• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I should have checked reddit before grabbing the HMC print right when I woke up since apparently it isn't needed, but whatever.

Interesting to see that HMC's HP is so damn high. That combined with being able to bring two prints makes me wonder if I should maybe spend my sunstones on Long Long since once the print shop opens up I can grab Kung Fu Masters to pair with him and Lin You. But using Zephyr instead would save me one stone and be more generally useful.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
i feel like i wasted so much eldwater upgrading the defense coabilities of Lin You... HMC basically OHKO you or the damage is nelligible... i should have invested on maribelle i think. i will keep trying with Lin You of course, but running only with MUB Roc doesnt seem to be optimal as we need as much DPS as we can get in this fight

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe I should have checked reddit before grabbing the HMC print right when I woke up since apparently it isn't needed, but whatever.

Interesting to see that HMC's HP is so damn high. That combined with being able to bring two prints makes me wonder if I should maybe spend my sunstones on Long Long since once the print shop opens up I can grab Kung Fu Masters to pair with him and Lin You. But using Zephyr instead would save me one stone and be more generally useful.

At best Long Long can be as good as Zephyr and that's with stacking crit to the max which only Lin You can do. I'd say go with the big bird.

I bought the print as well and its pretty overkill for Lin You. If you want a safety net with a ranged character its good because otherwise you'll get 1HKO'd by almost everything HMC does. Overall I'd say doing anything specifically for the High Mercury fight isn't worth it unless its going to get you to the absolute maximum power level possible. The guys who beat the fight had literally everything maxed out (dojos+fafnirs) and had 16s to spare.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Liquid.png

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
I can't resist pulling since i still miss wind SSR character till now.

First multipull, got 5* Wyrmprint (why am i so stupid and even bother with this).

Second multipull, none.

Third multipull, wow rainbow axe and lance. The axe turns out to be dupe Curran (wish it was Lin You but oh well), and the lance is Sylas (thanks god not 4th Xainfried). So, quite happy with it.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I did 7 10 pulls and 20 singles.
No Sylas.

The last 2 banners gave me such good luck, I thought I broke my years of awfulness.
Guess I can expect to get no 5 stars in the Fire Emblem Heroes banner.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did a daily in the wee early hours and pulled him, daily always proving itself to be the best draw.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Actually managed to get up somewhat early instead of just staying up, go me.

Tried a few runs of Mercury to see the fight before doing chapter 8. It seems like, as Lowen, I miiiight be fine with having gotten the print, and v5.3.4 + DPS print miiiiight be good enough since I'll effectively be near 2k strength still. DPS is recommended to be 2.6k, apparently, but that could change as people learn more.

The story... I just managed to finish it but I have work now, so I'll say more in an hour or two. But I'll say I was not the biggest fan of it. I made the mistake of being spoiled a tiny bit by looking here first, which left me wondering how they'd do that, and the answer is... not very well.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I nope'd out of this thread until I finished the new chapter. I forgot the story was dropping today with the banner.

No Sylas with my 10x Single Pulls / 2x 10 Pulls but I did get Maribelle and Lowen which my Wind team desperately needed. Now I'm just lacking a 5* Wind Dragon and 5* Fire Adventurer.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Started playing this again for a little bit, quesiton about the UI
Is there a way to either change the position of characters in my party without loosing everything equipped to them, or a way to assign which slot in the party is the leader? I don't want to have to write down "Ok, this is the weapon, dragon and Wyrmprints assigned to this character, let me switch their slot and re-equip everything".

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to either change the position of characters in my party without loosing everything equipped to them, or a way to assign which slot in the party is the leader? I don't want to have to write down "Ok, this is the weapon, dragon and Wyrmprints assigned to this character, let me switch their slot and re-equip everything".
Click on a character and click on the character you want to swap with in the lineup.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017

If they're in the same party, you just need to select one person and then another for them to switch places, equipment in place and all.

If you want them going between parties you'll need remember sadly.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
After firing a blank trying to get Laranoa with five ten pulls and probably 20+ singles (got two copies of Forest Bonds) I decided I was not going to farm all the f2p wyrmite I could and just spend what I have for Sylas.... if I get him good if not whatever... only had enough for 6 single pulls....

Got him 5th pull and another copy of The Fleeting Girl right after.

Think I'll run.... Gala Ranzal, Sylas, Lowen & Eleonora for my wind team... but my dragons suck for wind.

Decided not to bite on the Dream Summon even though it's good value, especially if I use the welcome pack.

I'll like to stay F2P in one game like I was suppose to in FGO and E7 (lol)

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Going by this chapter next Gala should be either Elisanne or Alex (Shannon is a better name imo). I'm already looking forward to Patia though.

As expected DPS is the real issue with HMC. Initial HP check is so low that even ranged units don't really need the print. And of course MUB HMS is unusable for the fight.

Last edited:

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Didn't get Sylas, but in 5 ten pulls I got two 5* wyrmprints, a dupe Jeanna, a dupe Jullietta, and a Lin You who was new and I was pumped about. Saving the rest of my Wyrmite for next week since I had such a good spree.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
HMC can be done without the print? Nice! I got Lowen his staff from Zypher and I have been leveling up facilities like crazy.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, story thoughts.

So... listen. I love goofy power of friendship stuff. Eat it right up. Villain joining the heroes because friendship is totally acceptable. Writing doesn't have to be stellar. So maybe I'm just too sleepy and my mood's off. Maybe I'm just frustrated with all the resources I wasted on Mercury prep. Dunno.

But here... like. Did I miss something?

Alex is literally an assassin. She was casually murdering innocent people, seemingly a significant number of them. Obviously a certain evil prince was behind it, and his forces participated too, but like... she did do some of that, without issue; maybe it wasn't the outright terrorism it seemed to be when it was first presented as being her alone, but she still sure did do some murder. She wasn't brainwashed or misled about who she was killing, she wasn't doing some magic ritual or something that got stopped before it hurt anyone, she's just a regular plain old murderer that everyone is cool with now? Like... literally what are you doing. I guess I don't exactly want The Halidom Prison to be a thing, not is there any other authority you can turn her over to, but uhhh you're really all just... cool... with that...?

Rather, it's not that I think the Halidom crew are foolish or being duped or something, I'm not saying "she'll clearly betray them". It's more that I think the writing around her motivation/actions is just outright bad to begin with? You shouldn't need Euden to tell you "actually, murdering random innocents TO SUPPORT AN EVIL EMPIRE LED BY A DEMON isn't really saving kids, generally speaking". Like it's almost funny because if it was just about believing the church's integrity/stability was the most important thing to her, it would come across better? Because it could have been framed as her losing sight of why that integrity/stability was important. But since she does explicitly and actively care about their services helping people (or at least just children), for all the talk of purging she doesn't actually sound fervently religious, so it comes across as kinda nonsensical?

I think they should have at least switched the side of the church split she was on. It's still messy but "I thought I had to immediately stop these people, who were literally worshipping a demon who is actively conquering the world, from spreading this further" is much more sympathetic than "I was worried about the church not being able to take care of children, so I started stabbing everyone".

Or else had this turn later. Have her show up like this, encounter her, sorta make her conflicted. She leaves. Something happens to her offscreen like... I dunno, maybe she realizes while pursuing a target that murdering people literally fucking orphans other kids, maybe. Later she shows up as an antihero, the same getting stuck together after a blast thing happens, and so she can join after having done at least some amount of thinking and redemption.

just, some ideas, y'know

Meanwhile, I sure didn't expect Mym to be my favorite part of this but I actually enjoyed her here. I feel like they've continued to make her less annoying than she was at the start, and after thinking "ah, so it's Super Mym time" it was kinda hilarious to see them literally go with SUPER MYM. Even in Japanese, if I heard that line correctly.

Unfortunately after that part you had Alex suddenly joining (I did appreciate them joking about the solo journey of redemption thing... even if I think it actually would have been better to do it here), and... also it felt like there wasn't much resolution to the whole incident? Like the people they saved kinda just left, no real scene of getting thanks or anything, just "well, time to go home". Felt like the last scene could have been set at the Halidom instead to cover that. I also feel like Euden probanly should have also been shown getting the invitation as a tease for next chapter, instead of just throwing it in the teaser summary, but that's kinda minor.

tl;dr: bad-ish

Last edited:

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
For me the best part of the chapter is
Leif turning out to be a more interesting character than I thought. And Patia.

The rest was just usual shonen stuff.

Last edited:

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, story thoughts.

So... listen. I love goofy power of friendship stuff. Eat it right up. Villain joining the heroes because friendship is totally acceptable. Writing doesn't have to be stellar. So maybe I'm just too sleepy and my mood's off. Maybe I'm just frustrated with all the resources I wasted on Mercury prep. Dunno.

But here... like. Did I miss something?

Alex is literally an assassin. She was casually murdering innocent people, seemingly a significant number of them. Obviously a certain evil prince was behind it, and his forces participated too, but like... she did do some of that, without issue; maybe it wasn't the outright terrorism it seemed to be when it was first presented as being her alone, but she still sure did do some murder. She wasn't brainwashed or misled about who she was killing, she wasn't doing some magic ritual or something that got stopped before it hurt anyone, she's just a regular plain old murderer that everyone is cool with now? Like... literally what are you doing. I guess I don't exactly want The Halidom Prison to be a thing, not is there any other authority you can turn her over to, but uhhh you're really all just... cool... with that...?

Rather, it's not that I think the Halidom crew are foolish or being duped or something, I'm not saying "she'll clearly betray them". It's more that I think the writing around her motivation/actions is just outright bad to begin with? You shouldn't need Euden to tell you "actually, murdering random innocents TO SUPPORT AN EVIL EMPIRE LED BY A DEMON isn't really saving kids, generally speaking". Like it's almost funny because if it was just about believing the church's integrity/stability was the most important thing to her, it would come across better? Because it could have been framed as her losing sight of why that integrity/stability was important. But since she does explicitly and actively care about their services helping people (or at least just children), for all the talk of purging she doesn't actually sound fervently religious, so it comes across as kinda nonsensical?

I think they should have at least switched the side of the church split she was on. It's still messy but "I thought I had to immediately these people who were literally worshipping a demon who is actively conquering the world," is much more sympathetic than "I was worried about the church not being able to take care of children, so I started stabbing everyone".

Or else had this turn later. Have her show up like this, encounter her, sorta make her conflicted. She leaves. Something happens to her offscreen like... I dunno, maybe she realizes while pursuing a target that murdering people literally fucking orphans other kids, maybe. Later she shows up as an antihero, the same getting stuck together after a blast thing happens, and so she can join after having done at least some amount of thinking and redemption.

just, some ideas, y'know

Meanwhile, I sure didn't expect Mym to be my favorite part of this but I actually enjoyed her here. I feel like they've continued to make her less annoying than she was at the start, and after thinking "ah, so it's Super Mym time" it was kinda hilarious to see them literally go with SUPER MYM. Even in Japanese, if I heard that line correctly.

Unfortunately after that part you had Alex suddenly joining (I did appreciate them joking about the solo journey of redemption thing... even if I think it actually would have been better to do it here), and... also it felt like there wasn't much resolution to the whole incident? Like the people they saved kinda just left, no real scene of getting thanks or anything, just "well, time to go home". Felt like the last scene could have been set at the Halidom instead to cover that. I also feel like Euden probanly should have also been shown getting the invitation as a tease for next chapter, instead of just throwing it in the teaser summary, but that's kinda minor.

tl;dr: bad-ish
Pretty much on point.
Most stuff I liked in the chapter was generally stuff that didn't involve Alex.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
A bit of theory crafting on High Mercury, but it seems like having Bog immunity isn't nearly as important here as having status immunity is in the other two HDTs. The first thought is that this opens up the door for Addis who has a sizable DPS advantage over Musashi by being able to inflict both poison and bleed. But another thought occurs to me: could Melody actually be the best HMC character?

The DPS simulator already has Melody as the 2nd best wind DPS unit. She's there for the same reason why Elisanne is one of the best total DPS characters in the game: she's got a party-wide strength buff on her S1 for near-constant strength boosts to the party. Her S1 will more than make up for the loss in strength from her having a 3* coability.

Melody might actually be the top DPS for HMC since I believe the DPS calc underestimates the potency of team buffs. The readme for the calc states that team buffs are calculated as if the other team members have a total of 3500 DPS. But honestly if you're running a Lin You-Maribelle-Lowen w/ STR dragon group alongside Melody those three should easily clear that mark.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like my decision to go 5T3 weapon with Lowen has been validated. That extra strength's going to come in handy.

...Shame I'm gonna need a lot more orbs for an MUB HMS.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, as far as the church released stories go, Hindwald and Curran trying to stop people from summoning Eldritch Horrors was way better than whatever Alex had going on.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I do think the chapter was carried by Leonidas in that he clearly established himself as an antagonist but not on the same team as Zethiyati, and I did like Leif as well.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...actually there's the issue of that event being so recent too, which I hadn't really thought about.

So, we already have literal Inquisitors, which Alex probably could have joined instead of walking the path of casual stabbing.

but beyond that, it's not like Heinwald or Curran indicates that the church is in a state of complete disarray...?

though I guess that's the thing anyway, chapter 8 doesn't even make it clear what Alex's concern was with the split... like is it just that the side not worshipping a demon is gonna bring their kids up incorrectly? or is it a more practical "if the church's power fractures, they won't have the support needed to raise these orphans"? or what

EDIT:

I should say I'm definitely looking forward to the next chapter, based on what was teased for it.

But that could be 3-4 months away, so...

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Well, i wish she was another element, but given she has full blind resist, at least Alex replaces Vice in imperial Onslaught

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of Alex's characterization and backstory is in her adventurer story, while the stuff in the story chapter itself is like half of the cliff notes version.

Alex is/was super obsessed with the Church because it is the only place she thought she belonged. She was a homeless orphan (though her story suggests she never knew her parents so I guess they could be alive and just abandoned her) who was on death's door when Elisanne found her and brought her to the Church. This has created a situation where Alex doesn't really have any idea of what she'd do if she weren't with the Church in some form, explaining her extreme loyalty to the institution.

Alex became an assassin because she ended up killing a man in self-defense (which may or may not have been a set up) and was discovered by a corrupt priest who threatened to kick her out of the Church for murder if she didn't 'atone' by eliminating the Church's enemies. She isn't the only lost child this dude has pulled this trick on and this gets dealt with during her adventurer story.

As for the split in the Church and what the public must think about 'demon worship', I'm not exactly sure that's the message the Empire is sending out. It is probably something more along the lines of saying that Morsayati was falsely called a demon when he's really the son of the goddess you all love. I guess we don't really have an avenue into the thoughts of ordinary citizens living in the capital or anything.

As for the speculation on what's to come, I imagine the 'heretical texts' will end up being true. Morsayati will really end up being Illia's son gone bad. There's been some speculation based on quotes from The Other in the early chapters referring to 'progress' that probably put him on the technology side of the nature vs technology conflict focused on in chapter 7. It could be that Morsayati originally intended to help humanity through technological advancement, but that resulted in him harming nature and earning the wrath of dragons. So now Morsayati is trying to revive himself and either corrupt or destroy the dragons that stand between him and 'improving' the world.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the double post, but now there's a High Mercury clear with no healer: (and more than a minute left on the timer even with two deaths)

And Melody's there too, just like I figured she'd be good for the fight.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of Alex's characterization and backstory is in her adventurer story, while the stuff in the story chapter itself is like half of the cliff notes version.

Alex is/was super obsessed with the Church because it is the only place she thought she belonged. She was a homeless orphan (though her story suggests she never knew her parents so I guess they could be alive and just abandoned her) who was on death's door when Elisanne found her and brought her to the Church. This has created a situation where Alex doesn't really have any idea of what she'd do if she weren't with the Church in some form, explaining her extreme loyalty to the institution.

Alex became an assassin because she ended up killing a man in self-defense (which may or may not have been a set up) and was discovered by a corrupt priest who threatened to kick her out of the Church for murder if she didn't 'atone' by eliminating the Church's enemies. She isn't the only lost child this dude has pulled this trick on and this gets dealt with during her adventurer story.

As for the split in the Church and what the public must think about 'demon worship', I'm not exactly sure that's the message the Empire is sending out. It is probably something more along the lines of saying that Morsayati was falsely called a demon when he's really the son of the goddess you all love. I guess we don't really have an avenue into the thoughts of ordinary citizens living in the capital or anything.

As for the speculation on what's to come, I imagine the 'heretical texts' will end up being true. Morsayati will really end up being Illia's son gone bad. There's been some speculation based on quotes from The Other in the early chapters referring to 'progress' that probably put him on the technology side of the nature vs technology conflict focused on in chapter 7. It could be that Morsayati originally intended to help humanity through technological advancement, but that resulted in him harming nature and earning the wrath of dragons. So now Morsayati is trying to revive himself and either corrupt or destroy the dragons that stand between him and 'improving' the world.

Also, the entire chapter kinda was beating out the abandonment theme (humans abandoning their humanity, Mars abandoning his dragonself), and the fact that Elisanne wouldn't abandon her.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Did three pulls and got Sylas; actually wanted the Dragon for Addis; but after getting nothing on the 3rd pull I called it quits; will save what I have for the upcoming FE banner.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My daily was Yue, so I'm happy with that much. Might do singles -> a 10 on the last day but unsure of it; we'll see what FE announcement is I guess.

Pazuzu may actually be good for High Mercury as apparently (from what I saw this morning) her poison res starts at 0%. Which means she can be poisoned 5 times, for 75 seconds of the fight vs the expected 45 (and so it'll take a few of attempts before she's likely to resist it as well). So that makes the res issue a bit less of a problem, at least.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Doing some quick math, if you can get poison up for the full 75 seconds and the fight lasts four minutes, then Pazuzu's Poisoned Punisher is roughly equivalent to a 6% DPS increase. But the drop in strength from MUB Zephyr to MUB Pazuzu is a little more than 6%.

So for Pazuzu to outperform Zephyr the fight would need to be shorter than four minutes in order for the 75 seconds where Poisoned Punisher is active to be a larger portion of the fight. I'm sure there's a way to find the break point but I'm not really interested in pulling for Pazuzu so I'm not all that interested in figuring it out.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Total of 13 10 pulls, and 20 single pulls.
No Sylas still...

I'm done.
I blew all my savings for Fire Emblem Lost Heroes...

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
We're getting 4500 wyrmite, so that should be a chance for you to get some pulls then. That and the heroes event is going to last a long time.

Anyway, since with Mars and Thor they're clearly setting up the royal five dragons, and also setting up gala elissane for next gala. (with cleo and luca probably happening afterwards)

here's my simple predictions.

High Princes/princess element
Valyx = LIght (thor)
Leonidas = Fire (mars)
Phares = ??? (guessing water)
Chelle = ??? (guessing wind)
emile = i'm guessing dark here, goes to the dark side and also sets up gala luca if he does.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I'm betting the siblings and their dragons get spun off into end game fights once the current story is over. We'd be past all the High Dragon Trials and Cygames could use that as an opportunity to farm to be able to unlock maybe both the characters and their dragons for our own collection. It'd be like a two phase boss fight, fighting Valyx first and then him becoming Thor to finish the fight.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
We're getting 4500 wyrmite, so that should be a chance for you to get some pulls then. That and the heroes event is going to last a long time.

Anyway, since with Mars and Thor they're clearly setting up the royal five dragons, and also setting up gala elissane for next gala. (with cleo and luca probably happening afterwards)

here's my simple predictions.

High Princes/princess element
Valyx = LIght (thor)
Leonidas = Fire (mars)
Phares = ??? (guessing water)
Chelle = ??? (guessing wind)
emile = i'm guessing dark here, goes to the dark side and also sets up gala luca if he does.
I am expecting the mystery heir to be part of the cycle of five boss fights ahead of Emile. Emile just seems too pathetic to hold his own alongside Valyx and Leonidas. He would need a prettic drastic shake-up of his character to be a legitimate rival at this point.

I think Silas is likely water, but Chelle's color palette makes me think that she could be dark elemental. I conceed that wind is still likely, considering how unreliable color palette is as an indicator of element.

I do imagine them forming a set of fights that are roughly an Imperial Onslaught that directly transitions into a Dragon Trial/Void Battle.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
So maybe switch to Roc, but keep Queen of the Blue Seas?
Maybe swap out Cleo's Ruse for a DPS print, too. Depends on how much leeway you want for taking hits versus how much leeway your team wants for dealing damage. 2k strength's being called a good threshold, but there's nothing written in stone right now.

My poor Stribog Lowen... at least he's about to have a MUB 5T3.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
The story has become hilarious because I daily send Lowen, and potentially could send Pia and Elias, to do Imperial Onslaught, and then loot the corpses for their medals.

I liked the chapter, just saying that maybe Euden should keep certain sides of his operation secret to some people

Euden: so is any of these orphans good with a sword? Or a Katana?

Alex: Uh? no? they are just kids? Sometimes they play knights but that's it

Euden: just checking

Euden: War, war has changed

e: well, I tried to not spoil you. sorry guys :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.