• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Cygames will hold an anniversary stream similar to GBF, where they invite the voice actors to talk, play games for in-game rewards, showcase cosplay, etc. I hope they do!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Heinwald should get an alt for the sheer amount of fan art he's produced. He gets the most made of him even with nothing related to him is going on in-game.

Fan art of Heinwald literally made within the last 3 days:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
You can auto co-op for all Void Battles. Just used a maxed out S! Verica and hosted Void Jeanne to basically idiot-proof the group if anyone else is using auto and it's gone quite smooth, even when everyone auto'd. I think healers that have "over-tuned" heal kits like both Verica's and Hildegard just got higher stock because they basically let the whole group auto-grind.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of wish they had added a few new Valentine's stories, but then again it is a re-run. And no, the summer ones do not count as the only difference are the portrait art and they don't even make sense when you factor in the dialogue.

Hopefully next year!

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
There's no new Castle Story, right? That's what I'm actually surprised they didn't add.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, not that I can see.

At least we get a bunch of wyrmite from the event itself, as well as the ones for re-obtaining previous titles. Oh, and the actual event rewards, of course.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
pull daily for dragon, see the two dragons thinking i got a dragon, and i get this. Cant complain at all.
Screenshot_20190827-020128_Dragalia.jpg

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Cupid dupe was my daily. In 5 tickets I got Shinobi, Curran dupe, Arctos dupe. Another 5 got me Naveed dupe.

...I only really wanted Shinobi (little too late to benefit me for Jupiter now that I already sunstoned Marishiten, though) and was trying to rate up to use the expiring 10, so I didn't actually need the eldwater gifts. Now I guess I'm using the base rate tomorrow (...or being smart and waiting till dailies rate up), since I'm still wary of using too much singles before anniversary, despite my stockpile.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Keep in mind this Valentine's event is literally on top of what would normally just be a Void Battles no event-week for the last week of the month, since we already got two events this month with the Summer raid and facility event. The extra castle story glasses are definitely for folks who start later and have a ton of stories they still can't read.

Here's fan art of Fritz and Annelie just waking up on a day off:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I did 4 more, so that I could be responsible and have the 6 more dailies would rate me up on Friday.

got Takemikazuchi and it's reset again

so... I'll see if I reach Friday without resetting again; this was already 14 tickets spent on this, and I still have ~116 left so it's not like I'm hurting, but anniversary...

I hope there's something worth spending my stockpiles on.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Free daily deals on my F2P NOTTE account are Hope and Malora, both new. Don't forget to do your free pull on both the Valentine and Dragon Special banner~

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
What is your focus on this game? I play for a while now, but to be fair, I don't really play.
To a certain extend i only login now to do the daily energy with tickets on random orb event so I can level up my halidom and feed a dragon and level up another build and thats it.
I still have around 20k wyrmites and my team and dragons are solid.

I am only level 58 with halidom 350 so I clearly didn't play the endgame, but it feels like it's hard for me to justify do higher end content because there is nothing to chase.
I dont know if its lack of PVP, but I only play to level up the halidom and I never really dive much into the game, so i'm wondering what keeps you interested in playing, I still pull once or twice in each banner for god knows what reason, and I keep going. it has been like this for the last 2 or 3 months, and I would like to be more interested in doing the later challenges etc.
I still dont know half the items and what they are for, even the eldwater thing I never used and feels like I dont need to, never dived much into the wyrmprints world because again, i don't feel invested in the game, or to buy the limited wyrmprints or to chase any event at this point.

I still login almost daily, I dont know what im waiting for, if its anni or anything that draws my full attention again so there's that.

Last edited:

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I can't say I never get lucky. Spent my limited ten pull ticket on the dragon banner and got Takemikazuchi (#3) and Shinobi, which is who I was after.

Back to stockpiling for anniversary!

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
What is your focus on this game? I play for a while now, but to be fair, I don't really play.
To a certain extend i only login now to do the daily energy with tickets on random orb event so I can level up my halidom and feed a dragon and level up another build and thats it.

I am only level 58 with halidom 350 so I clearly didn't play the endgame, but it feels like it's hard for me to justify do higher end content because there is nothing to chase.
I dont know if its lack of PVP, but I only play to level up the halidom and I never really dive much into the game, so i'm wondering what keeps you interested in playing, I still pull once or twice in each banner for god knows what reason, and I keep going. it has been like this for the last 2 or 3 months, and I would like to be more interested in doing the later challenges etc.
I still dont know half the items and what they are for, even the eldwater thing I never used and feels like I dont need to, never dived much into the wyrmprints world because again, i don't feel invested in the game, or to buy the limited wyrmprints or to chase any event at this point.

I still login almost daily, I dont know what im waiting for, if its anni or anything that draws my full attention again so there's that.

That's how I felt when I was around your level, but once I had enough might to try some of the end game content and was able to actually beat it by the skin of my teeth, things start clicking for me. I was motivated to increase my team might little by little with buildings, and then crafting. Once I started getting into crafting I realize it is important to farm voids, and from there the game loop sort of becomes like Monster Hunter. The boss mechanics are well designed enough that it really helps with the grinding aspect.

But yeah there is a gap between say 15k might and 18k might where you're strong enough to auto through the daily missions but far from enough to take on any end-game content. That's when I felt like the game is a chore.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
On another episode of "Heinwald gets all the fan art," 4 new pieces that were literally posted within the last 24 hours, featuring Curran and Silke as well.

The endgame of DL with Void battles/High Dragon Trials is akin to Monster Hunter or WoW, where you do monster/raid fights to get better gear for harder monster/raid fights. The gameplay loop is reliant on liking the combat, and wanting to beat harder enemies partially for the fights themselves. The High Dragon Trials reward an exclusive 5* dragon which has similar stats to a 5* gacha mixed dragon and an exclusive facility that boosts the stats of adventurers. The High Dragon fights themselves have been compared to MMO raids, where it requires coordination as well as a decent understanding of the boss mechanics, and they find it fun as a result.

Of course, as a game with action combat, it's necessary to actually enjoy the combat to make much headway on really playing the game compared to turn-based games, which isn't everyone's cup of tea. Requires a lot more concentration and effort. I think the game's perfectly fine as a side gacha though.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Very happy that I pulled Shinobi and Sakuya, was only missing those 2 dragons.

Holy crap I had to turn that new Combat Log off, it's absolutely terrible. Doing HJP with the amount of buffs and debuffs popping non stop you can barely see the screen.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
The new update was only 314 mb. They figured out a way to make us not have to download the full 3 gigs finally!

Oh. But then I had to download 1.6 GB when I opened the app, lmao.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
You can auto co-op for all Void Battles. Just used a maxed out S! Verica and hosted Void Jeanne to basically idiot-proof the group
I got this Verica but hadn't used her yet since I have a Cleo with 46 mana circles filled in.. I guess she's worth putting aside then, eh? Is there a good site for suggesting the best teams? I wish they would expand past 4 people in a party.. it's a shame to ignore so many characters.

Other recent 5* characters I've gotten: Laranoa, Marth, Cleo (Supreme Sorcerer rather than Belle Healaer), Aeleen, Albert, Rena, Celliera (Summer), Veronica, Sylas, and Aoi (I might have upgraded her because she's cute, can't recall).

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Very happy that I pulled Shinobi and Sakuya, was only missing those 2 dragons.

Holy crap I had to turn that new Combat Log off, it's absolutely terrible. Doing HJP with the amount of buffs and debuffs popping non stop you can barely see the screen.

I like the idea in general but it's absolutely ridiculous for Jupiter with multiple Gleos, yeah. 2 skills that both have skill shift, one that also applies 1-3 buffs, and also getting notified for every charge you get... the beginning is just a flood of messages. Took this example earlier, and that's with a Veronica instead of a 4th Gleo:

I'm just thankful it wasn't also going off for every time you go in and out of the circles, or when they get placed/expire...

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I like the idea in general but it's absolutely ridiculous for Jupiter with multiple Gleos, yeah. 2 skills that both have skill shift, one that also applies 1-3 buffs, and also getting notified for every charge you get... the beginning is just a flood of messages. Took this example earlier, and that's with a Veronica instead of a 4th Gleo:

I'm just thankful it wasn't also going off for every time you go in and out of the circles, or when they get placed/expire...

Yup that's exactly it lol. I suppose also because I play Left-Handed mode and the UI is reversed all the notifications pop up on the right side of the screen, so with 4 Gleo's at least HJP the amount notifications where interfering with my being able to see if I was actually safe where I was standing during the initial Blitz. I'd like to keep it on if they refine it, but at least for now I can't use it in HJP lol.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
On my F2P NOTTE account, I'm actually able to auto Void Jeanne using Alex, Botan, Cleo, and Felicia. I might try to grind out enough Void Seeds to get all the Gold Fafnirs.

I got this Verica but hadn't used her yet since I have a Cleo with 46 mana circles filled in.. I guess she's worth putting aside then, eh? Is there a good site for suggesting the best teams? I wish they would expand past 4 people in a party.. it's a shame to ignore so many characters.

Other recent 5* characters I've gotten: Laranoa, Marth, Cleo (Supreme Sorcerer rather than Belle Healaer), Aeleen, Albert, Rena, Celliera (Summer), Veronica, Sylas, and Aoi (I might have upgraded her because she's cute, can't recall).

Well, I'd say the most newbie-proof healers for co-op auto-ing content for each element would be Verica for Fire, Nurse Aeleen for Water, Lowen/Wedding Xania for Bog/Freeze Wind, Hildegarde for Light, and Summer Verica for Dark. If you want to guarantee a co-op party can complete the content when auto-ing, these healers are probably the best investments.

Outside of High Dragons, late Mercurial Gauntlet levels, and Master Astral Raids, I'd say any on-element adventurer is usable for all other content, though some will require higher investment than others. I'd say there isn't really a good sit for team suggestions since everyone's teams for content look pretty different due to what they have available, what they've invested in, and what they prefer using, since most content doesn't adhere to a strict meta adventurer-wise.

Laranoa is decent for Mercurial Gauntlet/Water IO/Void Agni, Marth is good for HMS, Aeleen/Sylas is usable for Water IO/Void Poseidon, G Cleo is literally good in everything, Albert is top Light DPS (Odetta's comparable though if you already invested in her), Rena/Aoi are solid for Wind IO/Void Zephyr, S! Celery is good for all burn-res content/Mercurial Gauntlet, S! Verica is a newbie-proof healer that's particularly good for Void Jeanne/Light IO, and OG Cleo is still good for High Jupiter.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Some JP folks managed to clear HBH with 4 Karina's.

Seem appropriate to use Karina fan art from the clearer themselves:

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Curious if anyone has advice on this matter. I have a Lin You that I have felt unready to take into high merc. I think I could nudge myself up there. I have a 2UB Long Long and could use stones to max him. I have a Southern across axe, 0UB but enough bricks to MUB. I could also make the Merc Bane axe and MUB that instead.

aside from those I feel pretty ready. Axe dojo's are 24/24, wind shrines are I think 32/32, HMC print is 100 as is Kung Fu Masters.

i think most of all my fear is actually being prepared equipment wise but having to waste people's time while I learn the fight. I'm also somewhat dissuaded because I have plenty of grinding to do with HMS still and can do that fight with no issues.

just sort of rambling now I guess, sorry :/ I don't want to waste resources

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Curious if anyone has advice on this matter. I have a Lin You that I have felt unready to take into high merc. I think I could nudge myself up there. I have a 2UB Long Long and could use stones to max him. I have a Southern across axe, 0UB but enough bricks to MUB. I could also make the Merc Bane axe and MUB that instead.

aside from those I feel pretty ready. Axe dojo's are 24/24, wind shrines are I think 32/32, HMC print is 100 as is Kung Fu Masters.

i think most of all my fear is actually being prepared equipment wise but having to waste people's time while I learn the fight. I'm also somewhat dissuaded because I have plenty of grinding to do with HMS still and can do that fight with no issues.

just sort of rambling now I guess, sorry :/ I don't want to waste resources

I have done a decent amount of Mercury as Lin You with MUB Roc + 0UB 5.3 and been totally fine, ~2.5k strength, so I wouldn't even say you need to stone+use Long Long. Drop HMC print (you can learn with it if needed), use Flower in the Fray. Facilities look solid but might as well keep pushing them up anyway. etc.

This is the video a friend gave me, and I picked up on how to handle things very fast after watching, though I'd admittedly been running it as Lowen for 1-2 months first so I had the entire attack flow down very well already. Most of the trouble is figuring out when/where it's safe to use skills, I'd say. And I think I recorded one of my last runs, if you're interested in seeing how a more realistic run goes (so... not optimal/efficient, potentially even compared to my average, cause I forgot how that one went).

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
That video will be of great use, awesome, thank you so much!

funny you mention Lowen because I'm so comfortable with Hilde in HMS that I am considering just going full career healer. But im so close with Lin You I should just start trying.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Got baited into using something almost 10,000 Wyrmite and all my tickets trying to get Shinobi. Time to save again haha.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Well,, I liked being a career healer myself! Went Verica -> Sinoa for HMS, then Lowen -> Lin You for Mercury.

I was kinda hoping to have Heinwald for Jupiter, even if just to be ranged and not melee, but decided not to dream summon him... and then got Gleo. So that kinda covered both ranged dps and doing some healing, haha.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
i think most of all my fear is actually being prepared equipment wise but having to waste people's time while I learn the fight.

You could always temporarily set your name to "PRACTICE" or "HMC NEWBIE" to give other players a heads-up that you're still getting familiar with the fight. I'm sure there would still be plenty of veterans that would be willing to stick around and help. :)

Got baited into using something almost 10,000 Wyrmite and all my tickets trying to get Shinobi. Time to save again haha.

😂

😔

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I would love Shinobi, but I'm trying to save for the anniversary. Did 2 pulls and pulled Sakuya and a dupe Poseidon. So I'll probably just ride it out.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, retrobotjr, I found a recording I made about a month ago when a Gleo showed up in Mercury. From what I remember of my other recordings around then, it may be a better example for you of how it realistically goes than those ones, so I'll share this.

Obviously you may need some context yourself first to understand what's happening, but I think it has some good examples of things done well (using skills without getting hit by her/ending up in a dangerous spot) as well as mistakes (times bad timing/positioning meant I don't get the second S1 of S2 -> buffed S1 -> build skill -> buffed S1, using S1 too early when it would have helped with a prison, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.