• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. I guess they really are saving the gala for the actual anniversary then. I'd love Lily but she's not limited, so I'm still saving for the gala. It looks like we'll have a dead week with no event, time to grind the dailies and finish off my hard mode story missions, I guess.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
On the bright side, finally some downtime so I can grind out Void Battles on my alt. Haven't had any time to with work and events (and Brown Dust).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So should I still save for gala?

I really do need water units and dragons
If you REALLY need water adventurers/dragons, it might not be a bad idea. Xander and Lily are both great (Lily more than Xander though), and Poseidon is an okay water summon. It's too bad Leviathan wasn't featured instead, as he the 40%+ STR dragon.

Personally, I'd advise waiting another week for the gala. Rates will be doubled and there's a chance the gala character will be water-based so you can aim for them while making all of your other pulls. It's hard to know what Cygames has planned for the half year anniversary, so it'd be best to go into it with as much resources as you can muster. It's only an extra week to wait, shouldn't be too bad.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
If you REALLY need water adventurers/dragons, it might not be a bad idea. Xander and Lily are both great (Lily more than Xander though), and Poseidon is an okay water summon. It's too bad Leviathan wasn't featured instead, as he the 40%+ STR dragon.

Personally, I'd advise waiting another week for the gala. Rates will be doubled and there's a chance the gala character will be water-based so you can aim for them while making all of your other pulls. It's hard to know what Cygames has planned for the half year anniversary, so it'd be best to go into it with as much resources as you can muster. It's only an extra week to wait, shouldn't be too bad.

This is my water collection to give you an example.

8KR9vnb.jpg

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This is my water collection to give you an example.
Hey, at least you have Poli as a dragon! Elisanne is an okay character too, when you promote her. Not the best, but she's usable.

This does feel a bit like bait though, since the half anniversary is close with actual limited characters. While Xander/Lily/Poseidon are all great, they're also in the common pool and I'm sure will be ticketable, assuming Cygames does as many expect and releases those for purchase later on (maybe for the half year anniversary, but probably a better chance for the first year anniversary). The rates for getting Xander/Lily are better than the usual (similar to how Heinwald and Curran was), but it's still not as high as what the gala will offer. However, for the gala the rates for everything will be increased which won't necessarily be a bad thing with the coming wyrmprint change, especially if you're new. There were people pulling triple rainbows in multi-pulls last gala.

If you could land Xander/Lily it would definitely help you out, but it's a gamble. If you strike out you might not get anything to show for it, where if you pull on the gala and fail to pull anything water-related, you'll probably get a handful of other useful stuff as compensation. It's up to you, though.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I'll throw in 2 multi rolls. By that I mean that I'll throw in 2 rolls, get frustrated at getting nothing, and blow the rest of my wyrmite.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'll throw in 2 multi rolls. By that I mean that I'll throw in 2 rolls, get frustrated at getting nothing, and blow the rest of my wyrmite.

If you do daily deals, might be best to just daily deal until the final day, then use tickets to get the pity rate up before throwing however many multi-pulls is your limit/getting a 5*, so you have the best chances. It will also let you know what the next banner is before committing too much, like if it turns out the next Gala features a Water adventurer.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
If you do daily deals, might be best to just daily deal until the final day, then use tickets to get the pity rate up before throwing however many multi-pulls is your limit/getting a 5*, so you have the best chances. It will also let you know what the next banner is before committing too much, like if it turns out the next Gala features a Water adventurer.

Ugggggh Dragalia sure is good at Blue balling me lol. I just want to pull but it's good advice here.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh boy another week of waiting? :(
Guess I'll focus on void battles then

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
Ugggggh Dragalia sure is good at Blue balling me lol. I just want to pull but it's good advice here.
just think about this. you are not really bad with your team (at least you have dragons and adventurers for a full team) and you can work with them for the time as there is no fire event near by. for now just focus on the void battles. while improving your teams little by little.
(by the way, please, unbind those 3* dragons XD they are more useful than it seems if you improve those skill specially for you right know as you dont have alternatives)

for your team... Thaniel is VITAL for High brunhilda so you are set if you focus on him. and probably luther will be the way to go against the new void fire boss (i dont think they will make another with burn) and also he is great to tackle Fire IO in coop (and thaniel could help you to do brunhilda in coop)

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah true. I did spend quite awhile building up elisane and her spore spear so I want to get more mileage out of the effort I spent lol.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
uugggghhh I need Poseidon for my lily for HBH since I went with her 5* elemental not knowing it locks her into needing Poseidon. But I just want to keep saving, I have a good feeling about the banner after this....

Also is this the first time since launch that a banner hasn't featured a new unit?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
uugggghhh I need Poseidon for my lily for HBH since I went with her 5* elemental not knowing it locks her into needing Poseidon. But I just want to keep saving, I have a good feeling about the banner after this....

Also is this the first time since launch that a banner hasn't featured a new unit?

Dragon banners and the platinum showcase didn't feature anything new, though this is the first time it's literally just been a rerun normal banner without anything particularly special to it, outside the fact that it has 2 featured 5* adventurer which only this dark banner has had before. They may be testing the waters to see how good double 5* adventurer banners would be going forward, both financially and reception-wise.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I think double adventurer banners (perhaps 1 new and 1 old) makes more financial sense. You require dupes of Wyrmprints but not adventurers.

Dragons and Wyrmprints should have the same summon chance, with 2 boosted adventurers.

There are already a ton of Wyrmprints in the pool since we usually get two per banner, and this way Wyrmprints would be a desired thing and not so much of a let down when you pull one

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
I saw again some of the story bits to see if I could catch Elisanne plotsplain to me

man, I had forgotten that Elisanne just joins because you find her fighting an assassin. And that she explicitly says that she prefers not to tell Zethia what was that about

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Having Lily/Posiden/Leviathan means this is an easy skip banner. Anni is just around the corner!

Xequalsy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this banner is easy to skip for me, already have Xander/Lily and 0UB Posiden. The only reason I'd pull would be for unbinds, but I think I'm probably better off saving for Gala and hoping to pull a Levi.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Double Wyrmprint coming at the end of the month should solve the Lily 5.3 + Levy problem.

I really hope we are getting half-stamina IO tomorrow, it's been two months already. And some limited endeavors for the new Void Battles.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
So why isn't there any more info about the Void battles dropping tomorrow? I would have expected something more than the teaser from What's Ahead for Dragalia, Part 3 if we were getting 3 new battles (and presumably, more weapons) tomorrow. Any idea what could be holding up the info? I think the login bonus begins tomorrow as well, and there's still no info about what that will involve either.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
Half stamina IO would be awesome. I really need to farm some materials. I don't mind having a week to try the new void battles and catch up on IO.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
for the rule of thumb 3* weapons are not useful middle term, or at least is not worth it to focus on them. If you manage to get some easyly by drops, events etc, they are super useful but usually you will be able to make 4.2 weapons by the time you can produce 3.3 and they are more flexible and reliable.
(and of course you wont be making full unbind versions of those)

now that we have void weapons i would try to focus there as the middle point going to classic 4* as some of them are useful for void battles instead of pursuing classic 3*elementals (is was at least not worth it earlier on, but nowadays we get many more resources and maybe they are not as bothersome to make)

only focus on a 3* elemental if you have the resources and you feel that it will give you some punch for a especific moment, like you are in an event that could use a fast power up of having a 3* elemental for example but usually is not worth it

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Yeah I wouldn't bother with 3* at all, knowing what I know now. The quick boost in power may be tempting but 4* weapons will be much more useful in the long run. With tier 2 weapons giving anyone who can equip them a skill, and then the eventual upgrade to tier 3 elemental weapon that will give on-element wielders a massive boost. Plus some 4* elementals are actually preferred to their 5* counterparts due to choice of skill.

EDIT: Oops, your last post popped up while I was still typing this. The nice thing about the void weapons, like that spear, is that they don't really hog up many resources that you'd need for non-void weapons. You should be able to upgrade both to your heart's content without a lot of struggling for materials, I think.

EDIT 2: Also, it seems that you're like me and somewhat desperate to get stronger quick. If you can help it, I would try to resist that urge and try to think more long term. Do a little bit of upgrading, sure, but no need to fully outfit your group with the best you can manage, when in a short while you will have better things available that you'll wish you had the money and materials for. Just my opinion, though.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Even 4.2.4 isn't really necessary for everything. I spent a long time with 4.2.2s and 4.2.0s even on most people, eventually making a couple 5.2.0s, while doing 4.3.0s for event leaders. Then when the last half off IO happened and I needed to improve farming, I upgraded everything to 5.2.0 (well, even then a couple were 5.1.4 till I picked an upgrade path).

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Makes it even more obvious that Ieyasu (and the other wyrmclan leaders) got a really rough deal of it with the soulbond thing they have going. They literally give up most of their lifespan for the ability to transform into Dragons when all they had to do was join Euden's harem to do it with no drawbacks 🤔

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Makes it even more obvious that Ieyasu (and the other wyrmclan leaders) got a really rough deal of it with the soulbond thing they have going. They literally give up most of their lifespan for the ability to transform into Dragons when all they had to do was join Euden's harem to do it with no drawbacks 🤔
Heh, what a twist it would be if it turns out the same drawbacks applied, but noone knew about them!

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the banner... I have both 5*s adventurers. And though Poseidon wouldn't be bad to have, as always I have no plan to run High Brun and so have no immediate need for him, and High Mercury would eventually do the same thing anyway, and I already have Levi + D. Jeanne.

And I'd probably do dailies at least, but... well, my dia ran out today. And I might wait before buying more to see if they do special anniversary packs like at New Years, so not even then. Depends on what else is rated up, maybe, but I'm solid on the 4* dragons as well (MUB+1 Vody, and I think 3UB Poli).

Only really appealing thing would be rated up Karina, I guess, since I don't have her. In that case maybe I'll get one of the endeavor packs or something.

...meanwhile I have 29k wyrmite and 62 single tickets. So if I'm not pulling during this anniversary login campaign... I wonder how much I'll have by the Gala.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh dunno if I want to summon for this banner? Chances are I will just get another xander.

Maybe will just draw once more for this event.

Almyn

Oct 26, 2017
N-Ireland
My water team is pretty lacklustre. I only really have Xander and Elisanne plus a couple of 3 star units. I'm missing a mage/staff character. I'm tempted by this purely for Lily but I know I'll get nothing, Or Xander again.

Status
Not open for further replies.