• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
My ability to perceive grinding/farming is kinda fucked due to the sheer amount of insignias I've used to level dojos in the past couple months. Along with not having to really build weapons, since I built Verica's 4.3.4 over 2 months ago, and otherwise only have 5.2.0s, so I have a huge materials/rupies stockpile.

...so it will be interesting, let's say, to see how much of a shock to my system the requirements for void battle materials will be.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Void battles is pretty interesting. The Shroom is harder than the Golem. Not even close to getting the epithet for the Shroom but got the Golem Epithet on the second try.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
For me the golem is too stronk even though my water team is better than my dark team by 1000 might, except for dragons, I don't have good water dragons and dark have a fully unbound Slekie and a 0UB Marishiten. The axe girl from new year is amazing against the shroom with her sleeping AOE force strike and bleeding.

The dull debuff is pretty severe, I was wondering why I could take like half a health bar from the golem during the first minute and the later half barely could damage it, turns out the stupid AI doesn't bother dodging its attacks and I end up losing 3/4 of my DPS, making impossible for me to win the fight.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
I can freeze the golem once and then he resists during the rest of the fight :(. Even energyzing my guys doesn't seems to work.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Weapons very much confuse me and I'm not sure if anyrhing's worth getting currently, but the names fucking rule. And the fights are neat, with the shop looking very solid as well.

If there really isn't anything to use void seeds for beyond buying the building + (not very useful?) fafnir dragons + trading down, it seems like clearing February's shop of important things will be easy. There's an endeavor for 5x clearing each boss, it seems, and at least going by golem that gives a void seed. All the important stuff is 345 leaves total and trading down the endeavor seeds will give you 320, so you're almost there.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, hmm, 5x shroom doesn't give a seed.

Still, the others' might give more than 1... and even if it's just 1, that's still most of the shop.

EDIT: though, uh, I guess the drop rate might not be ridiculous as I already got a seed from shroom

...feeling like March's shop might be much more expensive

Last edited:

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
It's not even freeze Xander just breaks him instantly then he dies.

Void battles did enough just wish they had more of them and that the crafting ui made some sense.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
the mushroom just dropped me 2 3* wands! uooo
that will make the farming even more enticing. And also i just noticed that the void weapons actually go up a * upon upgrading to the third tier, so the 4*sword turns into a 5* fire sword with HM bane... that should make up for eudens XD i guess i have a new weapon to strive for >_< XD (my poor only 5*III weapon goes to nothing... general use it is...)

//WAIT, why the new 5*sword has those poor stats?? is this suposed to HELP against HM? even adding 20% damage from the bane its still far behind! 362x1,2=434 vs 556 from levatein! (im not even considering HP, the "gate" for High dragons into the question)

other than that, and without considering stats... some weapons have potential specially against the voids.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
For me the golem is too stronk even though my water team is better than my dark team by 1000 might, except for dragons, I don't have good water dragons and dark have a fully unbound Slekie and a 0UB Marishiten. The axe girl from new year is amazing against the shroom with her sleeping AOE force strike and bleeding.

The dull debuff is pretty severe, I was wondering why I could take like half a health bar from the golem during the first minute and the later half barely could damage it, turns out the stupid AI doesn't bother dodging its attacks and I end up losing 3/4 of my DPS, making impossible for me to win the fight.

If you want, you could grind the mushroom to get weapons that resist dulling, which would definitely help the AI DPS. It's basically by design that you grind the mushroom to build weapons meant for golem to then make weapons for Zypher who in theory gives you weapons for HMS, though it remains to be seen how good that is.

the mushroom just dropped me 2 3* wands! uooo
that will make the farming even more enticing. And also i just noticed that the void weapons actually go up a * upon upgrading to the third tier, so the 4*sword turns into a 5* fire sword with HM bane... that should make up for eudens XD i guess i have a new weapon to strive for >_< XD (my poor only 5*III weapon goes to nothing... general use it is...)

//WAIT, why the new 5*sword has those poor stats?? is this suposed to HELP against HM? even adding 20% damage from the bane its still far behind! 362x1,2=434 vs 556 from levatein! (im not even considering HP, the "gate" for High dragons into the question)

I think the idea is that the void sword is basically the bare minimum that can still clear HMS, while the normal 5*T3 is much more effective. So a new person could relatively easily make this sword and conceivably start doing HMS while very slowly building up towards a 5*T3. It might also upgrade at max unbind for 25% HMS damage. That's just my theory though, since we don't have the numbers yet on how effective this is for HMS.

Something that might be later down the road that I've seem suggested is that these void weapons could be combined with 5*T3's in order to give them the passives. That way you're making both weapons relevant and have an ultimate weapon that can really ease the barrier to HMS. That's basically just a pipe dream though.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, hmm, 5x shroom doesn't give a seed.

Still, the others' might give more than 1... and even if it's just 1, that's still most of the shop.

EDIT: though, uh, I guess the drop rate might not be ridiculous as I already got a seed from shroom

...feeling like March's shop might be much more expensive
The endeavors are there to ensure the Treasure Trade can be cleared even though there's only one week left in the month. I've yet to have a seed drop despite doing over 30 Void Battles, so I don't think there's any chance of prices getting raised.

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
What use does the Golem Core that the fire boss drop have? It's not used to craft any of the weapons and as far as I can see you can't trade it for anything besides the Steel Slave, which also doesn't have a use as far as I can tell.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
What use does the Golem Core that the fire boss drop have? It's not used to craft any of the weapons and as far as I can see you can't trade it for anything besides the Steel Slave, which also doesn't have a use as far as I can tell.

It's a little confusing, but you use Golem Cores and Steel Slabs for weapons meant for Zypher. So look at the weapons with Physian's Bane like the dagger Big Boy or the sword Hefty Ingot, and you'll see their upgrades require the Steel Golem drops.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Void Battles are interesting and I'm enjoying them so far. The golem is super fast, you've really got to be on your toes. (either that or ring ring lily desu him into the next dimension, one of these days Cygames will stop making fire bosses that can be frozen)

The weapons are interesting. They seem like they'll be quite a bit easier to make than 5* T3s so they're nice options for just filling out characters. I save my mats for making maxed out 5*s for characters I'm going to use in High Dragon Trials so I would probably make some MUB Void weapons for some of my other characters for a nice boost.

The new 5* Light staff might be the new best option for Hildegarde, so I'll work towards that. All of the normal Light staves have shit abilities, so giving those up for +5% recovery potency seems decent. Its either that or keep using Vampire's Lantern.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone able to consistently solo the Void Mushroom boss? Let alone auto? I've a fairly strong shadow team (14500 might), but I'm having loads of difficulty keeping them alive to do enough damage to kill him. Even timed out a few times. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm running Nefaria (main), Cleo (just subbed in for healing), Sazanka, and Botan.

heavy liquid

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone able to consistently solo the Void Mushroom boss? Let alone auto? I've a fairly strong shadow team (14500 might), but I'm having loads of difficulty keeping them alive to do enough damage to kill him. Even timed out a few times. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm running Nefaria (main), Cleo (just subbed in for healing), Sazanka, and Botan.

I can solo the Void Mushroom boss pretty easily. I'm just under 15k with 5*Sazanka, Leyasu, Cleo and Boton. I keep it on auto and manually dodge attacks.

The Steel Golem I've only managed to clear solo once. My team is 16.3k with Xander, Lily, Cleo and Ricardt. I probably tried at least 10 other times to solo it before resorting to co-op.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
so far i feel that until we get some really good prints against poison it will be difficult to play the mushroom solo (unless bruteforcing with 5* as above XD)

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
So I did some math and the new fire axe is better than the 5* T3. A MUB copy of the new axe will give slightly more damage than a MUB copy of the 5* T3 axe when you take into account the 20% damage boost against HMS.

This is of course a trade off against all other content. In the axe's case the existing 5* axe's weapon skill was awful so giving it up isn't much of a loss. The katan is probably a different story since it has an actually good DPS skill attached to it. I haven't looked at the numbers but I'd assume the same result: the new katana would give you more damage against HMS from a pure numbers stand point, though I'd imagine the original weapon's skill would actually tip the scale back in favor of Heaven's Acuity this time.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
I can solo the Void Mushroom boss pretty easily. I'm just under 15k with 5*Sazanka, Leyasu, Cleo and Boton. I keep it on auto and manually dodge attacks.

The Steel Golem I've only managed to clear solo once. My team is 16.3k with Xander, Lily, Cleo and Ricardt. I probably tried at least 10 other times to solo it before resorting to co-op.
Hmmm, okay, I'm doing much better with my team now that I have learned the patterns better. Still finishing with 1-2 units alive about 50% the time, but consistently clearing it otherwise.

As for the banner, I didn't have Agni or Poseidon, so I decided to do a single 10 pull from my Gala wyrmite reserves to see what happens. Got Cerberus (my second one), Liger (first for me), Juggernaut (7th one), and Unicorn (3rd one). Also got the boosted 5* wyrmprint (Flash of Genius) on the pull. Though I'm over the moon, it was really confusing to not see a single rate up dragon in the 2 5* that appeared. Now I'm having serious cravings to pull again, even though I'm so unlikely to get lucky again. Have to save for Gala next month!!

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I find Shroom to be the most annoying of the two, probably due to the fact that Shadow has a more limited pool of good adventurers and dragons, especially when you don't have Ieyasu :/

Steel Golem is quite easy, just stick to his ass and spam Force Strike.

I was hoping Mikoto wouldn't be the 5* on rate-up, I guess I will wait to see what's the next banner is about before eventually throwing one or two ten-pull.

Now that Void Battles are out I expect a new "What's ahead" soon, hopefully with some news about Wyrmprints change, next HDT and chapter 8.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
These are really fun so far. The treasure trade rewards are awesome.

The one shadow banner we had is really paying a price for the mushroom though... Lots of off-element picks getting paralyzed and killed in the first 30 seconds. If you have 3-4 4k+ Ieyasus it's a joke, though. Got the 4* elemental wand for lily that should make the golem less annoying. Really looking forward to seeing how difficult the other 2 are. I have my eye on that new 5* fire axe for Vanessa.

I'm sure most people know this but before the mushroom charges, it's direction on the minimap will rotate to the direction it's going to charge in pretty much a full second in advance. A lot of people I've played with are struggling with this so hopefully it helps.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Made a Big Boy of Justice and got Melsa up to 40 mana circle nodes so I'm ready for Void Zephyr. She'd still do much less damage than my Vanessa even with the bane bonuses, but I'm banking on dull being as prolific in the Zephyr fight as it is in the golem fight so being immune to the status should put Melsa ahead.

I also put the water wand together for Lily. Same thing here: less strength on the base weapon is way more than made up for by not having my strength cut to pieces by the dull status during the fight. I only have the middle tier wand at the moment, working on getting it to the 4* version and hopefully MUBing both weapons eventually for farming.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
fire facility really validating my weapon materials stockpile, hmm

The endeavors are there to ensure the Treasure Trade can be cleared even though there's only one week left in the month. I've yet to have a seed drop despite doing over 30 Void Battles, so I don't think there's any chance of prices getting raised.

Anecdotally, the drop rate while very very rare seems non-ridiculous (I got one within ~10 fights and I've certainly heard of others getting them, compared to stuff like the NY drops) and you'd only need like four in one month to clear the good stuff, which is why I don't trust this continuing. Would be very nice if it does, though.

Use Sazanka as main to force strike with her sleep buff. That's worked well for me.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Can solo these pretty easily, but I don't get anywhere near the times for the Epithets.
Got a Complete, so don't care about survivability either.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Thoughts on the Petal Queen wyrmprint from the Valentine's event? I didn't bother getting it with my roses because I don't quite understand the energy thing. Is it worth snagging while I still have the necessary petals? I guess I could always sell it most likely after and that's probably a good use of the petals I have left.

So glad I was able to trade the void whatever for a silver dragon. Purple has been hellish for dragons -- I have 2 4* and 2 3* in use so it's nice to get another 4* even if it may not be as strong yet since the 3* are fully unbound.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I def think its worth obtaining a mub one as its good toolbox print for characters like maribelle/lily that have really hard hitting nukes and 100 percent skill prep.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts on the Petal Queen wyrmprint from the Valentine's event? I didn't bother getting it with my roses because I don't quite understand the energy thing. Is it worth snagging while I still have the necessary petals? I guess I could always sell it most likely after and that's probably a good use of the petals I have left.

So glad I was able to trade the void whatever for a silver dragon. Purple has been hellish for dragons -- I have 2 4* and 2 3* in use so it's nice to get another 4* even if it may not be as strong yet since the 3* are fully unbound.

It's full energized prep at MUB, which has its uses.

If you otherwise only have tablets and lower left in the shop, I would say to get it. If you still have the more important stuff left to get, it's not the priority.

EDIT: also uhhhh do not trade for Bronze Fafnirs right now if that's what you meant; their buff is adventurer exp (so they're not going to be better than a 3*) and the seed they cost is worth 80 leaves towards getting the important stuff from the shop before it resets

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
The gift that was the Valentine event has finally ended. The Void Battles are interesting for now. I was confused about the Golem and tried to solo it to no avail. Dull really made me feel weak, but the Golem dies fast when in co-op. The Golem epithet wasn't that difficult to get, and the Mushroom is more annoying to deal with despite supposedly being "weaker". I did manage to solo the Mushroom at least, but it's not worth the time.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
If you want, you could grind the mushroom to get weapons that resist dulling, which would definitely help the AI DPS. It's basically by design that you grind the mushroom to build weapons meant for golem to then make weapons for Zypher who in theory gives you weapons for HMS, though it remains to be seen how good that is.

I think it's probably worth getting one of those weapons just in case. I finally managed to beat the golem solo, after learning his patterns and how to avoid him for the most part, only had 26 seconds left on the clock.

lYPCu6p.png
After that I had enough confidence to join a random lobby. Got into one with two Lilys that just erased the golem by freeze locking it and got the Epithet in our second try. Does Lily have a better freezing chance than dragonyule Cleo?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's probably worth getting one of those weapons just in case. I finally managed to beat the golem solo, after learning his patterns and how to avoid him for the most part, only had 26 seconds left on the clock.

After that I had enough confidence to join a random lobby. Got into one with two Lilys that just erased the golem by freeze locking it and got the Epithet in our second try. Does Lily have a better freezing chance than dragonyule Cleo?

Looks like both skill 1s have 120% freeze chance when they're level 3.

But Lily has skill prep and the skill takes less SP to charge so she can use it more.

EDIT: oh, right, I forgot that D. Cleo has that skill cost issue- if that's still a thing, her level 2 w/ 110% freeze chance is sliiiiiightly cheaper to charge, so once they fix it her level 3 should be as well

though Lily is probably safer to use, and has the prep

Oct 26, 2017
I can auto battle the mushroom fight with a little better than a 50/50 success rate. Might swap out Nefaria for Orion for more consistency and because the boss can be inflicted with blindness and Orion doesn't need to force strike to land that.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, yeah, in 5 shroom fights and 9 golem fights (I have that count thanks to comparing the endeavors), I've now gotten a seed from each.

So that's totally just luck, but I'm really wondering how rare they actually are. And if harder fights have a better rate...

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
EDIT: also uhhhh do not trade for Bronze Fafnirs right now if that's what you meant; their buff is adventurer exp (so they're not going to be better than a 3*) and the seed they cost is worth 80 leaves towards getting the important stuff from the shop before it resets
Aww bummer. Well I definitely did the trade already ;P Even leveled up the might is significantly lower than my Pallid Imp and other 3* sadly but I couldn't help it!

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Why are their so many damn players using Ieyasu against the Golem? They die almost immediately.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ooooh, nice, my existing 4.2.2 weapons that I made along while back before I stopped making more 4* accidentally worked out perfectly for this.

Sazanka and Celliera can't get void weapons, and I need dark and water 4.3.0 to have all elements covered for when I want to dismantle to trade steel bricks for insignias. Turns out I had a 4.2.2 axe and blade on the right path for them (only other 4.2.2 were a dagger and lance, and I'd rather let Orion have a damage skill from 5.2.0 and Elli has void options). So that's a nice little improvement for them while also covering those elements at only be cost of 2 4.2.0s and the T3 enhancement, hmm.

...meanwhile, just giving Lily and Orsem the 3* T2 0UB dull resistance weapons was enough to auto golem. Upgrading those a little further should make it much safer, but that's a great sign.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to beat the Golem solo by building two anti dull weapons, a T3 knife for Orsem and a T2 Lance for Elissane

Wait...the Golem is burning? I just noticed the game put the V! Orion Wyrmprint on my Orsem that does +25% to burning enemies

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
nope the game auto puts on maxed out prints so it's all screwy with the new prints

Ah

I tried fighting it without the card and it seemed slightly lower damage, but couldn't really conclude either way

Why would I want 20 Bronze Fafnirs. Can I equip 4 of them for ridic experience?

e: I assumed it was for MUBing 4 of them, just didn't know if it was possible to even equip them all at the same time. I sell my repeated dragons that I am not using to unbind

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It's adventurer EXP, not player EXP.

There's 20 so you can MUB 4 of them. If you really want to. Which you shouldn't, please.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Just tried the Void Battles, cleared all except the wind one so far. I feel fairly geared (not HMS, but close) and it still takes a while. I have no clue about the new mechanics though. Like the Manticore just doesn't break? and has no indicators on attacks after overdrive. Zephyr is mostly easy except for the red AOE, which I think you are supposed to stack together, but right now 2 people stack and 2 people don't, resulting in a failed run.

Does dull reduce atk damage by a lot?

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
LOL, my boyfriend just got randomly stuck at the bottom of the Zephyr map as Ezelith, and she just kept screaming YOU'RE IN MY WAY MOVE over and over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.