• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
image0.jpg

Taken from the Cyberagent financial results.

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
image0.jpg

Taken from the Cyberagent financial results.

Yea, CyberAgent released their full year results today and has had a results presentation earlier today at 4.30pm in Japan. Still early days I think but the CyberAgent president Susumu Fujita has it classed as one of the company's hits already (as it should). That says earnings for this FY would be minimal as the game was only in service for 3-4 days prior to the FY finishing. (The only thing he really got wrong was that he says it was released in North America - only US for now). Also the sector is absolutely stagnating (red ocean in mobile in Japan, but that means more push for localisations like this title, which is good. Cygames are also now allied with Nintendo so future mobile/Switch projects also act as a buffer to that)

Lucky for us there's an English translation of the slides and the presentation~
https://www.cyberagent.co.jp/en/ir/library/results/

Results (English):
http://pdf.cyberagent.co.jp/C4751/jasE/xbOG/WJpL.pdf

O4nrvRY.png

XjiCaSO.png

Presentation (voice translated on the fly in English, stream is not region locked):
https://freshlive.tv/cairen/224879

Dragalia Lost starts at 10:30 and finishes at about 11:30.
'Best hit that we've (aka entire company) released so far looking at the first 3 weeks of performance'

The reason Fujita couldn't go into much more detail of the ratios and whatnot is that that information is probably saved for Nintendo's half yearly briefing which should be 30 October (next Tuesday). If we're lucky might get more information about its sales ratio and its rollout schedule worldwide.

EDIT: oops corrected time

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the success will hurry them to release in other markets. It makes me wonder if what's holding it up could be licensing issues, I know a lot of the music in-game is done by DAOKO so maybe that's why?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Hit a small milestone, 12K Might on my welfare-characters only account without spending a single wyrmite.

Along with all the summon tickets I've hoarded, I can do 194 pulls in total. I feel like I haven't spent any stamina or getherwing items, but I easily could have and not remembered. I still have the majority of the freebies they gave out regardless.

The biggest limitation I've felt is definitely with this event. I've accomplished every Halloween endeavor except for the Halloween Hero epithet, but I was potentially not going to clear Halloween Horrors at all if not for going really hard for these last few days. This event REALLY favored having a full Light team, to the point where my 3* account progressed a lot faster comparatively. Hopefully they give out more event characters in the near future, since I'm nearing the point where I'm just gonna be stockpiling mana and exp crystals for that potential character.

Overall though, this has been fun. I'm still able to do basically all the content my main whale account can, and hopefully that's still the case going forward. Upgrading the smithy right now and looking forward to finally having 4* elemental weapons on this account since I only have 2 wyrmsmiths.

Last edited:

pauloshinobi

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Earned the 2-minute Epiteth, guys!

Sweet Retreat just reached level 30 as well. Now I'll just try and earn some more prizes until the event expires

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
My God. I decided to craft a 4 star elemental dagger on a whim since I haven't used my mats in a while.

50 insignias? Turns out I had 20 and they come 3 at a time. RIP

Maybe I should just stick to 4 star tier 2.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
My God. I decided to craft a 4 star elemental dagger on a whim since I haven't used my mats in a while.

50 insignias? Turns out I had 20 and they come 3 at a time. RIP

Maybe I should just stick to 4 star tier 2.
with the daily bonuses they stack up pretty fast. I only decided to start farming them less than a week ago and got enough insignias of two diferent elements to craft t3 weapons

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you can get like 6 insignias per daily if you do Expert, so you still can't farm them as easily as you'd want beyond that initial +18 or so (well I guess that'd be about +27 at that point?) but it's not that bad.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
https://twitter.com/johntv/status/1055443317838598144?s=21

Pretty disappointed about this. Choosing Luca as my main was a big mistake - he's an awful character, and as a result, I'm not going to be able to clear the challenge battle with my current setup. T_T

Nintendo/Cygames didn't give you any hint?
But yea bow needs big buff in this game.
Extremely weak normal combo and extremely weak (on top of bugged) force strike.
They try to give status ailment infliction to bow users to make up for those drawbacks, but most bosses are immune to status, so ....
If anyone wants to play range, wand is the weapon.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018

Pretty disappointed about this. Choosing Luca as my main was a big mistake - he's a pretty weak character comparatively, and as a result, I'm not going to be able to clear the challenge battle with my current setup. T_T
Would it be feasible to scramble thigns around a bit and main edward instead? Just dump as much as you can into him? On the other hand you might not wanna invest much in a 3*

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Would it be feasible to scramble thigns around a bit and main edward instead? Just dump as much as you can into him? On the other hand you might not wanna invest much in a 3*

It's ok to invest in H Edward.
His Str stats is actually quite decent, higher than many 4*.
Blade is also one of the best weapon type.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty disappointed about this. Choosing Luca as my main was a big mistake - he's a pretty weak character comparatively, and as a result, I'm not going to be able to clear the challenge battle with my current setup. T_T

I'd say weapon might be the more limiting factor as Eliseo said than needing the 5* as you mentioned in the tweet. I was already able to just barely clear but getting the 4* T3 on Amane really changed things. And that's with worse light dragons than you (the only >3* light dragons I have are Jupiters and although one is now fully unbound Jupiter that's only 10% to both stats). I also don't have any 5* on the team; the only 5* I have to begin with is Ezelith and she was in the team for the bit after I got her, but she wasn't doing any better than Orsem who has more HP so I brought him back in. And now I'm running Malka (light lance 3*) in that slot with only the first mana circle's HP bonuses and he's doing better by the sheer nature of being light + being able to use the event weapon.

My current team and the team I used to do the 2 minute clear (which I've gotten again on the current team, and with everyone alive):

But I don't want to discount how helpful playing Amane is, since as you point out I'm guessing Luca's not exactly doing that kind of damage; I just don't think it's quuuuite as simple as rarity (and the dragon rarity seems more important anyway since the jump in stat % boosts can be huge, compared to the 4* story units even). Bow units are "support" characters and not "attack" characters so that's already a disadvantage, not to mention I'd guess that the bow force strike glitches are probably hurting you on wave 3 and for breaking the boss, right? And I don't really play them, but my few other ones have a "full HP = % chance of doing a status" ability. For some reason Luca just... doesn't, it's a strength buff at full HP? I assume that's because they wanted him to be good for solo play too? But it probably makes him even less useful.

Also, not sure if Crystalian Envoy on an AI is the best choice given how much damage they tend to take would regularly put them <70% hp, hmm. At least, using my H. Edward as a basis for comparison, hah.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think you necessarily need a 5* character. Blade is one of my favourite weapons in this game and using Celliera from previous event as my main and H.Edward from this one allowed me to clear the 2 min. challenge

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, you can get like 6 insignias per daily if you do Expert, so you still can't farm them as easily as you'd want beyond that initial +18 or so (well I guess that'd be about +27 at that point?) but it's not that bad.

Oh. I was doing master since they both cost 3 getherwings. In that case I can probably make it tomorrow then.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

It is possible to do the challenge with Luca but you need a ele 4* bow.

Um...

That's a 3* elemental weapon on MC-kun. Luca is definitely not ideal, but he's serviceable. My strategy was to start with Cleo to build heals, use Ranzal on Wave 3 to force strike and clear the skeletons, switch back to Cleo to keep everyone up, then finish with Luca, starting the last wave by transforming on the skeleton and killing it with dragon auto attacks. But that's because my non-Light characters essentially take double damage so I needed to compensate for that with Cleo and Healer Helpers. You can probably get away with playing Edward to clear the waves, and possibly swap to Luca for the boss if you're more familiar with him.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Just need to fix force strike for bows. Make the area larger and the arrows land near immediately. In its current state it is near impossible to even break shields on a basic enemy with a shield. Not to mention Bow force strike sometimes misfires or fires in an area where you weren't aiming.

It's weird that they are so silent on Bow issues. Have they even acknowledged that it is an issue they are looking into?

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
They acknowledged that there is a delay at least on a dragalia Life xd.

Other than that... No.

Its funny because the wand FS works similar but the delay (firing It, and hitting) is much more manageable

Oct 26, 2017
They acknowledged that there is a delay at least on a dragalia Life xd.

Other than that... No.

Its funny because the wand FS works similar but the delay (firing It, and hitting) is much more manageable

I've also noticed Wand FS hits things on its way to its destination as well, so even if the enemy moved it could still hit it.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
The only thing that matters to me is that i cant even break shields unless the mob isnt moving (and usually they come to you)

Lumbai

Apr 12, 2018
UK
Maybe the success will hurry them to release in other markets. It makes me wonder if what's holding it up could be licensing issues, I know a lot of the music in-game is done by DAOKO so maybe that's why?

It will probably be a combination of this and the challenges of doing an EFIGS release of a game with 100s of voiced characters. Not counting the ongoing work needed for new units whenever an update happens

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I can't beat the wave battle and I don't want to commit to my light team in order to do so because I don't like any of them but Althemia.

Do we get to keep the snack building in our castle?

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
For those familiar with Granblue, did Cygames make sweeping changes to their game due to fan feedback?

I wouldn't say "sweeping" but Granblue does lots of rebalance updates, material cost changes, and updated gameplay features/events, in addition to "apology gems" when updates go wrong. They also pay attention to how players are performing in the game. For example, if they notice not many players are obtaining a "hard to get" reward in an event, they tend to lower the difficulty of obtaining it for future events with similar requirements.

Mabufudyne

Oct 27, 2017
Great to hear that Dragalia is doing so well. I've only just started last week, but I think CyGames and Nintendo have a very solid foundation to build upon.

The moment-to-moment gameplay is good, production values are solid, the OST is great (praise Daoko), the writing, while not exactly the most innovative, is charming and snappy and all the dialogue reads very well (props to 8-4, as always), and so on. It's got a few kinks to work out, of course, like the weapon type balancing, event structure, wyrmprints, finicky controls (especially when it comes to force strikes), the AI, etc. but as someone who initially brushed this game off because of how generic and boring I thought it looked, I'm happy to be wrong and to be enjoying this game instead.

gender options/female protagonist option when tho

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
the damage is "balanced" tho. it will be criminal if it had the same damage ratios as melee without the risk of tanking enemy hits. it need better Skill recharge speed, and yes, fix the Force Strike

Bow's normal combo damage is much lower than even Wand.
Some of the hits are spread out making it terrible weapon for single target.
Other weapons like blade and axe has aoe that does not spread damage over several hits.
Bow's skill recharge speed is fine actually. It's only slightly lower than wand.
Force strike is beyond terrible. Big delay, bugged and it has lowest OD multiplier tied with Axe, which has best utility and area of hit for FS.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
They just need the force strike to be a slow homing arrow shower like mage auto attacks. When your main damage and focus is on force strikes and the Archer one is as bad as it is, it needs reworking.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Bow's normal combo damage is much lower than even Wand.
Some of the hits are spread out making it terrible weapon for single target.
Other weapons like blade and axe has aoe that does not spread damage over several hits.
Bow's skill recharge speed is fine actually. It's only slightly lower than wand.
Force strike is beyond terrible. Big delay, bugged and it has lowest OD multiplier tied with Axe, which has best utility and area of hit for FS.

wands normal attacks also home.

Maribelle and Lily are two of the best characters in game, and Hawk and Nef def aren't.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
if at least the archers would release the arrows when they shout.... but even then there is a delay.

the archers already have the delay of aiming (unless there are no more enemies, in which case the autoaim works perfect), then shooting (there is another delay here from when you release the "button"), then the shower comes down....

after all that work and delays... you get that sometimes they slightly move and they are unharmed, or even when you properly hit the damage is not even worth to kill some small mobs sometimes... >_< (and yeah, im factoring in proper element and some wyrmprints to add +20% FS damage)

Status
Not open for further replies.