• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Just gonna skip rerolling this time. Sounds like too much of a hassle and I'd rather just save up for whatever the equivalent spark mechanism is.

Oct 25, 2017
Just play for the good characters and use who you have the hots for. Im still powerful in GBF even though I use SRs and others, so good designs and powerful.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
anyway in this game there are no duplicates. if you reroll another version of a character you will get that water to upgrade your existing ones so is not crazy to use whoever you get and trying to not obsess too much with rerolling

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I hope there is a choice for dual language. JP VA is eating all the budget
x0FeWFC.jpg

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I ain't rerolling. I didn't even do that with DB a Legends, and I love Dragon Ball more than like anything. Just gonna work with what I get.

I also really hope there's a JPN VA option as well.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Gacha rates have apparently been datamined, 1% for 5* characters, 0.5% for 5* dragons and 4.5% for 5* wyrmprints. It's pretty much on FGO levels, which is disappointing.
Well, I guess that settles it. I'll re-roll on Nox for a good start, and then let it sit there until the app is released in Canada, so I can bind it to my Nintendo account and transfer it over. I'll just log in each day for the free items, but aside from that, I won't be playing. Here's hoping it won't take too long before it's released here.

Thanks for the OT Einbroch, looks nice!

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I guess that settles it. I'll re-roll on Nox for a good start, and then let it sit there until the app is released in Canada, so I can bind it to my Nintendo account and transfer it over. I'll just log in each day for the free items, but aside from that, I won't be playing. Here's hoping it won't take too long before it's released here.

Thanks for the OT Einbroch, looks nice!
Has it been confirmed that you can't link another region account and play anyway? I know AC was wonky, but FEH worked, didn't it?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Has it been confirmed that you can't link another region account and play anyway? I know AC was wonky, but FEH worked, didn't it?
I'm not sure, FEH was released right away in Canada, haha. If it does work, that'd be great. That way I could instantly link, download/install the game through a US Apple account on my iPhone, transfer my Nox data over, and play. I have a feeling it won't, so I'm kind of planning for the worst, hoping for the best.

If the rates were better, I would have tried re-rolling a few times on my phone (even with the 2GB+ data installs), but given what they are, I definitely want to use something like Nox to save myself from some of the pain.

NyxKiria

Self-Requested Permanent Ban
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I'm not sure, FEH was released right away in Canada, haha. If it does work, that'd be great. That way I could instantly link, download/install the game through a US Apple account on my iPhone, transfer my Nox data over, and play. I have a feeling it won't, so I'm kind of planning for the worst, hoping for the best.

If the rates were better, I would have tried re-rolling a few times on my phone (even with the 2GB+ data installs), but given what they are, I definitely want to use something like Nox to save myself from some of the pain.

If you cant link your canadian nintendo account you can simply change it to US from the my nintendo page.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If you cant link your canadian nintendo account you can simply change it to US from the my nintendo page.
Oh, that works? Do I need to keep it set as US to play the game, though? That'd make buying digital things troublesome. Also, what happens when it's released in Canada? Will I need to keep my Nintendo region set to Canada if I want to play it?

Sorry about all of the questions, I'm just afraid to screw myself over by linking it to my main Nintendo account and then having no way to carry that same progress over when it releases in Canada.

NyxKiria

Self-Requested Permanent Ban
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Oh, that works? Do I need to keep it set as US to play the game, though? That'd make buying digital things troublesome. Also, what happens when it's released in Canada? Will I need to keep my Nintendo region set to Canada if I want to play it?

You probably have to have the region set to US when your playing (though im not 100% sure on that) but you can freely switch the region on your nintendo account (as long as you dont put eshop credits on it) so you could just flip it when you need to buy games if thats the case

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You probably have to have the region set to US when your playing (though im not 100% sure on that) but you can freely switch the region on your nintendo account so you could just flip it when you need to buy games if thats the case
True, it only takes a second to do, but if it becomes permanently linked to the US, and then when it comes to Canada I'm unable to link it to Canada since it's already linked, needing to constantly toggle between regions just to play sounds like a bit of a headache. Given gacha games, it wouldn't surprise me if I'm playing this in a year+ time, so I'd rather it be linked to my current region so I don't need to constantly switch.

At least it's an option though, if I get desperate. I'll probably still wait it out, but it's nice to know these things beforehand. :)

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hate when a game separates currency between ones you earn and ones you buy. That basically tells me that using the paid currency will give special bonuses compared to using the free one. And I wonder if the pricing shown in the Direct will remain the same. It's pretty pricey as is at 980 Diamantium for $20. You need 1500 to roll a multi.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I hate when a game separates currency between ones you earn and ones you buy. That basically tells me that using the paid currency will give special bonuses compared to using the free one. And I wonder if the pricing shown in the Direct will remain the same. It's pretty pricey as is at 980 Diamantium for $20. You need 1500 to roll a multi.
Hope it's just limited to things like guarantee banners you can only pull once on. Pretty standard gacha stuff, and if implemented right is a not-so-painful way to spend a little money and not feel bad about it.

Of course, it can be a total shitshow. Weekly banners with bonus rates for paid currency only, etc. Gross.

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
That would put a multipull at 30ish dollars. About $4-5 more than GBF. Though tbf GBF paid currency gets affected by exchange rates.
Hopefully any Paid Currency Banners are 1 pull only ala scam gacha in GBF.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Hope it's just limited to things like guarantee banners you can only pull once on. Pretty standard gacha stuff, and if implemented right is a not-so-painful way to spend a little money and not feel bad about it.
If I had to guess, this is exactly how it'll be. Paid currency will grant you certain guaranteed banners (that come along every few months or so), where free currency can be used whenever. It's a pretty common system from the gacha games I play (FGO, Alchemist Code, Bang Dream, etc.).

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Since the other thread seems to be doing a pisstake on this game, I thought it would be appropriate to give more positive hype since its coming out in just a few hours.

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
The more I look at the rates, the more I am going to take the first 5* character or dragon I like and bounce. Don't feel like rerolling for hours on end.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I wonder if Cy will capitalize in Being condeveloper by Nintenso and do Nintendo franchises collabs?

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are we expecting this to get the usual Cygamea treatment with the cross media syngery. I could see a Draglia Lost Anime and Switch game doing well

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the game! :D Do we know if it will have multi-login like FEH and GBF? Switching between my iPad and phone on the fly is the best thing for mobile games.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully I can focus on healer characters since I have buds that want to do the other roles but ya know GATCHAS :P

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I have needed a mobile game since PAD which I played for three years. FEH was okay as was Clash Royale but they didn't have gameplay I could really get excited about. This seems like it could be fun. Hoping I enjoy it.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I have needed a mobile game since PAD which I played for three years. FEH was okay as was Clash Royale but they didn't have gameplay I could really get excited about. This seems like it could be fun. Hoping I enjoy it.
PAD was the OG Mobile crack for me, I dropped it but I still boot up the 3ds version now and then for the gameplay

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wont run on Nox by the looks of it. It starts then gives a "This device isnt authorised to play the game" error

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
So I downloaded the app from store. Says servers not up so I guess I have to wait till the game available to download all the data? I thought point of getting beforehand was to avoid slow downloads at launch.

Also do I need to do anything or does just having the app installed before launch mean I get free stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.