• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm the one who made it, it is no leak. All the reasoning I've said are based on past events of what the producer does and what has been already announced so it's quite accurate beside my last point assumption.

You might want to go tell them that then, hah. Because people keep calling it a "leak"...

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Just run actual offensive characters and move to an edge when you trigger Demolished, it isn't that hard. Oh, and maybe don't stay in EX rooms where everyone is 20k+ Might, I kinda like that room filters are getting punished for once.

For Expert, just don't host full rooms. I would suggest Solo but the value is too great to bother with 1:30-2:00 clears, so instead just lock the room whenever anyone joins. 2-3 team clears are generally safe.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

Shishimai's basket can break twice for more loot, but it requires him to regenerate his box after you destroy it once. When a room is too strong, like everyone is 20K+ Might, then he dies too quickly for the box to regenerate, so you effectively miss out on some potential loot. Some veterans purposefully weaken themselves to give Shishimai more time to get his second box active even in full rooms.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I'm the one who made it, it is no leak. All the reasoning I've said are based on past events of what the producer does and what has been already announced so it's quite accurate beside my last point assumption.
You might want to go tell them that then, hah. Because people keep calling it a "leak"...

Yeah, this took a life of its own, its getting spread to other discords (and I"m party to blame!)

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I did see some shutting down of it in the Reddit one's meta channel when I checked earlier, at least. But it's definitely spreading.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Shishimai's basket can break twice for more loot, but it requires him to regenerate his box after you destroy it once. When a room is too strong, like everyone is 20K+ Might, then he dies too quickly for the box to regenerate, so you effectively miss out on some potential loot. Some veterans purposefully weaken themselves to give Shishimai more time to get his second box active even in full rooms.

oooh well joke's on them, my all-dark team is only 8k might anyway!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
People are so well-trained to destroy the box that they refuse to attack the main boss on Nightmare causing me to continually time out, despite the rewards being the same as Expert. :/

Oh well, it's still the first day. I'm sure it'll get less frustrating as it goes on.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
He's definitely humanoid, but basically all the humanoid dragons are similar to 3* dragons as babies/kids.

Garuda/Cupid

Sakuya

Marishiten

Jeanne

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yaten in Dragalia Life is super funny, a very simple joke but it works

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Fortune From Afar Nightmare made my Dream Summon choice between Heinwald and Cupid easy. Grabbing Heinwald and his 5T3 allowed my raid team for the first time to qualify for the 20k+ might club with on-elment/full-dprep. I've avoided those 20k+ lobbies in prior raids because it felt wrong to join with Adventurers using off-element 5T3 weapons.

For Nightmare: Is it best to use Silke's Dragon Form on an AI unit for her Defense Down ability or stick with Marishiten/Juggernaut's Dragon Form on your main DPS unit for more damage?

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
The network issues happening today are actually amazing since the fight will start before you get disconnected and then all 16 characters will follow your lead and you can guarantee breaking the box twice.

Please never fix this, Cygames.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
This nightmare raid boss has been much more pleasant for me compared to the constant failures I had with the others. Setting room conditions to shadow-only and 20k-20.5k might seems to do the trick, as both today and yesterday I cleared on the first try while breaking both baskets. I hope this success continues for the duration of the event. lol

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
The biggest problem with Nightmare is players bringing 2+ Bleed characters each on top of Marishiten. Bleed only stacks three times (with a base 80% proc rate) among the entire raid. Its almost as bad a hit to your DPS as bringing Heinwald, or worse, any other healer.

I'm guilty of this myself because I'm still waiting on a 0-death clear while my AI Ieyasu keeps finding ways to die, so I haven't been willing to give up my 50 Mana Circle Sazanka's Co-Ability for my 40 Mana Circle Curran yet.

The network issues happening today are actually amazing since the fight will start before you get disconnected and then all 16 characters will follow your lead and you can guarantee breaking the box twice.

Please never fix this, Cygames.

Airplane mode. Or don't run with four players on Expert.

stalfos

Oct 27, 2017
For Nightmare: Is it best to use Silke's Dragon Form on an AI unit for her Defense Down ability or stick with Marishiten/Juggernaut's Dragon Form on your main DPS unit for more damage?
Assuming we have dprep, I use marishiten right at the start for the strong bleed, then use silke for every transformation after that since the boss is pretty much always at 3 bleed stacks

If you happen to have shinobi that's a good choice too for the team energize (and because his dragon form is strong af), but I don't so meh

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It took me like an hour on Discord yesterday but I got "today's" in some tries after reset. The worst part of that was getting incredibly close several tries in a row, with a lot of room for improvement, but each time everyone leaving, or the host killing it. Like... you really don't think we could do slightly better and would rather get entirely new people instead, lol?

I hope people learn to bunch up to make the bamboo buffs easier to get over time. Feels like easily stacking+doubling the buffs may be important, or at least it felt like that for our Discord runs. It's good to rush for the box but that can drop them further back and not let you hit him at the same time, so I feel like sticking to his side at first is better. And meanwhile, I have no clue why people still rush up right to his face, where the tops spawn...

I'm also maining Natalie and... wonder if it's worth it. I splurged and bought + upgraded Tough Love 2UB for her, which was probably a bad idea motivated by seeing random Discord chat, but w/e. Also made MUB 5.2 blade on the dark path as I only had a 5.2.0 one otherwise, and am not quite at the point of making another 5.3 on a whim, but she'd be the only character I have who would really get a T3 blade, so yeah. I really like using her, but it's hard to ever get her skill 2 strength buff off when I need Hilde to heal Botan/Curran. Not to mention her skill 1 can act really bizarrely here due to how arbitrary the end location feels; it can be risky to use when it sometimes ends up teleporting me through him at a time when I need to be on one side and can't easily run/FS back.

I'd just switch to Curran, but now I worry that having her as AI will result in skill-2 based suicide...

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
I've been bringing Ieyasu/Sazanka/Botan/Veronica already knowing about the bleed cap, since those are the only Shadow characters that I've invested into currently. Nightmare runs still go smoothly, and usually have around a minute left even with others bringing their own 2+ bleed characters.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
I've been bringing Ieyasu/Sazanka/Botan/Veronica already knowing about the bleed cap, since those are the only Shadow characters that I've invested into currently. Nightmare runs still go smoothly, and usually have around a minute left even with others bringing their own 2+ bleed characters.

But are you joining open rooms, or 18k+ Shadow Might only rooms?

Nightmare isn't balanced to be difficult for veteran teams, but when the veterans segregate themselves, it gives the general playerbase a hard time to clear. The community "requirements" on places like Reddit have always been absurd.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017

Nightmare isn't balanced to be difficult for veteran teams, but when the veterans segregate themselves, it gives the general playerbase a hard time to clear. The community "requirements" on places like Reddit have always been absurd.
They need to remove "Up For Anything" for rooms with might conditions to give Quick Play rooms a chance at better teams comps. It's especially annoying when I get put into a 18k+ requirement Expert Raid when lower might players could really use the help.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
They need to remove "Up For Anything" for rooms with might conditions to give Quick Play rooms a chance at better teams comps. It's especially annoying when I get put into a 18k+ requirement Expert Raid when lower might players could really use the help.

I agree.

The bypass in the meantime is to queue with a lower Might team that includes non-Shadow characters, then quick swap to your actual team once in a room.

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017

Ah, thought you just meant Nightmare in general using multiple bleeders making it harder. I've been lazy and just hit quickplay for all Nightmare runs so far and completed some mixed 16k-20k+ rooms.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
What do y'all think is the minimal requirement for folks to clear Nightmare? Want to host my own pub rooms since I have a pretty stacked team for a little bit of carrying but I'm not sure what the floor should be.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Its going to depend heavily on each player's knowledge and willingness to cluster bamboo drops, but I see no reason why three 15k teams and one stacked team can't get clears, if the players are good enough.

I'll be honest, I've been rushing Nightmare this time around because I'm too busy going infinite (Ashes+400 since the event started, 24k Gold Emblems, Blazon Box #27), but my clears generally have a full minute left or so in 20k rooms. If I was doing it, I'd probably go 16k Might as host like I have in past Nightmare reruns.

I have a 22.7k Might/40% Dragon Prep team that I thought was in decent shape considering I don't own Marishiten or Shinobi, and then I saw a ridiculous ~26k Might composition during my farming. Ieyasu/Curran/Veronica/Heinwald all on MUB 5* Elementals, three on MUB Marishiten and one on MUB Nyar, and all Lv100 non-prep meta Wyrmprints including three MUB Heralds.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I see. My team isn't 26K Might stacked since my dojo's aren't fully upgraded and I don't have many MUB'd 5* elementals, but it's still decently strong, so I'll give it a spin at reset.

Early results from the DPS charts seems to be that Shinobi is better for the three dark bleeders, Natalie, Veronica, and Zace while Marishiten is better on everyone else. Keep in mind that the difference isn't super substantial, it's just showing "ideal circumstances," so always take the data with a grain of salt. It can also change with more testing because I don't think Natalie had Shinobi earlier. Natalie has dethroned Albert as the best 60s DPS-er, though Chocolatiers is required.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Shinobi is meta in Shadow despite Konohana Sakuya not making a big impact in Fire, because of the Bleed meta and because of recent Shadow characters having to keep up with the Bleed power creep, when Shadow was formerly the weakest DPS element. Shadow skills tend to hit harder, which works in Shinobi's favor.

Always take the DPS charts with a grain of salt as they're assuming sandbag DPS and optimal combo strings, which often aren't realistic even when playing content you've mastered. But they are useful for seeing relative efficiency for characters without team buffs. 3500 Team DPS is a very outdated assumption, and while you can do the math yourself to adjust it, that won't make it easy to compare characters visually.

Last edited:

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember... is there any advantage to taking out Addis and Sazanka first? The couple of times I have, it doesn't seem to make a difference.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Generally speaking, as long as something has spawned you should get its drops when you kill the boss regardless.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I see. My team isn't 26K Might stacked since my dojo's aren't fully upgraded and I don't have many MUB'd 5* elementals, but it's still decently strong, so I'll give it a spin at reset.

Early results from the DPS charts seems to be that Shinobi is better for the three dark bleeders, Natalie, Veronica, and Zace while Marishiten is better on everyone else. Keep in mind that the difference isn't super substantial, it's just showing "ideal circumstances," so always take the data with a grain of salt. It can also change with more testing because I don't think Natalie had Shinobi earlier. Natalie has dethroned Albert as the best 60s DPS-er, though Chocolatiers is required.

I'd assume shinobi would be great on Veronica too.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
I can't remember... is there any advantage to taking out Addis and Sazanka first? The couple of times I have, it doesn't seem to make a difference.

The result of the big debate over Avenue to Fortune drops is that if a regular mob spawns, then killing the boss grants you its loot. If you fail to spawn it in (try 1-shotting the boss with a Helper like Althemia before the first slimes are killed), you won't get the loot from the six additional spawns.

One exception is Menace-type enemies. Those must be killed before a boss to gain their drops.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So maybe I've been doing something very wrong, but I've been active since launch and I still don't have a 5T3 weapon lol. Lots of 5T2s, and even like 4 bricks for unbinding, but it just seems like so much material to farm. How do people end up with multiples? I've heard something involved with dismantling them?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So maybe I've been doing something very wrong, but I've been active since launch and I still don't have a 5T3 weapon lol. Lots of 5T2s, and even like 4 bricks for unbinding, but it just seems like so much material to farm. How do people end up with multiples? I've heard something involved with dismantling them?

Eh, it's really not that much materials at all if you're not getting ridiculous with it. And I 've not even had to think about making use of this yet, but keep in mind that converting materials up/down a tier can make it easier than you'd expect to make more. Tablets (and materials in general) pile up real fast if you're farming IO, and it's even easier to get a ton of insignias now too.

The method you're thinking of is using ingots on a 5.3 to unbind it, then dismantling it into 5.2s; it costs 4.5m regardless of unbind count, but you'll get the materials for each upgrade back. It's mainly worth it if you can take advantage of the 5.2s immediately (I went 5.3 fire sword + 2 ingots -> 3 5.2s -> fire, water, light swords) as further dismantling gets even more expensive. Though some people do it just to get the sands.

I didn't have any till February-ish, and then till a few weeks ago I only had a wand for Sinoa. Now I have several more, a few (the swords using the ingot method) that took me a lot of waffling to make and then in the couple weeks or so I've made one or two on a whim as well, cause it felt like I could use the boost. And, well, I needed an insignia sink even before the drop increase.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
If you're not in the market where you have a lot of 5* Elementals, then you're also not in the market to Dismantle unless you're really desperate for T2 Insignias.

As an active player, I've Dismantled twice (both to recover just 7 Twinkling Sand, after trying certain experiments out), and I have four max unbound 5* Elementals plus several 0-unbind 5* Elementals. I'm actually sitting on enough Twinkling Sand to make one more weapon, but I've ran out of Wand Tablets and don't really want to farm them while the current event is going on.

I don't find "5T2" to ever be worth it outside of casual play. The characters who would be using a weapon like that either get a MUB 4* Elemental, XUB Void 5*, or a loaner MUB 5* Elemental from another element. 5T2 doesn't really outperform any of those by much, but it costs Twinkling Sands that aren't going to 5* Elementals. I actually find most 5* Void Weapons to be drastically underrated - the type of content that I'm typically fielding AI characters in is quick content, and 50% Skill Prep goes a long way in quick content.

So my preferred carry in each element is getting a MUB 5* Elemental, then I've made a few other 0UB 5* Elementals that are either from launch period (Maribelle) or cover specific events well (Xander). My AI characters largely use Void Weapons if they exist, and 4* Elementals if they don't.

As far as farming goes, Imperials just got a massive buff in drop rate. It should be a lot easier to farm everything except the Twinkling Sand now. Top-end Void Battles (Zephyr/Agni/Leviathan) are a good source for the generic crafting materials like Granite/Feathers/Fiend Parts (trade down from T3 parts if needed).

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
qJwOcT5.png

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing since March and am about to craft my 7th 5T3. I typically decide which characters I would like to take to HDT and focus only on crafting their weapon. I don't have any 5T2 except for a MUB 5T2 lance that I'm short on gold for Annelie's 5T3.

I've just been clearing out events and raids as best as I can and that's given me the needed Twinkling Sands and material to craft these 5T3.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I've used 5.2.0s for a long time. For me it's generally a waste to care about individual characters on every team, especially when I've gotten a ridiculous number of 5*s since February such that my teams kept shifting. So that means no 4.3s, when 5.2s are fine instead and everyone can use the skills.

Now I've still got some 5.2.0s, some 5.2.4s, and some 5.3s. I do have a few 4.3s too, but that was mainly just for covering all elements when brick dismantling for inisgnias thanks to Void, and that's something that became completely worthless after like a month or 2.

Anyway... I just tried to "go infinite" for an hour so (somehow I stopped minutes before a fire alarm went off in my apartment complex...) and had some decent results, but I have 0 clue how you could do that much Xuande. I ended up +200 stamina in honey but -3 ashes; Ieyasu kinda feels like a complete fucking waste every time he just eats 15 stamina without giving a single ash. And meanwhile I'm at uhhh 124 fragments so I barely want to see his face again. Maybe I'm just not playing super efficiently (at least later on into it I tried to cut back on being distracted by logging drops when i was already screenshotting anyway, and just noted the energy item use), but I don't see how you could get that much unless you are dedicating a ton of time to it, I guess? And as much I like "free" drops, I don't know if it's worth hours upon hours of my time.

The good news is I at least got 1 ticket, 1 golden fragment, and 1 damascus ore so... there's that, I guess. Still might try again later this week since I have Thursday/Friday off with nothing to do, hmm.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
I'm actually taking my first break in awhile, I've pretty much been multitasking DL since the event started. As someone who did Bond grinding when I played F/GO, unlimited grind works is not new to me. I have far too much empty time on my hands.

I started this event with 0 Ashes and 0 Honey. While I do have the 30-day refill pack and have used a small amount of Wyrmite on refills this event, I'm now at 575 Ashes. 50 of those were from monthly Void shop, and a lot of those were from natural regen conversion, but still that's a lot of ashes for a few days of grind. I'm on Box #38 with 18k/9k/34k Emblems as of this post. Lv152.5, which means I've farmed about 250k Player Exp since the event started, counting a 10% bonus for the Eudenface Wyrmprint.

Today has actually been a day of negative variance for me, I'm below the amount of Ashes that I had when I got up a few hours ago. Too early to claim that there's been a drop rate change, but I'm paying attention to it just in case. Tickets still come in at a somewhat steady rate of roughly one per hour, which has netted me Cerberus/Laranoa/Natalie so far.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hardly seeing any Extra Raid Battles today.

Edit: Looks like I'll be farming shadow ruins before 2x drop ends. Hoping to get just enough to cover both altars to level 35.

Last edited:

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, not sure how to feel about this.

The pessimist in me thinks that this is a herald that the game is definitely not meeting expectations in order to proceed with a drastic top-down direction change.

Status
Not open for further replies.