• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Your spoiler title cuts off after "story of" on mobile btw.

...and maybe is the spoiler in itself but idk how you'd fairly tag for it without nesting in another chapter 8 spoiler like this, I guess.

of course we've also spoiled it untagged by now, which is how I learned it

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The chapter was pretty good. More better than chapter 7 content wise, the missions put up a good fight this time around.
Story-wise, it's a good build up for the next chapter and things are about to get serious. Now we know what Leif was doing behind the scenes and the reason why we haven't heard from him for so long. Alex joining the crew provides us a free dark unit from the story which we were missing, I wonder if she's joining together with the main cast in future events and story.

Next chapter looks much more interesting than this one, the sister looks to be more reasonable than the other family members and Evil Zethia even questioning what her motives will be with all the fiasco going on. Really hoping the sister will be able to help Euden for the rebellion, nonetheless after chapter 9 we'll finally venture forth to save our Zethia.

Speculation: Leif mentioned joining up with Euden or some other faction. I believe the faction is going to be the sister or the missing family member. Though more towards the sister since we had that one image with her and Leif from the half-anniversary, but that's a stretch.

Last edited:

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I like the sound of it. Trying to emphasize on the map layout rather than putting together another corridor.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
Alphonse looks cool but my light team is already stacked... I have 5 5* units. Looking forward to his adventurer stories and his interactions with the DL cast no matter what though. I wonder if Anna and/or Sharena will show up. I still think there's a good chance there's multiple collabs and Sharena would be the free unit for the next one.

The event looks cool. Still no telling if there's going to be a banner alongside it. I guess we don't have to wait much longer.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally an event where we roam around a map instead of an arena shaped one. This event type is looking very fun to play in.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oooh, new event type sounds real neat, depending on how rewards work and how quickly you can end each round. Might be fun to play as Albert, mhmm. Rather, if it's all light element, I can also try out my new Lucretia and Hilde as well to keep things fresh guess.

...can't wait to be able to have a team of entirely light swords though

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The new event format definitely sounds like a lot of fun. I also finished Chapter 8 today and I really enjoyed it. I need a Gala Mym and I need it now.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Alfonse being light means Ike or Roy has a chance at being gacha fire sword (not that they haven't done two lights sword in one banner before).

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Finally, a new non-boss battle mode! This is exactly the type of thing that I've been waiting for. The repetition was really starting to get stale.

Alfonse looks great in the Dragalia Lost art style, too. Be prepared to not see a single Light element lobby without him in it for the next several months though. lol

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that'll bring me up to 3 5* light units now which is pretty nice since I'll now have 3 5* units of every element other than dark (only Nefaria) now.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
Yeah, Odetta and Albert were the last light gacha.
But Roy would definitely be Fire. Ike would likely be light.
I don't know, considering how things go at the end of Radiant Dawn, I could easily see Ike as a Dark character. Blue flames of the goddess of chaos and all that. Most lords would end up as light or fire though.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Odetta and Albert were the last light gacha.
But Roy would definitely be Fire. Ike would likely be light.

Ike could be fire too, maybe (his in game affinity is Earth in RD/POR, which is closest to fire in dragalia).

Still, given how many new units seem to be on typical new unit banners, I don't expect too many more units, unless they have multiple banners. Hopefully they announce beforehand if that's the plan.

Sharena (Lance), Anna (axe) , Lyn (probably katana, could be bow) and Ike (sword) as paid units already sounds like a lot of units.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
We a musou game now.
Omg it's so true.

The new event type sounds really fun, I was hoping we would get a new type of event with the collab.

Alphonse being a free 5* is suprising, figured the free unit would be 4* as usual. Hopefully he isnt too restricted by his free status.

Since I dont have Albert a light sword is actually pretty neat

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
lets hope he is at least curse resistant XD albert and odetta are poison, we cant have three light sword user poison resistant... (please)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, I love how they hired the VA for Gilgamesh (Fate) to voice
Leonidas.
It was a perfect fit.

Edit: Question about HMS: How do you guys deal with the target + tornadoes, assuming the fight lasts that long? It's difficult to stack for it when the tornadoes are going everywhere. :/

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I really liked all of the 'damaged' variants of the main cast after they took that big attack, it was cool seeing new artwork of them. The art of the group in formation fighting was really cool, as was Mym preparing to take Mars' attack

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What the hell? I had no idea this was a thing. Though I suppose it wouldn't have made much of a difference since I wouldn't have had the eldwater to spend even if I did know.

57191771_684991281920484_1595689584367239168_n.jpg

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
i consider this the bonus for unlocking that useless "ingot fragment present" in their mana nodes xd that way it could make more sense :P

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell? I had no idea this was a thing. Though I suppose it wouldn't have made much of a difference since I wouldn't have had the eldwater to spend even if I did know.

57191771_684991281920484_1595689584367239168_n.jpg

The old HMS guide mentioned this and pointed out it was a requirement for Euden to do HMS. Prolly went away with double wyrmprints, tho.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Yeah, double wyrmprints lowered the requirements by a lot. You can literally hit the HP threshold with base Brunhilda, though you'd basically need a fully maxed out Euden (all facilities except fire fafnir statue maxed, MUB 5.3.0, and 50 MC) to hit 2K strength.

Last edited:

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Edit: Question about HMS: How do you guys deal with the target + tornadoes, assuming the fight lasts that long? It's difficult to stack for it when the tornadoes are going everywhere. :/
The healer alone should take care of this. Transform when targeted and use dragon skill to iframe the tornadoes.

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked all of the 'damaged' variants of the main cast after they took that big attack, it was cool seeing new artwork of them.
Damage artworks for all adventurers when? GivemeBrunotierplease.
In half-seriousness: when they appeared during the new chapter, I though of them to be a nice little coincidence due to the upcoming crossover event with FEH.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the new co-op defense event will still be mono element focused or if they'll introduce various elemental enemy waves.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, I love how they hired the VA for Gilgamesh (Fate) to voice
Leonidas.
It was a perfect fit.

Healer takes it, runs to center, shapeshifts, uses skill to dodge briefly so the later tornadoes can end the shift without her being hurt. May need to use a sticker to signal you're taking it.

If someone else gets it, they can also do this (which is why I'm still kinda wary when people shift at break). But using the skill may be tricky as it could move them towards HMS and so might drag the mark onto other players; Phoenix staying in place helps avoid that.

and make sure you're doing this on the third mark (which you're describing), not the second, because that's an easy way to doom a run when people don't know how to react later

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Is there reason why Mym just looks like Brunhilda when she transforms? Was it shown before? I forget if that was mentioned or seen earlier in the story. Seems kind of anticlimactic considering her humanoid appearance.

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
Is there reason why Mym just looks like Brunhilda when she transforms? Was it shown before? I forget if that was mentioned or seen earlier in the story. Seems kind of anticlimactic considering her humanoid appearance.
Because she is Brunhilda it was very clearly shown when you met her in her chapter, did you skip some story segments in the first Fire chapter when you get Brunhilda? It was one of the story segments at the end after you calmed the volcano, if I remembered correctly.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Because she is Brunhilda it was very clearly shown when you met her in her chapter, did you skip some story segments in the first Fire chapter when you get Brunhilda? It was one of the story segments at the end after you calmed the volcano, if I remembered correctly.

Those first few story chapters are kind of a blur at this point. I blazed through them on launch day.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I just realized feh could be the dragon in the xover, im pretty slow at times.

Feb 14, 2018
Is Musashi maybe a better choice than Gala Ranzal for HMC because the 5.3 blade has an offensive skill? My Musashi is already 5*.

Status
Not open for further replies.