• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
My Altars were going to hit max on the 28th; looks like CyGames doesn't want the grind to end.

I'm glad the new Adventurer/Wyrmprint/Dragon upgrades aren't locked behind 50MC or MUB. I was starting to worry they might implement an upgrade system like KHUx that would throw off the balance for old and new players.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I was actually nearly done with dojos, possibly finishing off the gold coin grind during double IO drops. The coin trade is a godsend, and I have tons of insignias to funnel into upgrades assuming my 21k store of bronze coins can last me a while through the trade. I wonder if my elemental orb savings will be enough to max out my altars again. I know I'm a little short on things like water and fire. (whereas I have like 3500 wind orbs)

Getting +250 HP and Strength by upgrading your character/weapon/dragon/both wyrmprints is pretty crazy. And this is base stats, so I assume you really get +75 HP/Strength from dragons and elemental weapons and then it all will get modified by your dragon aura so it'll be a huge jump if you really max everything out. I hope that by the time the new upgrades drop we have an idea of who the next High Dragon will be because I'd probably want to focus my upgrades on the character I'll be using for that fight since I certainly don't need like 400~ more strength to clear all the stuff I can already handle.

I'm not quite at your point, but I do have 25/25 at minimum on my dojos now and have nearly 10k bronze coins, of which I need barely half of for the insignias I currently have. Of course, I won't trade down any until we see how the new drop rates combined with 2x events go as I'm going to need to set new goals for my insignias, but it should be very helpful as long as the conversion rate is decent. Don't think I'm gonna be making any ridiculous boosts in levels at this point, but it'll keep me less bottlenecked for some amount of time at least.

Just unfortunate that dark's 2x is inexplicably the day before the change. Since staff's currently 30/30 for me anyway, I'd selfishly rather light go first as I don't think I'll need to push that further soon. Of course, I don't need to push daggers too high right now anyway, but it's at least slightly more worthwhile...

Also, I think orbs might not actually too bad. I'd forgotten how little it actually cost per level compared to other facilities- even level 30 for altars only cost 150 bronze, 12 silver, 3 gold. Unless they harshly escalate that immediately at level 31, I think converting down silver/gold orbs is probably going to easily cover a lot of it.

And people were theorizing on Discord last night the upgrades might only be +10/+10 on each stat, since there are 5 things upgraded and it would be +50/+50 total. That's not what the wording made me think personally, but it's not clear because they never go >+20 in the screenshots and it would really be a ridiculous jump if it's +250 base stats. Yet +10/+10 would be kinda lackluster; even being able to focus +20 on one might not add up very much. Guess we'll see.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This new update will make getting the Gush Shroom and Violet Ghost epithets more feasible too.

Also, here's where I'm at pre-update:

All elemental altars - level 30 max
Sword and Wand Dojos - level 30 max
Staff Dojos - level 29
Lance Dojos - levels 28 and 25
Bow Dojos - levels 23 and 22
Axe Dojos - level 16
Dagger Dojos - levels 17 and 16
Blade dojo - levels 13 and 12
Fire, Water, and Wind Dracoliths -- level 20 max
Wind Fafnir - level 21
Water Fafnir - level 13
Flame Fafnir - level 10
Magma, Aqua, and Aero Slime Statues - level 15 max

Missing sweet retreat bonus facility

Facility level 1117. Started playing at end of october after the halloween facility event.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Let's see...

All altars at level 30, maxed
Staff Dojos - 30/30, maxed
Sword Dojos - 27/27
Wand Dojos - 26/26
Dagger, Axe, Blade, Lance, Bow Dojos - 25/25
Flame Dracolith - 20, maxed
Wind Dracolith - 16
Water Dracolith - 15
Wind Fafnir - 11 (probably 12 soon, did a few runs yesterday for the first time in a while and I have friends who want to start running that I'll be helping)
Water Fafnir - ...let's buy this finally, I've just been stockpiling orbs, so... 1
Flame Fafnir - does not exist
Magna, Aqua Slimes - 15
Aero Slime - 14, so will join them soon, just build times
All event facilities 30, maxed

Facility level 1158, playing from launch.

EDIT: actually, since aero slime is still building 14, maybe that's 1159?

Last edited:

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I've got:

All altars maxed
All Dojos maxed except Dagger Dojos at 27/27
Rupie Mines maxed
Dragon tree maxed
All event facilities maxed
Fire and Water Slime Statues maxed
Wind Slime is on its way to 15
All dracoliths maxed (and enough Jupiter spheres stockpiled to max the one we'll probably get with Chapter 9)
Wind Fafnir on the way to 30
Fire Fafnir on the way to 15
Water Fafnir 18

Facility level is 1275, or 1278 once the three buildings under construction finish.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just got 5 high brunhilda orbs from defeating it (no weekly bonus). I never knew it could drop 5!

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Yay, got my million gales. Don't know what to farm now while I'm waiting for the IO drop buffs though...

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I just got 5 high brunhilda orbs from defeating it (no weekly bonus). I never knew it could drop 5!

I didn't realize they could drop 5 either until I was farming extra HMS orbs to hit MUB right before Mercury dropped. I guess I'd never noticed since I wasn't really ever doing extra runs before then, and so just looked at the weeklies and assumed 2 for the regular?

I've seen it here and there since. I'm not sure if I've seen 4 though, is the weird thing, I think just 2/3/5? Hmm.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Looked through my screenshots of the orb drops and yeah, I guess I got 4 one time about a month back. So it's fully 2-5, I guess.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
You can get any of 2-5 orbs. Two are guaranteed, and then the other three probably have around 15-20% chance each to drop.

----------

As a followup, I did decide to start learning HMC from scratch (no guides) Sunday. I ran Prelude in Co-Op which wasn't too bad, but my wife's Melody wasn't able to keep up. Given that there's little reason to bring Lowen to Prelude, its understandable, but it meant she would have to go in cold unless we practiced in private rooms.

So today I decided to host some practice HMC rooms for the first time, on a nearly maxed Lin You | MUB Long | 2863 Str setup, though I'm missing a few Dracolith levels. They ran for about two hours, most of them with under-geared DPS and a Lowen, but there were a few times where the DPS joining were legitimate. I was able to go 4 minutes deep into the fight twice, and one of those times was a 0:05 1-man clear. I still need to get my wife's Melody up to speed once she has a day off to focus on it, so I wanted to get some advance practice and am pretty happy with what I was able to learn.

HMC does seem easier at face value than HMS if you ignore the doubled HP, but the fight is full of "gotcha!" moments that are annoying. Knowing when the whirlpools hit seems key, and the sphere mechanic is a small weakness of mine since I rely almost exclusively on rolling for precise movement. I don't feel like I understand the hitbox for spitballs as a melee DPS yet, so I'm probably overly dodging those instead of completing combos.

The top left of the map appears to be a safe zone from whirlpool, and I've seen most melee DPS try to bait it in that direction, so I assume that's an established PUG meta.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It's established meta to the point that people will quit if it's fucked up at the start, as a heads up.

But yeah, you seem to have the gist of it. I can't offer much melee advice since this Sunday's when I should finally try it as Lin myself; I've prepped a little for it but want this week's 2x farming to be done to see if I need to buy/key KFM and such or if any will drop.

along those lines, got to 35 in Gauntlet... I bought 2UB Bridal Dragon and used that with full dragon prep; my problem is that I don't want to spend more water/keys on the last 2 unbinds (I was about to, then checked Discord and saw that it apparently isn't that good of a print even on Mym) when I could spend 24k instead of the 18k and have Elly for every element instead...

well, the bigger problem is that there's no easy way to lower Marth's HP a bitso he can always boost; I beat 34 with him using Pele but he kinda needs to go up to at least 1 UB Cerberus going forward to help my strength, but I'm still screwed if Sinoa buffs def first

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
are drops somehow tied to who your leader is? Because i've gotten the same 5* dagger to drop 3 times now but no other weapon drops...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
are drops somehow tied to who your leader is? Because i've gotten the same 5* dagger to drop 3 times now but no other weapon drops...

There's only 3 weapons (sword, dagger, bow) in the drop table, which reflects the 3 associated 5* wind units (Wedding Eli, Wedding Aoi, Louise) for the event. It's a 1 in 3 each time you see a rare weapon drop.

Last edited:

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
There's only 3 weapons (sword, dagger, bow) in the drop table, which reflects the 3 associated 5* wind units (Wedding Eli, Wedding Aoi, Louise) for the event. It's a 1 in 3 each time you see a rare weapon drop.

aaaah there you go, that explains that. I was wondering why I kept getting daggers specifically. Thanks!

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
aaaah there you go, that explains that. I was wondering why I kept getting daggers specifically. Thanks!

Just hope that you get very many 5* drops, cause you need them if you plan to enhance those weapons. I have a very long and expensive plan for Bows. But this newest facility event is bad for weapon drops compared to Water facility event few months ago (which was my first event) where it was raining 5* weapons.

Still I couldn't get enough weapons to get it to last tier. You need absurd amounts of dupes (and other mats) to make element 5* weapon from dropped weapons.

Finally few weeks ago I got the bow (Water element for Laranoa) to Tier III. But no way I can limit break it for long time :D. I have 4 stones I could use to limit break it, but saving them for some other weapon.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
110263_01.png
Ramona looks like a Fire/Axe unit to me.
(Wonder if she is going to join Elisanne's harem)

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Some of you might be aware of this but I don't think its been brought up in this thread so here it is:

DO NOT spend your stamina/wings refreshes on Double Drop IO tomorrow!

While the event will start up tomorrow, the adjustment to coin and insignia drop rates will not go into effect until the 28th. If you are planning on using some honey or ashes to farm IO to work on your Dojos some more please save your resources until after the update, unless you really desperately want Shadow Insignias.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Its not as if there's anything else too pressing to farm right now, that's more just for players who are hoarding consumables. Which is probably a lot of players, but not me.

We don't know how much the rate is going up anyway. Based on the ridiculous treatment Avenue to Fortune got (6000g->9000g->20000g->60000g per run) I would assume an absurd buff, but that would mean Cygames is doubling down hard on the post-Ch9 content, and that would be a shame. Power/Fortune/Ruins/DTs were largely power crept to being dailies-only unless you had a very specific need like Dismantle spam, and I'd hate to see the same happen to Imperials this early in DL's lifespan.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This wedding castle story is amazing lol, love how many characters are getting involved. I can totally see this being a totally crazy episode of a Dragalia Lost anime. Loved Curran showing up and making everyone cringe again

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
More stories really need to make use of the full cast like this. Also it's nice to see Philia was remembered because I thought she would have been a sho in for the bridal banner.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
As a new player of DL, any advice on what I should spend my friendship bracelets on from this wind facility event? I'm not necessarily looking to continue grinding event currency with more event wyrmprints.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
iirc you gotta prioritize champion testaments, regular testaments, key fragments, crystal fragments, the blue bricks, eld and holy water, prolly that order

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh I would strongly deprioritize knight's testaments. You'll get tons over time and it's not like you should be actively using them early on or anything, so that's a waste over other stuff you might actually use. Get them if you have the currency to spare after everything else you want, but honestly it's mostly just in case they let us trade them for champions or other stuff later.

I think I would maaaaaybe say:

champion > crystal > key fragment > bricks > eldwater > consecrated water > fruit > knight

What I've bolded is what you would actually use early on, and even then it's probably mostly the eldwater + upgrade items since champions' only matter if you have 5*s to use them on and you'll want a 4.3 before you start using bricks anyway. It's just still more valuable long-term to get them and the 1/10 unbind items + the bricks.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
a new player may not have that many regular testaments

but later on... yeah, i am at 35 of them.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, a new player equally has nothing to do with Knight's testaments, so it doesn't matter how many they have?

To begin with, there's no actually reason to do it beyond High Dragons and such. Which a new player isn't going to be doing. Even if they rush right for HMS, they're not going to be doing it before a couple more things that give them have happened. Promote your faves if you want, but it's bad advice for a new player.

Especially as on top of that, new players don't have any prints from gacha (at most, they can just dump level-up stamina/wings into things that drop prints). So their eldwater should really start going to that before they think about arbitrarily promoting. You only need 1-2 per character when you eventually want to promote anyway, so even if you miss the first couple there's not exactly going to be a lack of them by the time it's fair to consider it.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I stopped building today so I can time all my altar level ups at the same time tonite. Also cause I want to save coins to further build my sword and wands. Made it to level 1126 before the change tonite. Figure I'll do all the altars first before going back to dojos. This will give me I guess 2+ weeks to gather more coins. Then after the dojos I'll go back to fafnirs, since they provide so little -- which is good cause I'll have time to gather more material for them in the 3 weeks.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
i guess we will get a teaser for the next event tomorrow. The question being whether it's summer time or not. At this point the more likely element for the next banner is either shadow (still no 5* with blind resist) or water. A summer banner being water related seems obvious but seasonal are usually facility events so it may only come in the second half of July.
In any case we need some strong banners for the next month because this one has been the weakest by far revenue-wise. Swimsuit and gala should do the trick though (and maybe a shadow banner with Forte).

The datamined Dream Summon will probably comes in the next few days as well.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
By Shadow Zethia you mean
Future Zethia
? She would need to appear again in the story but unless there is a twist the next chapter will be centered on Chelle and the White Sparrow.

I guess Chapter 10 in September is a possibility....

Edit: Added spoiler just to be safe.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
By Shadow Zethia you mean Future Zethia? She would need to appear again in the story but unless there is a twist the next chapter will be centered on Chelle and the White Sparrow.

I guess Chapter 10 in September is a possibility....
That's the one.

I can just see them releasing the final of the "first chapter" to coincide with the anniversary, and Shadow Zethia's prominence (I hope this isn't a spoiler, if so I'll edit and tag it as such).

Regardless, I know they'll make it something good.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped building today so I can time all my altar level ups at the same time tonite. Also cause I want to save coins to further build my sword and wands. Made it to level 1126 before the change tonite. Figure I'll do all the altars first before going back to dojos. This will give me I guess 2+ weeks to gather more coins. Then after the dojos I'll go back to fafnirs, since they provide so little -- which is good cause I'll have time to gather more material for them in the 3 weeks.

...somehow I keep forgetting we're getting new altar levels too, like I'm thinking about coins more than I'm thinking about 31+ for dojos anyway but I keep forgetting there's going to be that as well

like "hmm now I can get 26/25->27/27 lances slightly faster to barely help Mym with 1% strength" when I could be thinking about, what, 3% total more for everyone

good news is that, totally by accident, despite having 3 things building I'll have one end in a few hours and then another should be done right at reset, with the final one done in the morning, so I can easily refocus on altars while I figure out the new coin situation

probably going hard on fire and wind right away, to help with MG/maybe finally fully freeing Ifrit Sinoa for the occasional HMS run, and to help Lin a bit as I start using her for Mercury

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Imperials getting buffed tomorrow and yet I'm stuck going in hard for Shadow 2x today, even though Shadow Insignias are not high on my list at the moment.

Why? Somehow my previous Imperial farming has been biased against Wand Tablets, when I have ~800 Axe Tablets and >1000 all other Tablets, with >3000 Staff Tablets. I've run dry, and my current+next MUB 5* Elementals are planned for Wand. Fire Imperials are a better source, but not when Shadow is at 2x drop rate.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm grinding Shadow IO on my alt to at least 200 insignias so I don't have to worry about that when making a 5.3 for Alex

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm doing just, let's say, 100 stamina from honey, and that's it? I do need a little more to hit enough for 28/28 daggers, but I already got close enough with just the naturally restoring energy today that I'll hit it with that.

If it weren't for the change, I'd maybe aim to have it so I have enough normal insignias for the dragon print without converting royals. But that's kinda nominal when I am accounting for that conversion before I build anyway, so I already have as much as I need.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
I will never understand gacha players and their lust for Foresight EX/Datamining. I was hoping to avoid most of that by playing a game with just one server.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh didn't know people were icky about datamines since it's been done here for awhile. Spoiler tagged it.

Status
Not open for further replies.