• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
hAKJ8K5.png

Humans and dragons...pactbound once more.

giphy.gif

HGCev4Y.gif

Alberia... A kingdom where dragons rule over nature. The Alberican royal family possesses the power of shapeshifting. By forming a pact with a dragon, they can borrow its form and wield its immense strength.

On day, the kingdom is met with a strange most troubling occurrence. The power of the Sacred Shard that protects the city begins to weaken. In order to protect his person, the seventh prince of Alberia, not yet pactbound with a dragon, sets out on what's known as the Dragon's Choosing.

While he seeks a dragon to form a pact with, he'll meet new companions -- including a mysterious girl from another time -- and face a sudden and inexplicable change in his own father, the king.

Such are the chronicles of the bonds and battles that await the Dragonblood Prince.

ETMAOAS.png

oNi8sUA.gif

By creating a party of four, you embark on quests to slay monsters and clear quests. The game is a top down, action RPG that focuses on dodging enemy attacks while attacking at key moments. Dragalia Lost uses the simple controls of tapping to attack, dragging to move, and swiping to dodge. There are four main classes, five elements, and eight different weapon types, so building a team that works well together is part of the strategy.

SVphUfr.png

Characters can form bonds with dragons, and by attacking and gathering crystals in combat, can transform into dragons themselves to deal massive damage and turn the tide of battle. You can also swap between characters on a short cooldown, whether that be to swap to a healer to land a critical healing spell or a wizard character to freeze all enemies in their tracks.

While the game employs the standard EXP leveling system, there are a couple of other ways to improve your characters. The first is the standard weapon leveling system, where you feed materials to your weapons to rank them up. Weapons are only obtainable from stages and events and are not a part of the gacha. Another way to strengthen your party is through the Mana Circle system, similar to the system found in Tales of Xillia, where you spend mana to upgrade stats of your characters permanently. Finally, there is The Halidom. Your base of operations, it can be improved by building structures like mines, barracks, and so on which can earn you idle gold, improve skills for your characters, and so on.

Pxh8DSz.png

A major focus of the game is multiplayer. By joining forces with up to three other players, you can take down special bosses that would be unfeasible alone. The game uses a stamp communication system. In addition, every single quest can be done multiplayer as well, so if a friend needs help on a story quest, or you feel like running some repeat missions, you are free to do so.

xybpczl.gif

The gacha system is a triple gacha. You pull from a single well, but it can contain characters, dragons, or Wyrmprints. Characters are the characters you play as in the game proper. They are your direct control units, and are members of a specific class, have elemental properties, and use specific types of weapons. Dragons are the dragons you can transform into using the Shapeshifting ability. Finally, there are Wyrmprints, which act as little accessory cards you equip to your characters. These have special effects outside of just straight number buffs, so they can change how a character or team is played. They can be improved just like weapons.

Similar to some other gacha games, characters 'star' levels (their rarity) can be promoted by pulling duplicates and using Eldwater, a currency just for this purpose.

Finally, the game employs two premium currencies: Wyrmite and Diamantium. Wyrmite is earned from login bonuses, quest completions, event rewards, and so on. Diamantium is purchased only. They will likely have certain banners that can only be pulled from using Diamantium, like the "guarantee 1 SSR character" banners in other games that require paid premium currency only.

Quote for ID List

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to playing this casually as with all my gacha games. I'm always intimidated with how time consuming GBF was, and hopefully this one is easier to follow on my own pace.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing three gacha games(Azur, FEH, FGO) already, which is my limit. But I'll at least give it a shot.

NyxKiria

Self-Requested Permanent Ban
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
hype. subscribed. i have just changed my nintendo account region and downloaded the game from US app store. im all set

Oct 25, 2017
It's not playable till late Thursday, I think.
Have it downloaded. The pre order/preload from the App Store was pretty cool, icon just appeared on my phone.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not playing as much GBF right now so I'm ready for this.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited. Too bad that there's no Android preload.

Last edited:

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm super excited for this! Hope to it becomes a new mainstay in my Gacha rotation right now and will help fill the hole left by T*les of the R*ys.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to play this. Love the art style and how everything looks in general. FEH is the only gacha style mobile game that I play regularly, so we'll see if this can hold me enough that I want to play it for even a few minutes every day.

Hoping to preload on Android today at some point.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really need another gacha in my life, but it's Cygames so I'll allow it

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty much any free mobile game then, it doesn't really mean anything.

frankabus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
From what I've read, this game is very, very free to play, so I'm cautious.

No one really knows anything about how the game will progress since it's not even out yet. Even people like Gamexplain who got to preview it only got to play the earliest quests which aren't indicative of difficulty by any means. That said, being developed by Nintendo and Cygames, we can start to hope for similar treatment to Fire Emblem Heroes and Granblue Fantasy, which I believe are both pretty friendly to F2P as far as I know (I don't play them myself).

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm thinking of messing around with this casually alongside FEH

One question tho, when playing co-op multiplayer do you control your own group of 4 party members or are 4 different players each controlling one member?
Since I'll mostly mess around with co-op I wanna know if I should just heavily invest in one random character or spread it out over more.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Gacha rates have apparently been datamined, 1% for 5* characters, 0.5% for 5* dragons and 4.5% for 5* wyrmprints. It's pretty much on FGO levels, which is disappointing.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of messing around with this casually alongside FEH

One question tho, when playing co-op multiplayer do you control your own group of 4 party members or are 4 different players each controlling one member?
Since I'll mostly mess around with co-op I wanna know if I should just heavily invest in one random character or spread it out over more.
Raids = 4 players each controlling their entire party.
Normal multiplayer = 4 players each controlling a character.

I believe.

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Now I can play something other than Dissidia and GBF on my phone! Really dig the use of colors for all the art of stuff, its pretty appealing at a first glance.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
So much of the conversation has been about the gacha system, I just want to know how fun the game actually is to play. Action based combat sounds great, but is there anything to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.