• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So five siblings have sworn fealty to Morsayati and now stand against Euden. I wonder if these 5 will be the next set of High Dragon Trails for Year 2.

I really hope so, or at least that they tie into some sort of high end content. In the lead up to the game's launch I thought the whole sibling line of succession was a really neat concept, but they've been fairly underutilized. This would be a great way to change that, and maybe they could be an equivalent to Granblue Fantasy's Eternal/Evoker characters, in that you grind hard and can end up unlocking them as playable units.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
My main gripe with the story is that
We don't know what Morsayati goal is. He say he actually doesn't care about humanity at all but then what's his endgame? At the end of this chapter we learn that he started to target the dragons but we don't why.
Also all the sibling following Morsayati make it feel like that situation hasn't evolved much since Chapter 5. I hope we won't have to fight each of them again in the main story.
As for next Gala it should be Euden but so far Gala version have retained their element and we surely do not need another fire sword. I guess he could be light but Leif (and Patia) seems to have joined the Halidom as well and I can't see Leif be anything other than a Light sword.

--

Light MG lv 21-50 have been datamined to be the next one so prepare your Gleo everyone.

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope so, or at least that they tie into some sort of high end content. In the lead up to the game's launch I thought the whole sibling line of succession was a really neat concept, but they've been fairly underutilized. This would be a great way to change that, and maybe they could be an equivalent to Granblue Fantasy's Eternal/Evoker characters, in that you grind hard and can end up unlocking them as playable units.
That's what I'm thinking as well. We only got to fight Valyx in the story and was surprised we didn't fight the others. Fully expecting to eventually fight them especially with their own dragons as well, and unlock either them/their dragons/some other upgrade thing.
At this point in the story, I wonder if they'll finally start putting
Alex
in events now.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
That's what I'm thinking as well. We only got to fight Valyx in the story and was surprised we didn't fight the others. Fully expecting to eventually fight them especially with their own dragons as well, and unlock either them/their dragons/some other upgrade thing.
At this point in the story, I wonder if they'll finally start putting
Alex
in events now.

I mean, it would be nice to just have events set later on in the story in general. I assume they want to not bar people from seeing them, but there's still so little story chapters that I feel it's not too big of an ask of people to play some more of the story first. Of course...

This chapter kinda hurts that, since it makes it so we can't, say, go to Chelle's city and so on. But we could at least go to Lotier again, have Alex involved as you said, that kind of thing.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So I liked Chapter 10, as it feels like we've actually set-up the story now for a real conflict and not running around trying to make friends with everyone, and especially the ??? shenanigans on the side.

The void battles were also fun for what they are, but all in all good little content drop.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How much Wyrmite did all the character stories give you roughly in total? I have a ton of them unread aswell.

Adding in the dragon stories that I did at the same time, I got somewhere in the neighborhood of ~2500 wyrmite, I think? I'd already seen the stories of the characters I've been using up to this point, but I still had most of the 3 and 4 star non limited units to go through (excluding Kleimann who I've still never pulled lol). I'd also already done everybody's first story following pulling them, so this is only including episodes 2-5.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Adding in the dragon stories that I did at the same time, I got somewhere in the neighborhood of ~2500 wyrmite, I think? I'd already seen the stories of the characters I've been using up to this point, but I still had most of the 3 and 4 star non limited units to go through (excluding Kleimann who I've still never pulled lol). I'd also already done everybody's first story following pulling them, so this is only including episodes 2-5.
I should really read through all the stories now before Anniversary; but I've gotten use to saving them as an emergency Wyrmite stash. I've got about 56 pulls worth between Adventurers (65), Dragons (33), and Castle Stories (14).

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
It's 65 per character, 50 per dragon.

Thanks, so I still have a small emergency-stash if I finally go through everything, I have alot piled up there. And I feel you on Kleimann, I had the same with non-Halloween 3* Althemia whom I never pulled until 1-2 months ago, it can be really weird.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
barely anything's happened; why would it be a climax?

Overall, pretty decent. Lots of lore stuff but kinda dragged out way too long instead of getting to the point (especially as I had it on auto while I was eating so no voices got skipped at all, and boy does Zodiark ever take years for his voice lines to finish). Similarly wish they'd just get to the point with saying Morsayati just cares about fighting Illia or not or whatever, given how unconcerned they are with humans.

And though it's less of a problem than it has been, I also continue to be annoyed by how slow the story updates compared to how fast it moves through things. The arrangement with Chelle is already gone? So much for that...

Not sure how to feel about whatever stuff they're hinting at with the 10 days after their birth thing, but android nonsense sounds appealing, at least. That weird cube was neat too.

...also, was kinda expecting the last sibling to dramatically arrive? Hmm.

I mean

The only thing that really happened in this story was that it reverted what happened in chapter 9. Nothing really happened at all in this chapter that was super different, especially since Cthonius was just revealed to be another dark dragon really.

Its just the status quo for the last 5 chapters, with the only change being reverted; when they could have done something with Zethia

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Holy cow, I just had a Wyrmprint (Valiant Crown) drop while doing one of the new chapters and it has a design by Yoshida! I love his art so much. Big get -- they've had some really notable artists contribute!

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
So I just finished Chapter 10 and yeah I can see how people can see it as a bit anti-climatic but

It was also exciting in a way, kind of like an anime would end before Season 2 starts. And it really got me thinking about the world the game plays in and what might the ulterior motive of The Other might be. I mean I don't belive what they said but to even offer a world where mortals could live in peace and saying mortals don't matter much in the grand scheme of things I felt kind of reminded of the overarching conflict in Final Fantasy XIV: ARR. I really can't wait for more, as short the story always comes, it has its hooks in me.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping Chelle didn't really betray us. It would feel like a waste after coming to like her in the chapter focused on her.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping Chelle didn't really betray us. It would feel like a waste after coming to like her in the chapter focused on her.
She's the only one of the siblings that I feel is still on Euden's side. She's probably there just to spy/get information, as I can't see them spending time developing her character in Chapter 9 only to throw it all away here.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
She's the only one of the siblings that I feel is still on Euden's side. She's probably there just to spy/get information, as I can't see them spending time developing her character in Chapter 9 only to throw it all away here.

I share Chrono's view, otherwise it would have made no sense at all really.

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
It's safer for the siblings honestly to side with Morsayati for now, than to openly oppose him. They know they can't defeat him currently. Chelle, Valyx, and Phares may be able to find his weakness, ascertain whatever his true motive is, Chelle can relay information about him with her spy network to Euden/Leif, etc. F Leonidas and Emile though.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
It's safer for the siblings honestly to side with Morsayati for now, than to openly oppose him. They know they can't defeat him currently. Chelle, Valyx, and Phares may be able to find his weakness, ascertain whatever his true motive is, Chelle can relay information about him with her spy network to Euden/Leif, etc. F Leonidas and Emile though.

Very good points, I haven't thought about that! But yeah I'm with you on Leonidas and Emile, they can go to hell... Harle too.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Looks like the EN DL Twitter is gonna keep localizing the Dragalia Minis Art.
For anyone curious about the ??? Cube we fight in EX, a Reddit post has deciphered a lot of the seemingly random strings of letters and numbers. It's pretty fascinating, especially if you're into ARGs.

Here's some spoiler-y fan art of the Android teaser image and Alberius.

Yue

Dec 15, 2018
I don't really care much for Morsayati as a character though sharing the same voice actor as Dio is cool. So far he seems to be a take over the world because that's how the plot goes type rather than having motivations of his own. ??? cube fight was interesting.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Neat chapter, even though it kinda... sets things back to how they were months ago?

The chapter 11 preview definitely has my interest, though, and the ??? fight was... huh

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Not really sure this needs a spoiler tag, but just to be safe:

This is a really small nitpick, but it bugs me how Morsayati in the latest chapter doesn't have a booming echoing voice to make him seem more threatening. Just kinda sounds like an ordinary angry dude despite his insane power.

I've also been wondering where the story will go once the Other is finally defeated, which I'm guessing will be in a year or two from now. Maybe the Halidom builds a spaceship and starts to colonize other planets while encountering savage alien fiends. 👽

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Not really sure this needs a spoiler tag, but just to be safe:

This is a really small nitpick, but it bugs me how Morsayati in the latest chapter doesn't have a booming echoing voice to make him seem more threatening. Just kinda sounds like an ordinary angry dude despite his insane power.

I've also been wondering where the story will go once the Other is finally defeated, which I'm guessing will be in a year or two from now. Maybe the Halidom builds a spaceship and starts to colonize other planets while encountering savage alien fiends. 👽

I... I totally want this to happen!

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
My fire team is solid but still decided to throw my single tickets at the new banner for Emma, ended up pulling Rena and Student Maribelle. Can't complain, but gotta stay strong and save the tenfolds and wyrmite. Emma's support kit seems really dope though.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I... I totally want this to happen!

I'll admit I was half-joking about the space stuff, but after the Other is presumably destroyed, another ancient earthly mega-villain that takes a few more years to build up to doesn't sound so compelling. Heck, maybe the Other will completely "warp" the planet making it uninhabitable, and then Ilia herself teleports the Halidom to her own realm/planet and a galactic struggle will ensue.

Aaaaand I have no idea where I'm going with this. 😂

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'll admit I was half-joking about the space stuff, but after the Other is presumably destroyed, another ancient earthly mega-villain that takes a few more years to build up to doesn't sound so compelling. Heck, maybe the Other will completely "warp" the planet making it uninhabitable, and then Ilia herself teleports the Halidom to her own realm/planet and a galactic struggle will ensue.

Aaaaand I have no idea where I'm going with this. 😂

Well wherever you are going with this, I hope Cygames takes note, I like the general idea! :P But yeah whatever happens I want the Dragalia universe expanded via more games and maybe an anime! :D

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
To be honest, I think time/dimension travelling shenanigans with the Other may lead to a Mirage Sessions-style situation where Euden and co are dragged to "our" world where DAOKO ends up being a sort of liaison/helper character with the story progression.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So I just finished Chapter 10 and yeah I can see how people can see it as a bit anti-climatic but

It was also exciting in a way, kind of like an anime would end before Season 2 starts. And it really got me thinking about the world the game plays in and what might the ulterior motive of The Other might be. I mean I don't belive what they said but to even offer a world where mortals could live in peace and saying mortals don't matter much in the grand scheme of things I felt kind of reminded of the overarching conflict in Final Fantasy XIV: ARR. I really can't wait for more, as short the story always comes, it has its hooks in me.

He specifically wants to kill all dragons based on what was said before (and he's even after that again after this chapter too). Chapter 10 oddly just completely omitted that to push the whole "my sister above the world!" scene.

The recent chapter actually made me think that
Harle might actually be working for a third party. He didn't seem to know about Morsayati and after being clearly off his game several times in this chapter was researching about the royal family by the end. It really made him feel more like an outsider than ever before. I wouldn't be surprised if they take down Morsayati just to be attacked by some overseas empire, maybe more well versed in the ancient tech.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
He specifically wants to kill all dragons based on what was said before (and he's even after that again after this chapter too). Chapter 10 oddly just completely omitted that to push the whole "my sister above the world!" scene.

The recent chapter actually made me think that
Harle might actually be working for a third party. He didn't seem to know about Morsayati and after being clearly off his game several times in this chapter was researching about the royal family by the end. It really made him feel more like an outsider than ever before. I wouldn't be surprised if they take down Morsayati just to be attacked by some overseas empire, maybe more well versed in the ancient tech.

Oh for sure.
He def seems to be working for a third party as Loki did in the second arc of feheroes

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
i still do not get why
we had to beat up chton-berius only for him to come back and gets the morsayati bits extracted anyway

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
i still do not get why
we had to beat up chton-berius only for him to come back and gets the morsayati bits extracted anyway

They thought that
if they killed Chthonius/Alberius, the Morsayati part in him would die too, but that didn't happen (although it turned out he hadn't died yet anyway...)

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot why he wants to kill all dragons, unless it has to do with the topic that was brought up during the Saint Lotier chapter. IIRC dragons actively stopped/hindered technological/industrial advancement. It would make sense especially with
androids popping up
in the next story chapter.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

Oh yeah I'm aware of the dragon part but why does he want to do this, where does he com from, what is he? I read some theories on Reddit that suggest almost a FFX Zanerkand kind of situation where it basically boils down to the ancient dragons vs technology war that was mentioned in one of the very first trailers of the game and that Morsayati might actually be partially man-made and not just summoned.

Also according to Reddit

the cube boss in the Ex-Level seems to be an ARG and contain a decrypted message based on a real-world space probe o.o

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
With Ch. 10's release, I forgot to post the new Dragalia Life about Lea. Emma's also came out in the mean time.
958ef2cf040c7111827d35c92c5b90dc.png
608bb80cab7bf6b72680f022fe11c897.png
On my F2P NOTTE account, my free daily deal was Melody, who I didn't have yet.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
Okay, my thoughts on all the villain motivations discussion.

If you add it all up, Morsayati's goals and ideals are pretty clear. He wants to destroy dragonkind and rebuild the technological human civilization that existed in ancient times. He believes that the time since the collapse of that civilization has been a period of human subjugation by the dragons, and that Ilia's efforts to make peace with Elysium and fight against him was surrendering humanity to slavery.

This is all made clear woth the way he refers to Alberius's sword. We've never heard of it existing til now, but all signs point to that sword being a weapon forged from the original Dragalia, the stone born from the peace created by Ilia and Elysium. Yet Morsayati calls that sword a symbol of slavery.

A lot of Morsayati's specific history and motives are unclear, but we do know that the ancient civilization intended to use him as an ultimate weapon against dragons, and that he still, by all appearances, wishes to continue in that role. Of course, this chapter really emphasizes the unreliability of Alberia's known history, so I'm guessing that there are many more revelations to come about what and who he really is.

I like how the story really presents a lot of the world's history as being controlled by different factions trying to act in their best interest, rather than shallow takes on beings of pure good and evil.

You have the ancient humans, Dyreknell Empire, Morsayati, Leonidas, and possibly Phares, who want to prosper in a world of technology free from draconic control.

You have the dragons, who see technology as a grave threat to their own existence, and are willing to massacre and subjugate humanity if necessary in order to protect themselves.

There are humans like Ilia, who are willing to abandon technology and live under draconic supremacy if it means avoiding cataclysmic war. Or similarly people like Chelle and the big tough brother I can't recall the name of, who are willing to bend the knee to whoever is strongest, as long as it brings peace and stability.

And finally, you have people like Alberius, Aurelius, and Euden, who are capable of convincing dragons of humanity's worth and establishing friendship and equality with them.

The story so far has been a big struggle between these four ideologies, and I am looking forward to more of it. I'm just curious if the rise of Morsayati and introduction of androids will cause some of the hardline anti-human dragons to enter the stage as villains.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
That is legitimately insane and a million times more interesting than the actual chapter story 😂

Right?! I felt the same way when I glanced over it this morning and wished I myself would have paid more attention to the cube! I mean this is some next-level stuff even for ARGs, Cygames are the king of riddles! I mean who would think to put this level of cryptography in a mobile-game? :P

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah I'm aware of the dragon part but why does he want to do this, where does he com from, what is he? I read some theories on Reddit that suggest almost a FFX Zanerkand kind of situation where it basically boils down to the ancient dragons vs technology war that was mentioned in one of the very first trailers of the game and that Morsayati might actually be partially man-made and not just summoned.

Also according to Reddit

the cube boss in the Ex-Level seems to be an ARG and contain a decrypted message based on a real-world space probe o.o

Unless there's something more to it I haven't seen, "ARG" feels like a huge stretch to me? It comes across like it's just an easter egg.

All the cipher stuff about the probe is just because the probe was observing Pluto. Cthonius is named Pluto in the Japanese version. That's kinda all...

like the Reddit post says it seems like an ARG but uh... no, all the cipher stuff is pretty clearly detailed in it and it's just facts about the thing, so why are you (EDIT: "you" being the reddit poster) assuming that? I don't know how "I had to use a cipher" = ongoing APG, hah

EDIT:

Right?! I felt the same way when I glanced over it this morning and wished I myself would have paid more attention to the cube! I mean this is some next-level stuff even for ARGs, Cygames are the king of riddles! I mean who would think to put this level of cryptography in a mobile-game? :P

...I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not? Since the Reddit post/replies are serious about this, I'm going to assume you are too, I guess.
To be clear, the "cryptography" was... shifting letters over by 7 and increasing numbers by 2. The "level of cryptography" on display here is uh... how everyone hides spoilers on Twitter? So it's a little silly to act like any serious decryption was done or this was somehow hard to crack, hah.
ARGs regularly go waaaaaaaaaaaay harder than this with their puzzles and how they hide information! There's a reason I'm saying this feels like nothing more than an easter egg.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Shishimai is so much easier than previous Astral Battles, IMO. I managed to get a full clear my second time through. I might have gotten lucky with the AI though, and it probably helped I was running both Heinwald and Summer Verica.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
The best ARG I remember in recent years was definitely what bungie pulled for destiny. so many steps resulting in a hidden cache somewhere in the world.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Shishimai is so much easier than previous Astral Battles, IMO. I managed to get a full clear my second time through. I might have gotten lucky with the AI though, and it probably helped I was running both Heinwald and Summer Verica.

I've had bad luck with teammates so far but it's also very late and my phone keeps having weird performance issues that aren't helping, so I'm gonna try to deal with that tomorrow before trying again.

I did have one run where my whole team was fine... but then everyone else wiped when he was at half health, so. That didn't last. Feels like it's mainly gonna be handling the dance and hail well, as always...

Status
Not open for further replies.