• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Found a great random group and did a whole bunch of Jeanne runs in a row, and even got the epithets. Nice!

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Here's the third Alliance:

dBOS8M0.jpg

And here's the sign-up form:

We're gonna have a Discord channel just like the others, but feel free to join even if you have no interest in actually being on Discord. If you wanna join, just fill up the form above :)
that's uh

quite a name

Also kodax_shc I don't have any more space in pactbound, you'll have to join hat tricks or sabnockers alliance.

Same to you Sakrey .

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Oh God, that too...
I just checked mine and I'm 9.3K exp points from leveling up. I think I will reach that late tomorrow if I keep farming void battles to get all the related endeavors asap.
For me, skip tickets are just good for farming AtP/AtF/ER, because we can't use them for expert difficult in DT/IO (and a non-optimal use of stamina in case of IO), plus any levels from VB. But anyway, I'm short on coins after crafting all these MUB void weapons, so I know where I'm gonna use them tickets when the time comes.

Anyway, Hope you get that sorted out for you!
10022_2_en.png

Yeah, it's annoying. Actually, the skip tickets are a burden in a sense, because I let myself get near-max anyway. Since I was worried about maybe not having Void this month (or it starting very late), I started actually spending stamina on it in the past week or so and got enough leaves/seeds to cover this month already. So if I can get lucky with the seed drops from the fights for endeavors (plus the rewards for the endeavors), I can maybe get another MUB Fafnir by the time it's done.

But you can't skip them, so I need to spend the tickets on skipping Fortune or they're wasted. But I'd want to get that Fafnir first if possible...

Maybe I'll just quickly do Void with the level up stamina+wings today to see what I can get, then just try to skip extra Fortune here and there throughout the week as I do the rest...

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's annoying. Actually, the skip tickets are a burden in a sense, because I let myself get near-max anyway. Since I was worried about maybe not having Void this month (or it starting very late), I started actually spending stamina on it in the past week or so and got enough leaves/seeds to cover this month already. So if I can get lucky with the seed drops from the fights for endeavors (plus the rewards for the endeavors), I can maybe get another MUB Fafnir by the time it's done.

But you can't skip them, so I need to spend the tickets on skipping Fortune or they're wasted. But I'd want to get that Fafnir first if possible...

Maybe I'll just quickly do Void with the level up stamina+wings today to see what I can get, then just try to skip extra Fortune here and there throughout the week as I do the rest...

I'm spending them on elemental ruins. Water to be more specific, since I need a good amount to max my altars. Did it when I leveled up. Gonna do it again tomorrow or something.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
jeanne swings between really easy or somewhat hard if people bring or dont brung divinity weapons

if not, the fight may last enough to need healing, and most of the time it's four dps

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
The optimal lineup is still going to be as few Fury Pen weapons as possible (preferably Swords with a +Force Strike print and a Mother's Love/Dragon Prep print) and everyone else on 5* Elementals to actually output damage. So why complain on Day 1 that players don't have highly niche weapons built or materials stockpiled from mid-tier fights?

I don't even bother with the Endeavors or 2x Drops from the mid-tier fights, and I say that while sitting here farming Void Agni. The drops are so much worse, Void Seeds aside, and I haven't been in need of Void Seeds for a couple of months now.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
I have a max Divine Pen weapon on Ieyasu. People love me.

But yes I have nothing to spend my stam on right now, so farming obsidian golem with stam is ezpz for me

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
I suppose I'll have to stomach the act of wasting Crystals/Knight's Testaments/Eldwater on the garbage that is Rodrigo and/or Berserker. I didn't win the Yaten lottery. Both are significantly worse than Yaten even when fully promoted, but Swords have a monopoly on Breaks that maintain DPS. Alex is a decent compromise for newer players, but I'd rather not bring a second-rate character to Jeanne Co-Op when I'm sitting on Veronica's MUB 5* Core Elemental.

Really not enjoying how heavy handed the Jeanne fight is about dividing matchmaking, which is why I've farmed Agni all day instead of doing Jeanne endeavors. Void Agni may softly force at least one Void Weapon, but he does it in a way that is obvious to anyone who tries to play without one. Void Jeanne, meanwhile, is perfectly content to get Solo Auto'd without one and it really shouldn't be optimal to bring more than one Yaten designated as a Void Weapon breaker in Co-Op, but that's enough to poison the matchmaking well. You're going to have a mass of players who think it best to bring all Void Weapons, and a mass of players who don't.

And yet Void Jeanne will lead to the fastest clears for most players. Which means I aught to get used to the idea of farming it in Co-Op for Squishums. But I am not at all looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Apparently temmie, the person that was in/worked on Undertale/Deltarune, drew Void Jeanne fanart.

Last edited:

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Just had 4 really good Obsidian Golem drops back to back.
Got void seeds on the first 2 runs for a total of 4 due to double drops, then the next run I got 16 total void leafs, and the run after I got Dragon and Tamer Wyrmprint!

Also, since I'm not on discord and have no desire to join one, I'm starting my own alliance.

I'm calling it:

aa_logo.png

The Alliance Alive! Never played the game I just like the name.

Will limit it to resetera members not on discord. We're still alive...just not caught up with the times. PM me to join.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I think in like 8 co-op Void Jeanne fights I've had one bad run. I'm bringing Curran with the fitting 0 UB void and it's been totally fine. Though my first auto attempt went fine as well.

double drops are great when you keep getting void seeds from Obsidian Golem

Same here. I got double seeds from 3 out of the 9 fights I've done so far, including twice in a row. Why did I even do any Hermit yesterday...

Doing 11 more today will hit 20 on Golem and 50 void fights, getting me 4 seeds from endeavors; I have 10 now, so I just need the drop to happen one more time in those 11 fights (please) and I'll have my 3rd MUB Fafnir and I can start mixing in skipping some extra fortune too.

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
So I went and did some tests to try to empirically judge the difference between a MUB 4* Anti-Divine Sword and my MUB 5* Core Elemental Wand. I invested 27.5k Eldwater among other resources to bring Rodrigo to Lv80/MC 45, and I have Veronica at MC 50. I would use Yaten if I owned him, though I suspect Yaten is not significantly faster at inflicting Break as his skill/passive usage is what pulls him ahead on DPS.

5* Rodrigo: MUB 4* Anti-Divine Sword, MUB Nyarlathotep, MUB Stellar Show, MUB A Mother's Love, 2051 HP/2108 Strength. I tried Sisters' Day Out but the Skill Prep was irrelevant since Overdrive is almost instant. Replacing A Mother's Love with something like Resounding Rendition/The Shining Overlord/The Bridal Dragon might be optimal. Rodrigo does significantly outdamage Berserker, and is the #2 Sword option if you don't own Yaten.

Veronica: MUB 5* Core Elemental Wand, MUB Nyarlathotep, MUB Resounding Rendition, MUB After An Eternity, 2296 HP/2802 Strength. Turns out After An Eternity is not needed at all and should probably be anything to help charge Skill 1 during Overdrive, like Jewels of the Sun or Sisters' Day Out, but this is what I did my testing with. MUB Shinobi is also significantly preferred over MUB Nyarlothotep, but I only recently pulled my first copy of Shinobi and I only have two Sunlight Stones at this time.

Solo Auto, zero Anti-Divine weapons: ~1:30 median result, range of 0:30-1:50 is typical with the low end only on death(s).
Solo Manual, replace Norrin (MUB 4* Core Elemental Bow) with Rodrigo on Anti-Divine: ~2:30. I have to use Manual here as AI is not reliable with Sword combos. There's still enough of an advantage here that using Anti-Divine is obviously better than not using it among an entire party.

Low-end Co-Op, three Anti-Divine Swords at ~4000-4500 Might plus me, Rodrigo: ~2:40-2:55 clears, Break is being inflicted as many as three times.
Low-end Co-Op, three Anti-Divine Swords at ~4000-4500 Might plus me, Veronica: ~3:05-3:10 clears, Break is being inflicted 1-2 times, usually twice.

Higher-end Co-Op, three Yaten Anti-Divine Swords at 5000+ Might plus me, Rodrigo: ~2:55-3:10 clears, Break is being inflicted twice consistently.
Higher-end Co-Op, three Yaten Anti-Divine Swords at 5000+ Might plus me, Veronica: ~3:18-3:25 clears, Break is being inflicted 1-2 times, usually once.

Long story short, this is me still saying that a mix of 4* Anti-Divine Swords and 5* Core Elementals is optimal for fastest clearing times. Whether the optimal mix is 1:3 (probably not), 2:2 (likely), or 3:1 (next most likely) I don't know, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't making baseless claims.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Finished up the Greedy Manticore and Void Jeanne limited endeavors on my main so I could grab another 4 copies of the Gold fafnir. Just need 16 more void seeds for the last 4.

So do the "Clear X amount of Quests" endeavors ever end, or is it like the team might that just seems to go on forever?

For fan art, here's a recent group shot of some of the DL guys, one for each element:

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
pactboundlogogiveaway.png

Heads up, pactbound! It's time for our first community fun! I'm doing a giveaway of a $5 Amazon Giftcard!

How do you enter? Simple! Respond to this post either on ERA or Discord (#pactbound channel) with your:

1. Favorite Unit
2. Favorite Type
3. Favorite Weapon
4. What Summer Unit You'd Like to See!

BONUS ENTRY: Draw your favorite unit! (Can be terrible!)

So for example, mine is:

1. Alfonse
2. Light
3. Sword
4. Summer Verica

Simple, right!? Oh, and anyone can enter! If you signed up for any alliance, you can enter to win! We are all pactbound!

Entry must be submitted by July 29th, 2019.

CONTEST DETAILS:

Entry must be submitted by July 29th, 2019.
Upon April 29th, a random entry winner will be selected.

A $5 Amazon Giftcard will be sent to an email address of your choice. Please have a valid email address ready upon winning the contest. You acknowledge I will not be responsible if the email address you give is not valid and the giftcard cannot be redeemed.

One winner will enjoy the new summer content with some extra boost in their wallet! Thanks for being an awesome community. <3

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Here's the third Alliance:

dBOS8M0.jpg

And here's the sign-up form:

We're gonna have a Discord channel just like the others, but feel free to join even if you have no interest in actually being on Discord. If you wanna join, just fill up the form above :)
I'll be honest, I had already signed up for Hat Trick (was debating between that and Pactbound, which filled up and made the decision for me), but then the name of this one got me, and good. I signed up for it too.

Not sure which one will suit me best, but I've never used discord, so there is that. Suppose it depends on how hardcore Hat Trick is planning to be, and how necessary Discord will be. Sabnockers though...

HeeHee.sticker

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
How do you enter? Simple! Respond to this post either on ERA or Discord (#pactbound channel) with your:

1. Favorite Unit
2. Favorite Type
3. Favorite Weapon

Eh, sure, why not. I totally just made a purchase I couldn't afford on Amazon last night, getting a top of the line under-desk treadmill. $5 could offset that a tiny bit.

1. Cibella
2. Light
3. Axe
4. Leonidas. Anything from Cygames collab really.

---

Reasons

1. I like making niches useful. 30% HP Shield is very underrated, and I'm all-in on trying to make it as powerful as possible off of a Skill 1.
2. Light feels like the least staple element in that a lot of conventions are challenged. Many of Light's top units use unorthodox setups, and there's Alfonse if you can't support any of them. I also feel like Takemikazuchi is one of the more interesting and overlooked Dragons, he makes up for being boss-centric by having extremely high burst damage with his skill, provided you aim it properly.
3. Force Strike spacing just feels good. It isn't too optimal so far outside of Sazanka/Vanessa/Erik/HMS/Facility Events, but that's still a decent niche. Knowing when and where to end a chain with a Force Strike is an art, as the damage tables run pretty close on Axes without innate Force Strike +X%.
4. I haven't played most of Cygames' titles, but I was invested in Shadowverse before it went to hell with the third expansion onward. Leonidas was a good representation of the Grinder Swordcraft archetype that I enjoyed playing most back when it was a viable player in the meta.

Blergmeister

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding the void weapon discussions - as a low level player, what void weapon would I want to make to be useful for the Manticore and Jeanne D'arc fights? Do any void weapons give... whatever buff is useful? Or am I looking for something specific?

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Regarding the void weapon discussions - as a low level player, what void weapon would I want to make to be useful for the Manticore and Jeanne D'arc fights? Do any void weapons give... whatever buff is useful? Or am I looking for something specific?

Manticore: Honestly, I wouldn't bother with this fight more than clearing it once with no deaths in Co-Op. The weapons you can make from it are pretty specific to using Wind characters on Facility events or other content where you get to kill a lot of mobs before a hard boss in Solo. If you can find a room and stay alive, other players can carry you. Stun/Sleep spam takes care of this fight quickly.

Jeanne: You want a Divine Penetrator weapon, generally made from parts from Frost Hermit. More specifically, its best if you go for a Sword and use any of Yaten/Rodrigo/Berserker. Jeanne has a Manticore-like ability in that she can't get Overdrive drained by damage, but unlike Manticore she also gets amplified Defense while in Overdrive. The reason you want to use a Sword is because it is the most efficient weapon at using short Force Strike combos that deal heavy Overdrive damage.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
You want divine penetrator for Jeanne and you generally don't need any void weapons for Manticore.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
So since the new High Jupiter Bane weapons are +30% like the HMC ones we got a little while ago that means they're the clear best options for fighting against HJP. I think I'll dedicate my spare wings to grinding Void Jeanne to get materials to build some.

I probably won't build a void weapon for my Ieyasu as I've used ingots to get him a 5.3.4 katana, but I might diversify by making void weapon(s) for alternate character options. I have Heinwald, Veronica, and Curran (and Botan I guess) as strong alternate options to Ieyasu so I might end up making a void weapon for one of them if I want a bit of variety.

I already did my weekly high dragon clears so like when HMC was added I'll let the rest of the community beta test High Jupiter for me for the first couple of days and then try to get my first clears on Monday after reset.

Blergmeister

Oct 27, 2017
Jeanne: You want a Divine Penetrator weapon, generally made from parts from Frost Hermit. More specifically, its best if you go for a Sword and use any of Yaten/Rodrigo/Berserker. Jeanne has a Manticore-like ability in that she can't get Overdrive drained by damage, but unlike Manticore she also gets amplified Defense while in Overdrive. The reason you want to use a Sword is because it is the most efficient weapon at using short Force Strike combos that deal heavy Overdrive damage.
Where do I see if a weapon has Divine Penetrator?

XuandeXun

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 16, 2019
Where do I see if a weapon has Divine Penetrator?

Upgrade->Crafting->Scroll down to the Void Weapons section. You can look one of two ways:

* If your button at the bottom says "Tier 3 List", use "View Tree" and look at the Shadow weapon portion of the tree. Clicking on the weapon will show what passive effects it has below its HP and Strength display. For example, Doomfang (4* Shadow Void Sword) has Undead's Bane +15% and Divinity Penetrator. You can also directly craft from this page if you have the materials needed.
* If your button says "Craft List", its easier to check weapons at a glance. Click the Shadow orb for each Void Weapon you want to look at. The ones with Divinity Penetrator are near the top, with a small picture of Frost Hermit.

If nothing else works, Alex (Story 4*)+Divine Penetrator Dagger is passable. Sword just happens to be the best weapon type at Breaking, and that's the main purpose of making a Divine Penetrator weapon.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how necesary the High Jupiter print will be this time around. If it's like how HMC's print was then I can see Tough Love/Choclatiers Natalie being a big opening game player.

Blergmeister

Oct 27, 2017
Upgrade->Crafting->Scroll down to the Void Weapons section. You can look one of two ways:

* If your button at the bottom says "Tier 3 List", use "View Tree" and look at the Shadow weapon portion of the tree. Clicking on the weapon will show what passive effects it has below its HP and Strength display. For example, Doomfang (4* Shadow Void Sword) has Undead's Bane +15% and Divinity Penetrator. You can also directly craft from this page if you have the materials needed.
* If your button says "Craft List", its easier to check weapons at a glance. Click the Shadow orb for each Void Weapon you want to look at. The ones with Divinity Penetrator are near the top, with a small picture of Frost Hermit.

If nothing else works, Alex (Story 4*)+Divine Penetrator Dagger is passable. Sword just happens to be the best weapon type at Breaking, and that's the main purpose of making a Divine Penetrator weapon.
Thank you! I finally found it!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

1. Favorite Unit
2. Favorite Type
3. Favorite Weapon

I'll give my main account answer and a F2P NOTTE one, from the perspective of only playing with story/welfare units (though it'll just count as one)

1. Sinoa
2. Light
3. Staff
4. Summer Sinoa

1. Botan
2. Dark
3. Lance
4. Summer Alex

I'd rather link fan art for each, but I'll just compose limericks instead.

Sinoa
With a random buff skill at her side,
No one knows what she'll truly provide.
She could bolster offense,
But I get the sense,
That she'll just give us Health Ups in stride.

Botan
Just use her, and dark content's solved,
Any meeting with light foes resolved.
She fills every need,
With team Strength Up and Bleed,
So long as there's no cooking involved.

And here's a random Cupid and Jupiter fan art:

Status
Not open for further replies.