• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
What the hell? I had no idea this was a thing. Though I suppose it wouldn't have made much of a difference since I wouldn't have had the eldwater to spend even if I did know.

57191771_684991281920484_1595689584367239168_n.jpg
I will never see this screen.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I could, but I rather get some good wrymprints first when the update hits lol
That's going to be the tough decision moving forward:
  • 73k Eldwater to unlock all of an Adventurer's MC co-abilities
  • 37k Eldwater for a 5* MUB Wyrmprint
  • 17k Eldwater for a 4* MUB Wyrmprint.
Edit: That's not even including the 25k Eldwater to promote a 4* Adventurer to 5*

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The healer alone should take care of this. Transform when targeted and use dragon skill to iframe the tornadoes.
Healer takes it, runs to center, shapeshifts, uses skill to dodge briefly so the later tornadoes can end the shift without her being hurt. May need to use a sticker to signal you're taking it.

If someone else gets it, they can also do this (which is why I'm still kinda wary when people shift at break). But using the skill may be tricky as it could move them towards HMS and so might drag the mark onto other players; Phoenix staying in place helps avoid that.

and make sure you're doing this on the third mark (which you're describing), not the second, because that's an easy way to doom a run when people don't know how to react later
Thanks, you two.

So when you say "take it", is there a way to make sure you're the one targetted with the attack? I thought it was random.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
That's going to be the tough decision moving forward:
  • 73k Eldwater to unlock all of an Adventurer's MC co-abilities
  • 37k Eldwater for a 5* MUB Wyrmprint
  • 17k Eldwater for a 4* MUB Wyrmprint.
Edit: That's not even including the 25k Eldwater to promote a 4* Adventurer to 5*
I current have 36k and I have no idea how much I am going to get for the retroactive Eldwater.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Thanks, you two.

So when you say "take it", is there a way to make sure you're the one targetted with the attack? I thought it was random.

All of HMS's attacks target the closest adventurer, which is why most groups decide on a dedicated melee baiter (usually the non-Mikoto melee like Vanessa or Euden) who directs the spitballs away from everyone else. During that chaser phase, the healer tries to get as close to HMS as possible to bait it, then dragon away from the group (in the middle of the Arena ideally) and use the Phoenix skill to tank it while dodging the tornadoes from the Skill I-frames.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
All of HMS's attacks target the closest adventurer, which is why most groups decide on a dedicated melee baiter (usually the non-Mikoto melee like Vanessa or Euden) who directs the spitballs away from everyone else. During that chaser phase, the healer tries to get as close to HMS as possible to bait it, then dragon away from the group (in the middle of the Arena ideally) and use the Phoenix skill to tank it while dodging the tornadoes from the Skill I-frames.
Wow, thanks a lot. I had no idea his attacks were determinable. This helps out immensely.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Is Musashi maybe a better choice than Gala Ranzal for HMC because the 5.3 blade has an offensive skill? My Musashi is already 5*.

I believe Addis is actually the preferred of the two, but the blade users are wanted due to their co-abilities.

I haven't tried running much yet though; the shock of regretting my prep (and how exhausted I was yesterday) left a bad taste in my mouth. I just saw some discussion of it along those lines.

(I think tomorrow I will try to learn it more seriously, but possibly not till next weekend.)

Thanks, you two.

As Numberfox said, just be the closest at that point (but be careful not to roll into him/a tornado and get hurt... I've done it before). That's why a sticker in advance to signal you're taking it can be helpful in pubs; people should hopefully scatter as soon as the tornadoes appear so you have time to move in.

Generally as Sinoa I tried to be ready as backup (since I felt it was better I be the one to waste my dragon rather than stronger players), but Prom's skill can be risky as he moves during it...

EDIT:

Also, this applies for more than just HMS, fwiw. Zephyr, for example, will peck towards close melee (so if possible you want to not have him aim at ranged, due to the second hit of it). And there's bosses that will dash towards the furthest away, and so on.

unfortunately Mercury is one of those that targets a lot of stuff at ranged, so I'm gonna have to get used to baiting as Lowen... my lazy healer life is at a rough end...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I believe Addis is actually the preferred of the two, but the blade users are wanted due to their co-abilities.

I haven't tried running much yet though; the shock of regretting my prep (and how exhausted I was yesterday) left a bad taste in my mouth. I just saw some discussion of it along those lines.

(I think tomorrow I will try to learn it more seriously, but possibly not till next weekend.)

As Numberfox said, just be the closest at that point (but be careful not to roll into him/a tornado and get hurt... I've done it before). That's why a sticker in advance to signal you're taking it can be helpful in pubs; people should hopefully scatter as soon as the tornadoes appear so you have time to move in.

Generally as Sinoa I tried to be ready as backup (since I felt it was better I be the one to waste my dragon rather than stronger players), but Prom's skill can be risky as he moves during it...

EDIT:

Also, this applies for more than just HMS, fwiw. Zephyr, for example, will peck towards close melee (so if possible you want to not have him aim at ranged, due to the second hit of it). And there's bosses that will dash towards the furthest away, and so on.

unfortunately Mercury is one of those that targets a lot of stuff at ranged, so I'm gonna have to get used to baiting as Lowen... my lazy healer life is at a rough end...
I had no idea there were so many mechanics of bosses targeting specific ranged characters. This. Changes. Everything!

Appreciate the info!

user__

Oct 25, 2017
I current have 36k and I have no idea how much I am going to get for the retroactive Eldwater.
I have exactly 276000, being a day one player. I only promoted 4 three* and 1 four* (for a total of 35k water spent), and I haven''t spent any on mana circles. I wonder just how much water will pour. Should I expect something like 30%-40% more, or I'm completely out in order of magnitude? the compensation should be applied only on 4* and 5* characters dupes if I'm not mistaken, and I don't think them are a big chunk of that.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I have 206100 having only promoted 3 4->5s (so 75k spent). I also have not really ever sold even 3* prints and dragons (which are piling up too much now though so that will change), so I have that effectively banked as well. (...and it's only today that I fiiiinally got fed up and started doing hard mode with spare stamina to get the free storage chests, so I have those eldwater bonuses waiting as well)

I think (I'm jinxing myself here) I've only ever gotten one 5* dupe so far. But as I currently only lack Ku Hai among the 4*s (it was nice of Fleur to show up a banner later and to get Yue on my first daily this time), I've certainly gotten my share of 4* dupes. I don't want to estimate how much I'll get as it's only 1.2k per and I feel like I'll overestimate, but I could also see myself being pleasantly surprised when the gift shows up.

Speaking of summoning... I guess on Sunday I need to decide if I'm doing a 10 pull or not on this one. My cat's my good luck and I'll be on a business trip during the week, so I'll have to eat some single tickets to keep up with my supersitution. But, well, I have >50 still so I can probably spare the... 6, I think, to rate up...

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at 149,650.
Promoted three 4 stars to 5 stars, promoted teo 3 Stars to 5 star. Promoted three 3 stars to 4 star.
Maxed one 3 star, one 4 star, and three 5 stars.

I got like 30 Yue on this banner.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Started the game in late October:

At 59,450

Promoted from 4 star to 5 star:
Euden, Odetta, Verica = 75,000

Unlocked Nodes:

6,000 x 5 (Verica, Euden, Maribelle, Xander, Valentine's Hildegard) = 30,000
12,000 x 3 (Mariblle, Xander, Valentine's Hildegard) = 36,000
20,000 x 1 (Valentine's Hildegard) = 20,000
35,000 x 1 (Valentine's Hildegard) = 35,000

Total spent: 196,000

So total I had = 255,450.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably use the extra eldwater to make sure I've got an okay set of MUB prints for my lead characters, but after that I'm mostly interested in promoting my favorites.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
The need for MUB Dragons is kinda painful for these High Dragons. I have no MUB Dragons or even ways to get them

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The need for MUB Dragons is kinda painful for these High Dragons. I have no MUB Dragons or even ways to get them

Do you not have any of the 4* dragons? There was a confirmed clear using all MUB Roc's with 2 Melody's 1 Mariebelle, 1 Lowen for HMC, and MUB Ifrit/Vody is basically good enough HMS/HBH with double Wyrmprints/slime facilities. The moonstones from the Void shop really helps in getting MUBs.

Healer-wise Phoenix doesn't need to be MUB (though it helps) for Verica/V! Hilde in HMS, while I THINK MUB Poli'ahu is good enough for Thaniel in HBH. Lowen preferably uses MUB Roc as well from what I've seen.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Really, even though he doesn't have bog res? I have Addis, but haven't promoted him.

HMC is lenient enough that it's possible to clear without a healer, which also applies to not having bog. It's possible to literally not get hit from start to finish after the HP check if you know the mechanics and play well enough. The thing that makes Addis so strong is that his bleed does a LOT of damage, and unlike poison it can never be completely resisted.

That being said, I think every wind blade is viable since there's been confirmed clears for every one, including multiple with Melody who might literally be the best of the 3, so it comes down to personal preference right now. I'd give it a week or so before we get a definitive answer on which one would be preferred for premades and pubs.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
Do you not have any of the 4* dragons? There was a confirmed clear using all MUB Roc's with 2 Melody's 1 Mariebelle, 1 Lowen for HMC, and MUB Ifrit/Vody is basically good enough HMS/HBH with double Wyrmprints/slime facilities. The moonstones from the Void shop really helps in getting MUBs.

Healer-wise Phoenix doesn't need to be MUB (though it helps) for Verica/V! Hilde in HMS, while I THINK MUB Poli'ahu is good enough for Thaniel in HBH. Lowen preferably uses MUB Roc as well from what I've seen.
I see I didn't know Roc was usable for HMC. I'm using Lin You though so I'm not sure if its still good on her

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Got HMC this afternoon. My favourite of the 3 High Dragons so far. While at first it seems overly chaotic, once you get an understanding of the rotation and your role you start making progress quick with each attempt.

Zk2Uf8K_d.jpg

user__

Oct 25, 2017
If you like to see crazy dmg numbers try to equip a copy punisher weapon and Roc on the Frost Hermit. The weapon ability applies to the dragon skill too and with that setup you can wipe out the copies while still focusing on beating the main hermit.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Is max Xainfried with the 4 star weapon, 16 Lance/30 Water, and Vodyanoy viable for High Brunhilda?
Or do I need the 5 star for him, with higher dojos?

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
With this I am done with sword dojos forever!!!!!! And no more Fire Imperial onslaught for a while, thank goodness. I still have bows to do but not gonna touch that weapon for quite a while. Onto maxing out Wands now.

57471863_269387514011952_1950952013323829248_n.jpg

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Good lord lol, all my dojos are at like level 11. Maxing out dojos is a long term goal for me haha

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My staff level 29s are building, so those will be finish being maxed on Wednesday I think.

it's so slooooow waiting for aqua slime and this dracolith to build too... once I can have all 4 wyrms on dojos again, everything that's still 20 should be up to 22 quickly and I think I do have the silver coins for that much now

...then I have no idea what to do next; I guess pushing swords 26->30 is the relatively easiest goal insignia-wise, hmm

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I have to save my big insignia's for my 5.3 weapons, so I don't have as much for my dojos.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm not the 100K Wyrmite guy, but I did hit 90K on my F2P no pulls alt, which I think is a decent milestone.

I can do 982 pulls total, not including any of the Wyrmite from Hard mode or EX stages in the campaign or adventurer/dragon/castle stories that I haven't done yet.

It also just occurred to me that we're finally getting a free non-bow Light unit with Alfonse! That will definitely be a step up from my current options of Luca or Elias. Now I want free owl Feh Light dragon because as much as I like Shimai's design, he's literally worst than Jupiter without Crit-stacking, which is less than ideal.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, Golden Week hits on the 28th, just a few days after the FEH collaboration. I wonder what login bonuses we can expect. Not that we need anything more than what we've already received, as Cygames have been insanely generous, but given the holiday in Japan we'll probably get something.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Alex has made it possible for me to easily auto Light IO on my F2P alt now using Alex/Botan/Cleo/Felicia. Perfect time to farm for a Light Sword for Alfonse.

How long should Ch. 8 be considered a spoiler by the way?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Makes sense. Less than a week away!

I liked the fact that we got to see HBH in the story. It better connects the high dragon trials to the normal story, and I fell earning them has more weight as a result. Hope we get to see all of them eventually.

Also, my name is Alex which was a bit distracting, not helped by the fact that in the Japanese voice it sounds like they're using the name "Shannon." I think in Japanese you don't actually learn Alex is a girl until Euden picks her up, which doesn't really translate well because we don't have well-adopted neutral pronouns in English like the Japanese language does. I guess they just opted to have a more unisex name in order to portray that idea while still having natural-sounding dialogue with characters referring to Alex as a girl with she/her pronouns before that point.

Thinking about it, this might be why they decided to localize Alexis' name as Xander.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
A 4 star promoted Ricardt can get 100% stun resist from two +25% anti-stun prints (more likely you'll max out at 95%, or 75% from one, which are both more than enough) and has lots of healing potential.

Agni only afflicts with 75% rate IIRC, which means you only need that much to fill resist. So Ricardt with 50% + a 25% print is enough. Even a 20% means only 5% chance of afflict.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I had a viable healer for Agni. The healer on my team gets wiped 9/10 times.
I use Xander and change to Ricardt every time there's need for a healer. I have a 20% stun res print, and I got stunned only once in dozens of runs. I have Verica too but largely prefer using Ricardt, the special staff gives me much more moving freedom and allows me to easily survive the fight and focus on recharging the skills.

Solid Pupper

Jan 5, 2018
I'm being forced to play with my $200 Chromebook these days, because I've got a China XiaoMi phone and those seem to be at the root of these weird Error 160s that Android users are getting, probably because Cygames is trying to lock out non-regionally-supported folx. :( I guess it's a good a time as any to take a break until FEH, although hoping I don't fall behind in HMC prep ...

Status
Not open for further replies.