• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing we'll get the new event/banner information at reset on the 25th? I can't wait, the 26th is going to be amazing.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
DH7KxAoUIAAdzeW.png

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Since event is two days away.

Final Expectation for the FEH collab:
- Free Alfonse 5*
- Free Fjorm 4*
- Free Tiki 5*
- Free 5* Light sword
- Free 4* Water spear
- Limited Wyrmprint in all rarities

Gacha Banner
- Camillia 5*
- Camillia 4*
- Camillia 3*

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Free:

Maid Camilla (4*)
Dragon with Camilla riding on it (4*)

Gacha:

Swimsuit Camilla (4*)
Golden Swimsuit Camilla (5*) (for Golden Week in Japan)
Dragon cosplaying as Camilla (5*)

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Here's a completely, utterly, stupidly useless and yet somewhat interesting observation that absolutely no one asked for.

So I just finished the latest story chapter and I don't remember any of the text using personal pronouns when referring to Alex, so I was beginning to wonder if she was, in fact, a dude. And then they cut to that flashback scene when she was dressed in what looked like boys' clothes which made me even more confused. And then I check her adventurer details and there's only "Alex" and no gender-specific words:

"An assassin dispatched by the Ilian Church to dispose of Elisanne. The cold-hearted Alex normally carries out missions with machine-like precision, but personal feelings may well get in the way of this one."

And so then I was compelled to look up the adventurer details of all 100+ characters in the game at 2:00 in the morning because who needs sleep when you have gacha grammar and whaddya know, every single character has at least one personal pronoun in it except...

...ALEX.

giphy.gif

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Here's a completely, utterly, stupidly useless and yet somewhat interesting observation that absolutely no one asked for.

So I just finished the latest story chapter and I don't remember any of the text using personal pronouns when referring to Alex, so I was beginning to wonder if she was, in fact, a dude. And then they cut to that flashback scene when she was dressed in what looked like boys' clothes which made me even more confused. And then I check her adventurer details and there's only "Alex" and no gender-specific words:

"An assassin dispatched by the Ilian Church to dispose of Elisanne. The cold-hearted Alex normally carries out missions with machine-like precision, but personal feelings may well get in the way of this one."

And so then I was compelled to look up the adventurer details of all 100+ characters in the game at 2:00 in the morning because who needs sleep when you have gacha grammar and whaddya know, every single character has at least one personal pronoun in it except...

...ALEX.

giphy.gif
At least in the English text I'm pretty sure they use she/her pronouns throughout, in the Japanese version i dont think they are ever used

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

...ALEX.

giphy.gif
d7N6toi.png

I think the jp text doesn't have it though, supposed to be a surprise reveal near the end of the chapter.

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017

Question in Cyber Agents financial briefing that asks about Dragalia's Gacha change, their response is to ask the Publisher, Nintendo, but something extra that Google isn't translating well about sales growing in the future.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Just to re-iterate for potentially new folks, Cyber Agent (parent company of Cygames) =/= Cygames (DL developers), they are two separate companies. Cyber Agent is responsible for scapegoating DL to hide how big of a failure AbemaTV has been for them on top of complaining that Nintendo won't implement more predatory monetization into DL. On the other hand, Cygames have not publicly said anything in regards to DL's financial performance. For all we know, Cygames' views are more in-line with Nintendo considering their generosity with GBF. Just wanted to write this ahead of time since I still see people who mistakenly attribute Cyber Agent's actions to Cygames, which is incorrect.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
i meant that since Cygames has nintendo covering for them, they can be free to do things in a less predatory way. i really think they want to nurture this IP

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
Ok guys, I started to play ! Got Xainfried (Is it good?) and doing missions...
Any good starter tips/guides?

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
Xainfried is alright, he's not the best but he's not rubbish either so if you don't feel like re-rolling don't. One tip is don't spend anything till next update the cost of summoning will be decreased by 20% and Wyrmprints, the images you get instead of the characters and dragons will be removed from the gacha. For a guide continue with the story to chapter 2 and you get to craft weapons which can increase your character stats which are pretty important.

The main end goal for the game so far is to get strong enough to beat High Dragon Trials which are the end game content, it will generally require a maxed out character, weapon, and a special Wyrmprint which you get by completing Imperial Onslaught, which is a mode you unlock further into the story, where you fight a horde of enemies while trying to defeat a boss. Theirs also Void Battles which are bosses, that are easier High Dragon Trials which are used to practice for the HDT, and sometime require crafting weapons with special attributes to beat them.

Last edited:

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Xainfried is weird in that he's not a great unit but is designed for a top end boss fights which wishy washy explained.

Of the 9 starter units, I think Mikoto and Xander are the best, but in general I think sword/katana users are the best in the game atm (with the exception of Naveed)

Oct 26, 2017
Xainfried is weird in that he's not a great unit but is designed for a top end boss fights which wishy washy explained.

Of the 9 starter units, I think Mikoto and Xander are the best, but in general I think sword/katana users are the best in the game atm (with the exception of Naveed)

Naveed has proven his worth for Void Zephyr and will again if they ever decide to do a Fire facility event.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, Notte refers to Alex as she in Alex's character story too

maybe it's more ambiguous in japanese

e: Elisanne does say her chair too

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

Xainfried is one of the few viable adventurers for certain endgame content, so he's decent. Not a super top pick right now, but also not a mediocre one like some of the other possible 9 5*'s. The recent two equip-able Wyrmprint update has made it harder to gauge how good he is (he was borderline mandatory before the change), so it's still somewhat in the air.

Outside of the insistence on re-rolling, I think GamePress has a decent collection of guides, specifically the gameplay section. The tier lists can be hit or miss, so take those with a grain of salt.

Since it's nearing the end of the month, I'd work towards finishing Chapter 7 to unlock Void battles. There's an in-game shop where you trade Void drops for valuable items like 4* dragon unbinding stones or 5* weapon unbind crystals, and these items refresh on the first day of every month. It'd be best to clean out those monthly items, but that's only if you have the time, of course, since it can take a while.

Otherwise, I'd recommend not stressing out about getting all of an event's rewards as a new player. DL has it setup so you can get the exclusive items like new adventurers/dragons/facilities fairly easily. The bigger grind is for late-game stuff that will appear in almost every event, so it's not a big deal to miss out on some when you're just starting out.

i meant that since Cygames has nintendo covering for them, they can be free to do things in a less predatory way. i really think they want to nurture this IP

Oh, your post was fine, if a tad ambiguous. I was basically just ranting because of how many posts I saw on Reddit from those who still conflate Cyber Agent and Cygames xD

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017

I started with Hildegarde helped me to get to in every coop fight I joined when I was just leveling and collecting stuff. I wasn't kicked once eventho I was usually lowest powered unit in coop room regardless of element of fight.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I started with Hildegarde helped me to get to in every coop fight I joined when I was just leveling and collecting stuff. I wasn't kicked once eventho I was usually lowest powered unit in coop room regardless of element of fight.

Yeah, i Should have added that Hiledgarde is probably the top with those other two being dps's choices. It wouldn't surprise me if she was the most chosen sup ticketed/dream summoned character either.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Hildegarde is basically the queen of doing general content as a healer, usable in basically everything that doesn't have strict specialized requirements.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Awesome! Welcome to the game. Xainfried is really good (and is one the 5* that has managed to elude me so far)
One thing I can suggest right now is not to spend any wyrmrite currency yet until Friday when the summoning cost will be permanently lowered

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Of the initial set, only Hawk is unfortunate I feel, with Nef being a little close but having benefitted from dark lacking more permanent units for so long (and still, really).

Xain's maybe someone I've never actively wanted but I also haven't planned to do High Brunhilda; he clearly has a use for that.

Honestly, all the others are still pretty great I feel? Which is nice for new players.

One last summon under the old regime

let's see what I got

DuOIBvz.jpg

makes sense

Banner still lasts another day, doesn't it?

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Of the initial set, only Hawk is unfortunate I feel, with Nef being a little close but having benefitted from dark lacking more permanent units for so long (and still, really).

Xain's maybe someone I've never actively wanted but I also haven't planned to do High Brunhilda; he clearly has a use for that.

Honestly, all the others are still pretty great I feel? Which is nice for new players.

Banner still lasts another day, doesn't it?
Yep.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Just old non-limited banners, no old events :P Though it would be nice to have an idea on how the game is gonna tackle event re-runs eventually for potentially new/returning players coming with the collab/changes who have missed events (especially Accursed Archive). Just having an Archival book with the cutscenes would go a long way I'd say.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah without the special facilities, the characters will be missing on up to 15% power boosts if they're starting now

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dont think there will be a gacha banner honestly. But hoping there is one because more characters the better, princess connect has gacha banners in their collaborations so I dont see why not dragalia lost gets one.

We should know by today reset, all will be reveal in less than 13 hours.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
on reddit they said that maybe we could "earn" more characters by doing event quest, or maybe even exchanging in a trade/friendship
the good thing of this event is that we have absolutely no idea! they can do whatever they fancy

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking there will be a gacha banner and trade ins as well for other stuff tbh.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
There will definitely be new characters released tomorrow. In the small chance that there is no FEH banner I can see some characters from other Cygames games like Forte.

Status
Not open for further replies.