• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know the amount of tarps I need to upgrade the circus tent from 29 to 30? ATM it's building from 28 to 29 but the event will end while it's still in the process of building. Will I still be eligible for the quest completion?

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know the amount of tarps I need to upgrade the circus tent from 29 to 30? ATM it's building from 28 to 29 but the event will end while it's still in the process of building. Will I still be eligible for the quest completion?

You'll need 1,000 Tent Canvas to go from 29 to 30. You won't get the quest reward for finishing after the event is done, though. You can spend wyrmite to instantly finish construction so if the timing is right then you might be able to still come out ahead if you spend less than 100 wyrmite to finish before the event ends.

Lan

Oct 25, 2017
Event wyrmprint drop rates seem to have fallen off a cliff the last couple days. I went from getting 2-3 per day casually playing master once in a while to 0/day while only grinding master.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
You'll need 1,000 Tent Canvas to go from 29 to 30. You won't get the quest reward for finishing after the event is done, though. You can spend wyrmite to instantly finish construction so if the timing is right then you might be able to still come out ahead if you spend less than 100 wyrmite to finish before the event ends.
Oh I see. Well that sucks but I have ocd so I'll upgrade it anyways to 30. Thank you for clearing that up.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Event wyrmprint drop rates seem to have fallen off a cliff the last couple days. I went from getting 2-3 per day casually playing master once in a while to 0/day while only grinding master.

Just a matter of luck.

I didn't get any on Expert till ~500,000 points. I've gotten another in it since.

I didn't attempt Master much before the last few days but - as I ranted about the other night - accidentally gave up a drop and it took me 40 minutes to get another.

Then in maybe two hours total of serious Master attempts yesterday, I got... 3?

which... puts me at 2 MUB + 3 0UB, as if to spite me for wasting that time on that Master print after I gave the first one up...

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Did someone manage to drop a Twinkling Sand from Master? I did the last 500k pts doing Master only and got some prints (3 MUB + 3 0UB) but the sand were nowhere to be seen.

For tomorrow I think we will get half-stamina Dragon Trials until the next event since it's the only content that never got discounted. A x2 getherwings recovery speed during the next event to go along the change could happen too.
As for the next event if it's a raid (Kaleido Labyrinth, when?) we are due a water one (wind banner), especially if it's a limited banner since wind is the only element without one (counting Sarisse as one).

Also the Taipei Game Show 2019 opens tomorrow. Since Cygames will host a Dragalia panel we may receive some gifts, I'm not holding my breath on this one though.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I guess a dragon discount wouldn't be too surprising, but you'd gain relatively little from farming it? Compared to orbs/insignias, it's more reasonable to keep up with them for mana circle costs and dracolith costs skyrocket so fast that it's probably not worth it to farm with those in mind. Guessing that's why it hasn't run yet.

I'd also guess wind-advantage raid, followed by Valentine's fire facility with fire limited banner, but who knows.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Did someone manage to drop a Twinkling Sand from Master? I did the last 500k pts doing Master only and got some prints (3 MUB + 3 0UB) but the sand were nowhere to be seen.

For tomorrow I think we will get half-stamina Dragon Trials until the next event since it's the only content that never got discounted. A x2 getherwings recovery speed during the next event to go along the change could happen too.
As for the next event if it's a raid (Kaleido Labyrinth, when?) we are due a water one (wind banner), especially if it's a limited banner since wind is the only element without one (counting Sarisse as one).

Also the Taipei Game Show 2019 opens tomorrow. Since Cygames will host a Dragalia panel we may receive some gifts, I'm not holding my breath on this one though.

I know somebody who did 17 million reknown for one sand.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
managed to get to the last round with three guys, then survived to the Manticore alone with Julietta and Halloween Altemia, only to discover they barely damage the Manticore at all, even with one dragon transformation going wham on it

welp, that's it, I cannot raise the damage output anymore

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think the last stage is definitely overtuned for such a limited time event.
I managed to barely clear the stage with 6 secs left and for that I had to promote my Amane and even make her a 5 star Light Wand.
It doesn't help that Light element as a whole lack strong DPS output outside of the 5 star character.
There is no equivalent of Musashi, Orion, Euden, Orsem, etc.
The sole 4* DPS weapon unit for Light prior to this event is basically Ryozen, and he is more defensively oriented :/
Amane is fine, but Wand is underwhelming for Horde stage.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I mean you can see what I did on the last page, though I didn't start recording soon enough to show their loadout. All of them were 4*, none had more than 5.2.1 weapons (Fritz 5.2.0, Amane 5.2.1, H. Althemia using off-element 4.3.4, Vixel Halloween staff). I was lucky for dragons but only to an extent (used 2 0UB Lindworms on attackers, MUB Jupiter on H. Althemia, MUB Unicorn on Vixel for whatever good it did).

Now... it was a mess, that I certainly only beat due to having advice from people who did far better at it, and I really hope they do not make it quite so difficult again. I also live in fear of a dark challenge where they decide blind is the affliction to use. But it's at least not that bad, you don't need 5*s or 5.3s. I just think it's more like... there's specifically good units/setups that work and that includes 4*s, but if you're missing enough pieces of that you're kinda out of luck.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I mean you can see what I did on the last page, though I didn't start recording soon enough to show their loadout. All of them were 4*, none had more than 5.2.1 weapons (Fritz 5.2.0, Amane 5.2.1, H. Althemia using off-element 4.3.4, Vixel Halloween staff). I was lucky for dragons but only to an extent (used 2 0UB Lindworms on attackers, MUB Jupiter on H. Althemia, MUB Unicorn on Vixel for whatever good it did).

Now... it was a mess, that I certainly only beat due to having advice from people who did far better at it, and I really hope they do not make it quite so difficult again. I also live in fear of a dark challenge where they decide blind is the affliction to use. But it's at least not that bad, you don't need 5*s or 5.3s. I just think it's more like... there's specifically good units/setups that work and that includes 4*s, but if you're missing enough pieces of that you're kinda out of luck.

Fritz definitely can help, but not everyone has enough Wyrmite to pull him :/

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm one wyrmprint short of MLB'ing another of these event prints, but it won't drop and I'm tired of continually resetting it.

Oh well, maybe I'll do the final un-bind later on, depending on if it's needed.

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
KxtJ2B7.png

That looks like a dagger to me. This is (I assume) the free unit that's very hard to see on the first page for the upcoming event.

I would be shocked if that's a sword.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...huh, daily discount was a dupe Zephyr. I guess I can safely give Roc her one unbind now? Since at worst I'd run Zephyr+Zephyr and then that Roc and/or HMS, with Garuda on Lowen if he's in...

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I hahave Jullieta, Hildegarde, Amane, and Hedward all in my team, with a might of about 15k currently.
GCtSaO5.png

No matter what I did, my team would get to Manticore and slowly drop like flies before they could reach the first Break. I was also trying to figure out between saving the shapeshift until after break has occured to quickly finish the boss off.

I tried everything, including respecing my team members and even switching between Hedward and Jullieta, as the former kept dying first when it came to that Hydra wave.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously it's worthless now, but it might have been better to use another ranged unit instead of one of Julietta and H. Edward.

And having them survive during the boss was timing skill/helper i-frames well and hoping for luck beyond that. The boss had some pretty bullshit attacks though.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Never managed to finish Master in the end, despite my best efforts. My light team was 14800 might after all upgrades I could afford (Ryozen, Lucretia, Hilde, and Vixel), and I only once managed to have them survive long enough to break the manticore, but even with 3 left, they still couldn't put in enough DPS to finish him off before time up. Really sucks to miss out on the 500 wyrmite (as a FTP player), but at least the event wasn't a total wash.

I finished enough runs of Master/Expert to get all the renown rewards (1 million), and managed to just get 4x MUB 5* prints. They really need to rebalance the treasure trade rewards though, as I ran out of balloons far sooner than the bouquets. They should really do a treasure trade between different tiers of item next time, with similar ratios of how they added the scale and orb trading a while back.

I know somebody who did 17 million reknown for one sand.

How does one do 17 MILLION for one sand? I figured it had some astronomically low drop rate, so I didn't even strive for it. I mean, really, that's a lot of grinding, but practically speaking, it stops counting and totaling your quest renown after you hit 1 million, so I'm not even sure how you would even know that, unless you reset your account, or try via 17 different accounts...

Last edited:

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
debating between using the 10 summon voucher now to try to get Fritz and Anniele or save it for the inevitable waifus of Valentine's

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
debating between using the 10 summon voucher now to try to get Fritz and Anniele or save it for the inevitable waifus of Valentine's
I'd say that Annelie and Fritz are always going to be in the summon pool and you will end up pulling them eventually, while limited banners like Valentine's (and perhaps this next Chinese New year event) will only be available for that limited period.

I'm at the point where I'm saving for limited banners and gala's now.

I'd also work out which of your elemental teams is weakest and try and focus on pulling for units that would strengthen those.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say that Annelie and Fritz are always going to be in the summon pool and you will end up pulling them eventually, while limited banners like Valentine's (and perhaps this next Chinese New year event) will only be available for that limited period.

I'm at the point where I'm saving for limited banners and gala's now.

I'd also work out which of your elemental teams is weakest and try and focus on pulling for units that would strengthen those.

Oh good point. Saved it is.

Which team is weaker? Hard to say. Technically dark, as I didn't get ieyasu or whoever so it's my only team with no 5*. Thinking of promoting the dark masked scientist next, but that will still take a couple of weeks.

Edit:but I got the other three samurai guys, and the wiki lists them as top tier... Maybe it is time to redo my dark team.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Scrounged some more wrymite together for one last 10 pull and got Annelie finally! How ironic I get her a day after the event ends. Also got a dupe Zephyr and Eleonora who is new. Sad that I only have 15 wrymite and today's daily was the last of my diamantium but I am so happy at the same time to have Annelie. Especially because one of the pity breakers early on was the new Lance skill wrymprint.

Rhiwion

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Ran into a bit of a conundrum today.

Started the game a week ago, after deciding on a whim that I had my fill of waiting for the game to come out in Europe. Changed my AppStore region settings and that part worked without a hitch.

Now, a new update is out and I can't seem to download it? It shows up in the AppStore tab but when I try to install it I get a prompt telling me "Item is no longer available"?

At first, I tried to change regions again, but since I also refreshed my Apple Music sub, Apple won't let me switch until I cancel the thing and let it run out (three weeks from now)

In fear of losing my progress, I haven't done any riskier maneuvers and research has nit really offered fruitful results. Most likely, deleting the app and redownloading would resolve whatever fucked up issue I'm facing but I obviously don't wanna risk losing my progress and rolls.

Anyone an idea how to go about this?
Can I switch my Nintendo account's region to link my Dragalia save to it and also change it back to Germany afterwards for example?

Any help is appreciated

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get a million, but couldn't clear the shop.
Didn't really feel like it.

5 ten pulls and the only bonus things I got were 3 stars.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Curious what people think about "A Slice of Dragonyule." The game is constantly loading it out for me when I use optimize but a one time 25% skill boost at the start just does not seem especially impressive to me. Do most people use it or try and manually select something a little more versatile?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, optimize isn't very "smart" in general. Once you know what you're doing you should probably never touch it.

But it can be a good print in some cases. Skill prep can be used for getting healers to their first heal faster, for example. And if that's a regen heal that may be all they need to keep things stable from then on.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
According to dataminers the raid's boss will inflict bog. I was expecting freeze but it will be Musashi time to shine again.

Maybe I should promote him and make a 5* wind blade since Addis could use it too.

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
Why the FUCK is Sophie in the S rank lol

Err Melody
I had about the same reaction when I saw that so I took a look at it to figure out why, and there are a couple of reasons:

-Her first skill is an attack buff, and given how long it lasts it and how quickly it charges it basically means that her whole team has a constant 15% attack bonus, on everything. (Attack bonuses and bleed are where the juice is, it seems.)
-Katana users have some tech where their highest DPS sequence is to do the normal attack chain and then to cancel the recovery of the last attack with a failed Force Strike.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Long long is so cool :(
Are they limited units or will they be available after their event?

user__

Oct 25, 2017
That axe design looks really good for the little portion that can be seen. I wish Cy would add new weapons for each adventurer, to complete their designs with something coherent with their aesthetic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.