• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
Just achieved the sub 100 sec reward with a Lily, Julietta, H.Elly, and Hilde team. No green adventurers needed. Leviathan Tidal Wave did 20K damage.

Last edited:

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I managed to get a double KO in the challenge stage :lol

Cleo was my last surviving character and the boss killed me just as my last attack reached him. Got a "clear" out of that :P

May 1, 2018
Heh, my Halidom got upgraded to the 300 level too. Smithy upgrade's gonna start in... about half an hour. So tomorrow to finish.

I started like, three weeks after launch? Sometime during Halloween.

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
I hate so much that the next Halidom upgrade after 400 doesn't require 500, but 550! ughhhhh

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't that upgrade just for space (which you don't need), though? Since Smithy's maxed at level 9, which you can already do at that point.

I'm at 538 facility and Smithy level 8 just because I haven't upgraded that yet, in any case. I should proooobably start on making a 5* weapon as I've still been too afraid to commit to that yet vs just pushing up to 4* T3s for my event mains. I'm still thinking a dagger might be most useful since Ezelith/Orsem/Orion all use it... but now that I have Lily to main for water I dunno when Orsem would even need that, Ezelith already has a 4* T3 from the last event, and I already have 2 UB towards the dark 4* so I'm not sure it's worth making the 5* instead of just pushing that to T3 for Orion next event? I probably should have been smart and started on that last event; Amane and Eleonora getting T3s was fine because I only had them for their weapon (until getting Lily), but the dagger could obviously have been shared.

...basically, while I appreciate that 5* weapons don't invalidate 4*s entirely, the stats being so close makes it feel really hard to justify blindly making any given the limited number of sands and how few things even need 4* T3 level stats to begin with, let alone 5* stats.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Level 8 Halidom is also a huge aesthetic upgrade - it replaces the primitive stone fences with proper stone walls with towers and battlements and all.

(Sadly, the final aesthetic upgrade at level 10/11 is not available yet, and is probably going to be story-gated. How vexing.)

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Isn't that upgrade just for space (which you don't need), though? Since Smithy's maxed at level 9, which you can already do at that point.

I'm at 538 facility and Smithy level 8 just because I haven't upgraded that yet, in any case. I should proooobably start on making a 5* weapon as I've still been too afraid to commit to that yet vs just pushing up to 4* T3s for my event mains. I'm still thinking a dagger might be most useful since Ezelith/Orsem/Orion all use it... but now that I have Lily to main for water I dunno when Orsem would even need that, Ezelith already has a 4* T3 from the last event, and I already have 2 UB towards the dark 4* so I'm not sure it's worth making the 5* instead of just pushing that to T3 for Orion next event? I probably should have been smart and started on that last event; Amane and Eleonora getting T3s was fine because I only had them for their weapon (until getting Lily), but the dagger could obviously have been shared.

...basically, while I appreciate that 5* weapons don't invalidate 4*s entirely, the stats being so close makes it feel really hard to justify blindly making any given the limited number of sands and how few things even need 4* T3 level stats to begin with, let alone 5* stats.

5* T2 while only slightly weaker than 4* T3, is also usable by all element, whereas 4* T3 is restricted to a single element.
My strategy is based on weapon skill. I make 4* T3 and 5* T2 for weapon branch with damage skill.
For example I make 4* T3 for Kleimann and 5* T2 that branch towards Light/Water, which can also be used by other characters.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Mhmm, well, looking at it I guess making a 5* T2 dagger with 0 unbinds would be stronger than the 4* T2 with 2 that Orion already has, and it's not ridiculously more expensive (275k vs 200k) than pushing it to T3? So I guess I can start with that, sure.

Otherwise, I'm just not as confident with what weapons I'd need, but I should actually start thinking through this things instead of avoiding it.

...meanwhile, have almost full stamina. Not sure if I should dump it into the ruins (and which?) for this final day of the discount or just get more challenge battles done, hmm.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Other characters can use tier 3 weapons.

4* T3 0UB on wrong element is worse than MUB 5* T1 and it also takes more resources to make.
Also equipping wrong element does not give you access to weapon skill.

Mhmm, well, looking at it I guess making a 5* T2 dagger with 0 unbinds would be stronger than the 4* T2 with 2 that Orion already has, and it's not ridiculously more expensive (275k vs 200k) than pushing it to T3? So I guess I can start with that, sure.

Otherwise, I'm just not as confident with what weapons I'd need, but I should actually start thinking through this things instead of avoiding it.

...meanwhile, have almost full stamina. Not sure if I should dump it into the ruins (and which?) for this final day of the discount or just get more challenge battles done, hmm.

5* T2 0UB costs around 325k rupies, roughly equivalent to cost of making 4* T3.
The real cost though lies in granite. You'll need 225 of those and 1 standard/expert ruin only gives you 3-5 and normally takes 10-15 stamina (currently 5-7).
I'd advise to dump everything on ruin today. Should even consider using some honey too.

May 1, 2018
I've used 1 quality honey on Ruins today. Will probably use another or two. Want to hit at least 400 granite.

Should probably upgrade my 4*T2 axe further for Ranzal in this event... maybe I'll just hold off until the Smithy upgrades for a 5* axe. Gotta be prepared if I roll Karina or Julietta, or even Erik for upcoming Shadow event. Start on a 5* Blade too for Melody, maybe Taro (I'm working on the 4*T3 for him since the defense buff goes with Valiant Crown, which goes with his Last Defense), hopefully Mikoto or Musashi.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
4* T3 0UB on wrong element is worse than MUB 5* T1 and it also takes more resources to make.
Also equipping wrong element does not give you access to weapon skill.

5* T2 0UB costs around 325k rupies, roughly equivalent to cost of making 4* T3.
The real cost though lies in granite. You'll need 225 of those and 1 standard/expert ruin only gives you 3-5 and normally takes 10-15 stamina (currently 5-7).
I'd advise to dump everything on ruin today. Should even consider using some honey too.

(It'd be vs 200k as I already have the 4* T2 2UB dagger on the dark path, to be clear.)

Well, I think I'm doing ok-ish on materials? Obviously they'll get used up pretty damn fast once I start doing anything with 5*s, but...

ftc6eb9.jpg

BGTMN2B.jpg

Not sure which would be best to grab more of ASAP, hmm... I should have thought about this before there was only 2.5 hours left, welp. I guess wind and dark, for both materials and the orbs?

...meanwhile, now I'm also regretting dumping some rupies into making another 4* T2 0UB wand for Lily, because I already had the other path's one (with damage skill) from my little Halloween panic over Amane, so if I'm not gonna make a T3 for her anyway she could have just used that till I started on a 5* T2, which... actually would have made the Amane panic not a waste instead of wasting more money again. Whoops. Guess I can care about that after the dark event's done, though.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
(It'd be vs 200k as I already have the 4* T2 2UB dagger on the dark path, to be clear.)

Well, I think I'm doing ok-ish on materials? Obviously they'll get used up pretty damn fast once I start doing anything with 5*s, but...

Not sure which would be best to grab more of ASAP, hmm... I should have thought about this before there was only 2.5 hours left, welp. I guess wind and dark, for both materials and the orbs?

...meanwhile, now I'm also regretting dumping some rupies into making another 4* T2 0UB wand for Lily, because I already had the other path's one (with damage skill) from my little Halloween panic over Amane, so if I'm not gonna make a T3 for her anyway she could have just used that till I started on a 5* T2, which... actually would have made the Amane panic not a waste instead of wasting more money again. Whoops. Guess I can care about that after the dark event's done, though.

Honestly which to grind depends on what character you have and which one you plan to invest on.
It's especially relevant for Fire char since HM is the only end game content available now.
Bear in mind you need 1125 t2 mats per 5* t3, which in best case scenario means 1125 stamina.
It's unlikely you'll have enough stamina to be able to grind multiple mats.
Of course if you have Verica with MUB Phoenix, you can instead focus on which Wind char to gear, assuming High Mercury is the next end game trial.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
i finally got Lowen! two of them at once even (T_T)
what is funny is that after 60+ pulls i have yet to see even a 5*wyrmprint in this banner. im afraid that i will lose the 5* pity rate at this point

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Hit another small milestone on my no-pulls account, 30K Wyrmite gained.

In total I can do 376 summons when including the tickets. Haven't felt super hampered, especially during the last raid event. I decided to keep going with Expert and EX even after hitting 3K Gold Emblems for the extra Blazon summons and player XP, which resulted in leveling up a lot. Ended up getting over 8K Emblems in total because I devoted all my getherwings to the raid, and I continually kept getting EX unlocked.

At the moment for this wind event, I'm wholly devoted on just getting enough materials to upgrade the facility to 30, haven't even attempted the challenge battle yet since I wanted to take advantage of half-stamina event for more resources to eventually build a 5* weapon. I'm still a long way from it, but it'll be nice to not worry about granite as much since I plan to make Euden my first 5*, just 4.3K Elwater away.

On my main account, I went HARD on the challenge battle and got all the divine gale rewards, so now it's just getting resources for the facility and preparing for the next High Dragon, whom I'm assuming will be High Mercury based on this event/banner. I'll most likely main Lowen assuming there isn't a better wind healer releasing beforehand, which I doubt. Just in case though, I'm holding off on 5* promoting until Mercury officially comes out.

For High Midgard, I decided to max out Verica, even getting her a 5* weapon despite that not being necessary at all. She's one of the few who can get by on High Midgard with a max unbound 4* weapon, so I don't recommend anyone else give her a 5* weapon, but I like playing healers a lot. It lets me give more leeway to random folk by giving them more heals, and a teensy amount of extra DPS. I dedicate some time to beat High Midgard in pickup games at least once everyday so I don't lose the muscle memory, and haven't had too much trouble overall.

Based on the random people I've suceeded HMS with, my personal tier list outside Verica on who's best suited for pick-up HMS Games (just playing with random people and no pre-made) is probably Mikoto > Euden >= Vanessa > Sinoa = Ezelith. I've yet to play with Naveed's to really form an opinion on him yet. Mikoto is good enough to where having 3 of them is fine, and Euden is good enough to have 2 of him (maybe even 3, haven't had games with that yet). You can't really double up on Vanessa/Ezelith/Sinoa, but I do find runs with Vanessa can go more smoothly thanks to her damage reduction safety net.

Sinoa needs Vanessa to survive the first burst hit with a DPS dragon equipped, whereas Ezelith is melee and can easily end a run if she's hit once, whereas I don't think having 2 Vanessa's provides enough DPS usually. Admittedly I haven't played enough games with 2 Vanessa's to really judge, but usually one of them immediately leaves a lobby if they see there's one in the party already. You only need 1 Verica as well, but at least Verica is mandatory for HMS, so there's always demand for her to some degree. To be clear, I'm not saying you can't clear HMS with Sinoa or Ezelith, my first ever clear was with a Sinoa and my most recent one had an Ezelith playing perfectly, I just believe it's harder to find games and a harder fight overall playing as them compared to playing as Mikoto/Euden/Vanessa. If you're fine with that, they're still very viable, especially if you plan to play with a specific group.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Hit another small milestone on my no-pulls account, 30K Wyrmite gained.

In total I can do 376 summons when including the tickets. Haven't felt super hampered, especially during the last raid event. I decided to keep going with Expert and EX even after hitting 3K Gold Emblems for the extra Blazon summons and player XP, which resulted in leveling up a lot. Ended up getting over 8K Emblems in total because I devoted all my getherwings to the raid, and I continually kept getting EX unlocked.

At the moment for this wind event, I'm wholly devoted on just getting enough materials to upgrade the facility to 30, haven't even attempted the challenge battle yet since I wanted to take advantage of half-stamina event for more resources to eventually build a 5* weapon. I'm still a long way from it, but it'll be nice to not worry about granite as much since I plan to make Euden my first 5*, just 4.3K Elwater away.

On my main account, I went HARD on the challenge battle and got all the divine gale rewards, so now it's just getting resources for the facility and preparing for the next High Dragon, whom I'm assuming will be High Mercury based on this event/banner. I'll most likely main Lowen assuming there isn't a better wind healer releasing beforehand, which I doubt. Just in case though, I'm holding off on 5* promoting until Mercury officially comes out.

For High Midgard, I decided to max out Verica, even getting her a 5* weapon despite that not being necessary at all. She's one of the few who can get by on High Midgard with a max unbound 4* weapon, so I don't recommend anyone else give her a 5* weapon, but I like playing healers a lot. It lets me give more leeway to random folk by giving them more heals, and a teensy amount of extra DPS. I dedicate some time to beat High Midgard in pickup games at least once everyday so I don't lose the muscle memory, and haven't had too much trouble overall.

Based on the random people I've suceeded HMS with, my personal tier list outside Verica on who's best suited for pick-up HMS Games (just playing with random people and no pre-made) is probably Mikoto > Euden >= Vanessa > Sinoa = Ezelith. I've yet to play with Naveed's to really form an opinion on him yet. Mikoto is good enough to where having 3 of them is fine, and Euden is good enough to have 2 of him (maybe even 3, haven't had games with that yet). You can't really double up on Vanessa/Ezelith/Sinoa, but I do find runs with Vanessa can go more smoothly thanks to her damage reduction safety net.

Sinoa needs Vanessa to survive the first burst hit with a DPS dragon equipped, whereas Ezelith is melee and can easily end a run if she's hit once, whereas I don't think having 2 Vanessa's provides enough DPS usually. Admittedly I haven't played enough games with 2 Vanessa's to really judge, but usually one of them immediately leaves a lobby if they see there's one in the party already. You only need 1 Verica as well, but at least Verica is mandatory for HMS, so there's always demand for her to some degree. To be clear, I'm not saying you can't clear HMS with Sinoa or Ezelith, my first ever clear was with a Sinoa and my most recent one had an Ezelith playing perfectly, I just believe it's harder to find games and a harder fight overall playing as them compared to playing as Mikoto/Euden/Vanessa. If you're fine with that, they're still very viable, especially if you plan to play with a specific group.

HMS still seems bugged, a bunch of us got frozen during an attack.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat (but not complete) Event Challenge. Holy hell, they're asking for 7000 might to beat at least, but it's more like 10000 Might minimum to have all of your 4 party members survive.

I need more of that Wyrmprint that has Bog resistance. Seems like the key is really stunning that boss and dealing as much damage as you can.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Almost beat it, it seems everyone with exp saves their dragon transform when he doubles up on the stack move with the tornado move.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Yeah, our models just froze (not stunned, we were all 100% resist characters), we couldn't move as he was doing the move that requires you to spread out.

Almost beat it, it seems everyone with exp saves their dragon transform when he doubles up on the stack move with the tornado move.

Huh, never had that happen before personally, but that could be because I'm playing as Verica. How often have you run into that bug?

During his tornado/stack target combo, ideally Verica should run close to Midgard to get targeted while everyone else prepares to avoid the tornados. Verica then runs into the middle of the arena and pops Phoenix/Phoenix Heal so she can wrangle Midgard to the center and I-frame the tornados/Midgard with Phoenix Heal while having Phoenix takes the stack target hit. Obviously, not all Verica's know this, so people will save their dragons in case they get targeted instead and need to use it to save themselves.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, never had that happen before personally, but that could be because I'm playing as Verica. How often have you run into that bug?

During his tornado/stack target combo, ideally Verica should run close to Midgard to get targeted while everyone else prepares to avoid the tornados. Verica then runs into the middle of the arena and pops Phoenix/Phoenix Heal so she can wrangle Midgard to the center and I-frame the tornados/Midgard with Phoenix Heal while having Phoenix takes the stack target hit. Obviously, not all Verica's know this, so people will save their dragons in case they get targeted instead and need to use it to save themselves.

That move in general seems to mess a lot of people up (the tornado wave) people will call it too early (get to bottom of screen) and waste DPS time and confuse players. Though they could fix it by making it so that you have more time to position when he says he's about to use it with the speech bubble. Depending on where he is he can say it and then a Tornado appears on his body if he's at the top of the map and you die.

People seem to have poor judgement in the room too, if a person os willing to waste time hopping from room to room to look for an all Mikoto DPS team with healer, they probably need to make a premade.

I'm seeing Euden's being rejected. Might send feedback to tune this content so this doesn't happen often.

Last edited:

Lumbai

Apr 12, 2018
UK
Starting mapping out the climb to HMS ahead, there's a long grind for me aha.

Thing is I'm planning to bring Vanessa as a few sites rate her as good DPS after Mikoto (don't have him)
Will I get noped forever if I'm not Mikoto/Verica?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
That move in general seems to mess a lot of people up (the tornado wave) people will call it too early (get to bottom of screen) and waste DPS time and confuse players. Though they could fix it by making it so that you have more time to position when he says he's about to use it with the speech bubble. Depending on where he is he can say it and then a Tornado appears on his body if he's at the top of the map and you die.

Eh, I think it's just something you pick up on with experience. There are new people everyday who just hit the threshold to try HMS, so they don't know the mechanics yet. Midgard is very consistent with his attack patterns, and as a team you can wrangle him away from the top if you're all on the same page. Either way, I personally prefer people being too safe and losing several seconds of DPS than potentially dying and losing upwards of a minute of DPS, it's a lot more likely to succeed.

Starting mapping out the climb to HMS ahead, there's a long grind for me aha.

Thing is I'm planning to bring Vanessa as a few sites rate her as good DPS after Mikoto (don't have him)
Will I get noped forever if I'm not Mikoto/Verica?

Vanessa's really solid, roughly as good as Euden, people are just hesitant on having 2. So if you join a party with one already just leave and try again. You'll be loved by any Sinoa since they need your damage reduction co-op ability to survival. I've had great success with a balanced team of Verica/Mikoto/Euden/Vanessa, possibly more so than 2-3 Mikotos.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I beat the raid today (somehow all of my team managed to survive until the end too), but I'm really not feeling confident about the achievement. It doesn't help that I have no good wind dragon. My best would probably be Midgardsorm, and that's really not saying much. That being said, I do have a few more upgrades left on my building so I'll keep at it.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I beat the raid today (somehow all of my team managed to survive until the end too), but I'm really not feeling confident about the achievement. It doesn't help that I have no good wind dragon. My best would probably be Midgardsorm, and that's really not saying much. That being said, I do have a few more upgrades left on my building so I'll keep at it.

I saw someone got the ephitet without a single wind unit in his/her team (Lily, Hilde, H Elly, Julietta).

Lumbai

Apr 12, 2018
UK
Vanessa's really solid, roughly as good as Euden, people are just hesitant on having 2. So if you join a party with one already just leave and try again. You'll be loved by any Sinoa since they need your damage reduction co-op ability to survival. I've had great success with a balanced team of Verica/Mikoto/Euden/Vanessa, possibly more so than 2-3 Mikotos.

Nice, I'll get to work on that Axe then :)

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
I have finally promoted Euden... I just dont have anyone better and that way i can finally move on and try to commit fully for the sword/altars for HMS

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
People seem to have poor judgement in the room too, if a person os willing to waste time hopping from room to room to look for an all Mikoto DPS team with healer, they probably need to make a premade.

I'm seeing Euden's being rejected. Might send feedback to tune this content so this doesn't happen often.

I'm not sure how widespread Euden's being rejected is, though admittedly I mostly host and play Verica. I've succeeded many times with 1-2 Eudens, so I would say it's more people being elitist instead of Euden not being good for the content. I'd take an Euden over an Ezelith, Sinoa, or Naveed easily, and he's on the same level as Vanessa if not slightly preferred, from my personal experience.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Eh, I think it's just something you pick up on with experience. There are new people everyday who just hit the threshold to try HMS, so they don't know the mechanics yet. Midgard is very consistent with his attack patterns, and as a team you can wrangle him away from the top if you're all on the same page. Either way, I personally prefer people being too safe and losing several seconds of DPS than potentially dying and losing upwards of a minute of DPS, it's a lot more likely to succeed.

I trust your judgement, but I'm noticing a significant amount of hosts leaving if I join as Ven. Its not most of the time but its enough for me to wonder whar the heck is up, my strength on her is over 2000, can survive the blast everytime, 48 completed on mana rings, 5 star weapon with one unbind.

Oct 25, 2017
5* weapons are too expensive especially on elechange.

Guess I'll do all my teams with the 4 ones and do the elements on those.

Also I guess that necessary too since master onslaught needs strong teams.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I wish they would fix Lowen ai bug already. He is pretty useless in the Challenge as it is.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I trust your judgement, but I'm noticing a significant amount of hosts leaving if I join as Ven. Its not most of the time but its enough for me to wonder whar the heck is up, my strength on her is over 2000, can survive the blast everytime, 48 completed on mana rings, 5 star weapon with one unbind.

You'll always have elitists who specifically want absurd stuff/specific team comps, or only look at Might scores and having the epithet. As long as it's not most of the time I wouldn't stress too much about it.

There's also a "ghost host" bug that can happen with lobbies where the host isn't there, so you can join and then it says the host left, when in reality the host wasn't there to see you in the first place. When a host says to remake the lobby after a clear, and then an error occurs, the lobby is still made but is disbanded with a "host left" shortly after despite the host never being there. It's the same thing as when someone joins, seems to be afk, then leaves, it's usually because an error occurred upon joining but the people in the lobby still see them join.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Pubbing HMid as Verica is demonstrably more shit this week than last. I can only surmise that due to the population imbalance, for every run a Verica players get into, good DPS on average gets into 50% more, and a lot of the really good DPS are getting done with their grind (haven't seen that lv135 Aoi in a while for example) leaving worse and worse pickings.

edit: On the flipside there are more than a couple 5.3kSinoa/Vanessa pairs I've noticed queueing together and those runs are almost autowin. Hopefully those guys aren't done anytime soon.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
What are people doing when he summons help and spams tornados in the middle of the adds so you can't attack them?

Yeah, the guides don't really mention that Mid keeps attacking during that.

Also noting that people have issues reading the boss when he hugs the wall (I do to on occasion), so mistakes are made more likely there, but he always ends up dashing towards a wall.

Last edited:

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Any strategy for the wind belch move (places three tornados on the ground)? Because he dime turns when he uses it, its harder to predict where he will aim it and the belch animations seems to damage you too for some reason as I've been off to the side but still take damage from it because I'm simply touching him as he uses it, and notice other members also dying to it. Looking at videos it seems slightly random if players avoid it as they burn the boss and they don't really do anything beyond maybe popping a skill.

There are some things that pretty random because of the physics, he summons help, I run over to help with the summons and before I can even get there something knocks me into the air and I get hit by his tornado belch attack while in the air. I think that has to do with the fact that when adds summon they can almost immediately attack. I was also up against a wall so my only option was to run towards the adds to fight them anyway.

I'm also running into some host trolls who sit in a lobby hosting as a character they know is not suited for the content and just let the room be a revolving door of players.

Last edited:

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Any strategy for the wind belch move (places three tornados on the ground)? Because he dime turns when he uses it, its harder to predict where he will aim it and the belch animations seems to damage you too for some reason as I've been off to the side but still take damage from it because I'm simply touching him as he uses it, and notice other members also dying to it. Looking at videos it seems slightly random if players avoid it as they burn the boss and they don't really do anything beyond maybe popping a skill.

There are some things that pretty random because of the physics, he summons help, I run over to help with the summons and before I can even get there something knocks me into the air and I get hit by his tornado belch attack while in the air. I think that has to do with the fact that when adds summon they can almost immediately attack. I was also up against a wall so my only option was to run towards the adds to fight them anyway.

I'm also running into some host trolls who sit in a lobby hosting as a character they know is not suited for the content and just let the room be a revolving door of players.

That move is very sensitive to lag, which you can't really play around. With a good connection to the host you can see him turn to face you early enough to roll out of the way. If its laggy you've got to get lucky. you might try rolling into an area where none of your teammates are standing as he only spits in someone's direction.

Join the reddit discord (the link is in the sidebar of the DL subreddit) and check out the High Dragon channel. The skill level is a good bit higher in there. PUGs are honestly kind of a mess in general right now. Hopefully it'll get better as more time passes and people get used to the fight.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Pubs are getting worse, not better. Significant chunk of the really good players aren't running anymore.

Whoever's on ball duty really should be baiting balls away from center, even outside of the one right after golems

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Pubs are getting worse, not better. Significant chunk of the really good players aren't running anymore.

Whoever's on ball duty really should be baiting balls away from center, even outside of the one right after golems

You mean permanently not running it anymore or for today?

If the discord doesn't work out, I might give up and just hope for Zephr, had to convince my wife to invest in her Verica and MUB Phoenix to help me but I might tell her to forget it, she has no reason to do this since she has Zephr.

I honestly think the fight needs a bit more tweaking, typically in fights like this there are maybe 1 or 2 moves that don't kill you but put serious strain on your healer, but in this almost everything kills you, so the healer is reduced to using moves for very specific areas of the battle most of the time.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
You mean permanently not running it anymore or for today?

Wouldn't know- I'm keeping a pair of personal lists of pubs who are incredible and trap pubs who e.g. have 5400 might but still die constantly to the first few attacks*, and a lot of the former list haven't been showing up in pubs anymore for a week. Whether they shifted more to doing premade groups or finished their MUB farm, who knows. From the amount I saw a few of them though, I'd assume the latter.

The shitlist is also growing far faster now than it was a few days ago.

*not trying to be elitist per-se here, but trying to pub queue as a Verica is painful enough without wasting time on runs that are most likely going to fail anyway. Not sharing those lists either, so don't ask lol.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't know- I'm keeping a pair of personal lists of pubs who are incredible and trap pubs who e.g. have 5400 might but still die constantly to the first few attacks*, and a lot of the former list haven't been showing up in pubs anymore for a week. Whether they shifted more to doing premade groups or finished their MUB farm, who knows. From the amount I saw a few of them though, I'd assume the latter.

The shitlist is also growing far faster now than it was a few days ago.

*not trying to be elitist per-se here, but trying to pub queue as a Verica is painful enough without wasting time on runs that are most likely going to fail anyway. Not sharing those lists either, so don't ask lol.

The list wouldn't really help me beyond the info you've already provided.

I'm surprised guides are not mentioning that you need to bait the dragon's attack after he summons golems, its a big enough issue to be mentioned and is actually kind of a poorly designed mechanic to have the boss still running around getting in the way of a mechanic that requires you to burn down an enemy in one central spot, particular since the enemy lock on is janky in this sometimes.

I really feel like these guys aren't playing thier own game sometimes. It doesn't feel like Nintendo is on their ass enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.