.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
I can only hope the weapons available through Void Battles have new skills and aren't just model swaps of the existing weapon pool.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I can only hope the weapons available through Void Battles have new skills and aren't just model swaps of the existing weapon pool.

I mean, looks aside, that's the only thing we do know about them. That they'll have "special abilities".

We just don't know how strong they'll be, and if the skill will matter compared to a stat difference. And of course, that phrasing could potentially mean adding a passive ability instead of (just) the skill, I guess?

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to clear Master. Holy hell that was hard. I had to try a bunch of different combinations until it finally worked out. An all Light team could get to the boss without losing anyone, but then couldn't do enough damage to kill it. A mixed team would have the damage, but couldn't get to the boss with all that damage still alive for it to matter.

Finally did it with Vanessa, Fritz, H!Elly, and Hildegarde with a Verica support. I controlled Vanessa to make sure she could make it to the boss alive and turned his overdrive bar to mush. The clear might have been smoother if my Leviathan skill had actually aimed properly instead of hitting like two enemies. (Leviathan was on Fritz, because my offensive Light dragon situation is so awful an off-element Levi still gave him more stats)

And miraculously everyone survived until the end for a full clear. Now I never have to do Master again!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't tried much at all though I'll have a maxed facility in a few hours, so I'll be serious tomorrow; I would like to consider farming the print a bit as well but if the drop rate is bad, that's unlikely. Still need 2 HMS clears so that... might be my night tonight to be safe; will use the holiday on Monday to try to get a clear or two immediately, since leaving it this late is a real bad idea. And was nice of another 3* event print to arrive in a daily, just in time to barely help with that last level... There's the shop, at least.

This is not been a great week outside of the game so it's been hard for me to give it the attention I want to give it at good times, and it's usually ended up being something I do while staying up way too late for other reasons instead of making sure to use my energy in advance. Which is frustrating, because if I was handling everything well, I'm sure I'd put the same amount of time into the game but feel much more positive about it... The repetitive events probably doesn't help that feeling, especially because this Expert feels less strategic than last time and I'd have gladly welcomed a somewhat more challenging difficulty that lets me get points faster instead of being ridiculously hard for other rewards. Hmm.

Oct 25, 2017
Well its odd....I am sick of the repeated events but is it better than the alternative? I mean we get a raid or new building every weekish versus what, just the extra story missions and thats all?

It is fatiguing in a way. Compounded when you dont get the banner dragon or hero.

Can a Gacha player ever truly be content?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Well its odd....I am sick of the repeated events but is it better than the alternative? I mean we get a raid or new building every weekish versus what, just the extra story missions and thats all?

It is fatiguing in a way. Compounded when you dont get the banner dragon or hero.

Can a Gacha player ever truly be content?

As a day one FEH and DL player, I noticed right away how comparatively simplistic DL's core gameplay is to FEH's and how it could become a liability months down the road, which isn't helped by the repetitive/predictable nature of these events and the recycled boss assets. Now obviously one game is turn-based while the other is action co-op, but it's undeniable that they both share a lot of aspects and happen to have the Nintendo branding at their advantage at least.

Basically, in addition to new modes, we're gonna need some new gameplay changes very soon to help keep the daily grind from getting too stagnant.

Oct 25, 2017
As a day one FEH and DL player, I noticed right away how comparatively simplistic DL's core gameplay is to FEH's and how it could become a liability months down the road, which isn't helped by the repetitive/predictable nature of these events and the recycled boss assets. Now obviously one game is turn-based while the other is action co-op, but it's undeniable that they both share a lot of aspects and happen to have the Nintendo branding at their advantage at least.

Basically, in addition to new modes, we're gonna need some new gameplay changes very soon to help keep the daily grind from getting too stagnant.

FEH was without question the worst Gacha game I played and I've played way too many. It looked like babies first gacha and the who 5* stat punished units was just...

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up trying Master, which was a huge fucking mistake because after spending maybe 15 minutes on it, I had a bad start and quit after round 1. After I confirmed the quit... I saw the rare print drop I'd just given up. So of course in my regret/anger at myself for having fucking wasted that luck, I spent another 40+ minutes trying over and over before I got another print (also from the first round). (and then wasted extra time typing this... ugh)

I probably would have wasted that time tomorrow anyway so there is that, and I got the boss to 40% HP once, but now I'm just even more pissed about the difficulty. I got Ryozen 0->38 mana nodes and replacing Malka with him did jack shit; I'm pretty sure they both have a deal with the enemy to just casually fucking bite it 2 rounds in. When I do somehow get everyone (or everyone minus Ryozen) to the last round Amane tends to die out of nowhere and whoops I cannot actually kill him with just Fritz/Vixel/Ryozen maybe.

The problem with this challenge battle is I don't feel like there's any strategy to it. All the prior ones felt like there were set actions I did every round; you could see that as repetitive, but I felt like I had a goal to execute and it felt great when it went off flawlessly. Here it's just a chaotic mess on either difficulty, but it's a joke to deal with on Expert and its existence is a joke on Master. On Expert I can just do whatever and kill the boss with like 1:50 left; I know this is to some extent due to my dojos surging up in levels, but I was still pretty strong last time and still planned my skill use well even if it was tapping a button to murder everything. Doesn't matter one bit this time.

Now, over on Master, if I don't play as Fritz he's worthless, so I have to use him and constantly try to kill with force strikes to get skill attack buffs, which is completely impossible when my AI suddenly decide the one thing they should do while not being suicidal is stealing all my kills. Which they're able to do because it's impossible to tell if I'm going to kill them or not, and also it's actually hard to produce force strikes on command when it's easier to do a hit or two first and whoops dead, or whoops he stood in place for two whole seconds before actually charging the strike and whoops it didn't kill them but Amane's hit did. So I'm just constantly spinning around trying to clean things up well and at most I'll have 16% or 24% skill buffed out of the possible 40%. At least his stuns help at the end but that's a fun game of rng too.

Also, all I have is 3 0UB Lindworms and MUB Unicorn, and boy does Lindworm ever feel pathetic to use like this. At most the long skill lets you dodge the boss attacks better... once... but I feel like I'm barely doing anything. I wish they'd not done that bizarre crit buff on Shishimai so I'd at least have a decent Pele-like strength dragon.

Like I said, I would have gladly welcomed a more difficult version. But this just doesn't feel difficult. I don't feel like I can use strategy when the boss has so much HP that my actions barely matter in comparison to whether or not the AI decides to live or die. I'm not sure if this is just bad luck regarding what characters I have access to, or what, but it sucks. And it's practically worthless beyond the print, which you can at least tell you got, because for everything else you're just rolling the dice on getting anything worthwhile. And it's highly impractical to use the farming prints there, and you'll lose bonuses for getting hit and taking so long to kill, so... what's the actual point of it? I feel like getting to wave 5, hell, maybe even wave 4, should at least give me as much points as clearing Expert flawlessly does given how much less work that is.

and so there went my night, and I still need 2 more HMS kills in the next 26 hours... fuck

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I ended up trying Master, which was a huge fucking mistake because after spending maybe 15 minutes on it, I had a bad start and quit after round 1. After I confirmed the quit... I saw the rare print drop I'd just given up. So of course in my regret/anger at myself for having fucking wasted that luck, I spent another 40+ minutes trying over and over before I got another print (also from the first round). (and then wasted extra time typing this... ugh)

I probably would have wasted that time tomorrow anyway so there is that, and I got the boss to 40% HP once, but now I'm just even more pissed about the difficulty. I got Ryozen 0->38 mana nodes and replacing Malka with him did jack shit; I'm pretty sure they both have a deal with the enemy to just casually fucking bite it 2 rounds in. When I do somehow get everyone (or everyone minus Ryozen) to the last round Amane tends to die out of nowhere and whoops I cannot actually kill him with just Fritz/Vixel/Ryozen maybe.

The problem with this challenge battle is I don't feel like there's any strategy to it. All the prior ones felt like there were set actions I did every round; you could see that as repetitive, but I felt like I had a goal to execute and it felt great when it went off flawlessly. Here it's just a chaotic mess on either difficulty, but it's a joke to deal with on Expert and its existence is a joke on Master. On Expert I can just do whatever and kill the boss with like 1:50 left; I know this is to some extent due to my dojos surging up in levels, but I was still pretty strong last time and still planned my skill use well even if it was tapping a button to murder everything. Doesn't matter one bit this time.

Now, over on Master, if I don't play as Fritz he's worthless, so I have to use him and constantly try to kill with force strikes to get skill attack buffs, which is completely impossible when my AI suddenly decide the one thing they should do while not being suicidal is stealing all my kills. Which they're able to do because it's impossible to tell if I'm going to kill them or not, and also it's actually hard to produce force strikes on command when it's easier to do a hit or two first and whoops dead, or whoops he stood in place for two whole seconds before actually charging the strike and whoops it didn't kill them but Amane's hit did. So I'm just constantly spinning around trying to clean things up well and at most I'll have 16% or 24% skill buffed out of the possible 40%. At least his stuns help at the end but that's a fun game of rng too.

Also, all I have is 3 0UB Lindworms and MUB Unicorn, and boy does Lindworm ever feel pathetic to use like this. At most the long skill lets you dodge the boss attacks better... once... but I feel like I'm barely doing anything. I wish they'd not done that bizarre crit buff on Shishimai so I'd at least have a decent Pele-like strength dragon.

Like I said, I would have gladly welcomed a more difficult version. But this just doesn't feel difficult. I don't feel like I can use strategy when the boss has so much HP that my actions barely matter in comparison to whether or not the AI decides to live or die. I'm not sure if this is just bad luck regarding what characters I have access to, or what, but it sucks. And it's practically worthless beyond the print, which you can at least tell you got, because for everything else you're just rolling the dice on getting anything worthwhile. And it's highly impractical to use the farming prints there, and you'll lose bonuses for getting hit and taking so long to kill, so... what's the actual point of it? I feel like getting to wave 5, hell, maybe even wave 4, should at least give me as much points as clearing Expert flawlessly does given how much less work that is.

and so there went my night, and I still need 2 more HMS kills in the next 26 hours... fuck

Not sure if you've looked into Reddit/YouTube guides on how to tackle Master, here's the most "F2P Friendly" one I could find. He uses Irfan, Raemond, Linus, and Malka (all promoted to 4*). His dragons are 2 MUB Jupiter, 0UB Lindwyrm, and MUB Phoenix. All weapons were 5*T20UB, with Vixel Friend Helper.

The main point of Master is to either farm Wyrmprints or just complete the challenge once for Wyrmite, while Expert is meant to be the Renown farm (unless you can easily farm Master). I'm not saying that's how it should have been done, but I believe that's the main intent of it from what I can tell.

I don't know about the past Expert events feeling particularly harder than this one. I think people just reach a critical mass where Expert gets easier each time as more resources are acculumated and accounts get generally stronger with more options. Every challenge wave has the same difficulty, it's just reliant on how good your adventurers match up to the content. I honestly find this Expert harder than DragonYule or Winds facility event on my F2P no pulls account because Luca and Elias are much weaker than Celery or Ranzal, so I'm much more reliant on non-elemental advantage adventurers.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017

Last event they added that shishimai can drop rare rare rare shit.
This event added WP and even Sand drop chances and for the masochist, Master nod.
Next month we get Void Battles.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
THr thing that gets me mad the most is that unless inget correted, Energy is the only stackable that gets reset when you get an affliction, sl trying to to get lucretia nuke to charge is a fucking endeavor

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Little fun fact: I spend an average of 1 and a half hours on my F2P no pulls account per day (based on Screen Time on iOS). I generally play it 3 times a day (once when I wake up, another when the energy's almost full about ten hours later, and once more before bed), and if you factor in time spent upgrading and managing, I think it makes sense. It might be a little skewed since I know I spent a lot of time during New Years trying to reset for some rares, which definitely lasted hours, on top of being AFK sometimes potentially more time. Either way, I find DL pretty enjoyable as just a game without the gacha, which is why I can upkeep two accounts at once.

Unfortunately don't have any stats on my main since my phone isn't iOS, but I guarantee it's much longer.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Those proposed changes to co-op currency can't come soon enough. Having a real hard time finding anything with getherwings when there's not a raid going on, yet the room fills up instantly if I host

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017

As long as they continue to add new content/events on a consistent basis, they should be fine. What's needed is more difficult content like the High Dragon Trials and the Master trial in this event that takes strategy/mechanics in mind so you aren't just mashing the screen and have to actually dodge/know enemy patterns and attacks. Void battles are coming out next month to bridge the content so we'll see how that goes.

Those proposed changes to co-op currency can't come soon enough. Having a real hard time finding anything with getherwings when there's not a raid going on, yet the room fills up instantly if I host
Same, especially when an event like this is going on no one wants to spend their stamina on hosting.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was apprehensive about the change but I realized I mix up energy usage enough due to events anyway that it's not like I play "optimally" by the costs to begin with. Especially considering the times when I let things stay full by accident on occasion. If anything I think I'm actually a little worried about having to do more co-op, since it can feel a little tiresome to do when I can so easily solo/auto everything. But then again, I'm sure when the time to start something is generally much much faster, everything will feel significantly less tedious and I probably won't actually end up caring! And, thinking about it, Void battles will surely account for that anyway; guess I hadn't thought about that till now, hmm.

I'd also seen not being able to host HMS as an issue since I wanted to use honey to account for it, but... I've actually mainly joined for my weekly clears so I could spend excess wings on it anyway, so wings for hosting will only benefit me. And I already had a lot more success hosting pubs late last night (though I think largely thanks to some great JP players who were probably spending their Sunday afternoon on it...), having some very good runs that mostly just failed due to silly things, like the golem attack somehow killing me despite the fact that they actually died at the last second and no one else got hit by it. But eventually I got 2 clears in a row with 2/3 of the team sticking around for the second. First was an amazingly smooth clear; second almost wiped with a sliver of health, unfortunately I think largely thanks to some bad timing on my part with a Phoenix use when I should have popped my regen heal first as I wasn't actually able to get Phoenix's skill off before being hit... but it still felt great when the last Mikoto managed to land the killing blow. In one of them we even managed to juuuuust barely not get him into an OD before a tattered landed, which was cool.

So even though it was like... 3 AM, it felt very nice to go through such smooth runs after that Master frustration, hah. And I'll deal with that a little later today...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I do think as time goes on, more and more people are understanding HMS mechanics. While geared people are finished with MUB HMS, they still need 786 HMS spheres to max out the wind fafnir statue, so some are sticking to HMS pubs until they finish that. So as players who know what they're doing grows, pubs are getting better. That's my theory at least.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I've been doing it for less than a month and... I've seen some shit, hah. I think recent discount events obviously let some newcomers shoot into being able to do it, though, and I'm sure some of those players will be better than others. I do feel like most fights for me tend to now end either extremely early or very late, which would make me think there's a more general understand of the fight, but I'm only ever doing weeklies so I can't paint an accurate picture of what it's like day to day.

In this case it was just consistently getting very high DPS in my groups, so I think it was more Sunday afternoon hurrying for weeklies? But they also might have just been using their free time then to farm, of course.

The problem is really that I'm still not sure how to handle certain situations near the end, especially in pubs. In Discord you can just go "we'll probably break and then get OD again at the same times, so this time..." but in pubs you have to hope that whatever happens turns out ok the first time. I'm now decently competent at taking a tattered as Phoenix; it's handling him getting OD and/or someone else suddenly trying to take the mark that I don't know how to handle naturally. I at least feel like I'm pretty good at healing ASAP and slowly figuring out when it's good to use a regen heal, so that much is nice.

Actually... I could probably stand to start going through the many recordings I've made of most of my attempts, to cull the bad ones that are just eating up space on my phone, and then review the better ones to think through approaches to those situations and if something else would have worked better. I'll do that... sometime. Also probably worth literally just looking at the order of attacks near the end for a few minutes, as I feel like as I've become more competent, I've lost a little of the memorized specifics....

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still unsure who to promote to 5 star. I'm in a three-way-tie between wanting to promote Celliera, Verica, and Amane...
81AWy3h.png

IPfQkiV.png

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...I didn't realize you could get prints on Expert?

But one dropped for me earlier. Huh. I'll consider it a gift to make up for that one I foolishly gave up last night...

alexlf

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I'm starting to worry I'm not going to be able to clear the Master Challenge in time. My team is Julietta at 80, Amane, Estelle, and Raemond at 70, all with 40 mana nodes. Dragons are H.Silke, Lindworm, Unicorn, and Shishimai all around lvl 40 with 20 bond. T4 LB0 elemental weapons for the the NPCs and T5.2 LB0 Axe for Julietta. I get to the final round but usually have 1 or 2 of the NPCs down and then can't clear the boss in time. Any tips on what I can replace/strategies I can use? Should I just wait till my building is maxed? (Currently 22).

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Just got Liger on my daily pull! I was thinking of doing a 10-pull or two at the end of this event, but I guess I'll refrain.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm starting to worry I'm not going to be able to clear the Master Challenge in time. My team is Julietta at 80, Amane, Estelle, and Raemond at 70, all with 40 mana nodes. Dragons are H.Silke, Lindworm, Unicorn, and Shishimai all around lvl 40 with 20 bond. T4 LB0 elemental weapons for the the NPCs and T5.2 LB0 Axe for Julietta. I get to the final round but usually have 1 or 2 of the NPCs down and then can't clear the boss in time. Any tips on what I can replace/strategies I can use? Should I just wait till my building is maxed? (Currently 22).

Building maxed adds a sizable amount of damage. Your helper ought to be either a Verica or Vixel for 3 regen Heals to keep your team healthy throughout. If you have a MUB Jupiter, I think he actually provides more than Shishimai, at least at equal levels unless you have a character with A LOT of crit chance. One strategy is to use a melee to clear out waves 1-4, then swapped to a range for the boss in order to better bait attacks, like the one that throws three red AoEs at the farthest ally. You can use skills to i-frame red attacks from the boss, which also applies to all your AI, though you need good timing.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Are the servers wonky or something is up with my connection? I'm trying to host a room for the boss raid thing and I keep getting connection errors (Support Code:12). I started this game recently. If I host a room, does it cost me Stamina or the wing things?

Riley

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Are the servers wonky or something is up with my connection? I'm trying to host a room for the boss raid thing and I keep getting connection errors (Support Code:12). I started this game recently. If I host a room, does it cost me Stamina or the wing things?

Right now, hosting a room spends stamina. Getherwings are spent when you join another's room.

alexlf

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Building maxed adds a sizable amount of damage. Your helper ought to be either a Verica or Vixel for 3 regen Heals to keep your team healthy throughout. If you have a MUB Jupiter, I think he actually provides more than Shishimai, at least at equal levels unless you have a character with A LOT of crit chance. One strategy is to use a melee to clear out waves 1-4, then swapped to a range for the boss in order to better bait attacks, like the one that throws three red AoEs at the farthest ally. You can use skills to i-frame red attacks from the boss, which also applies to all your AI, though you need good timing.

Cool, thanks for the tips. I'll wait till the building is finished then and try swapping characters more like you said. And you're right, after pumping up Jupiter a bit to be more in line with Shishimai I can see the HP boost helping far more than the crit boost.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Well, someone managed to clear the master challenge with just story/event characters.

So it's definitely possible, but might require more than what I have at the moment. Both his Luca and Cleo are 5* promoted while I'm using my Elwater to fully unbind Euden, and all the dragons are maxed while mine are hovering around 70 since I level them all equally. I arrived at a similar team makeup with some limited experimenting, but I'm doubting I have the skill or time to clear it at this point in time.

I know I give Elias A LOT of flak, but he's probably best to use for me for Master by virtue of being a Light archer. Ranged unit's AI hit any enemy in their range, while melee units will move away to kill enemies. Turtling up with 3 ranged units is probably the best strategy when only using story and event characters, which can only be done by having Luca/Elias/Cleo.

I'm not sure if this is still an issue, but around launch, there was connection issues if you're using battery saving mode.

Deleted member 38706

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Well, I'm giving up on the Master Challenge. It's just BS. I've gotten close a few times, but it requires a lot of luck. My skills don't build up fast enough for me to i-frame the Manticore's attacks. The Golem constantly gets in the way. Positioning is important, but it's useless when the AIs scatter on their own (even though I used range units for the other three). The fact that none of my helpers are Vixel or Verica makes it even harder than it should be. Did everything I could, and I'm not going to try it for a hundred times. It's a waste of time, and it's not fun. The entire Master Challenge is designed to be more luck-oriented -- making it all the more aggravating.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I, uh, still haven't seriously tried. Past two days have been a little bit of a mess for me mentally, so...

I'll do that later on tomorrow and try to figure things out ASAP using some guides; the one linked here as well as another linked to me elsewhere look good, assuming I can make do with the units I have and the resources I have to upgrade others if absolutely necessary. All I want is any clear at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.