• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Although we have just had a Dark banner I'm still thinking the gala character will be Dark/Sword Emile

Though I'd be totally down for a Wind or Water character since its very unlikely we will get fire due to the existence of Gala Sarisse and we have just had a light and dark event back to back.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Do people actually want Emile?

I feel like after 2 husbando banners they'll probably go for a waifu banner.
His japanese voice actor is really good at selling the crazy so his voice lines will be great. Hes not really husbando tier though.

You are probably right about it being a Waifu banner though

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I am curious how they are going to handle villains as units. Probably just giving them villain stories rather than adventurer stories that delve into the characters motivations and history while making it clear that they haven't become a good guy and expecting us to have a bit of suspension of disbelief

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I think you can make villains units that can sell. FGO does it. You just gotta make them good characters and not, well, Emile. I

Though I guess its set up makes it easier because heroic spirits kinda reset once they return to the throne.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I would say Mym is the next Gala character but that would make two fire characters in a row with Sarisse.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'd only want Emile as a joke character, like if they make his animations/skills really goofy, I guess? I really don't think we're getting villains aaaaanytime soon. We'd really need to be further in the story first. Which, we also kinda need to be further in the story in general. Hoping this big April update includes a chapter or two, though I'm guessing it's at least chapter + high dragon like December if it's the "biggest update".

also whoops I didn't realize maintenance was a thing and was still draining energy before bed then... only lost an hour or two of wings, at least, and if we'd just cleared the IO I was running a bit faster I'd have been fine; I just should have been better about keeping it low during the day to begin with, as I've actually been much better about it lately

Why do you have 13 mirrors, don't you read the castle stories you evil person? D:

See, I'm really bad about reading adventurer stories, and I want to read those before the castle stories with those characters when possible. So uh... I just haven't gotten around to that. For a while. Like for a long time the last story I read was Orsem's... which I read when he first came out...

I did this for Valentine's, actually. I don't have V. Hilde (and didn't have Prom till after) but for the others I read (or finished) their original story + their V. alt's story for Orion/Ezelith + their event story in sequence, which was a nice experience. So I really should start chipping away at more stories, especially since I'd forgotten till then just how quick they all were to get through.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
Do you mean the coins, not insignias? Cause uh...

MEbey05.jpg

same
Yes lol I do, but I would love to have that many insignias too...

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yes lol I do, but I would love to have that many insignias too...

I mean, the reason I have so many is...
1. Dismantling with bricks several times meant I gained a lot fast (though I believe I've now used most of those up).
2. That I've now been locked by these silver coins for like 2 weeks, so to build up more I've started on farming what I need to be ready for both my short term dojo goals and more importantly to to be ready for any future high dragon (though clearly only Mercury's close to done so far and the others will take a lot more time) as that will use insignias without coins, with no way to use most of the insignias gained during that time. I've bought most of the basic dragon prints I need but otherwise it's just a dojo each time I hit the 40 (now 50) coins I need. And since during this facility event it's been hard to do extra, with the dailies being silver or gold coins and 1 or 2 silver coins dropping normally, that can be as low as 3 or as high as 21 silver coins per day, while always getting 60+ insignias.
3. I have no intent to do High Brun and HMS is covered, which means jade and vermillion are largely unrestricted (I just need to keep the 200 jade royals for a weapon against Mercury and I was already close when I started), and so are what I'm stockpiling for those dojo goals (for wand and sword). And along those lines I could immediately trade a lot of my royals gained from farming down for those types. Similarly I only need the 200 royal azures for the print as I did not need to make a weapon for High Brun, so I can trade beyond that down for the 500 print insignias (which is what I'm finishing up currently).
4. I've only ever made 1 5.3 weapon (so that's only 200 royal vermillion, and I had more than that when I did it) and not a ridiculous amount of 4.3s.

though all my dojos are 20/20 at worst; staff is 22/22, wand and sword are 23/23 and will be slowly increasing as I get these fricking coins...

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
If they limit Gala to adventurers related to story mode (like in Granblue) and who have a reason to be in the Halidom the list is quite small:
-Gala version of Euden/Ranzal/Elisanne/Cleo/Luca
-Ranzal's father

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
If they limit Gala to adventurers related to story mode (like in Granblue) and who have a reason to be in the Halidom the list is quite small:
-Ranzal's father
I've been thinking that they might release Gala versions of the free raid characters (Celliera, Melsa, Elias, Botan, Su Fang, Felicia)
Also wouldn't be surprising if previous limited time units came back for Galas

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Why dismantle anything?
With getting so much 4* weapon Steel Bricks easily now, you can dismantle a full unbound 4.3.4 weapon and get lots of insignia. Dismantling 5.3.4 weapons (from using Damascus Ingot to max unbind) can return a ton of Twinkling Sands, and you can make more 5.3.0 weapons or just make something different.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why I expected the gala to fall on the reset tomorrow night. I'm guessing it won't happen until the actual six month anniversary, which should be the 27th. I'm guessing we'll get an adventureror dragon Platinum Showcase to fill the gap in-between. I'll be happy to be wrong, though.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Platinum Showcase doesn't replace the regular showcase.

Since we didn't get a teaser of a new event today the next showcase should be either a Dragon Special or Gala.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Platinum Showcase doesn't replace the regular showcase.

Since we didn't get a teaser of a new event today the next showcase should be either a Dragon Special or Gala.
Damn, I forgot about that. I can't see us getting another dragon showcase since we had one a few weeks ago. Hmm...maybe it is Gala after all, which makes me curious as to what they have planned for the actual six month anniversary, unless the Gala is it...

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, I forgot about that. I can't see us getting another dragon showcase since we had one a few weeks ago. Hmm...maybe it is Gala after all, which makes me curious as to what they have planned for the actual six month anniversary, unless the Gala is it...
Maybe the Gala next and a surprise premium half-anniversary banner with exclusive units straight after when everyone has used their resources

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Now this is a scary (and plausible) thought.
Yeah i didn't even consider it but now it seems pretty likely. They had the new years banner and the first gala back to back so it's not like there isn't precedence.

Chances are we are gonna get a ton of free summons though so it might not be too bad

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i didn't even consider it but now it seems pretty likely. They had the new years banner and the first gala back to back so it's not like there isn't precedence.

Chances are we are gonna get a ton of free summons though so it might not be too bad
I'll need to budget my pulls. Honestly, if the new Gala character isn't great I might opt to skip the Gala completely, as I have a strong 5* in pretty much all of the elements already (H.Elisanne/Julietta/Lucretia for light, Curran for dark, Xainfried for water, Lin You (and Hawk...I guess...) for wind, and Ezelith for fire. I have STR dragons for all of them too (at least the one I run as leader), so I'm covered there as well. I could probably afford to be picky about my summons, especially if the anniversary banner has someone truly exclusive (maybe they'll even do a step up for him/her).

There's a lot to consider, that's for sure. I'll probably do my daily pulls on the Gala until I see what they have planned for the anniversary itself, assuming they release that information before the gala banner ends.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we should get one tonight at reset, with a video preview likely to follow.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, since you're new the gala for you will be great. So much potential characters/dragons to pull from. I hope the RNGoddess is in your favor.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen enough gala summoning videos in preparation so I know not to get my hopes up too much lol.

I'll be happy if my water team can be better. It's... Dire.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
If this banner is any indication, the Gala banner may have a 2nd featured Gala adventurer who lowers the Wyrmprint chance. This banner took 0.5% off the Wyrmprint chance for the 2nd 5* adventurer for 1.5% adventurers (0.5% off-focus, 0.5% Curran, 0.5% Heinwald), 1% dragons (0.5% Nya-chan, 0.5% off-focus), 1.5% Wyrmprint (0.5% Fleeting Girl, 1% off-focus) vs the usual 1%/1%/2% split, so the Gala might be something like 2% adventurers (0.5% Sarisse, 0.5% new Gala, 1% off-focus), 1.5% dragon, 2.5% Wyrmprint vs last times 1.5%/1.5%/3% split. That's just speculation though.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
-Ranzal's father
I dunno, I think there are a few more plausible candidates. For example, a playable King Aurelius, who is Zodiark taking on human form infused with Aurelius's memories, joining as a dark swordsman. That would be perfectly plausible with the story so far.

Maybe the royal knight Leif, as well. Even in a "I can only help on rare occasions, but I'll help you when I can" kind of story.

The possibility of Gala dragons is also there. I could see them doing something like adding Sylvia's humanoid form from Knights of Glory.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
if it's people who have to be at the halidom it could be

-Ranzal, Luca (Cleo and Elisanne already have alternate forms, probably too soon for a third one) I feel Ranzal's dad could be part of the plot in the future
-the blacksmith girl
-Mym (maybe she is forced to have Brunhilda attached)

I feel Leif would also need some plot attached for it to make sense
Appolonia maybe? I think there are a couple of people who only appear in the wyrmprints, tho they may be crossovers I am missing

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Sierokarte still isn't playable in Granblue and she's pretty much a main character, so I really doubt blacksmith lady and shopkeeper lady are options.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoy how the plot revolves around the royal family who are THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN FORM A PACT AND TRANSFORM INTO A DRAGON yet if some guy who is into ice skating wanders into the Halidom, he is promptly recruited into the army and can form a pact and transform into a dragon too

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy how the plot revolves around the royal family who are THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN FORM A PACT AND TRANSFORM INTO A DRAGON yet if some guy who is into ice skating wanders into the Halidom, he is promptly recruited into the army and can form a pact and transform into a dragon too
It's been a while, but I believe Elisanne mentioned this in the story. Something about if you have a bond with Eudan then you also gain the power to shift into dragons. My memory might be a little fuzzy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.