• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
I can't for the life of me understand why they released another Light healer and a Light bow user. There are now 5 Light Healers and 4 Light Bows meanwhile there are only 1 Light blade, sword, and dagger user and they are all 3*. This is compounded by the fact that last banner they released the 4th wind bow user, 2nd 5* one, when there is currently no Wind sword user.

So I guess that means we will get a shadow Dagger user for Christmas (marking the 4th shadow dagger), when a Husbando wielding a giant axe in a Santa outfit makes way more sense and plugs an obvious shadow element hole.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I was thinking Is there a female sword user? usually Female / Male have a few differences in their animation but i can remember any female sword user in the game.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely think things are too easy. Even with a clear idea of why people who aren't me play RPGs, I think "grind is too long" translates to "it's boring to keep running these missions." Of course, people want to reach the rewards, but Cygames can't just give them the rewards, or else they'll have everything and stop playing. So the other solution is to make the quests more compelling.

to be blunt, these events are designed to be easy. They want you to be able to clear them and get a good amount of rewards. I also do think they kinda screwed this up for new players a bit, by not making elias a different weapon type and ... not the worst in that weapon type as well.

HMS and the other high dragons are supposed to be endgame content (along with the new post ios/master dragons content).

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Elias is definitely better paired with Vixel and or Lucretia.

Pia is a real mess though.

I'm assuming more characters with energize are somewhere on the horizon.
Yeah. I can see the 'energize' function get more use if you have 2-3 characters in the party that can raise it, so I'm interested seeing how a party with all 3 is (I only have Vixel and Elias).

This music... <3

By the way, this is apparently Lucretia's actual Japanese voice actress, which makes it even more impressive.

You also have another version of the second song in Pia's story that I'm guessing is by her voice actress.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I can't for the life of me understand why they released another Light healer and a Light bow user. There are now 5 Light Healers and 4 Light Bows meanwhile there are only 1 Light blade, sword, and dagger user and they are all 3*. This is compounded by the fact that last banner they released the 4th wind bow user, 2nd 5* one, when there is currently no Wind sword user.

So I guess that means we will get a shadow Dagger user for Christmas (marking the 4th shadow dagger), when a Husbando wielding a giant axe in a Santa outfit makes way more sense and plugs an obvious shadow element hole.

Well Irfan may be 3 star but he's built for most of the vanilla light selection. He gets a 15 sec strength buff for every defense buff he gets, on a team with Julietta, Hope, and Ryozen, you'll probably get some mileage out of him.

These are the kinds of elements I like, things like this that could help weaker units find a niche.

These energize things looked like a lame idea on paper that they implemented anyway. Game is nothing but mistake after mistake mechanic wise.

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I'm tempted to use all of my single tickets, I still don't have a 5 star character. I pulled everything except Lucretia, so maybe I should wait until the next banner.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Goes to show how speedy the response was, must have been quite a lot of feedback.

The best way to use single tickets is to increase the pity rate before doing a buncha tenfolds. Like, if you do daily pulls, want to tenfold until you hit a 5*, and you need 2 more before increasing the 5* summon chance, then use 2 single tickets to get the increased rate before tenfold summoning.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
I really feel like the energize mechanic would be better if more characters combined their energize moves with a secondary effect. Even something like giving Pia a self attack buff and Elias a party defense buff whenever they sing would do a lot to make them more useful.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Other than the EX rate change, some raid changes that I do like that I noticed:

1) They took out 2* Wyrmprints and weapons, replacing them with bronze whetstones and holy water in the Blazon Summons. There's also less of them, and they increased the amount of good drops like silver materials. It's also nice to not need to worry about constantly going back into the upgrade screen to burn all the weapons/Wyrmprints you eventually got through the raid battles and blazon summons.

2) Similarly, the raid boss itself drops bronze whetstone and holy water instead of 2* Wyrmprints and weapons.

3) They added more Elwater to the Emblem Rewards, over 2K more Elwater from what I can tell compared to the last raid.

4) The boss battle not having a stage you need to go through beforehand means it's much faster to grind out otherworld fragments.

While I feel like more hardcore folk will feel the raids are fairly easy, I believe raids are primarily meant for the newer/intermediary players. It's why every single raid has you play 5 missions or so of really easy stages and makes you play beginner/standard before Expert/EX. Players either working towards HMS or are currently doing HMS are gonna get more appropriate content when we get the additional quest difficulties past Expert/Master and when the next High Dragon launches in mid-December.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
The amount of players bringing non-light units to the EX raid boss is just killing me. Come on people.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I went ahead and spent the free ticket and ended up getting everything from the banner except Cupid and the spear girl (the banner fooled me too because I got a 5* Dragon and *thought* got literally everything but it ended up being Leviathan for some reason). Cupid was actually the main thing I wanted (str boost passive with an AoE heal active sounds so nice) but I will hold firm on saving the rest cause if Santa Ranzal's around the corner I want to be as ready as possible.

I must say that if you get a bunch of people with Energize effects in a raid it's quite noticeable, and the Light caster lady's spell effects are pretty and seemingly effective enough. I've been able to do respectable clears hosting as Julietta/Lucretica/Vixel/Elias hovering at about 10k Might, but I don't think I'm going to have the patience for the title. Sans getting Juli from the Thanksgiving pull I got everything else just now and don't have the resources to to take them high enough to offset the average snobby whale PuGs. I want to farm FGO as well so my time's limited.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
is it just me or maritimus sucks

his special attack has been missing the target and just kept rolling beyond

stalfos

Oct 27, 2017
Got title + no deaths with some really good pugs, nice to get that out of the way early. Now I'm just hoping I can grind out all the medals before Smash comes out on Friday lol

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
This also means it will be more difficult to get 15 copies of dragon arcanum for new players from now on.

While it's nice, it isn't absolutely necessary for new players to have fully unbound Dragon Arcanum. For clearing EX, for this raid at least, the biggest thing is just having a Dragon right as the fight starts, anything extra just helps the run go smoother. To better compensate, a new player can equip 4 copies of the normal Dragon Arcanum on everyone for 20%, since the event Wyrmprint no longer gives a damage bonus. Doing this, a new player only needs 8 copies of Dragon Arcanum for 23% dragon vs 24% with 3 fully unbound and an event Wyrmprint for the past raids.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but it's already difficult to get 4 in a short lapse, nevermind 8 copies. I'm at the 4th chapter in a new alt account and only have two. With this pace it's improbable I'll get 8 copies by the end of the event.
So the question that raises is, where to farm the arcanum card?
...Ok nevermind, I saw that chapter 2 drops it pretty easily.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I also think it's sorta... not great, to get whetsones? I'd rather have the weapons I can sell (for an extremely tiny amount of money, but still) than exp items I will never use. Ever since someone pointed out to me the sheer amount of whetsones you get from IO I've just sold all the weapons.

It feels like weapons take a weirdly low amount of EXP to level compared to anything else?

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I also think it's sorta... not great, to get whetsones? I'd rather have the weapons I can sell (for an extremely tiny amount of money, but still) than exp items I will never use. Ever since someone pointed out to me the sheer amount of whetsones you get from IO I've just sold all the weapons.

It feels like weapons take a weirdly low amount of EXP to level compared to anything else?

The weapons don't help that much until unbinded, so I feel like its about where it should be since you have to level up multplie ones. You don't have to do that with other things. You don't have max each dragon before using it in an unbind for instance.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Yes, but it's already difficult to get 4 in a short lapse, nevermind 8 copies. I'm at the 4th chapter in a new alt account and only have two. With this pace it's improbable I'll get 8 copies by the end of the event.
So the question that raises is, where to farm the arcanum card?
...Ok nevermind, I saw that chapter 2 drops it pretty easily.

Yeah, was just about to say grinding Chapter 2 is A LOT more energy efficient than doing the raid in the hopes of getting it from Blazon summons. New players will have an over abundance of wings they can use for the raid, while dedicating their energy to farming for Dragon Arcanum if they're super unlucky. With the change so every level up rewards 12 wings, new players are gonna be able to non-stop grind raids with wings.

Like I said, I feel raids are mostly geared to newer players, and a new player won't have access to IO for whetstones.

Last edited:

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't actually used Maritimus in action, but how tightly can you control his special movement? Can you still swerve around to hit the same target?

I haven't tried swerving but probably not; his attack does not last long enough to go back and hit someone anyway

sometimes, against big targets, it will get stuck against them before rolling past and hit a couple of times instead of hitting once and moving on

maybe the whole point is his bonus to strength and hp but haven't done the math

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Wtf they just send a ten-fold summon voucher.

For a small mistake even, though I believe Japan is strict about how the rates displayed must be corrects.

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
Is Lucretia that much better than Amane? I got Amane and I'm not sure I wanna pull anymore for Lucretia.

They miswrote how much the rate would increase in getting a 5 star for the pity rate as something less than what is was. I'm honestly surprised something that small would prompt a free 10 fold.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Got two rainbow dragons on the ten pull , but no Cupid , Jeanne and Cerberus, already have both fml

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Is Lucretia that much better than Amane? I got Amane and I'm not sure I wanna pull anymore for Lucretia.

This miswrote how much the rate would increase in getting a 5 star for the pity rate as something less than what is was. I'm honestly surprised something that small would prompt a free 10 fold.

Well they goofed up with the wording on the welcome ticket originally (not sure if they changed it) so maybe they are sensitive to errors concerning the gacha.

The welcome ticket says you get a 5 star and didn't mention what happens if you get a double. Even if you get a double its more valuable and not equal to 3000 eldwater. Some people complained about that and had to get refunded through itunes or android since cygames didnt seem to do anything about that. Maybe this is just them making sure the dont goof up in other areas concerning it.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
My ludicrous luck in this game continues. Got nothing on the first 10 ticket and another 10 pull, I already have Julietta and HElly so I decided not to pull any more and stay at 8k wyrmite.

Did a what the heck 10 pull with some event wyrmite and got my 2nd Leviathan and first Nidhogg. Now have a 5* dragon for every element. Hour or so later I got the second tenfold ticket, got 2 Unicorns, Lucretia, Pia, and Vixel.

I have Ezelith, Julietta, Xander, HElly, Lucretia for 5* heroes (and promoted Eleonara). 2 Leviathans, Agni, Cerberus, Zephyr, Jeanne, Nidhogg for dragons. Decent amount of 5* wyrmprints but nothing outrageous. I've spent $3 of Google rewards money and didn't reroll. Don't know what I did to deserve it.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, was just about to say grinding Chapter 2 is A LOT more energy efficient than doing the raid in the hopes of getting it from Blazon summons. New players will have an over abundance of wings they can use for the raid, while dedicating their energy to farming for Dragon Arcanum if they're super unlucky. With the change so every level up rewards 12 wings, new players are gonna be able to non-stop grind raids with wings.

Like I said, I feel raids are mostly geared to newer players, and a new player won't have access to IO for whetstones.

I guess? But it's only 2 2* weapons = 1 bronze whetsones, and now non-new players get something actually worthless instead of 50 rupees. Which is barely anything, so I'm not exactly bothered by the change given that getting more of other materials are probably more important, but it's not nothing and adds up.

The weapons don't help that much until unbinded, so I feel like its about where it should be since you have to level up multplie ones. You don't have to do that with other things. You don't have max each dragon before using it in an unbind for instance.

Yeah, that's fair enough. Just feels a bit weird to look at when you're building one thing at a time, but it does add up. Guess I should actually do the math on that, and see if I do indeed have enough to instantly make those four other 4* T2 MUB staffs I'll need or not.. Cause I'm pretty sure I do, but it'd be nice to be certain.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Should I save this new ten pull ticket? I am reading a lot of energize skepticism here.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Any news on when this will release in Europe? Have a shitty phone atm, but getting a S9 next week and I'd like to try this out.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Should I save this new ten pull ticket? I am reading a lot of energize skepticism here.

Yeah, I'm saving it because all I kinda wanted was Vixel (kinda purely due to his VA), I got him, and Cupid's not worth pushing my luck for. I have Amane, so I don't need Lucretia.

I guess I'll just do 2 free 10 pulls next time then. Actually, I'm still building up solo tickets; maybe I'll do 10 of those and then the 2 free 10s and not use any wyrmite at all.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
My current strategy is doing two 10-pulls at the start of an event and then one at the end if my pity-rate hasn't been broken (also daily pulls throughout the event).

user__

Oct 25, 2017
But cupid is the featured unit and what I was aiming for :/ Well I will use them to unbind both copies I have
I come to the conclusion that 5* dragons are the most valuable resource on the game, considering how much they are important for really levelling up the team. Even 4*s are really precious for me, considering how better any gacha 4* in general is compared to a welfare dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.