• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ah, level isn't really used to gauge anything because it's just another way to provide stats, and even just in terms of upgrading a character there's still mana circles to consider before you start considering weapons/dragons/prints/buildings, so... it's worthless by itself.

Recommendations/requirements are always based on might, or hp/str directly (out of necessity for clearing it) for endgame stuff. Expert for this raid is 7800 might per team, so 1950 per adventurer.

AND at 7800 you're going to need a good Raid group to carry you TBH

I'd recommend at least 8500 might before doing pugs

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I didn't want to offer any actual recs because 1. didn't do expert yet and 2. thanks to Halloween my team's at 10k even with a level 16 and 0 mana Elias slapped in the 4th slot. Though he does have Eleonora's 4* T3 wind bow (but only dragon arcanum and Jupiter).

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, how do how we get Elias?

I've done all the quest and raids and he's not in my team.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The lack of a specific part we NEED to focus on first for this raid boss compared to the last two leads to a less organized start, so people are just sorta hitting whatever's closest to them.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
His hands are just all over the place so if you're aiming specifically for one you're spending a bunch of time repositioning or just hitting air. I'll try to hit a hand when its easy to do so but otherwise I'm just hitting whatever.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So uh... my very good but very weird luck continues.

EfANQRW.png

H257dNH.png

Y2xaGTw.png

Now to actually start on the raid; I will probably just swap Vixel in for H. Althemia, so it's Amane/H. Edward/him/Elias? I guess?

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
So for the Platinum Showcase, I did the Character one, and managed to net both Xander and Lily at once. So clearly I'll be ready for the next Water event.

I wanted Louise though in the last event but didn't get her. I'm not sure if I'll bother with this Events Gacha and save up for the next Holiday event when I would imagine there may be limited availability of special characters like Halloween Elisanne, who I also missed and bummed about.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
It's less about level and more about overall might... but ya lvl 40s a good starting point.

Mana Circles and Weapons are the thing that are going to raise your might most.

Ah, level isn't really used to gauge anything because it's just another way to provide stats, and even just in terms of upgrading a character there's still mana circles to consider before you start considering weapons/dragons/prints/buildings, so... it's worthless by itself.

Recommendations/requirements are always based on might, or hp/str directly (out of necessity for clearing it) for endgame stuff. Expert for this raid is 7800 might per team, so 1950 per adventurer.

10K might lets me consistently pass.

I feel like mana circle progress matters more than overall level.

Thanks! Yeah I'm aware that levels aren't the biggest might-boosters although I'm working with a 100% fresh light-team and try to spread my resources equally between each 4 so I just needed some ballpark for crystal distribution :)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea. I don't feel like I'm doing as much damage as I did in previous events either, haha. The battles just drag on.
I think the boss is just more bulky and moves around a lot. It can be hard to get a lot of damage in at once, especially if you're melee. Even as ranged targeting specific body parts are a pain since he's so agile.

I do agree with others about the new music, it's legitimately great. Nice visuals on the boss too.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I think the boss is just more bulky and moves around a lot. It can be hard to get a lot of damage in at once, especially if you're melee. Even as ranged targeting specific body parts are a pain since he's so agile.

I do agree with others about the new music, it's legitimately great. Nice visuals on the boss too.
That may be it, yeah :x

I think I'll switch over to a bow user or something. Ryozen isn't cutting it, hahaha.

And yeah, the OST, the look of the boss and everything else in this event is superb. Really good stuff.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ Elias is TERRIBLE.

I have elias at level 55 with 25 circles unlocked. HP 637, Strength 289. Luca level 61 with 28 circles unlocked: HP 679, Str 385.

My 4* Estelle has 344 STR and she's a damn healer.

that 25% extra damage for elias to demons doesn't mean shit.

The singing skill is completely useless.

Curse +50% isn't unlockable until the 4th circle and can be found in plenty of other units.

Last Offense isn't unlocked uness you promote him to 5* (And why in god's name would you do that?) and is a worthless ability. Plus it's even worse on him since his STR sucks.

I shouldn't have wasted the crystals or mana on him, and just brought him along for the ride while farming the heck out of light orbs. He may be the worst unit in the game

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ Elias is TERRIBLE.

I have elias at level 55 with 25 circles unlocked. HP 637, Strength 289. Luca level 61 with 28 circles unlocked: HP 679, Str 385.

My 4* Estelle has 344 STR and she's a damn healer.

that 25% extra damage for elias to demons doesn't mean shit.

The singing skill is completely useless.

Curse +50% isn't unlockable until the 4th circle and can be found in plenty of other units.

Last Offense isn't unlocked uness you promote him to 5* (And why in god's name would you do that?) and is a worthless ability. Plus it's even worse on him since his STR sucks.

I shouldn't have wasted the crystals or mana on him, and just brought him along for the ride while farming the heck out of light orbs. He may be the worst unit in the game
So basically, his utility suits his personality/character in-game: terrible.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
This event to me is just an excuse to make me sit here listening the beautiful songs, nothing more.
I wish I had pull something better than a couple of 4* prints and two unicorns in 20 pulls though, I really want to try the new adventurers. Thanks for the corns btw.

Oct 25, 2017
Must be playing the game wrong if one thinks Elias is terrible.

He's pretty powerful, can survive the whole raid with him.

Might have to dip out of rooms with most 8K folks, spending 3mins30sec and having to do the most work isnt fun.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
It was a really odd decision to make Elias the first ever Defense Bow adventurer (all others are attack or support). So he has more HP than ALL the other story/event characters when at similar levels/mana nodes at the cost of having the lowest Strength in the game. Also, if you don't pair him with any other adventurers with Energize skills, it means he needs to charge the skill 4 times before it does anything.

Outside of inherently having an advantage in dark content and bolstering other Energize skill adventurers, I would say his main strength would be a training wheel character for people who are learning how to use bows, and Luca's a little too squishy for them. Elias also has longer I-frames, so there's a bigger room for error in trying to use skills to dodge enemy attacks. He may arguably be better as an AI companion over Luca in non-dark content because he's less likely to die with his increased health, as well as potentially being able to buff you depending on how long the content is. Either way, beggars can't be choosers, and my no pulls account will take any event characters happily, since it's not like my 700K Mana is going towards anything else anytime soon.

Managed to get the epithet, dragon prep still great.

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
My current party right now is Julli, Hilde and Amane. I've been using Elias in my 4th spot, but if he's not great who do you think would be best in place of him? I have Ryozen, Rawn and Luca and all the 3 stars.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Must be playing the game wrong if one thinks Elias is terrible.

He's pretty powerful, can survive the whole raid with him.

Might have to dip out of rooms with most 8K folks, spending 3mins30sec and having to do the most work isnt fun.
How is he powerful? I've yet to charge the energy skill successfully during a battle ,so unless it gives like 50x multiplier to skills, he sucks

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't like how friendship worked with Elias event. Its not like granblue or something where you can put the friendship character in the backline, and you get him at the very end of the story. So you're gimping yourself by putting him in your party.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Getting Elias at the start vs the end is the difference of only 46 Friendship Points, since doing all the chapters and the beginner boss only takes 23 stamina. That's less than 3 standard raids. You don't HAVE to put him in your party if your think he's gimping your party, especially since this is the content he's meant for like Melsa/Celery for their raids. If you feel your team is so stacked that you don't have a use for him when he's going to be at his most useful, why even go through the effort?

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm 4 pulls away from the pity upgrade... I didnt plan on pulling but I saw that I was close to it, so I thew a couple of tickets on this banner I got everything character wise except the 5 star and the dragon, so I think thats enough pulls . I use my pity on the holiday banner. Hopefully the limited unit options arent awful, would be great if they threw in a surprise ticket though.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Getting Elias at the start vs the end is the difference of only 46 Friendship Points, since doing all the chapters and the beginner boss only takes 23 stamina. That's less than 3 standard raids. You don't HAVE to put him in your party if your think he's gimping your party, especially since this is the content he's meant for like Melsa/Celery for their raids. If you feel your team is so stacked that you don't have a use for him when he's going to be at his most useful, why even go through the effort?

Honest question, Have you ever played granblue? Part of my frustration is this a lesson they should have learned from granblue.

Last edited:

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Queueing for EX fights in this game is getting old pretty fast. I can outlive most 14k+ players once I manage to get in a run with my 10k team, but to get to that point I need to deal with at least 5 hosts who leave as soon as I join the lobby.

In my first clear of the EX fight I was the last surviving player (with 3 of my units still standing, actually) and had to burn down the last few %s by myself.

Thank God that you can't cuss at people in this game. Damn whales.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Have only done a bit of raiding still; will do a little more before bed. Seems like we're back to waiting forever for everything...

Also, Elias only has 15 mana and it sounds like I was right to do that. I gave Melsa 30 for whatever reason and it immediately felt worthless because I will never use her over Ezelith, and I have better fire units I'd use before her again in general.

I honestly don't like how friendship worked with Elias event. Its not like granblue or something where you can put the friendship character in the backline, and you get him at the very end of the story. So you're gimping yourself by putting him in your party.

Maybe it's different now that the AI has kept improving, but in general, the AI characters are kinda just there to live and provide dragon prep, no? It's not that hard to keep him around for 500 friendship worth of boss/raid stuff, not to mention you can also just throw him in any of the stuff you do that's not co-op outside of the event too.

Which is not to discount that Granblue might have done something they should have learned from, but still.

Queueing for EX fights in this game is getting old pretty fast. I can outlive most 14k+ players once I manage to get in a run with my 10k team, but to get to that point I need to deal with at least 5 hosts who leave as soon as I join the lobby.

In my first clear of the EX fight I was the last surviving player (with 3 of my units still standing, actually) and had to burn down the last few %s by myself.

I'm guessing this is because waaaay fewer Extra attempts means people are super selective as they want the title, yeah? Hopefully that will die down as more people get it, hmm.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This music... <3

By the way, this is apparently Lucretia's actual Japanese voice actress, which makes it even more impressive.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
30 raid battles so far, only one extra raid battle has shown up for me. Before it was one in two or three battles, they WAY overtuned in this time.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously it's 2 AM, but hosting Master Brun just now was... dire?

First time people joined instantly; afterwards, only one person stayed. And we waited. And waited. And then a Lily joined, only to seemingly get frustrated and quit.

And then, maybe 30 second to a minute later, the same Lily rejoined. Only to quit again.

And then someone else joined. Which is when the same Lily joined again and we could finally start it. How... how do you even get paired with us 3 times? Is literally no one else hosting or joining it...?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ring ring, Lily desu!

I joined the Discord channel and farmed Special repeatedly until RNG was favourable and we got the title, so at least that's done with. Now I can just relax and enjoy the rest of the event.

Last edited:

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Elias is definitely better paired with Vixel and or Lucretia.

Pia is a real mess though.

I'm assuming more characters with energize are somewhere on the horizon.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Obviously it's 2 AM, but hosting Master Brun just now was... dire?

First time people joined instantly; afterwards, only one person stayed. And we waited. And waited. And then a Lily joined, only to seemingly get frustrated and quit.

And then, maybe 30 second to a minute later, the same Lily rejoined. Only to quit again.

And then someone else joined. Which is when the same Lily joined again and we could finally start it. How... how do you even get paired with us 3 times? Is literally no one else hosting or joining it...?

We're still in the first 48 hours of the raid, so I imagine most are using their wings/stamina for the raid. I skipped the Dragon Trials daily for my no pulls account since it's not like I need scales anytime soon (already maxed out Elias' Mana Circle to 40), and I feel most would be queuing for Jupiter to get more dragon scales to max out their light units. Also, hosting is gonna most likely take longer than joining because with no wing recovery event, folks are naturally gonna have less wings than stamina for dragon trials due to 20 stamina (2 hours) vs 3 wings (3 hours).

Honest question, Have you ever played granblue? Part of my frustration is this a lesson they should have learned from granblue.

Only gave it a try years ago. I find it weird to directly compare DL to Granblue though in terms of the combat system since Granblue is turn-based, while DL has active combat. How would backline even work in Dragalia? The game wasn't designed to have that kind of system in mind.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Backline in practice basically are reserve character slots who jump in to replace KO'd ones. Some of them have passive buffs that work on the frontline, but that's rare.

I think this event in particular is further exacerbated by the shitty proc rate and most people wanting to maximize their chances at the Epithet since it can take up to 2 hours (lol) to proc another.

Gut feeling is it SHOULD get better as the event goes on and more people who are so inclined already got their 90s clear out of the way and are willing to just roll with w/e to clear the boss as it's (probably?) intended to be - a little bonus loot at no stam/wing cost.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah I think the content favors whaling too much towards the end of these events like with EX. Titles are sometimes fun to get, but most of the time I don't give a damn, especially the raid ones where I have to somewhat depend on rando team synergy.

I dont mind challenges saved for a small selection of content like High Dragons, but this stuff shouldn't have to be so close that people are acting up in queues. If most whales are bad players anyway, good players who are also whales are probably not carrying the game enough for cygames to care if some of them leave for not feeling challenged enough. I honestly hear more complaints about the grind being too long, things can't be auto'd etc rather than things being too easy.

Off-topic, I'm running a 4-star Estelle in my group for the raid who seems be the poor-mans Hilde, I just maxed her 4-star level mana circle and level, but noticed she was a bit squishy in the battle. I'm thinking of switching to Hope, as I'm noticing that running Ryozen and Julietta I have two members that seem almost unkillable. I wonder if the extra defense buff from Hope would only exaggerate the team more.

Last edited:
May 1, 2018
I honestly hear more complaints about the grind being too long, things can't be auto'd etc rather than things being too easy.
I absolutely think things are too easy. Even with a clear idea of why people who aren't me play RPGs, I think "grind is too long" translates to "it's boring to keep running these missions." Of course, people want to reach the rewards, but Cygames can't just give them the rewards, or else they'll have everything and stop playing. So the other solution is to make the quests more compelling.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I absolutely think things are too easy. Even with a clear idea of why people who aren't me play RPGs, I think "grind is too long" translates to "it's boring to keep running these missions." Of course, people want to reach the rewards, but Cygames can't just give them the rewards, or else they'll have everything and stop playing. So the other solution is to make the quests more compelling.

And make events less predictable.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Got an EX clear in a pug game on my no pulls account, maining Elias.

In terms of team building, I decided to go with Elias/Elisanne/Ranzal/Luca. My reasoning was to just go with the bulkiest team, since both I and the AI can't DPS if we're dead, so HP/Defense co-abilities and specifically Mercury/Sylvia for their HP up. I can't reiterate enough how much easier having dragon prep makes EX. I decided to just go with 4 MUB Dragon Arcanum since the event Wyrmprint doesn't provide DPS anyway, and Plunder Pals only affects Elias' 1st skill.

Two random pieces of advice: when he does his homing attack on everyone, I recommend making sure it explodes away from the boss, because staying close means melee have a harder time and AI potentially die when the follow up large purple windup attack is on top of him. Also, force striking with bows in the raid is easy and effective since he's huge and doesn't move much, so consider doing some force strikes in between attacks when he's in Overdrive. Not gonna stress too much about getting an extra 15 Wyrmite/Epithet, so now to just grind the event out.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
man, I really, REALLY need material decomposition to be a thing, farming regular Scales is a fucking nightmare

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I think the low EX spawn rate is negatively affecting EX rooms similarly to how HMS PUGs get noticeably worse through the week.

In HMS's case the bonus chests are weekly, so it seems like a good number of people clearing the fight essentially only do three clears per week. This drains the talent/power pool that co-op rooms pull from since the better you are at the fight the sooner you'll get your three clears and then move on to spending your wings elsewhere. So you end up left with a potential co-op pool of players who are new to the fight and/or just not very good at the mechanics. PUGing HMS on Monday (reset day) isn't so bad. PUGing HMS on Sunday is self-flagellation.

This is happening in its own way to the EX raids. Not only are people more selective due to wanting the Epithet, the strong/good players are getting their EX clear quickly and then not getting added back into the pool of EX players because the spawn rate is so bad. In previous raids the best players would clear EX quickly, sure, but then they'd be right back in the EX pool after 1-2 Expert runs. Now a player that might be strong and/or skilled enough to make up for a weaker player in an EX raid might only be around for 2-3 EX raids per day instead of the 12+ in the old system. So eventually all the strong players weed themselves out of the system by clearing and you're left with a bunch of 8k~ might non-Light teams failing over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.