• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Technically speaking, both Albert and Lily aren't actually GBF characters; they predated GBF (2014) as Rage of Bahamut cards (2011). A GBF collab would likely entail the GBF-original characters like Gran/Djeeta (Male/Female MC), Lyria, Katalina, or Vryn, similar to how the FEH collab had 3 FEH-original heroes (and Marth since he's basically the face of Fire Emblem).

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
I am not familiar with other Cygames games. Is there any other character other than Lily and Albert that commonly feature in other Cygames games?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Technically speaking, both Albert and Lily aren't actually GBF characters; they predated GBF (2014) as Rage of Bahamut cards (2011). A GBF collab would likely entail the GBF-original characters like Gran/Djeeta (Male/Female MC), Lyria, Katalina, or Vryn, similar to how the FEH collab had 3 FEH-original heroes (and Marth since he's basically the face of Fire Emblem).

Interesting! Thanks for the clarification. I've seen Rage of Bahamut name-dropped occasionally and there was a recent Reddit post comparing character art from that, GBF, and DL that I forgot about until now.

64wu6mz9se831.jpg

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
"True Jupiter", that's what the text says. It seems to be.

You just know all High Dragons will eventually get human forms. It has to happen.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I am not familiar with other Cygames games. Is there any other character other than Lily and Albert that commonly feature in other Cygames games?

Forte (a RoB/GBF/Shadowverse character) is very likely to come to Dragalia because she's featured in the Wyrmprint Lord of the Skies, similar to how Cereberus (another RoB/GBF/Shadowverse character) was featured in Fireside Gathering before becoming playable. Beyond that, many Rage of Bahamut characters were re-purposed as cards in Shadowverse as well as characters in GBF, so there's a rather large list of potential additions, such as Lucifer, Grea, Bahamut, Olivia, Anne, or even other Crystallians like Lily or Sky Knights like Albert.

If you weren't aware, the majority of Dragalia's designs for the cast itself are also re-purposed, from Cygame's defunct game Knights of Glory from 2013. So any designs from that game can also make their way over here as gacha characters or dragons. Some folks have compiled some comparison images which are pretty neat.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Watch us get Summer Zooey in DL, who's just as ground-breaking as her GBF counterpart.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
That human Jupiter artwork is great, I really hope we do get human versions of all the greatwyrms, it's too good of an opportunity to skip.

I think the Gala unit this time actually could be Chelle, as a Light element Wand user, but similar to Veronica in that her wand is replaced with a fan (and her victory animation is her doing the ojou laugh behind it)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They've been alternating genders for gala characters, and while patterns aren't 100% constant (this is CyGames, after all), if my suspicion that we're getting Zethia for the anniversary is correct, I can see this month's gala character being a guy (probably Leif).

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if I should spend on Gala or wait for the next limited banner. I have 20,605 Wyrmmyte, 1 x tenfold and 103 x single summon tickets. Last time I spent everything on Gala Mym and didn't get her (over 16k wyrmmyte, a few tenfolds, and about 100 single summons). Those HARD decisions!!!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I should spend on Gala or wait for the next limited banner. I have 20,605 Wyrmmyte, 1 x tenfold and 103 x single summon tickets. Last time I spent everything on Gala Mym and didn't get her (over 16k wyrmmyte, a few tenfolds, and about 100 single summons). Those HARD decisions!!!
Personally, I'm saving up for at least 300 pulls on whatever the anniversary banner we get is (since I have a feeling we'll also get a spark mechanic at that point in time), and spending everything else on summer. I currently have a little over 40k wyrmite saved, and 100+ single tickets and 2x ten-pull tickets. I also have a bunch of stories to reach, so I should be able to do at least 200 pulls on summer if it's something that really interests me. Regardless, I'll be sure not to fall below 300 pulls (so 36k wyrmite).

Whether we get a spark mechanic or not is anyone's guess, but I'll be surprised if we don't. If we do, we can do our pulls and grab anything on the banner that's of interest to you, so you can grab that Mym at 100% certainty (if she doesn't come to you sooner). If she does, you can still finish the spark and grab someone else!

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
I'm really against a Spark mechanic, but I've resigned myself to the fact that its coming and will diminish the fun my wife has with her account. I plan to ignore Sparking entirely, but at least DL is a game where that loss of a custom 5* isn't giving up too much.

I have a rule I always follow in gacha games - no hoarding of free gacha currency whatsoever. I either have it spent each time I log off, or I'm using it for alternatives like Stamina refills. This keeps me from feeling attached to the gacha as a motivation to play, and allows me to easily quit should I feel like I'm not having fun anymore. It allowed me to pull free from F/GO's monotonous, unchallenging gameplay. It also allowed me to get away from Dragon Ace (Dragon Poker JP) when the community turned to crap.

---

I just got done doing a little over 50 no-healer runs with the same player at Void Zephyr. It was very interesting watching them progress from someone who died most of the time into someone who never died and usually got their Dragon during first Break (10% DPrep present) while contributing close to optimal DPS uptime. After they made a key swap from a melee AI to Sinoa, we even started to see a few 3:00+ clears. For a Lv110-111 player, that's not bad at all.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
Forte (a RoB/GBF/Shadowverse character) is very likely to come to Dragalia because she's featured in the Wyrmprint Lord of the Skies, similar to how Cereberus (another RoB/GBF/Shadowverse character) was featured in Fireside Gathering before becoming playable. Beyond that, many Rage of Bahamut characters were re-purposed as cards in Shadowverse as well as characters in GBF, so there's a rather large list of potential additions, such as Lucifer, Grea, Bahamut, Olivia, Anne, or even other Crystallians like Lily or Sky Knights like Albert.

If you weren't aware, the majority of Dragalia's designs for the cast itself are also re-purposed, from Cygame's defunct game Knights of Glory from 2013. So any designs from that game can also make their way over here as gacha characters or dragons. Some folks have compiled some comparison images which are pretty neat.

That reminds me the reddit post that posted the Knights of Glory album. It seems to me that many of the designs had been reused already. The recent dragon designs seem to be deviated from that, so it will be interesting to see what they are offering.

Also, iirc, the dragons from Knights of Glory had several stages. I am not sure we will see something like Gala versions of released dragons soon.

Fake edit: totally forgot D! Jeanne. But what I meant is sth like releasing Cerebus with a different design/version but is still fire element

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Sparking is a good thing to add but I don't know if I'd ever use. And not for lack of hoarding; I've got 45k wyrmite, 120 single tickets, and a 10 ticket right now.

There's just incredibly little where I feel like I'd look at it and be able to go "ah, THIS is worth doing 30 10-pulls for"? What could possibly be worth that? You need 5 of a 5* dragon to be worth using so it'd be hard to see one as vital. And an adventurer would need to be ridiculously broken to be distinctly worth getting immediately. And there'd need to be several things similarly broken as a backup, because if I'm at like 2/3 of the way to sparking when I get my goal it's probably best to keep going and spark something else, right?

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
So who's gonna make the Era Alliance?

Also less time between quest ending and chests opening automatically. Even the tiniest annoyances get patches lol

Edit: ^ lol perfect

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Alliances don't kill the random group feature. I'll still join one, but I kind of liked how you could randomly join players from all over the world to tackle quests (and the randomness associated with it). :(

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
So Alliances are basically mandatory for daily login rewards. Great. I can't wait until it gets worse, like having a dependency on 30 Alliance logins at specific hours for maximum rewards.

I'm not putting any more money in until I see how bad this gets, RIP Daily Deal/30-day packs.

I really hope Alliances don't kill the random group feature. I'll still join one, but I kind of liked how you could randomly join players from all over the world to tackle quests (and the randomness associated with it). :(

This already got killed by conditional matchmaking. Going to any moderately challenging content and clicking "Find a Room" to see mostly 6000+ Might barriers put up is depressing.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Just noticed they gave Void Jeanne some American Kirby eyebrows ha ha!

Also a bit iffy on Alliances but will see how they shake out. Hopefully they don't lock any items/endeavours behind them :/.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I only ever play public rooms so don't like how they're forcing you into an Alliance =/. Also 30 won't be able to hold all of resetera.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys expect Heinwald will have healing enough for High Jupiter Trial?
I really don't wanna invest in Cleo from 0. Maybe it is better to use Sazanka/Natalie?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
We really can't tell yet. If HJP is like HMC, then Heinwald is preferred. If HJP is like HBH, then Cleo is preferred/potentially mandatory.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
I ship Chelle and True Jupiter :D (at least Eudan won't be alone in having a High Dragon stalker)

Midgarsormr's human form better be a buff guy

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
But in HMC you can have 100% skill prep Lowen to avoid having Queen of the Blue as a requirement. It might be better to use Cleo's S2 to survive the blast than having other teammate giving up a print spot for the High Jupiter res print. And honestly I am running out of Consecrated Water again.

Of course I am speculating since we don't have any event rn. I am bored.

Yue

Dec 15, 2018
But in HMC you can have 100% skill prep Lowen to avoid having Queen of the Blue as a requirement. It might be better to use Cleo's S2 to survive the blast than having other teammate giving up a print spot for the High Jupiter res print. And honestly I am running out of Consecrated Water again.

Of course I am speculating since we don't have any event rn. I am bored.
Queen of the Blue Seas is not a requirement even without Lowen. That's how weak the opening blast is.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
2 Void Jeanne fan arts in less than 2 hours after reveal (that I've seen)

Also two more human Jupiter (from the same artist, even)

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
With the exception of afflictions that prevent enemies from acting, it will be possible to stack multiple afflictions.
Enemies will now be more susceptible to becoming afflicted from the second time onward.

This is game changer, I can't wait to see of this affect the meta. Louise is potentially top tier now.

Also we are getting a glimpse at High Jupiter tomorrow with Void Jeanne, this time I will wait before crafting a void weapon since it ended up being useless for Void Poseidon.

And yeah 30 max per Alliance is not a lot...

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
So Alliances are basically mandatory for daily login rewards. Great. I can't wait until it gets worse, like having a dependency on 30 Alliance logins at specific hours for maximum rewards.
This is bringing back some bad memories of KHUx; those mandatory "login and boost" hours so everyone can get a reward boost turned the game from a fun distraction to a part-time job.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
While I understand the concerns about the alliance system remember how many positive quality of life changes we have received and how receptive they are to feedback.
If the system does end up being a problem it will likely get changed.
I would give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

I get the KHuX comparison but all we know so far is that we get free stuff for logging in and checking in with the alliance, Epic Seven does something similar and all it involves is free coins for tapping on something when you log in.

This game seems to be taking steps to not feel like a full time job to manage, like reducing the amount of daily runs required, adding the 2x speed feature, being able to use multiple skip tickets at once and being able to exchange treasure up or down.

Basically dont worry yet, and even if it does end up being a bad system it wont stay like that for long hopefully

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I trust CyGames for the better. They've handled things perfectly up to now, so they've earned it. I'll wait and see how things go before I panic.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Will there be some sort of "requirements" to join the Reset alliance??

Also, wasn't able to down Master Astral or Master Event. I was pretty close for the Event, but the raid was tough. Next time!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The requirement to join the ResetERA Alliance is to have your stickers set exclusively to Notte. All of them. Every single one. And spam them without hesitation.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
If the ERA Alliance's crest isn't that one cut off at the bottom that looks like Maritimus then it isn't worth joining.

You know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.