• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I literally just woke up when I saw that notice about the changes to summoning cost.

I am in shock

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I really wonder what's going on. I think there has to be an eldwater shop or something now.
It's insane. That means, if/when we get a spark mechanic, we'll only need 36,000 wyrmite for the 300 pulls (assuming it works similar to GBF). I have that already! That's 9,000 less wyrmite than we would have needed (again, assuming they kept everything as people expect).

The 26th is going to be something else.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I think they're recognizing that the biggest turn off to the game initially was the economy so no reason to delay rectifying it until a 1 year anniversary or whatever. Summoning is so bad even people who like the game don't want to spend any kind of money. The welcome pack gave me a dupe of only 3 5 star adventurers I had and many a tear were shed with the Platinum Showcase which pick any old thing. Only the Dream Summon which was a one of was worthwhile tbh and discounted 1 time packs including the Beginner pack were good for getting some currency for dailies.

There's going to be added attention from the crossover, might as well try to keep the people installing the game for the first time. Presumably the focus rate will go to 1% from 0.5% too. Hopefully it pays off.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Did anyone else see the title of the notice and go "ah they are increasing the prices of the summons to account for the changes, it sucks but it makes sense"

Needless to say I was not expecting this

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think they're recognizing that the biggest turn off to the game initially was the economy so no reason to delay rectifying it until a 1 year anniversary or whatever. Summoning is so bad even people who like the game don't want to spend any kind of money. The welcome pack gave me a dupe of only 3 5 star adventurers I had and many a tear were shed with the Platinum Showcase which pick any old thing. Only the Dream Summon which was a one of was worthwhile tbh and discounted 1 time packs including the Beginner pack were good for getting some currency for dailies.

There's going to be added attention from the crossover, might as well try to keep the people installing the game for the first time. Presumably the focus rate will go to 1% from 0.5% too. Hopefully it pays off.
That does make a lot of sense. Wyrmprint is a major turnoff in this game when you see all that pity build up only to be broken for a card. I know many people quit the game just because how the gacha worked, you can only imagine that it will worsen as the summoning pool gets more bloated with wyrmprints.

I'm glad that didn't delay this update for the 1st-anniversary, now that we have all the good changes to the summoning they only need to focus on announcing content for the big celebration.

Last edited:

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
The hell is going on with this game. Just when I think they can't surprise me more than they already have, here we are.

Nintendo pressure for not exploiting the customers?

which makes sense. Nintendo is trying to build a new IP here so goodwill from the fanbase is paramount

Did anyone else see the title of the notice and go "ah they are increasing the prices of the summons to account for the changes, it sucks but it makes sense"

Needless to say I was not expecting this

yep

I triple checked to see if I was not mistaken

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

which makes sense. Nintendo is trying to build a new IP here so goodwill from the fanbase is paramount
Maybe, but I still feel this is more from Cygames than Nintendo. I mean, look at FEH. That's run by Nintendo/IS, and they aren't nearly as generous.

Regardless of the reason, I am very happy to see it and this actually encourages me to continue topping up my diamantium/purchasing choosoe-your-own tickets when they're available, so they're doing something right!

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe, but I still feel this is more from Cygames than Nintendo. I mean, look at FEH. That's run by Nintendo/IS, and they aren't nearly as generous.

Regardless of the reason, I am very happy to see it and this actually encourages me to continue topping up my diamantium/purchasing choosoe-your-own tickets when they're available, so they're doing something right!

I don't know what the deal is with FEH. Cashing in with the FE franchise in general? But it's not that big of a franchise. It was barely killed at some points

yeah maybe it's Cygames. hard to say

I wonder if they will start pumping out more and more characters to make up for cheaper summon. I have half the 5* pool and didn't spend much money

e: no, more like 40%

it's weird they never added Melsa nor Celliera to the regular 4* pool, but added Lowen and Louise. Guess that wind really needed them?

Last edited:

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
they should. i have all 4* dragons, and most adventurers that arent 5*.
lately i was pulling knowing that "at least" i would get wyrmprints to MUB or get a new one. but with them taking those out they need something to incite the new pulls (other than a couple of characters only XD)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
it's weird they never added Melsa nor Celliera to the regular 4* pool, but added Lowen and Louise. Guess that wind really needed them?
Melsa and Celery were friendship/event characters while Lowen/Louise were gacha characters (and were never limited). I wouldn't worry though, I'm sure they'll eventually do event re-runs for people that missed out on them originally so they can grab em' again!

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what the deal is with FEH. Cashing in with the FE franchise in general? But it's not that big of a franchise. It was barely killed at some points

yeah maybe it's Cygames. hard to say

I wonder if they will start pumping out more and more characters to make up for cheaper summon. I have half the 5* pool and didn't spend much money

e: no, more like 40%

Celliara and Melsa are from raids and had to be earned via friendship. They're event exclusive characters that had to be earned. Lowen and Louise were from a facility event and was only available via gacha. They just never left the pool.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Saw the wyrmite announcement and was expecting it to be the kicker for the summon changes, but no! And to top it off I got Maribelle as my daily summon so can leave this banner be.

I'm hoping that they re-run limited wyrmprints/adventurers/dragons due to the newcomers in other countries, but expecting that it'll be an annual repeat if anything at all. Not sure if they'll do facility events in the same way, which suck to have lost out on.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that they're doing the opposite of what most games do when they think they aren't hitting expectations. I hope they're rewarded for it because it's absolutely the most consumer friendly approach.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017

I think it's also because the game had a disappointing Q1, and they have to show something to their shareholders at the end of the month.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Interesting that they're doing the opposite of what most games do when they think they aren't hitting expectations. I hope they're rewarded for it because it's absolutely the most consumer friendly approach.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with these changes... but apart from wanting to support the game I felt like I have no reason to actually buy gatcha currency before and even less now after these changes..... kinda confusing from a money making perspective...

I'm suprised they just didn't go the "push an anime out ASAP" route to get more recognition for DL.

And if it was pressure from Nintendo that doesn't really make any sense since Fire Emblem Heroes is pretty much the same as always, they did introduce a new mechanic for newer legendary heroes (waste of money imo) and removed year 1 five star units from new heroes banners (good change overall).... but it's not like you can look at these changes and go "Nintendo are making IS do this".

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
i think FEH is more like a normal gacha game version of the actual games and people didnt expect much from them in that sense, they took FE and made a gacha out of it.
here they are setting everything more streamlined and friendly to stablish a proper IP, they come from gacha to movile arpg if that makes any sense.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
At least lower the daily dia cost to 25... but no, I can't actually complain. That's a very nice bonus, especially as that gift is going to have me close to 35k wyrmite as is.

Well, I do also think I may pull more than I mean to at first because of thinking of 1.5k per and then going "oooh, I still have so much left"... But that's on me, hah.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
What going on with this game? These are all such goods moves that I'm getting suspicious.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
We're gonna be drowning in Elwater compensation. If I'm understanding it right, the way they're compensating retroactively is giving an extra 150 Elwater for every additional pull the spent Wyrmite/Diamantium would give under the new cost. So every 1500 Wyrmite/Diamantium spent would translate to 375 Elwater (2.5 more pulls) essentially.
Yeah, this part of the notice is really confusing. How you interpret it, we will be compensated eldwater at a flat rate of 150 each, the 3* rate. For every 10 pulls you made, you could have had 2.5 extra pulls, so 375 eldwater, right?

Well, since they say it's based on "the expected average amount of eldwater which could have been obtained using the new summoning prices", it should really be something like the following:

For every 100 extra pulls you would have received:
80% 3* rate = 150 x 80 pulls = 12000 eldwater
16% 4* rate (pre 26 Apr) = 1000 x 16 pulls = 16000 eldwater
4% 5* rate (pre 26 Apr) = 3000 x 4 pulls = 12000 eldwater
In total, the 100 extra pulls would get you = 40000 eldwater on average

So, to round that down, for each extra pull, you should be getting a rate of 400 extra eldwater, no? Going from that, for 2.5 pulls, that would make it a nice round 1000 eldwater. I could be way off, and maybe reaching here, but that's what an average would mean, when you factor in the pull rates (not even gonna touch pity rates, as that would be too complicated). Can anyone confirm if this is a solid translation of the Japanese notice?

Even better and less confusing would just be a refund of excess wyrmite for any pulls that weren't from a ticket, but if the eldwater compensation is what I think/hope it is, combined with the 4* and 5* dupe compensation, people who have been pulling regularly from the launch will have oceans of eldwater for all the wyrmprints and MC/promotions they want for a long time.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Per something I saw on Discord, it may just be 37.5 * number of 3*s?

It's seemingly compensation for 3*s based on the notice, not just compensation for pulling at all.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
all this eldwater talk is great, but i just want to know if there is a way other than the shop to get wyrmprints (new and old) because if not people will focus the shop on the "most usefull" and ignore the rest. i just want confirmation of them being added to the normal drops from current stages
(i asume that we will continue to have event prints dropping in all instances of their event quest, only that now the other 3*/4*/5* will be also dropping with whatever rates)

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
all this eldwater talk is great, but i just want to know if there is a way other than the shop to get wyrmprints (new and old) because if not people will focus the shop on the "most usefull" and ignore the rest. i just want confirmation of them being added to the normal drops from current stages
(i asume that we will continue to have event prints dropping in all instances of their event quest, only that now the other 3*/4*/5* will be also dropping with whatever rates)
I'm pretty sure they've already confirmed that there will be wyrmprint drops.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
they confirmed that they will expand the wrymprint dropping pool, but considering the actual situation it doesnt imply that ALL the wyrmprints will be farmable. they could just make 3 and 4* farmable and leave the 5* for the shop for example. i want to know if there will be something like ... yeah a resounding rendition dropping from HJupiter for example or that HMS drops valiant crown or things like that (even if drop rate is low)

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
they confirmed that they will expand the wrymprint dropping pool, but considering the actual situation it doesnt imply that ALL the wyrmprints will be farmable. they could just make 3 and 4* farmable and leave the 5* for the shop for example. i want to know if there will be something like ... yeah a resounding rendition dropping from HJupiter for example or that HMS drops valiant crown or things like that (even if drop rate is low)
They also specifically stated that 5* prints will be dropping too

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
I asked same question on Epic7 thread, but I think the grind/luck there is too much for me

How is Dragalia Lost to an almost f2p ? Is it fine to start now or is too late?
Bad luck equals no fun here? Any mechanisns to avoid that ?

And How about time spent per day to do all daily?

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
motherfuckers trying to run away from the targetted attack of high midgarsorm have been ruining my prelude runs!

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I asked same question on Epic7 thread, but I think the grind/luck there is too much for me

I'd say now is a really good time to start as the first collab event is starting Friday along with a massive update that makes the gacha more friendly to players, and all players will be receiving a gift of 4500 wyrmrite (nearly 4 multipulls worth of currency) along with 25k eldwater (enough to promote a 4* unit to a 5*.

While 5* characters are better than the 3* and 4* you can promote any character to 5* so you can play favourites if you want.

The gacha starts at 4% 5* rate and increases by .5% for every 10 single summons or every 1 multi summon without a 5*, you are guaranteed a 5* by your 100th summon but usually you get one by then.

The devs are very generous and give out free summons frequently and every event gives currency and summon tickets.

There is grinding but I'd say it's a LOT less severe than Epic Seven and can be done pretty casually.

Dailies can be done in under 5 minutes, the only one that usually slows me down is "Do a quest playing co-op" but if there is an event ongoing then this one is easier to do.
The game can be set to auto and double speed to make things faster

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say now is a really good time to start as the first collab event is starting Friday along with a massive update that makes the gacha more friendly to players, and all players will be receiving a gift of 4500 wyrmrite (nearly 4 multipulls worth of currency) along with 25k eldwater (enough to promote a 4* unit to a 5*.

While 5* characters are better than the 3* and 4* you can promote any character to 5* so you can play favourites if you want.

The gacha starts at 4% 5* rate and increases by .5% for every 10 single summons or every 1 multi summon without a 5*, you are guaranteed a 5* by your 100th summon but usually you get one by then.

The devs are very generous and give out free summons frequently and every event gives currency and summon tickets.

There is grinding but I'd say it's a LOT less severe than Epic Seven and can be done pretty casually.

Dailies can be done in under 5 minutes, the only one that usually slows me down is "Do a quest playing co-op" but if there is an event ongoing then this one is easier to do

Wow, that seems pretty great... Is coop fun?

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, that seems pretty great... Is coop fun?
It is!
There is endgame content like the higher end void battles and the high dragon trials that require MMO levels of cooperation in fights which has the same pitfalls of any random matchmaking system but you can create private lobbies or conditional lobbies to find people of certain elements/weapons/might levels.
We have a discord too for coordinating these things

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...y'know, hopefully they drop from good places like IO and such. Might regret finally doing hard story lately for these storage upgrades if I could have gotten >=4*s from it. But I still have most of it left anyway, hmm.

It is a little hard to judge because there are good changes coming to summoning (less worthless stuff, cheaper to summon) in only a few days, but we don't know how them giving out free currency (been very generous so far) might change due to that.

But I think you will be largely very fine as a f2p. You've missed out on some stuff from events by starting late, but also we haven't had event reruns yet, so when/if that inevitably happens you'll be set to get all of it the second time.

Doing dailies takes more time early on, when your teams are not strong enough to AI/auto most things. Currently I could technically spend no time manually playing to get all my dailies, if I wanted to completely neglect the co-op energy system. But I try to use all my energy every day if possible. I guess I would spend maybe... 24/2=12 runs with co-op, ~2-3 minutes per run, maybe 30 minutes doing co-op each day? Probably decently more than that in practice, but that's if things go smoothly enough and I'm not dawdling.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
...y'know, hopefully they drop from good places like IO and such. Might regret finally doing hard story lately for these storage upgrades if I could have gotten >=4*s from it. But I still have most of it left anyway, hmm.
This was my worry haha, I was going to hold off on doing chapter 8 until the update but then I started seeing spoilers and saw the free unit and decided I had to do it lol
Still got hard mode of chapter 7 and 8 to do and those will probably give better wymrprints anyway

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
This was my worry haha, I was going to hold off on doing chapter 8 until the update but then I started seeing spoilers and saw the free unit and decided I had to do it lol
Still got hard mode of chapter 7 and 8 to do and those will probably give better wymrprints anyway

In my case I didn't do any of hard mode basically. But this week I finally decided to get the upgrades in... 2/6/8 I think? Cause we've gotten so many weapon drops lately and I'm sick of being quite so low on space. That means like half of 2, more than half of 6, almost the entirety of 8 besides a quest or two I think.

So while chapter 8 is basically done, most hard chapters are almost entirely left including 7, at least, and I have eldwater + special endeavors to gain from doing them. So there's that, assuming they even drop decently from there at all.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I'm a f2player and it's definitely f2p friendly. The only thing is, it does require for you to wait for things to build and grind before you become strong enough to take on the harder content, so the sooner you start the better for you, imo. Specifically the sooner you start to build facilities.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017

DL seems pretty nice to F2P folk so far, and would recommend starting before Friday so you can pick up some extra in-game currency due to the upcoming update.

Pull wise, the free characters are okay to get you started, and even then there isn't really any "bad" ones per se in the summoning pool as they may have their own uses in certain content. The general higher rarity = better rules apply but that doesn't mean that 3* units aren't worth it (case in point, Melody is a 3* base unit and considered on of the best in her element. Verica is a 4* healer and considered one of the best overall units in the game). You'll get a free 5* star pull when you start the game as well, and there's a decent amount of rewards for starting out. There's a bit more variation with dragons and Wyrmprints, but you'll get a dragon from each element as you go through the story too that aren't too bad to roll with. They're removing wyrmprints from the summoning pool which was probably the biggest "bad luck" thing in the game, as dupe characters give you an additional resource that can be spent on strengthing characters (and soon to purchase Wyrmprints), and dupe dragons can be used to improve a copy or sold on.

There's no cost to failing any missions outside of time either. Any stamina costs are refunded unless completed. The dailies are fairly simple and can be autobattled pretty easily, they take like... 15-20 minutes max. The grind isn't too bad once you can autobattle some content, and once you full clear any quest that is Expert or lower you can just use skip tickets instead of waiting it out.

Co-op is pretty fun and good to get into more difficult content that you might not be able to solo, like expert or master level quests or any event stuff that's happening. The trickiest bit there is building a decent character for element, or for end game stuff like Void Battles having the proper character build (though that is, as mentioned, end game!).

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
DL seems pretty nice to F2P folk so far, and would recommend starting before Friday so you can pick up some extra in-game currency due to the upcoming update.

Pull wise, the free characters are okay to get you started, and even then there isn't really any "bad" ones per se in the summoning pool as they may have their own uses in certain content. The general higher rarity = better rules apply but that doesn't mean that 3* units aren't worth it (case in point, Melody is a 3* base unit and considered on of the best in her element. Verica is a 4* healer and considered one of the best overall units in the game). You'll get a free 5* star pull when you start the game as well, and there's a decent amount of rewards for starting out. There's a bit more variation with dragons and Wyrmprints, but you'll get a dragon from each element as you go through the story too that aren't too bad to roll with. They're removing wyrmprints from the summoning pool which was probably the biggest "bad luck" thing in the game, as dupe characters give you an additional resource that can be spent on strengthing characters (and soon to purchase Wyrmprints), and dupe dragons can be used to improve a copy or sold on.

There's no cost to failing any missions outside of time either. Any stamina costs are refunded unless completed. The dailies are fairly simple and can be autobattled pretty easily, they take like... 15-20 minutes max. The grind isn't too bad once you can autobattle some content, and once you full clear any quest that is Expert or lower you can just use skip tickets instead of waiting it out.

Co-op is pretty fun and good to get into more difficult content that you might not be able to solo, like expert or master level quests or any event stuff that's happening. The trickiest bit there is building a decent character for element, or for end game stuff like Void Battles having the proper character build (though that is, as mentioned, end game!).

Thanks ! Is reroll fast? Should I reroll?

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
i wouldnt care about rerolling. you will get people sooner or later. as everybody said, having a 5* doesnt matter much unless we are talking about end game (and even then is not mandatory)

dragons matter most than adventurers though. if you are rerolling, rellol for that, but we have also dragon banners...

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
i wouldnt care about rerolling. you will get people sooner or later. as everybody said, having a 5* doesnt matter much unless we are talking about end game (and even then is not mandatory)

dragons matter most than adventurers though. if you are rerolling, rellol for that, but we have also dragon banners...

I didn't reroll at all cause it seems like a pain but I wouldn't bother re-rolling unless you're starting on a limited banner -- which this isn't.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks ! Is reroll fast? Should I reroll?
Reroll is not very important in this game. I reached some of the endgame content only recently, going at my own pace, using a promoted 4* adventurer and a 4* dragon. It was just a matter to patiently build up the necessary resources, but it never really felt like a grind, because to reach that goal I had to explore nearly every part of the game, crafting weapons and building teams only to serve a particular bit of the whole process, while sharing a lot of very good experiences with the other players in coop matches.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
In the first 30 seconds of one of my Lowen HMS runs today, a Naveed got hit by a spit and then an 8-way, a Vanessa and Sarisse got hit by a two-man mark, and then everyone survived through the chaser and went on to clear.

And yet the average pub would prefer a 4.8k VHilde to my stacked Lowen. Your healers could never.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I was thinking earlier that after these changes, provided that you have most of the 3* and 4* characters the absolute worst scenario when doing a tenfold summon is a single dupe 4* (2250 Eldwater) and 9 dupe 3* (1150 Eldwater)

So the absolute worst case scenario on a tenfold summon would give you 3400 Eldwater which is nearly enough to get a 5* wyrmprint, from one multisummon, where previously you could do 5 tenfolds before pulling a pity breaking wyrmprint

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... I'm wondering how much eldwater I'll be getting going forward.

seeing as I somehow continue to have literally every 3* and 4* that's not Ku Hai, and will probably get him sooner this way, I expect to see a decent amount

though I think I'm also really underestimating the 5*s being affected... it will surely mean starting to get more dupes and possibly frustrating dragons but thinking of how many 5* prints I've gotten...

Status
Not open for further replies.