• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Dragalia Lost |OT| Perfect for Mobile

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Hawk is pretty good for IO since he has Freeze resist. Though Elenora and Louise are better for bog challenges like this.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure I'll really want to pull for Valentine's Day (if they do a Mym or Elisanne, I might not be able to resist), but it's hard to go back to these 3% rates after DragaliaFest, and we'll probably be getting another one of those at the end of February/beginning of March...

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure I'll really want to pull for Valentine's Day (if they do a Mym or Elisanne, I might not be able to resist), but it's hard to go back to these 3% rates after DragaliaFest, and we'll probably be getting another one of those at the end of February/beginning of March...
I honestly think dragaliafrst is worse. Lower chance of getting a featured hero.

Jan 19, 2018
This is the first time I've gotten a Raid epithet (simply never bothered), and I got it on my first try. I was extremely lucky to be carried by two 17k teams. Deathless and epithet clear all on first try is such a comforting experience.

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Got pretty lucky and nabbed all the showcase adventurers and both 5 star wymprints with 1 voucher and 2 wyrmite pulls. Wanted the dragon even if he's not top tier, Wind dragon roster is my weakest, but I know if I go hunting it's gonna drain me. Gotta stay strong and hope for the best with dailies.

Been rolling with a Lowen/Lin You/Louise/Musashi lineup and working up to full bog res. Ku Hai may take over that fourth spot by the end though. All three 4-star sword/blade adventurers for Wind are solid, makes it tough to pick one to focus on upgrading.

Oct 30, 2017
I honestly think dragaliafrst is worse. Lower chance of getting a featured hero.
Hmm on one hand getting more stuff is nice. But with the exception of Light, I'm pretty much set on my teams. For example Fire I have Mikoto, Verica, Ezelith and now Naveed (after the recent 5* ticket). For Wind, even though its not as stacked on 5*, I have Maribelle, Addis, Eleonora and Lowen. There's not much that will significantly upgrade those teams, so I'm mainly rolling because I like the character and not for power. So the lower chance of getting the featured character sucks in Dragalia Fest. It's pretty good to boost your dragon collection up though.

It sure feels like if I don't get the featured character in 1 or 2 ten-pulls, I'm never getting them. H! Elli took like 18K Wrymite and didn't come, same for Sarisse X(. Lily came in 2 pulls, Xmas Cleo too. Ieyasu as well. The last 2 came when I was pulling to use up all my wyrmite when I was intending to quit lol.

Aug 5, 2018
I don’t agree with the reasoning that Gala banners are worse because Wyrmprints are more likely to break pity timers. With 2% more 5* drop rate, you are effectively having a constant 2% increased pity rate that would normally require 4 tenfold summons to reach for regular banners. So instead of normal banner Wyrmprint pity breaks that can make a 6% 5* rate drop back down to 4% after four tenfolds, Gala would just bring it back to 6%, which still has higher 5* adventurer and dragon rates than normal banners. I understand getting Wymprints feels bad, but trying to argue it’s not a sound investment to save for Gala, ESPECIALLY for new players and those who don’t pull often, you’re doing more harm than good.

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, I got my epithet despite being distracted thinking of work nuisances, I didn't even use my first shapeshift. Finished the thing with 1:30 exactly left.
It's the easiest epithet I got so far. It's okay but a bit underwhelming, after the master challenge on the circus event I was expecting something more.
I'll try to improve the time, maybe I was just really lucky with the players I was paired to.

Nov 26, 2017
Just got Lin You from a single ticket, haha, that's like the third 5 star I got from a single ticket. Finally got a good wind unit now, despite the fact I have Louise she was not doing very good for me.

Oct 30, 2017
I don’t agree with the reasoning that Gala banners are worse because Wyrmprints are more likely to break pity timers. With 2% more 5* drop rate, you are effectively having a constant 2% increased pity rate that would normally require 4 tenfold summons to reach for regular banners. So instead of normal banner Wyrmprint pity breaks that can make a 6% 5* rate drop back down to 4% after four tenfolds, Gala would just bring it back to 6%, which still has higher 5* adventurer and dragon rates than normal banners. I understand getting Wymprints feels bad, but trying to argue it’s not a sound investment to save for Gala, ESPECIALLY for new players and those who don’t pull often, you’re doing more harm than good.
For new players, I would say, pull Gala until you are happy with your adventurer / dragon teams, then feel free to pull on whichever banner catches your fancy. Once you have 4 DPS + a healer for an element + appropriate dragons, you are pretty much set. Unless future events need 100% status resist for the whole team

Aug 5, 2018
For new players, I would say, pull Gala until you are happy with your adventurer / dragon teams, then feel free to pull on whichever banner catches your fancy. Once you have 4 DPS + a healer for an element + appropriate dragons, you are pretty much set. Unless future events need 100% status resist for the whole team
I think that's a solid way to go about it. The biggest thing is that I see A LOT of people dislike the Gala because of their personal experience of getting a lot of Wyrmprints or dupes, without realizing how much better it is for people with not a lot of 5*'s in the first place. A whale friend of mine calls it the GAYla because of how many dupes he got, but that's not going to be the case for those who haven't pulled much. It's basically the quinessential anti-whale banner because it gains more value the less you already have in the regular pool.

Oct 25, 2017
Got Lin You on the pity break of my main account (already have her on my alt) , sadly no Ku Hai :/ well hope I can get him in the future , this time no Dragon for me in both accounts

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018
I only need about 5K more Elwater for my Euden to be fully unbound on my F2P no pulls account, and to be officially HMS ready. Would have gotten there a lot sooner if I did the Hard mode chapters or sold spare event Wyrmprints, but I’m lazy and also a hoarder. Besides that, I should get that much from finishing up the Emblem rewards, so it’s only a matter of time.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I think that's a solid way to go about it. The biggest thing is that I see A LOT of people dislike the Gala because of their personal experience of getting a lot of Wyrmprints or dupes, without realizing how much better it is for people with not a lot of 5*'s in the first place. A whale friend of mine calls it the GAYla because of how many dupes he got, but that's not going to be the case for those who haven't pulled much. It's basically the quinessential anti-whale banner because it gains more value the less you already have in the regular pool.
I haven't pulled on the banenr at all tbh, it just seemed a waste (part of the problem is I still don't view archers as that good).

And its not the anti whale banner at all, its the anti dolphin banner, whales wouldn't roll on a dragon rate up banner(which i consider to be by far the best banner for new people and dolphins) because they have them all mubbed.

Aug 5, 2018
I haven't pulled on the banenr at all tbh, it just seemed a waste (part of the problem is I still don't view archers as that good).

And its not the anti whale banner at all, its the anti dolphin banner, whales wouldn't roll on a dragon rate up banner(which i consider to be by far the best banner for new people and dolphins) because they have them all mubbed.
I don't think anti-whale and anti-dolphin are mutually exclusive, but I'm also iffy on calling Gala's anti-dolphin and not anti-whale to begin with. I consider myself a whale because I literally pull until I have the focus of every banner without any regards to a set budget (though I don't feel pressured to keep pulling for MUB because we have stones). I personally consider Gala anti-whale because a whale is going to be pulling more on average during a Gala banner to get the focus compared to any other banner. The focus starts at .5% with a 6% 5* rate when most banners would increase the focus at the 6% rate. And during that whole time, a whale is going to be constantly pulling dupes because of how much higher the off-focus rate is compared to the on focus during the Gala banner.

The definition of a dolphin probably differs from person-to-person, but from my understanding, it's someone who spends a fair amount, but also is mainly concerned with the best deals, whether it's from currency purchases or banners. I'm well aware that the dragon banner was easily the best banner we've ever had value-wise, but there is literally no indication that it'll ever come back, whereas the Gala does have a set schedule of returning.

That being the case, saying the Gala is anti-dolphin because it hasn't matched the value of a one-time showcase doesn't seem like a fair comparison. By that logic, dolphins should literally just never spend for any of the banners, since nothing will stack up to the dragon banner until it comes back, if ever. Limited banners are even pretty poor value when you consider they have the same rates as a normal banner, and it isn't guaranteed the focus units are going to be worthwhile, Dragonyule Cleo being the biggest culprit of this in regards to High Brunhilda. We all assume Halloween Elly and Ieyasu will be good for their respective High Dragon Trials, but that doesn't come with a guarantee like pulling for Sarisse for HMS does since the other High Dragons aren't out yet.

I agree that for dolphins that have been regularly pulling since launch during normal banners, the Gala isn't great value. They're very likely to pull dupes. However, I believe for any new dolphins that are looking to pull during the best times, the Gala should be what they're initially saving their pulls for since they'll be getting more for their Wyrmite/Diamantium compared to any other banner aside from the dragon banner. Even as someone who has pulled for the focus since the the Winter Flower showcase, I managed to get several new adventurers and dragons that were never on focus like Xander and Zephyr on top of all the dupes while pulling for Sarisse because of how frequently 5*'s drop in general during Gala compared to normal banners.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Would like to upgrade a healer to 5* as I don’t have one currently. Any suggestions on which would be the most worthwhile?

I have Cleo (Purple), Vixel (Yellow), Althemia (Yellow), Lowen (Green), Rikardt (Blue) and Aurien (Red). Lowen and Vixel seem the best.

Last edited:

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Would like to upgrade a healer to 5* as I don’t have one currently. Any suggestions on which would be the most worthwhile?

I have Cleo (Purple), Vixel (Yellow), Althemia (Yellow), Lowen (Green), Rikardt (Blue) and Aurien (Red). Lowen and Vixel seem the best.
Probably Lowen. Light has other healers, and Lowen will probably be the only wind healer for a while.

Edit: Also got Ku Hai in my daily summon!

Faiz

Oct 26, 2017
It’s amazing how quickly I fall off in gachas. I was full steam ahead and then realized I hadn’t played in days. As usual it was fun while it lasted.

Oct 25, 2017

I would suggest not doing this unless you need to for a high dragon. There is very little benefit for the eldwater cost otherwise.

That being said, Lowen would probably be the most fitting/safe for that.

Aug 5, 2018
Finally fully unbound Euden on my F2P no pulls account, who can now officially survive the HMS initial blast 100% of the time.

While it took me this long, keep in mind that I haven’t done all the hard mode chapters (literally have just done chapter 1), haven’t sold most spare event Wyrmprints since I’m a hoarder, and I unfortunately couldn’t farm the Circus event as much as I wanted due to how busy I was in January. On top of that, with 5K Elwater being added every new chapter in hard mode, significantly more Elwater rewards in events compared to the launch months, AND facility events (hopefully) letting you always exchange 20 stamina for 300 Elwater, it’s signficantly faster to fully unbind a character nowadays compared to launch. Of course, someone actually pulling will also just reach it way sooner from dupes.

If the next High Dragon is doable with no pulls (like High Mercury potentially with Ranzal and MUB HMS for example), I’ll use my Elwater for that next, otherwise I might just do it for Botan since I love her kit for raids, and she’ll never be disadvantaged with dark typing. Talking about High Dragons, with the newest event Wyrmprint having 50% Bog resist, welfare characters might potentially be High Dragon viable when double Wyrmprint arrive, which is great. There might be potential for Elisanne in HBH with a 50% burn resist event print and MUB High Merc later down the line.

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I would suggest not doing this unless you need to for a high dragon. There is very little benefit for the eldwater cost otherwise.

That being said, Lowen would probably be the most fitting/safe for that.
I am not concerned about the high dragon stuff. I’ve spent $4 on this but that will probably be my limit. I’m just playing casually but since it is so slow going with getting elswater it’s nice to get some other people’s thoughts. With that being said, I want to upgrade a healer so that’s my plan. Lowen works for me.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh snap, tenfold gave me Lin You and the 100% curse print!

I'm not too interested in a Valentines banne., Christmas units were super cookie cutter looking and I imagine Valentines would be a bunch of red and love-hearty crap.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, I’m still waiting on rate up from dailies to pull. I have these 2 10 tickets now and like 24k wyrmite. I’d rather not stock up quite so much, but...

I’m not even sure I really want to pull - I don’t really need anything that’s rated up. Both Musashi and Lowen are very likely viable High Merc units so Lin’s not super appealing, I really don’t want Long Long, and I don’t need another dupe Stribog when I have Garuda. If Zephyr and Roc were rated up, then we’d be talking...

So maybe this is the first banner I don’t pull at all? Or maybe just once for the hell of it. I was already just thinking twice to begin with, but now I feel weird using 2 tickets when I don’t need anything. I’m not exactly hyped for Valentine’s either, though, seeing as I’m kinda set for fire and I can only assume it’s that. Maybe if there’s an interesting weapon type...