• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Just had a amazing pug. 1:44 left on the clock and no death. Now I can farm medals in peace!

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
I didn't save the new tenfold ticket, and I got my first 5* adventurer from it! Welcome, Lucretia! It's finally not a 5* Wyrmprint or Dragon!

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yay, got the Complete on Special.
Got the titles too.

All that's left now is Emblem farming.

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to reroll on emulator and get that account/save on your android device? Or would I have to reroll on my phone which seems like a lot more of a pain?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Is it possible to reroll on emulator and get that account/save on your android device? Or would I have to reroll on my phone which seems like a lot more of a pain?

Yeah, after you have an account you're happy with, link it to a Nintendo ID, then login to your phone with that Nintendo ID. You can play the same account on multiple devices once it's linked.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
No problem!

In other news, someone uploaded the home and raid music loops.

This is the first time for an event that I really like just listening to the lobby music. I don't even mind the wait as a host since it means I can hear the music for longer xD

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
Woooo just got the Epithet! Took me 4 EX runs but finally got a good PUG and we beat it exactly at 1:30 left on the clock!!!! That was intense!

Now that I got Amane built up, she's incredible! Getting the 5 star wand for the extra skill is a big investment, but I really love playing her character so I may think on it (and maybe 5 starring). Can't believe it took this long for me to finally play a wand character as I never got Lily or Maribelle and it's really fun, like a much better version of the bow class lol.

May 1, 2018
It denies emulators, at least currently.

So uh, witness my meme!

Upw7GF5.png

bhPKRNs.png

MPTR2YP.png

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Here's Lucretia's solo at the beginning of the event. I don't THINK this song plays anywhere else outside Lucretia's introduction, which is a shame because I really like the choral backup.

Ximonz

Oct 30, 2017
Taiwan
wasn't really feeling the event music at first but the more I listen the more I love it.
especially the raid music.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I hit 3K Gold Emblems on my main, and I realized they changed the hosting system.

In the first raid, when you hosted, you went to the back of the line and waited until you were given priority with the people with getherwings. However, if a person hosted a game and then asked for the lobby to be remade, they would jump ahead of you in the line, potentially because the other people would stay and they wanted to make sure all those people got into another game as fast as possible. Coupled with the fact that EX could be done infinitely if you joined with wings instead of hosted, you NEEDED to host to proc EX, and the bonus hosting loot, the host queue time could easily take over 5 minutes before you were given priority.

The second raid changed it so people joining could also proc EX, EX itself was free but always disappeared, EX now rewards over 100 Gold Emblems, and EX now happened much more frequently. It's difficult to say whether or not the host line queue system was changed because the double recovery time event, doubling the getherwing limit, and hundreds of Blessed ashes were given out at this time, so there were much more people searching for games than hosting them. Hosting times were near instant while searching took forever everywhere outside of Expert raids.

For this raid, EX is rarer, and the host lobby queue system seems to not prioritize anyone. You still join the back of the line when starting a room, but people who finish hosting a game and remake the lobby now also just join the back of the line instead of given priority and jumping ahead of the new rooms. Combined with rarer EX spawns so more people are dedicating their time to doing EX, it takes no more than 2 minutes for people to join a hosted room. This also means that people remaking lobbies will most likely start from square one again because if not everyone decides to play with the same people again, the other joiners will have to wait 1-2 minutes while they could instantly get into another game by leaving and re-queuing.

It's up to debate about EX spawn rate, but I do think the host priority system change was for the better. It means no one is waiting THAT long for a game to start compared to the first raid at the cost of re-makers having instant queues. I also feel like EX spawn rate might be too low, but the fact that I still finished the important Gold Emblems rewards in a couple days means I would have reached that point MUCH sooner of the EX rate was the same. I feel like they outta revert the EX spawn rate, but also decrease the amount of Gold Emblem rewards it gives you, because I feel 100 is kinda ridiculous. It means you can finish getting all the important Gold Emblem rewards by doing the highest tier content less than 30 times.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Been chasing for Cupid on this banner and pulled him on my daily pull, yass
He's ridiculously useful but fuck those voice clips are cringe. Tempted to turn on Japanese voices lol

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
"I got some LOOOVE for yoooou..." - English Cupid

Got the 1550 Twinkling Sand Gold Emblem reward on my no pulls account. Haven't used any stamina/getherwing recovery items, though I did level up once so far.

Been experimenting with different team comps. If I ever wanted to do a deathless EX run, I would use Ranzal/Elisanne with Sylvia/Mercury for maximum survivability, otherwise I've been comparing using Elias vs. Luca for maximum DPS. I feel like Luca with MUB Plunder Pals is probably the better DPS, and is the better one to control. On top of having 2 damage skills, Elias is much tankier than Luca, so he's less likely to die as an AI.

In terms of the other two for DPS, Melsa is actually better than Celery because there isn't any F2P Attack Water dragon, just Mercury. Also, Melsa and Euden are basically the only 2 event/story adventurers with 3 damage skills when including their 4* elemental weapon skills, and Brunhilda is still an Attack boosting dragon, even if she isn't as good as Pele. Here's the team I've been using to clear EX with when trying to maximize DPS.

Should be able to get all the important emblem rewards fairly easy at this rate, maybe even all the Gold Emblem rewards as well, especially since it includes succulent dragon fruit.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
My daily discount today was another Unicorn, huh. Now I'm immediately worried my 10 pull luck's run out, since clearly my bad daily discounts were balancing it out...

Been very casually playing the raid, but making decent progress in it regardless. Dunno if I'm gonna get a casual title this time; I've actually gotten a few Extras within the relatively amount of Expert I've done, which seems out of the norm for the current rate, and the best so far was only about 1:08 left I think.

...I also switched Ezelith in as an AI in over Elias. I feel bad about it but the math would put her ahead and she's not ranged as well, so...

meanwhile it was funny doing that Extra run (at least I think it was that, and not an Expert one) because at least 2 if not all 3 of the other players had a 4-5k might Verica, clearly from HMS, boosting their team might to be extra high, hah

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I used 1500 wyrmite last night and pulled 6 characters I already had :*( One was a 4* and then I got a 4* wyrmprint. I think I'll probably give up on getting the 5* from this banner.. that is 5 10-pulls so far. Oh well.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
it is so so so so hard for me to hold on to wyrmite, once i see 1500 i get the itch to pull, but I think for once I'll hold off since I did already get Lucretia. Cupid would be so choice but I'll wait and try to get all the holiday pulls later this month (assuming thats a thing). Hopefully I'll have enough wyrm for two 10* and then whatever tickets i can collect by then.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Got Lucretia on the pity break in my alt account, at least wasn't a wyrmprint, now build her up to see how she plays

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
I burned though all my Wyrmite and tickets to get Lucretia, even though my Light party was pretty much set. Worth it.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
EX version of the raid is so rare now. Granted I haven't been grinding this event so hard but I've only gotten into it once since it started. Dunno how I'm ever going to get the 90 second achievement this time since I just kind of brute forced the wind one by doing it so often. Usually running with 4x Maribelles definitely helped. Julietta doesn't seem to be able to kick out as much damage

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
I'm about to give up on this game. I've invested too much time and money. But my most recent frustration has to do with the draw rates. I did 6 - ten pulls and got nothing but 4 star wymprints. Additionally the last free tenfold tix cygames gave out where they fixed the percentage, whether it's in-game rates or just the description left a bad taste in my mouth. I still used it and got a Naveed dupe. So after 6 ten folds, no Lucretia or Cupid. I'm bitter right now.

Also the events have been more or less the same. I guess it really bothered me that my 16k light team, Hilde, H Eli, Juliette, and Elias breezed thru the boss with ease, and I didn't feel challenged.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Random stuff I picked up on with Energize:

-While the skill doesn't do anything outside of giving a stack until you get 5 for Pia and Elias, to compensate their upgrade reduces the SP cost, basically 80% filled when Elias' 1st skill is charged when upgraded.

-Xander's skill that benefits from getting buffs ALSO gets buffed from Energize stacks. So Xander with Vixel who gives both a recovery potency buff and an Energy Stack with his second skill will buff Xander's skill twice.

-You can energize Dragon skills, which is probably the best way to use it outside of healing since it's a damage/healing multiplier.

I think it's still up in the air on how good this mechanic is until we have hard enough content to justify it (High Zodiark), since right now it's use is strictly for harder content. If we get more adventurers with Energize or (more likely) like Xander with skills or abilities that get benefits from overall buff count, then it's viability will be much higher. Something like the challenge battles from facility events will get that much easier for Xander before of how much stronger his skill can be now thanks to 5 bonus buff stacks.

You know, a side effect of low EX rate I realized is now Standard runs are a LOT less needed compared to last raid for getting Silver Emblems. In fact, if you go for 4.5K Gold Emblems, you basically never need to do Standard raids. In the last raid, because you proc'd EX so often and it gave 100 Gold Emblems, you hit 3K WAY before you ever hit a sizable Silver Emblem count. At the moment on the current raid, I have 4.2K Gold Emblem rewards and over 900 Silver Emblem rewards, doing less than 5 Standard raids and everything else from Expert raids.

I'm about to give up on this game. I've invested too much time and money. But my most recent frustration has to do with the draw rates. I did 6 - ten pulls and got nothing but 4 star wymprints. Additionally the last free tenfold tix cygames gave out where they fixed the percentage, whether it's in-game rates or just the description left a bad taste in my mouth. I still used it and got a Naveed dupe. So after 6 ten folds, no Lucretia or Cupid. I'm bitter right now.

Also the events have been more or less the same. I guess it really bothered me that my 16k light team, Hilde, H Eli, Juliette, and Elias breezed thru the boss with ease, and I didn't feel challenged.

At the end of the day, this is still a gacha game. You're meant to feel bad with terrible pulls to compel you to spend more, and make the good pulls feel that much better. Sometimes you get completely screwed with nothing good regardless, only to be pity broken by 5* Wyrmprints. It just comes with the territory, and the only ways to circumvent that is to just always expect the worst outcome and plan accordingly, or basically never pull.

These raids aren't really meant for endgame players, they're mostly for newer/intermediary folk. The challenging content is High Dragon Trials and potentially the above Master content we're going to get later down the line.

Last edited:

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to get Lucretia for my daily pull, which was a welcome surprise. How is she compared to other light units?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
She's basically a better Amane, who was considered one of the better Light damage dealers outside of H. Elly, so she's quite good.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Between Energized: Strenght, Energized Skill bonus, Cresendo Chorus Bonus, Skill Co-op Bonus, and Broken Punisher, Lucretia hits fucking truck

Falk

Oct 26, 2017

I've been through enough gacha games over the last half a decade to basically divide the games into two parts - the overall mechanics/loop and gacha luck. If the enjoyment factor of the former doesn't outweigh frustration with the latter (which really is up to chance even with the best min-max) I drop the game*.

I guess in some cases where the former was compelling enough and/or not all that much of a time-sink, being able to shrug and turtle the gacha till powercreep comes by and 'bad' pulls still give some sort of progression has salvaged the experience for quite a few (incl. Granblue and FFRK, latter of which is now the longest I've stuck with any one gacha game)

Hilariously enough, though, for Dragalia I'm spending Wyrmite about as fast as I get 1500s because I really, really need Eldwater and found myself pretty much CBA about saving for seasonals or whatever inadvertently broken unit/dragon comes out.

My breaking point w/ gacha for this game came when dumping everything into the Cerberus banner for endgame and getting 3 Wyrmprints, no Cerb, and as a final "screw you" those pulls gave a total of 2 Phoenixes which is barely enough to get by on HMid HP-wise with a fully tricked out 5.3 30/30/20/20 Verica.

All that being said, I agree that the game loop right now... really isn't very compelling vs other alternatives, this event was an absolute bore even if it did improve on a lot of aspects w.r.t reward return + presentation, and I'm just sticking around based on 1) Cygames pedigree and 2) The Director's Letter on imminent new content has me at least mildly curious.

*edit: While we're on the topic of rants I don't think I've gone by a week without wishing these games had stuck with a subscription model. Yeah sure, keep RNG loot/progression in the game - it's worked since forever for MMORPGs and raiding, but having content often tuned around people with too much money to spend and getting completely screwed simply because the game didn't like your face got old years ago. It's probably why I'm comfortable spending X amount of money on the ones I enjoy, but mostly on deals which have a very clear return and are spaced out reasonably that it feels like a subscription of sorts - Dream Selects in FFRK, Surprise Tickets in Granblue, etc.

Last edited:
May 1, 2018
I turned the sound on when gifting Cupid yesterday, and immediately hit the side switch back to silent.
Cupid's voice is fine. The actor and director knew it was kinda creepy and played it up, which is pretty much the right way to handle it. Meanwhile, Garuda's actual voice is good in both languages, but her dialogue is... weird.

The only English voice I really dislike is Elias, and Japanese Silky guarantees I'm switching voices back as soon as I stop taking Elias.

---

Time for cute punk church girl avatar...

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finished all endeavors last night, ceasing all light upgrades, though to be honest haven't done a lot other than towers since the event started.

Super curious to see what element they go with for Christmas banner. Guessing dark finally but *shrug*

Riley

Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's really annoying how low the spawn rate for EX is. And then when you do get into one, it's kind of a shit show. 💦

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
i have begun my 5* weapon grind. had enough mats and rupees to craft 5 spears but not enough horns or spear tablets to enhance it fml

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
I would love to see an update that adds a little more data to the quest clear screen. Specifically, being able to see how many of a rewarded item we already have (so if i get, say, 5 monster horns, maybe when you click it it shows how many are now in your inventory). And another indicator of how many dailies you still have available. Both would prevent me from having to back out to check and would make the grind for stuff like weapon tablets and monster parts go a little more quickly.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Max friendship so now I'm on cruise control for the events which means I'm just logging in to get dailies out of the way.

May 1, 2018
I didn't play Phraeganoth raid, but I like this boss nore than Hypnos. More moving around and difficulty hitting, but no need to hit a DPS check to avoid any attacks. The only thing is that it feels like he seems still designed for +20% dmg prints and Elias is the worst damage from a raid hero so far - the fights feel like they take a little too long.

Manticore Battle greatly shortens the time to previous bosses though.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Hit 4.5K Gold Emblems on my main account and 2.2K Gold Emblems on my no pulls account. I was able to hit 1K Silver on my main basically the moment I hit 4.5K Gold Emblems, so I didn't need to do many Standard raids this time around compared to the last one.

I'd say I like Sabnock's mechanics the most so far, both the first and the second raid bosses had a habit of doing their charge with fairly little warning, whereas Sabnock has a sizable windup. The Nightmare Vortex gives the player a lot of agency on how the attack plays out, even if a lot of people have a habit of just letting it blow up in their face. While super geared teams can probably just endure it all, Euden and Melsa on my alt have a good chance of dying on EX depending on how many are stacked right next to the boss. For EX Sabnock, it's actually not the best to immediately use dragon, since he starts with purple charging twice, better to wait until he starts winding up Dark Side.

4/5 Maritimus copies so far, just another blazon summon box before he's MUB. He's definitely better to use on Cleo than Zodiark since healing is based on HP mostly. So far the free dragons have given Strength, HP, then Half/Half. I hope the free Water dragon isn't another HP dragon, though Pele and Brunhilda were both Strength.

Oct 26, 2017
Might have to wait for a fire facility before going after HMS. I've tried several times with Naveed and people are dying before a minute into the fight. Was thinking of switching to Euden so I can ignore stuns and get more hits in, but that still doesn't solve for people dying early and often.

Status
Not open for further replies.