• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure the eventual HMC Bane axe will be fine, but the general rule of thumb for V5.3s vs. 5.3s is that if the 5.3 comes with a damage skill then it will beat out the V5.3, with the reverse being true if it does not have a damage skill. So Axe of the Southern Cross should remain the best option for HMC, though the V5.3 will be less expensive and probably still work out.
I was saying it was lame if the 2x didn't stack, but this is also useful info

Particularly cause I am considering a 5t3 water lance but that has a healing, so I am going to side with the HBH void lance

Ive lucked out cause my other 5t3s have damage skills too

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what seems to be the consensus of school maribelle? If I missed a post I'm going to feel really dumb.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So what seems to be the consensus of school maribelle? If I missed a post I'm going to feel really dumb.
Dont think it's been brought up really. Shes about as useful as normal Maribelle, which is to say shes a great powerful character. probably even more so if you can get Konohana Sakuya with how well it works with her kit

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

I think less people are pulling right now, since we're right after limited + Gala (and some, like me, may be pulling less in general due to wanting more stuff in the pool). So I think it's a similar situation to Sylas, where people were saving for the FE banner and so we didn't have a lot of impressions of him for another week or so.

Impressions before she was out were along the lines of "good, but not amazing seeming", IIRC; not sure if that was the case or not.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
The DPS Sim has been updated with Student Maribelle and she's a top 5 Fire DPS on there. She's ahead of Gala Mym on the regular tab but with dragon taken into account Mym is better. But Maribelle is right there at #5, the only non-limited Fire character above her is Mikoto.

So she's pretty darn good!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The DPS Sim has been updated with Student Maribelle and she's a top 5 Fire DPS on there. She's ahead of Gala Mym on the regular tab but with dragon taken into account Mym is better. But Maribelle is right there at #5, the only non-limited Fire character above her is Mikoto.

So she's pretty darn good!

...doesn't that mean she's only better than Naveed and Ezelith (among 5*)? Which isn't saying much, haha.

But it's true that she benefits from not being limited, regardless.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was only wondering if she's good enough to replace elizith from the party since I have marth, valentine's healer and gala sarisse. Seems that way though.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I actually don't think I've seen her in-game yet, haha. I'd imagine this banner isn't attracting much attention. A new starred Fire unit immediately following the Mym Gala didn't seem like the best idea.

I used a single single ticket and got the Nurse - exactly who I was looking for.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was saying it was lame if the 2x didn't stack, but this is also useful info

Particularly cause I am considering a 5t3 water lance but that has a healing, so I am going to side with the HBH void lance

Ive lucked out cause my other 5t3s have damage skills too

That healing skill on the lance is a heal all in the vicinity and has saved lives many a time in high brunhilda though. It's also great to use at the beginning after the HP check so you don't get thrown back after Fjorm's counter.

Last edited:

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I actually don't think I've seen her in-game yet, haha. I'd imagine this banner isn't attracting much attention. A new starred Fire unit immediately following the Mym Gala didn't seem like the best idea.

Me neither.

After the 1-2 punch of Ieyasu and Gala Mym, I can't imagine many are pulling for a permanent alt costume, either because they blew it all already or they're waiting for something better.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That and a choice ticket banner has already been datamined which included the new dragon. Lots of people are skipping this banner.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So close to hitting the 25000 Might threshold with my mixed element team.
If I could get 1 more Agni/unbind for Marth, I think I'd break it.

My Sword and Lance facilities are only like 21 though, Wand is at 29.
Stuck on Dyrenells here.
My Fafnirs are also pretty low, since I only really started doing High Dragons last month.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
That and a choice ticket banner has already been datamined which included the new dragon. Lots of people are skipping this banner.

To be fair, I think alot of people did go in for Aeleen.

New Maribelle is actually quite solid according to blues, its just alot of people probably have stacked fire teams and she would be a sidegrade/slight upgrade to mym/sarisse depending on what you want (skill damage cohab is just really good).

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
JbrKH4x.jpg
2 Twinkling Grains from one drop, woop

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Got the clear on the 2nd try after the 1st one ended with an incredibly tiny sliver of health. Euden ended up dying but I'm not entirely sure how that happened.

Sinoa is the closest thing to a waifu for me in this game because of her random buff skill, so I'm not gonna replace her with S! Maribelle. I also think she works better with Sarisse thanks to giving out up to 4 different buffs. On top of that, Sinoa works better with Sakuya in my situation for this raid since I'm giving her Bellathorna/King's Countenance, so she can still have decent skill damage while having two utility prints.

Edit: In Nightmare, if the Erratic Orb goes off, don't swipe, just let your character fall to the ground and slowly get back up. What happened to me is that swiping while in the air makes you lose I-frames and get hit again, so you end up taking massive damage/potentially die if you don't just let the i-frames save you after the first hit.

Last edited:

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up buying 12x King's Countenance Wyrmprints to raise my Might above 19k to find more stable groups for Nightmare. I did finally complete it with a public group; everyone having 3x MUB King's Countenance or Dragon Arcanum really is key.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm still not quite sure how to really max out my strength. Like my fully maxed out unit tops up around 4000.

What am I missing exactly?

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I love that I have 6000+ characters of every element, and 20000+ teams for every type of raid.
It feels so good carrying 1000ish characters in Imperial Onslaught and 8000ish teams in raids.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'd absolutely lean buildings first, get those to the reasonable levels (30/30 altars, 16/16 dojos). Then it's probably 4.3/5.2 weapons, maxed 4* dragons, etc.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So I'm still not quite sure how to really max out my strength. Like my fully maxed out unit tops up around 4000.

What am I missing exactly?

6 Ways to raise an adventurer's Strength via personal character and their slots

Adventurer Level
Mana Circle up to 50
Weapon Level
Dragon Level
Wyrmprint Level
Dragon Bond

On top of that, 30/30 Elemental altars and 16/16 weapon dojo (16th level provides the biggest boost, everything past that is sizably grind-ier), as well as Slime statues from the Void Trade Shop for flame/water adventurers.

A 5* Tier 3 Core Weapon is probably the biggest grindable Might boost.

Here's an example with my Euden on my F2P no pulls alt that I'm using for the raid. Since my dragon is welfare, the stat boosts are less than a 4* MUB dragon. Altars/Dojo's are all level 30 and slime statue is level 15.

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
it's so GOOD when you're paired with people who know how to deal a fight.
No orbs left charged, all monkeys dead when summoned, stomped the nightmare raid with 55s remaining,

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
water and grain today, compared to yesterday's clover + ore + a grain dropping... got it the first try again, at least

leder

Oct 25, 2017
For there being supposedly so many good Fire units, I only seen the same ~6 in raids every single time. Makes me want to promote someone just to stand out.

Last edited:

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
I run two swords now (Marth/Euden), and lead with Mym

I sometimes switch to Euden to do the tap, tap, Force Strike during Overdrive, but most of the time I use Mym to kill orbs, and the CPUs do a good job of steadily lowering the OD bar

I recommend it if you have 2 5* fire swords

Last edited:

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
After all the pain yesterday of trying to clear Nightmare; I cleared it easily with my first public group today. I think the "Orbs/Monkeys = Bad" messaging is getting through to the player base.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
There's two ways I would consider balancing most Raid teams - by Co-Abilities, or by Defense Down/Proximity Damage Up effects.

With Co-Abilities, you're looking to stack four offensive Co-Abilities if you don't have survival issues, which most players shouldn't as the damage in this fight is tied mostly to attacks that happen if the group fails to destroy an orb. Sword/Blade/Dagger/Wand/Bow have the relevant Co-Abilities for offense, while Lance/Axe are for survival and Staff is largely useless (healing comes mostly from Dragons and Shields in a Raid).

With buffs/debuffs, you're generally looking for guaranteed or high-odds Defense Down. It stacks all the way to -50% Defense (which is double damage!), and helps the damage of all 16 members in the Raid, no questions asked. The next best thing is area-effect offensive buffing like Attack Up or Crit Rate/Damage Up. The problem with buffs from a source like Sinoa or Elisanne is that they only apply to your party of four - not a big deal if you've got the best party in the room, but something to keep in mind. When it comes to area effect buffs such as Odetta's second skill, you can hit as many targets as you can get near - including all of the player controlled characters if they're all focusing on hitting a specific target like an orb.

I'm running Marth/Vanessa/BowEzelith/XuanZang myself, with a strong lead (MUB 5* Elemental Sword with MUB Cerberus) and three AI that can apply Defense Down. Since I don't own or expect to own Sarisse anytime soon, I have BowEzelith maxed out for the huge Skill Haste Co-Ability, and Vanessa is maxed as my go-to HMS character. I end up around 30% Dragon Prep/21.5k Might if I don't bloat with my two MUB Phoenix (0UB Cerberus and 0UB Agni are my #3-4 options, worth about 400 less Might each), and in the ballpark of 9000 total Strength.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Sorry I don't know how to properly tag you. Just wanted to say it was nice and smooth doing the Nightmare raid with you in that random lobby. I think we had about a minute left on it.

Ended up getting a grain from my grand bounty but then found a golden fragment in my rewards screen so that was a nice surprise.

Haha, didn't even notice since I'm half-asleep at the moment. Yeah, was a really quick run. Everyone seemed to know what they were doing, which is definitely what matters most for Nightmare raids.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if this is common knowledge; but I saw in the comments of the latest Dragalia Foundry video that you can adjust your raid view by going to (Settings -> Game), turning off "Camera Shake" / "Camera Redistancing" / "Camera Settings during Skills" and pinching the field to zoom out during the raid. This let's you see most of the Raid Map making it easier to track down those pesky monkeys.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
You can leave camera shake on.

Otherwise, that's stuff I learned back during the very first raid, haha. Dunno how it would feel to have those on at this point... it zooms in way too much...

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
You can leave camera shake on.

Otherwise, that's stuff I learned back during the very first raid, haha. Dunno how it would feel to have those on at this point... it zooms in way too much...
Having the default options on has the game zooming in so much that it makes the Monkeys' current status a guessing game.

I came back during the Waltz With Fate event and wish I had figured this out sooner.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
Whats a good set to run on Lin You for High Mercury? I have a wind axe, a MUB Roc, and almost 2 lv 100 prints but still only get about 2.4k strength when I heard the minimum is 2.7k

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Whats a good set to run on Lin You for High Mercury? I have a wind axe, a MUB Roc, and almost 2 lv 100 prints but still only get about 2.4k strength when I heard the minimum is 2.7k

I guess I haven't looked into building Lin just yet myself (waiting to see what void weapon is like, and if a dream summon is indeed soon I might just grab Maribelle anyway?), and most pubs are pretty up there, but I've not heard of a 2.7k minimum. Obviously more strength is better but that doesn't seem ridiculously low.

I'm guessing the difference would be Zephyr, though? Which you'd probably want to go for if you can.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
I guess I haven't looked into building Lin just yet myself (waiting to see what void weapon is like, and if a dream summon is indeed soon I might just grab Maribelle anyway?), and most pubs are pretty up there, but I've not heard of a 2.7k minimum. Obviously more strength is better but that doesn't seem ridiculously low.

I'm guessing the difference would be Zephyr, though? Which you'd probably want to go for if you can.
Yea I don't have a MUB Zephyr so I went with Roc, hopefully I can get a clear like this

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I started this game 2 days ago and it was going really good and I was enjoying it and getting addicted but now im hitting some walls and while that is fine, i dont feel much progression in the game. Already leveled dragons, advents wyrmprints, crafted new weapons and unbinded them, have 4 workers all building new stuff as I go, doing raids in expert dificulty and cleared most of the event contents.
I get stuck here and there because obviously i dont have dedicated teams for each elements so i am going forth and back to hard mode and normal mode of quests to slowly progressing, atm at chapter 7 of normal mode, and saved 12k wyrmites because I feel no need to pull anything so far.

The rest of the game is just a shore doing raids on co op over and over and over to level up and do another 3/4 quests and repeat raids over and over and over.
I know I have some events like advent power and some of the IO's i believe thats what they are called, but didn't clear all of them yet but I mostly just clear the daily chest bonus.

My point is, should I hope to unlock any other content worthwhile doing late game or this is pretty much the game?

I enjoy the graphics, combat (very simple, even in raids, and I know it gets harder in nightmare dificulty) the sound and music is nice, everything looks on point even the building system which can be quite addicting, but is there anything else that might keep me going? Because Its my old second day and i'm already finding repetitive.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Kung-Fu Masters and Resounding rendition. Dojos are both lv 15

Well, they should be 16/16 by default, so you have a lot of room to improve them.

Do you have maxed altars + wind shrine? If so, it looks like with 2 maxed 5* prints, you'd already hit 2.5k at 17/17 even with her only having 45 mana. Though I don't think RR is actually the recommended 2nd print for her; pretty sure Flower in the Fray is what's recommended, which means you'd drop down a bit due to the 4* print.

Regardless- I don't think you'll inherently drag the team down/need to be outright carried and such, but I do think you might need to make sure the rest of the team is stacked in comparison, and (as always) you'll want to make sure you're playing as best you can. And do note we'll probably get a wind slime facility very soon and that'll help somewhat too; that's a nice 4% bonus. Beyond that... well, MUB Zephyr with Flower, 45 mana, 17/17, etc. does hit 2.8k.

Status
Not open for further replies.