• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of good QoL coming. Though I'm still hoping to be able to directly craft tier 2-3 without crafting the previous tier first.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I was saving my pulls for the next Gala but if the new 5* dragon is strength-based then I'm going for the upcoming banner instead. A 5* strength-boosting shadow dragon is the only hole I have in my line up for future High Dragon Trials. The rest of my collection is really great so I was really only waiting for the Gala for an excuse to finally blow my wyrmite anyway.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
If they are so generous with gifts now and were ridiculously generous at new years I'm already salivating at the thought of what we are going to get for the anniversary events

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, going by what I see of Granblue on Twitter, the answer will eventually be: an extremely high amount of free pulls

could be, like, years before we'd get something like that though

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
you can auto zephyr???? HOW? i always assumed the AI is stupid and would die on nukes

You need to have your healer as the focus and 3 melee characters as they'll for the most part stick together to absorb the nuke.
Its not perfect but it's pretty consistent.

tSaDCil_d.jpg

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
So with Double Wyrmprints confirmed to be definitely coming, it's worth taking a look at who the biggest winners are:

- 100% HP = Def prints: if you're fortunate enough to have Hildegarde, Jeanne D'Arc and this Give me Your Wounded, congratulations on completing Dragalia Lost. Barring prohibitive ailment inflictions, there's no content she can't clear. Lily gets an honorary mention for now being able to bring a 5* Elemental weapon and Leviathan into High Brunhilda.

- The Choclatiers: Thaniel becomes a way better healer and HBH a way less restrictive fight when everyone has a big Def buff for the HP check at the start. Ryozen Finds a Niche in the High Zodiark fight with his Def buff skill. Verica also appreciates 100% Skill Prep, but she didn't exactly need any help.

- Any 25% Skill Prep print: Similarly, Lowen and Cleo reduce the requirements for High Mercury and Jupiter respectively by firing off Def buffs at the start of those fights. Amane gets to make Lucretia look just a little sillier too.

- Heavenly Holiday: now all Light units have 100% Curse Resist for High Zodiark.

- Doublebuff and Buff Time Prints: with Skill Prep and skill haste becoming more more attractive, but activations will be more frequent making these abilities more viable.

- A fat stack of Wyrmprints can now be classified as "combo prints". Stuff like Levin's Champion, Royal Rendition, Stellar Show and the weapon exclusive prints were difficult to justify alone. But together, they provide significant bonuses to the performance of the right units.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So with Double Wyrmprints confirmed to be definitely coming, it's worth taking a look at who the biggest winners are:

- 100% HP = Def prints: if you're fortunate enough to have Hildegarde, Jeanne D'Arc and this Give me Your Wounded, congratulations on completing Dragalia Lost. Barring prohibitive ailment inflictions, there's no content she can't clear. Lily gets an honorary mention for now being able to bring a 5* Elemental weapon and Leviathan into High Brunhilda.

- The Choclatiers: Thaniel becomes a way better healer and HBH a way less restrictive fight when everyone has a big Def buff for the HP check at the start. Verica also appreciates 100% Skill Prep, but she didn't exactly need any help.

- Any 25% Skill Prep print: Similarly, Lowen and Cleo reduce the requirements for High Mercury and Jupiter respectively by firing off Def buffs at the start of those fights. Amane gets to make Lucretia look just a little sillier too.

- Heavenly Holiday: now all Light units have 100% Curse Resist for High Zodiark.

- Doublebuff and Buff Time Prints: with Skill Prep and skill haste becoming more more attractive, but activations will be more frequent making these abilities more viable.

- A fat stack of Wyrmprints can now be classified as "combo prints". Stuff like Levin's Champion, Royal Rendition, Stellar Show and the weapon exclusive prints were difficult to justify alone. But together, they provide significant bonuses to the performance of the right units.

This is a nice overview, but I'm a little confused by what you mean by "combo prints" at the end. Are you still talking about for high dragons exclusively?

Because otherwise, my understanding is that Resounding Rendition and the weapon exclusive prints are already best in slot to begin with.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Resounding and the heralds of hinamoto were always the best fill in the blank dps print.

Levins was on the cusp but now becomes really good.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
Tons of great news this morning. I drooled at half of the QoL updates.

Finally a dark facility too! Hopefully they add a 40/60 str dragon to the normal pool. I want to save wyrmite for the Gala and I'm sitting at 1500 but I'd gladly chase that as I never got Marishten...

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oooh, didn't realize till I saw someone point it out - if you get the stats from the second print, that'd also have some uses.

That'd push my Sinoa from only being able to run 1UB Prom to being able to use MUB Ifrit if any Vanessa at all is around. I don't feel bad about having used the sunstone still since I really wanted to have her as an option ASAP, and I like not having to have a Vanessa in the room too, but it'll be nice to have a higher strength option at times.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
This is a nice overview, but I'm a little confused by what you mean by "combo prints" at the end. Are you still talking about for high dragons exclusively?

Because otherwise, my understanding is that Resounding Rendition and the weapon exclusive prints are already best in slot to begin with.
Resounding and the heralds of hinamoto were always the best fill in the blank dps print.

Levins was on the cusp but now becomes really good.
The combo print post was more referring to general purpose content like Void Battles and comparing those prints to their Facility equivalents like Plunder Pals. It's hard to justify pulling for and unbinding Resounding Rendition for anyone with MUB PP but it's a more attractive prospect when you can the crit effect with Levin's Champion to make both prints better than they were alone.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, shadow is my weakest team. Only Nefaria (bow) is a 5 star. Other 4 stars I have are Botan (lance), Sazanka (axe), and cleo (staff).

Problem is my dojos are all at level 10 or 11 for bow, lance, and axe since I've been busy grinding on the sword, staff (level 21s), and wand dojos. But I also have no 5 star shadow weapons =/ (damn the lack of twinkling sands).

I suppose I can build up Rodrigo (sword) but that eldwater cost and ultimately lack of enough material and currency for a 5 star shadow sword...

Not sure I want to pull either. Might just have to miss out on the hardest epithet for this event =(

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Have to hand it to the Dragalia Lost team, these updates and QoL improvements are coming so quick. Can't wait for these new improvements. Excited to see what the major update in April will, likely to coinside with the 6th month anniversary.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
You don't need 5.3s for the Master fight at all. At least, last time everyone on my team had 5.2.0s. Actually, worse, because H. Althemia and Vixel had Verica's 4.3.4 off-element and the Halloween staff, so it was only Fritz and Amane with those.

Dojos might hurt you a bit, though. Should try to upgrade those a lil if you can.

EDIT:

and, obviously, dragons are gonna matter, though I did clear with 2 0UB Lindworms + MUB Unicorn on Vixel + uh, MUB Jupiter on H. Althemia

also an issue of, I think, wanting all your AI to be ranged if you can help it, though maybe without big pools of poison that won't matter quite as much

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017

- The Choclatiers: Thaniel becomes a way better healer and HBH a way less restrictive fight when everyone has a big Def buff for the HP check at the start. Ryozen Finds a Niche in the High Zodiark fight with his Def buff skill. Verica also appreciates 100% Skill Prep, but she didn't exactly need any help.

Just curious if you have any insights or suggestions for 3* prints to hold on to now that "print combos" might be a thing. I have MUB'd a couple of them, but have been selling most for eldwater...

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You don't need 5.3s for the Master fight at all. At least, last time everyone on my team had 5.2.0s. Actually, worse, because H. Althemia and Vixel had Verica's 4.3.4 off-element and the Halloween staff, so it was only Fritz and Amane with those.

Dojos might hurt you a bit, though. Should try to upgrade those a lil if you can.

I couldn't make it on the last master circus event. I passed on pulling and the best (in terms of mana circles) units I had was Hildegard, Amane, Vixel, and the boy with the bow from the winter event. Wasn't good not strong enough to tank it with Xander solo either =/

Though now all my elemental facilities are maxed at least, so maybe I'll have a chance. But I also only have a single juggernaut.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Just curious if you have any insights or suggestions for 3* prints to hold on to now that "print combos" might be a thing. I have MUB'd a couple of them, but have been selling most for eldwater...

Dragon's Nest for dragon prep, and I know Bellathorna is the only print with a Buff Time ability.

Can't think of any other notable ones. There's obviously some with good abilities, but in practice you'd probably still benefit more from a 4* or 5* you have.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
With the game Half Anniversary coming up soon I went to have a look at what Cygames has done with their last game before Dragalia, Princess Connect Re:Dive, which released in Japan on February 15, 2018.

08/15/2018 Half Anniversary Campaign:
-Half Anniversary login bonus, 150 jewels daily and up to 1500 jewels.
-Rewards from Mana Quest and Exp Quest tripled.
-Daily mission reward doubled

08/21/2018 Half Anniversary Campaign part 2:
-Free ten roll once a day (running for 11 days)
-Special Half Anniversary banner with 3* (5* equivalent ) summon rate doubled and a new limited character
-Rewards/Drops from Campaign Quests tripled

I don't expect a daily free ten roll in Dragalia but it would sure be very nice if they do it.

Also it's weird that they didn't talk about chapter 8 in the what's ahead, it's been some time already.

Last edited:

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
3* prints? Funnily enough, Garuda's Feathers might be worth keeping now when it was previously considered one of the worst prints in the game. Buff time is really rare so Bellathona might be worth keeping as a novelty. Really though, the 3* prints are beyond salvation because the abilities and stat boosts just aren't significant enough. It really serves to make 4-5* prints more attractive.

The 4* prints worth keeping now are:

Armourer's Aspirations
Fresh Perspective
The Warrioresses
Sisters of the Anvil
Lunar Festivities

And any print with 25% or more ailment resist. Most of the ones I named were already good though and just get better when paired with another print.

I can't stress it enough though, KEEP ARMOURER'S ASPIRATIONS.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it. Why does this print matter?

Fresh Perspective is the best 4 star print, imo. It even had a facility usage during its event. For Botan Luck of the Draw is awesome too.

I'm guessing Wiseblade is considering it as a budget second print option for High Dragon Trials. It comes with 20% defense bonus at full HP when MUB which goes a long way to hitting that initial HP check threshold.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get it. Why does this print matter?

Fresh Perspective is the best 4 star print, imo. It even had a facility usage during its event. For Botan Luck of the Draw is awesome too.
It significantly lowers the health requirement to participate in high dragon trials.
I'm guessing Wiseblade is considering it as a budget second print option for High Dragon Trials. It comes with 20% defense bonus at full HP when MUB which goes a long way to hitting that initial HP check threshold.
Now we're talking.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
3* prints? Funnily enough, Garuda's Feathers might be worth keeping now when it was previously considered one of the worst prints in the game. Buff time is really rare so Bellathona might be worth keeping as a novelty. Really though, the 3* prints are beyond salvation because the abilities and stat boosts just aren't significant enough. It really serves to make 4-5* prints more attractive.

The 4* prints worth keeping now are:

Armourer's Aspirations
Fresh Perspective
The Warrioresses
Sisters of the Anvil
Lunar Festivities

And any print with 25% or more ailment resist. Most of the ones I named were already good though and just get better when paired with another print.

I can't stress it enough though, KEEP ARMOURER'S ASPIRATIONS.

Don't forget Together We Stand; obviously that doesn't help for high dragons, but it's a notable 4* elsewhere.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I also have that, hah. It feels like something where, even with 2 prints, it'd be hard to justify? Like even if the combined skill damage ability cap is low (and it can't be less than 35%), you'd probably still want a generic strength or crit buff over that, right?

meanwhile I ended up with 3UB Destiny's Hand from the same banner, when if that was the MUB one it might actually get some use...

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Wyrmprints, what's the consensus on the MUB Entwined Flames?

I get the feeling it's going to come in handy one day, especially with dual wyrmprints

Well let's just say when ur geared enough, turning into a dragon is a DPS loss for alot of dragons (Levi being the big exception).

I would definitely keep it though in case they change it in the future.

Ginosaurio

Oct 27, 2017
Santiago, Chile
I'm just starting to learn how to play High Brunhilda and I have a question... What the hell means when a player says "Take Defense" or "I'm taking Defense" before the match starts? It's a new way of communicating for me since I didn't see it on HMS.

Also, be damned the players who start spaming "Good Job!" after someone doing a mistake. Seriously is like High Brunhilda is full of children/manchildren. The sad part is that they're supposed to be the most dedicated players around DL.

Last edited:

bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just starting to learn how to play High Brunhilda and I have a question... What the hell means when a player says "Take Defense" or "I'm taking Defense" before the match starts? It's a new way of communicating for me since I didn't see it on HMS.

Also, be damned the players who start spaming "Good Job!" after someone doing a mistake. Seriously is like High Brunhilda is full of children/manchildren. The sad part is that they're supposed to be the most dedicated players around DL.
This is the first time I've heard of people using those emotes, and I've been doing HBH for a few weeks, now. If you're running with a fixed group, might have to ask them what they mean. If you're running with pubs, then that's going to be a rough time now and forever. Please join the discord for a better experience running this, I implore you.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017

The "I'm taking defence!" stickers usually mean that they are committing to Baiting in HMS runs, in HBH they're probably committing to baiting those dives she apparently does.

Ginosaurio

Oct 27, 2017
Santiago, Chile
Thanks for the replies! I just have experience doing High Dragon Trials on public rooms so no way I could ask them about the meaning. Now I understand why the Thaniels were using that sticker usually, probably to tell us that they would bait the dives that HBH does. Anyway I'm going to check the Discord on the OT!

Nathan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
France
They're obviously not ideal for optimal builds, but there's something to be said about having the most flexibility.
Agreed with Nfox on 30/30s - they're the best *single* option to have in every element if you had to pick one. Even if you needed a little bit more of a DPS or HP push, that's where 4*s and the (THANK GOD) plentiful Moonstone options come in now.
Can't disagree with that ! I'm glad to have HMS for auto IO for example.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
I feel a bit worried that the new filter room options will reduce sensibly the opportunities to learn HMS for new players, when veterans will opt to create their high-requirements rooms, newbies will be alone with themselves. Unfortunately my Vanessa is not ready yet and I feel like I missed my opportunity. Maybe the pro and cons balances out though, with the new practice version of the challenge taken into account.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I feel a bit worried that the new filter room options will reduce sensibly the opportunities to learn HMS for new players, when veterans will opt to create their high-requirements rooms, newbies will be alone with themselves. Unfortunately my Vanessa is not ready yet and I feel like I missed my opportunity. Maybe the pro and cons balances out though, with the new practice version of the challenge taken into account.

That's why there will be a HMS prelude though. For practice.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
I get that, I just hope this prelude will be almost the same as the regular, just without the (or lower) HP check.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

A veteran opting to create high Might requirements is increasing their queue time fairly significantly, ESPECIALLY since if they go for >5K Might, they're potentially not going to get a healer for a long while. You don't hit 5K Might for Verica/V! Hildegard unless you're either nearly maxed out with a full mana circle and all dojo's maxed which is completely unnecessary (most players don't do that in order to focus on a DPS that DOES need that investment), or using a 5T3 which is strictly worse than using a 4T3 and arguably even the void staff now.

It's also not stopping veterans from joining a new player's room, it's mostly just stopping new players from otherwise getting "nope"'d out of a room hosted by elitists. If they implement it where your max possible Might requirement is the current character you're using to host, then experienced players hosting as Verica/V! Hilde (which is very likely with the amount of HMS-ready healers) won't have high Might restrictions either. As a healer host, you're also not going to have the situation of multiple healers joining your room, and healer joiners aren't going to have to leave multiple rooms in a row with a healer host, where the system is just wasting everyone's time. On top of that, the system also stops hosts getting trolls who queue with a non-leveled off element character that hold the other 3 players hostage by never leaving, which is a legitimate issue if you mostly play during NA peak/JPN off times.

I think being cautious is fine, but on paper this system seems to do more good than harm.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm just gonna use it if I'm playing Verica to lock out other healers, with like >4k might to not let in anyone who's actually underprepared.

If it limits it to your own might, you can't lock out viable DPS as a healer, and if you go too high as DPS you'll lock out a healer anyway. So in this case, the weird way might's calculated sorta works out nicely?

I get that, I just hope this prelude will be almost the same as the regular, just without the (or lower) HP check.

It's not. Data's in the game already.

Looks like he has 57% HP and 45% strength.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
It's not. Data's in the game already.

Looks like he has 57% HP and 45% strength.
That's a shame. I think that, at least in my case, my Van is already too big for that and the sheer power will obstacle me in learning the actual fight. It will be useful for learning the patterns, but without really knowing how to approach them in the regular HMS.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
That's a shame, I think that, at least in my case, my Van is already too big for that and the sheer power will obstacle me in learning the actual fight. It will be useful for learning the patterns, but without really knowing how to approach them in the regular HMS.

I think it could still be useful for learning to bait as Van. It's not like the patterns are very complex; assuming it's the same overall pattern as the regular fight you'll probably just miss the later portions of the fight due to it ending sooner. And you could always like... not attack, or try to solo, to see the later parts I guess.

For the most part you'll still approach things the same way between both versions - "don't get hit". I think the specific thing you'd miss learning would probably be strategies for the later tattereds, since with lower damage it's not gonna require those/become clear when they were needed.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
You're right, more options are always a good thing in the end. I don't know how many years have passed since the last time I took a game so seriously lol.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
I'm not absolutely sure if this calls for worry but the Dragalia JP twitter has been losing followers at a rapid rate. Hopefully this is just them either removing bots through some method, English users unfollowing since there's dedicated English accounts, or if they're just losing a userbase

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not absolutely sure if this calls for worry but the Dragalia JP twitter has been losing followers at a rapid rate. Hopefully this is just them either removing bots through some method, English users unfollowing since there's dedicated English accounts, or if they're just losing a userbase

This... doesn't look like a significant amount of lost followers?

They have over 100k followers and they've only lost <4k in the past month, and it looks like they've more or less lost increasingly less per month over the past few months? I don't think that's worth caring about just yet.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm not sure if that's a rapid pace, but here's my take on why there's a downward trend. The decline itself seems to have started back in mid-December, which I believe is as a result of the text error that showed incorrect rates for summoning for the Dragonyule Banner (it was displaying lower values than the actual ones). People in the West didn't mind so much, but in Japan people were absolutely outraged over it.

Then, you have the CyberAgent CEO scapegoating Dragalia Lost in January by saying Dragalia Lost was the sole reason they were forced to lower their financial forecasts, when in reality he was trying to cover up how much of a failure the AbemaTV investment was. You even have them continuing that narrative recently with a CyberAgent employee explaining that the forecast lowered because Nintendo didn't allow them to have more predatory micro transactions in Dragalia, despite the fact those decisions were made before the initial financial forecast. In terms of PR, a parent company brazenly calling a game from one of their subsidiaries a failure doesn't really inspire confidence.

On the English side, you also had someone a month ago claim the game would potentially be shut down by now (4-8 weeks after their tweets), whom relied on incorrect data literally from a random 2ch post that was proven false with the SensorTower revenue update released soon after. It's not like they went back on their statements, of course, so there's now the perception the game's doing a lot worse than it actually is by casual observers who don't know much about Dragalia/the situation.

So really, I feel like there's pretty good reasons why the twitter is somewhat stagnant to slightly declining, but it isn't because of anything done by Dragalia itself in 2019 at least. And I don't think it's a good measure of how well Dragalia as a whole is doing either way, considering Nintendo just localized the game to new countries and have explicitly stated they're happy with Dragalia's performance while the dev team are still pumping out major updates and revving up for the half anniversary.

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I'm not sure if that's a rapid pace, but here's my take on why there's a downward trend. The decline itself seems to have started back in mid-December, which I believe is as a result of the text error that showed incorrect rates for summoning for the Dragonyule Banner (it was displaying lower values than the actual ones). People in the West didn't mind so much, but in Japan people were absolutely outraged over it.

Then, you have the CyberAgent CEO scapegoating Dragalia Lost in January by saying Dragalia Lost was the sole reason they were forced to lower their financial forecasts, when in reality he was trying to cover up how much of a failure the AbemaTV investment was. You even have them continuing that narrative recently with a CyberAgent employee explaining that the forecast lowered because Nintendo didn't allow them to have more predatory micro transactions in Dragalia, despite the fact those decisions were made before the initial financial forecast. In terms of PR, a parent company brazenly calling a game from one of their subsidiaries a failure doesn't really inspire confidence.

On the English side, you also had someone a month ago claim the game would potentially be shut down by now (4-8 weeks after their tweets), whom relied on incorrect data literally from a random 2ch post that was proven false with the SensorTower revenue update released soon after. It's not like they went back on their statements, of course, so there's now the perception the game's doing a lot worse than it actually is by casual observers who don't know much about Dragalia/the situation.

So really, I feel like there's pretty good reasons why the twitter is somewhat stagnant to slightly declining, but it isn't because of anything done by Dragalia itself in 2019 at least. And I don't think it's a good measure of how well Dragalia as a whole is doing either way, considering Nintendo just localized the game to new countries and have explicitly stated they're happy with Dragalia's performance while the dev team are still pumping out major updates and revving up for the half anniversary.

Well said, as always. Nothing too dire to worry about just yet. And Nintendo is of course backing this game, which means they could always pull the ultimate trump card if things get desperate:
DRAGALIA LOST X FIRE EMBLEM CROSSOVER BOIS LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
Thats reassuring, its just I was noticing the decline in followers and while it wasn't much now I wanted to catch on to it before it became an issue

user__

Oct 25, 2017
Such a good lad.

lol, randomly searching the name I discovered Pele and Poli'ahu is a traditional Hawaiian tale. That's a cute bit. So it's clear now that the resemblance is due to more than a simple reuse of the base model.

Last edited:

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Finally saved up enough to maximum unbind the Aureole Apogee (5 star light sword made from Zephyr materials) and goddammit the sword's abilities don't improve?!? Feels like a waste now. With that said I don't have enough sands for Zex's end anyhow.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, unbinding those feels mostly just getting the stats closer to the V5.3 up to regular 4.3.4/5.3.0-ish levels.

I finally had a second zephyr rune drop just now, in any case, so now I have Vixel's staff at V5.3.0, which is nice. It's officially better than the Halloween staff or the spare MUB Beauty's Balm I made now, so there's that. That extra skill prep boost may help on dark IO, is my hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.