• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh Jesus its Mym. I really need to get her. Especially since she will be useful in the raid straight after

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
If anything, Mym's the bait.

People are gonna pull for her, feel good about it for a week or so during the raid, then realize they got yet another fire 5* they have nothing to do with since they're already done HMS.

vs Ieyasu who's not only good in general but one of the few dark 5*s that exist, and Marshiten as still the only full strength 5* dark dragon during a time when they seem hesitant to make full strength 5* dragons

if it wasn't for the fact that as I said, I need the 5* chances Gala brings, the 5*s on Eastern Emissaries are/were probably more important for me to get than most banners

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I want Mym simply because I love her as a character. She could be Elias tier, and I'd still pull for her.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You guys are gonna riot when you blow through everything for Mym, only to not have enough for swimsuits.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Probably, but I hope to be able to save up a bit before the swimsuits inevitably arrive. If not, I'll cry then. Hopefully I'll at least have Mym to comfort me.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Thankfully I can resist the siren call of a summer banner if it's all just waifus in swimsuits

That being said, if they have Naveed or Curran in swimsuits..

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I am not 100% sure on whether to pull or to skip. I really would like Mym and I still have room for one fire character (Verica, Marth, Sarisse are currently used). But I also already have Sarisse. And if anything I need more wind Adventurers (5* Addis and Louise/Hawk as only 5* units).

Maaaaaan. I have work tomorrow before the daily reset, so I can think about it until I get home. I do have 12k wyrmite, 2 tenfolds and 29 singles, so around 170 pulls.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
SKIP. 100% SKIP.

I fucking hate Mym and everything her character stands for. I hate the dumb "instantly falls in love with the MC" shit, I hate her visual design, I hate the fact that she's the only dragon with an inexplicable human form thus far - there is basically nothing about her I don't hate and I wish I could delete her from the entire game, such is the extent of my burning hatred.

Alas, I get to see her showing up in parties everywhere reminding me of why I so often hate Japan's output nowadays. Thanks a lot, Cygames. Thanks a whole lot.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
To be fair Mym had the most character development in chapter 8. While Elisanne was featured she didnt really develop as such and it was mostly because of her connection to Alex.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Ieyasu showed up in a reasonable amount of summons but man this went to the brink. Had enough for a last summon, didn't work. Used the tenfold we got today, didn't work. Read a bunch of peoples life stories and from the jaws of defeat

GIFubJS.jpg

Now I'm gonna save for a while.

Last edited:

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
I've had surprisingly good luck in the previous Galas, so hopefully that'll continue here. I've had horrible luck with the limited banners though (well, I got the dragons, but not the adventurers).

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't gala banners a bit of a waste if you have most of the 5*? The rate of 5* does increase but that doesn't specifically apply to the gala characters right?

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Aren't gala banners a bit of a waste if you have most of the 5*? The rate of 5* does increase but that doesn't specifically apply to the gala characters right?

More or less. If you want a random assortment of dragons and a bunch of eldwater it's pretty good but if you're more keen for dragons they get their own banners with better rates (and focus boosts for some).

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Well I was wrong about Elisanne beine the Gala character. I guess Mym can be my third fire character on both my Sleep and burning fire teams

Oct 25, 2017
I figured that they were going to save Mym for being the first summer character, but hey, I'm not complaining. I've got around 12k wyrmrite saved up for her right now.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Oh god, it's really happening isn't it!

I haven't pulled a single Gala character so I'm praying RNGesus shows me smympathy .
Now I'm praying for buff axe Luca (Luca head on Ranzal Body please!) and swimsuit Cellery.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I'll continue to spend everything on Gala until I pull at least one Gala unit. Time to watch my Wyrmite supply disappear again.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Now that i thunk about it, why would Mym have burn res ?

Stun i get, since HMS deals that, but Burn is dealt by fire enemies, so that is a bit strange on a fire Unit.

Unless they plan on doing more void enemies with mixed add units like the wind shroom that stuns while spawing adds that burn.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017

Stun i get, since HMS deals that, but Burn is dealt by fire enemies, so that is a bit strange on a fire Unit.

Unless they plan on doing more void enemies with mixed add units like the wind shroom that stuns while spawing adds that burn.

It's because of the latest plot chapter. She tanks a huge fireball from another dragon.

Makes sense too. She is a fire dragon.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
200 pull weren't enough to get Ieyasu, I feel bad especially after reaching 7.5% to be pity broken by fucking Pazuzu. Still have 200 saved up for Mym, I can only pray.

I just realized Mym doesn't have sleep resist, which is disappointing since I have neither Naveed or Sarisse.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

It's probably more due to lore reasons than utility.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I know it fits lore wise, but mechanics wise i wonder how they will make it not unusuable.

So far they have had a very good track record of combining lore and utility for unit abilities, with every new 5*, especially Gala ones having their unique(ish) niche.

So i wonder what they have cooking for said future niche that fits mym.

Like maybe the wind defence battle event will have some extra fire spawns, making her a good fit for that.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
You can get burn in the gust shroom fight. I dunno, maybe it will be useful in the future at some point.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The game is still young. I'd find it hard to believe that there will never be an endgame boss/raid/etc. that's wind-element that incurs burn. I know HMS doesn't, but that's not to say things will always stay that way. Cygames are going to want people to pull elements with differing resistances, I don't know why some people expect all high dragon trials will always lean towards a specific set of resistances. When we get chapter two (probably after the first year anniversary), I can see them adding a whole new set of five elemental high dragons, each that inflict different status afflictions than the current five do.

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Still waiting for that wind-element boss with curse affliction to finally give Renelle a fight that's 75% tailor-made for her. lol

(Cygames with their nerfed 3★ abilities, smh. One of my few remaining complaints with the game that's hopefully addressed at some point.)

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
The game is still young. I'd find it hard to believe that there will never be an endgame boss/raid/etc. that's wind-element that incurs burn. I know HMS doesn't, but that's not to say things will always stay that way. Cygames are going to want people to pull elements with differing resistances, I don't know why some people expect all high dragon trials will always lean towards a specific set of resistances. When we get chapter two (probably after the first year anniversary), I can see them adding a whole new set of five elemental high dragons, each that inflict different status afflictions than the current five do.

I think too that at some point we will have weird combinations of element and affliction in events, but right now the primary reasons Mym is like that are HMS and lore.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Im actually kinda hopeful for a phantom character/dragon hybrid soon as well.

as for mym having the burn resistance, it would just be silly if she didn't have it.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Still waiting for that wind-element boss with curse affliction to finally give Renelle a fight that's 75% tailor-made for her. lol

(Cygames with their nerfed 3★ abilities, smh. One of my few remaining complaints with the game that's hopefully addressed at some point.)
Maybe this new adventurer upgrade system coming next month will allow those 3* to get their final 25% resistance?

Good luck to everyone pulling for Mym!

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
At that point, I'd rather they not. If you're paying your way into (potentially) a 6th mana circle, I'd hope you don't have another 25% res node in it instead of an ability, lol...

Also, I don't know why it needs to be endgame content that factors in other res, hah. Like I wonder if the Mercurial Gauntlet will provide some of this soon. Similarly there could be future instances of Alberian Front with afflictions involved, or multi-element Void fights, etc.

sorta looking forward to mid-June, along these lines; don't wanna get my hopes up too much but Gauntlet could neat, and I may end up farming Poseidon if the axe for Lin is good enough

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
How is this game? Heard of it but never played.

Pretty decent if you like the action combat. Biggest unique draws as a game are endgame content that is like mini-MMO raids with the boss mechanics and greater emphasis on characters compared to most gachas I've played (that aren't based on existing IP). It's also more generous compared to most gachas, has a very supportive dev who directly addresses/fixes many issues with the game in a timely fashion, little to no direct powercreep in the last 6 months and purely PvE so no real P2W mechanics or incentives.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Those are definitely additional reasons why I like the game, but not necessarily why I play the game personally :P

Now that Mym's got a Gala, I think it'a actually more likely Luca/Alex get alts next before Eli/Cleo since they already have a Halloween and Dragonyule alt respectively, and they haven't doubled up on alts yet. I'd find it hilarious if our main summer alts are like Luca and Hawk since they still haven't gotten any alts yet. Hunter Hawk with a water lance to go spear fishing with.

Of course, Mym proves we really can't predict what Cygames will do next xD

Oct 25, 2017
Those are definitely additional reasons why I like the game, but not necessarily why I play the game personally :P

Now that Mym's got a Gala, I think it'a actually more likely Luca/Alex get alts next before Eli/Cleo since they already have a Halloween and Dragonyule alt respectively, and they haven't doubled up on alts yet. I'd find it hilarious if our main summer alts are like Luca and Hawk since they still haven't gotten any alts yet. Hunter Hawk with a water lance to go spear fishing with.

Of course, Mym proves we really can't predict what Cygames will do next xD

Get everyone to spend all their wyrmrite on Mym right now, then drop Summer Mym and Summer Elly at the end of June.

Status
Not open for further replies.