• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah don't think I'll be getting very far with gold for this event. Got all 1,000 in both bronze and silver. Just takes way too long to do the raid on expert to be worth it for me. Hopefully next event is shorter time commitment.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah don't think I'll be getting very far with gold for this event. Got all 1,000 in both bronze and silver. Just takes way too long to do the raid on expert to be worth it for me. Hopefully next event is shorter time commitment.

Cygames really messed up with the EX rate for this raid.
It feels really annoying too because I feel this boss is tankier than previous raids' bosses.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
My biggest issue is how long it takes to host your own rooms. It's so frustrating. That in combination with Special spawning so infrequently...

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
i'm just joining Experts at this point. Wings for gold medals, stam for other farm.

Also after every run, just leave and rejoin a new room - no point waiting around with misplaced loyalty for the host with the new badly-thought-out host requeue tweak. EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
i'm just joining Experts at this point. Wings for gold medals, stam for other farm.

Also after every run, just leave and rejoin a new room - no point waiting around with misplaced loyalty for the host with the new badly-thought-out host requeue tweak. EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF
This is actually what I started doing today. Better late than never, I suppose!

May 1, 2018
Yeah I host my own Easy and Standards and just join for Experts. Wing efficiency too. If anything it takes even longer to get a full room for Standard, but I set it to ID-only for a minute or two, do something else real quick, and then unlock it so I'm high up the queue.

The thing about the gold milestones in this one is that all the important rewards still end at 3000. You just get more Crystals and Dragonfruit to supplement blazon farming after that. But like... the EX raids are now essentially worth 1/5 of what they were before, at MOST since that's only accounting for the extra 99 and not whatever else it gives, and that was a loooot of gold emblems.

While I feel like the boss takes too long, it's not that much too long. I figure he has about 10% too much health.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what they were thinking making EX pop up way less frequently. It makes people a lot pickier too because they want to get the under 90 seconds. So many groups getting nope'd or the host leaving mid fight if the boss gets under 1:30.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like the whole system is flawed. EX shouldn't require any stamina or wings and should use a currency you earn in doing normal raids. You get 3 for expert, 2 for standard, 1 for beginner, and it costs 10 to enter. Whole thing is fixed.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not sure what they were thinking making EX pop up way less frequently. It makes people a lot pickier too because they want to get the under 90 seconds. So many groups getting nope'd or the host leaving mid fight if the boss gets under 1:30.

For this raid, always host the Special Raid.
I've gotten screwed so many times when I join. Host always disconnect after 90 secs.
If those people want epithet, they should do a pre-made group run.

Bearwolf

Oct 27, 2017
Hey I think the crit wyrmprints stack! Anyone want to test this out with me on expert Sabnock? I have 4 MUB Ring of exaltation for total 12 crit so even if you join with level 1 rings every 1 out of 4 strikes should crit if it indeed stacks. Join room:

Edit: scratch that, didn't know they disbanded rooms automatically.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Cygames really messed up with the EX rate for this raid.
It feels really annoying too because I feel this boss is tankier than previous raids' bosses.

Yeah I think the tanky nature of this boss is what gets to me. It's not like we aren't taking him down in expert groups, it's just that it takes forever to take him down. Between taking the boss down and waiting for a group to form that's a lot of time per raid on a mobile game. At least for me I use it more for time waster in between doing other stuff.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Realize once you maxed out Mikado's mana circle, you basicly become a death machine. His dual slashes are now 12k with max crit. They shouldnt have made that 5 star wurmprint that gets you 10% crit. I am now rolling almost 50% crit and my slashes average between 800 to 1500+ per hit. Once I use my Cerberus at lvl 2, I ended up doing rediculous damage with her. His synergy with my light team and Cupid is just plain stupid. OP as hell...

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Might have to wait for a fire facility before going after HMS. I've tried several times with Naveed and people are dying before a minute into the fight. Was thinking of switching to Euden so I can ignore stuns and get more hits in, but that still doesn't solve for people dying early and often.

Well it won't solve people dying early but it will probably lead to him dying faster. Hopefully on average with descent teams of randoms it will set him to die a bit after the first Gale Blast group of tornado traveling attack, after that it probably gets to be too much for a mobile game as I see people making more mistakes after that.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
2 days after getting Cupid on my daily pull, today's daily was Lucretia. Can't believe my luck there, especially since I already decided I was done on the banner after getting cupid

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I did a second ten pull and got a second dupe unicorn dragon. Gachaaaaa. Waiting for Christmas now.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Resplendent Refrain "Overture", but without BGM (vocals only). That voice. <3.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Figured I'd do just a single pull from the plethora of summon tickets this event is doling out, since I'm now hoarding for whatever banner the holidays will bring.

nwym3o.png

Landed down as a gold crystal, burst, and changed into that. First time I see the change in action too. Disgustingly lucky.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What's the situation with lootboxes at the moment? I feel like we won't get much information until countries make a stand on if they're banning them, in which case Dragalia probably won't be localized there.
In Canada? Nothing of that sort, so that can't be the reason they're holding back the release here. Some people suspect it's because they want to translate the game into French before they release it here in addition to the default English, and if that's so that's fine. I've said it before, but what upsets me most is the lack of confirmation. It sounds like they don't even have plans to release it in Canada or anywhere else, that's what's causing the majority of my frustration.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
What's the situation with lootboxes at the moment? I feel like we won't get much information until countries make a stand on if they're banning them, in which case Dragalia probably won't be localized there.

It's... just Belgium so far, isn't it? Has it gone beyond that?

That doesn't exactly affect Canada regardless, of course.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm not connected to Canada much, so I'm not super sure myself. This is what I could find though on Canada's relationship with EU. I feel it isn't out of the realm of possibility for Canada to follow suit with EU if they decide to outright ban lootboxes.

At the moment, both Belgium and the Netherlands have outlawed lootboxes. The Netherlands made a statement back in April about how Belgium wants to have an EU-wide ruling on lootboxes. Recently on Nov 22nd, Belgium's Justice Minister called for an EU-wide ban on lootboxes.

From what I understand, lootbox banning is primarily from the perspective of child/youth gambling, and unfortunately Dragalia Lost very much falls into that category as a gacha game rated for teens. So if there IS an EU-wide ban, I think EU localization is basically impossible.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Dang. Think I just had my worst 10-pull yet with a mix of nine 3* adventurers, dragons, and wyrmprints I already have along with one 4* wyrmprint at the end.

Currently sitting on a pity rate of 6.5%.

Edit: Did one more 10-pull. This one went well! Got Poli'Ahu and Ifrit who I didn't have before. Also got Rodrigo who's a 3*, but I didn't have. I also got Lucretia, so I can now have her, Vixel, and Elias all in the same party contributing to energy levels!

Last edited:

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda curious if I should have Pia in my light team and just have a full energize team.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna have to be the contrarian and say that this event's music has been a complete stinker for me. I can't stand it. Incredibly generic, especially next to all the other generic JP ballads that follow its exact structure, tone, and intonation. Not that that alone would kill it for me - I also just happen to not enjoy this type of music generally.

Alas, this event has also driven in the nail into the coffin that houses my desire to put more than the barest minimum of time into this game. I derive no enjoyment from fighting this boss whatsoever, especially given the significant time investment required, and have relegated the game to logging in to do the bare minimum dailies and nothing more. The only thing keeping me from uninstalling it entirely is the sunk cost fallacy, which I am apparently quite susceptible to.

I don't even know what Cygames could do to regain my interest. There are too many fundamental failures with the game as a whole. Analyzing its systems only puts my decision not to uninstall it outright even further into question. I should just bite the bullet and yet...

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty bored myself also. This last week or so I've been logging and and using skip tickets to do my dailies and even that I barely remember to do until half an hour before the reset.

A big issue is that once you're levelled and have some heavy investment in mana circles there's nothing that really tests you anymore. There's the high dragon but that pretty much hinges on whether you cbf making a 5 star weapon. Another thing is the presence of the clock. You can't really outskill a challenge by playing well and just winning through attrition. So everything is a DPS race and your options for input are super simplistic.

The game needs more options for gearing and things to go for other than making a 5 star weapons which is a horrendous grind. I think I'm gonna take an extended break after tomorrow with my last daily summon.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
As someone who generally just takes a break/moves on from games I'm no longer interested in, I never really understood what drives people to keep playing a game they don't enjoy anymore, to the point of outright disliking it sometimes. Video games are meant to be an activity you do as a break from obligations, it shouldn't feel like ANOTHER obligation you need to force yourself to slog through. Free time is limited, and there are SO many great video games out there vying for your attention.

After the "honeymoon" phase of this game for me, I understand it's not perfect. I don't feel compelled to try to juggle 3 accounts at the same time anymore, continually making new accounts to get a really good picture of the new player's experience. I'm even playing other games once I'm done draining my stamina/wings. However, I still diligently play across my main and F2P accounts because I enjoy the core gameplay loop.

If the games not for you anymore, that's fine. I can understand where people are coming from when they talk about finding the game too repetitive or the grind towards HMS is too long. There's talk about new content dropping soon, but it's not like it'll fundamentally change what the game is. Just play games you wholeheartedly enjoy.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
I watched the intro for this event, closed the app, and haven't opened it back up since. Just didn't interest me. I do hope that we get an event soon that focuses on a little bit older characters, but maybe that's just not the market this game is aiming for. But like so far Ceilera is the only event character that has interested me, and her event story was pretty bad and boring.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
There's talk about new content dropping soon, but it's not like it'll fundamentally change what the game is. Just play games you wholeheartedly enjoy.

To be quite frank it does actually change the experience, because right now once you're done with Masters there really isn't much meaningful sense of progression getting your characters stronger except to... clear content even faster. Service games are close to nothing without a sense of progress.

The producer letter nailed it - basically the jump from Master to High Dragon is an absurd one with nothing in the middle.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
To be quite frank it does actually change the experience, because right now once you're done with Masters there really isn't much meaningful sense of progression getting your characters stronger except to... clear content even faster. Service games are close to nothing without a sense of progress.

The producer letter nailed it - basically the jump from Master to High Dragon is an absurd one with nothing in the middle.

It does change that aspect of the game, but that's not the only issue some people have with the game. Some people dislike how grindy/hard the events are, some people think they're not grindy/hard enough. Some people don't think the High Dragons are even a good endgame reward. I think the producer letter addresses the biggest issues the game has in my eyes, but that doesn't solve all the problems people can have with the game.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
It does change that aspect of the game, but that's not the only issue some people have with the game. Some people dislike how grindy/hard the events are, some people think they're not grindy/hard enough. Some people don't think the High Dragons are even a good endgame reward. I think the producer letter addresses the biggest issues the game has in my eyes, but that doesn't solve all the problems people can have with the game.

The events not being grindy enough becoming an issue (specifically Melsas) was a function of that lack of jump from master dragons to hms.

Events right now are the only new content and in Granblue and Dragalia in they're just basically gaas that builds up the world, adds new characters to the world while being easily accessible so new players don't feel overwhelmed and thus quit.

During to dearth of that high level content, I think they're inflating how long the events grinding cycle is and it does hurt as it doesn't satisfy the high level players and honestly makes the experience frustrating for newer players.

Last edited:

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
w.r.t. THE CYGAMES GRIND I think the thing that made/makes Granblue grinds bearable (two years in so not a fair comparison here) is there were different grinds (or just plain fun stuff) you could swap to if it was getting to the point you felt it wasn't worth it, so yeah it's definitely in part a content availability issue.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Can I get an invite to the discord?

Its in the op.

w.r.t. THE CYGAMES GRIND I think the thing that made/makes Granblue grinds bearable (two years in so not a fair comparison here) is there were different grinds (or just plain fun stuff) you could swap to if it was getting to the point you felt it wasn't worth it, so yeah it's definitely in part a content availability issue.

For me, I definitely thinking it was the catchup experience for me in Granblue so those 3 years (in my case) of evolution of gameplay made that experience much more fun.

I'm not really a fan of m2 (but I have horrible east coast northern america ping so I"m really kinda not their target audience there).

May 1, 2018
I watched the intro for this event, closed the app, and haven't opened it back up since. Just didn't interest me. I do hope that we get an event soon that focuses on a little bit older characters, but maybe that's just not the market this game is aiming for. But like so far Ceilera is the only event character that has interested me, and her event story was pretty bad and boring.
Lucretia and Vixel are well-featured in this event, which is a lot more than Melsa's story. Elias himself is less involved than Melsa was.

...Also yeah, gacha games tend to be peak pandering for Japanese demographics, and this one is focused on being kid-friendly too.

When I started judging the designs I noticed that there was good variety in the guys, but every single girl could be described as "looks cute." Garuda is the first one I don't think looks cute (even though her face is softer than a few girls, oddly). And that's the thing, there are other ways to make ladies who are good-looking. Young men aren't so insecure - or they don't need so many waifus for their harem - that a 3* middle-aged woman who's kinda attractive would make them uninstall the game or pay less to roll for the shiny showcase characters. But that's not even strictly necessary, even if it would be great to have a lady roughly equivalent to Raemond. Why's Vanessa's body so soft? Mikoto and Musashi have clear toned bodies and they're really handsome guys, make a few women like that. And more like Garuda. Lucretia's pretty good, I just don't like her myself I guess (looking at her again, I think it's the feathers on her outfit where she's using them to make her ahoge blend in and it looks flashy).

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
My main problem is that I keep getting distracted whenever I go to do the raid, and so just end up wasting lots of time instead of just doing a few quick rounds in a row as intended. Would feel like less of a grind if I just focused better, especially when I stay up too late and end up pouring energy into the dailies post-reset instead. So that's my goal for tonight, just doing a lot of the raid without stopping for like ~30 minutes.

Meanwhile... will I eventually finally learn to position Amane way closer so that my initial attacks don't completely whiff when he raises his hand? Who can say.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I think I'll bow out for now. The game has been pretty good as far as gacha go, and I've been extremely lucky as a free account, but the grind is starting to get to me for this event. Probably my connection's fault, but the on-and-off connection errors when trying to play multiplayer is also very frustrating. The Canada thing is also very unfortunate. If they announce it here soon, maybe I'll take another look (if my account is able to switch regions).

I was going to try and finish this event for a MUB snowman dragon, but I may as well pull the bandaid off now lol.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Got 3K Gold Emblems on my F2P no pulls account, without using any stamina/wing regen items.

I fully unbound Maritimus as well. I'm also at over 1 million mana now since I maxed out all the story/event character's mana circle nodes basically as soon as Elias hit.

Here's the team I did most of my runs with. Even though I prioritized DPS, I feel even EX is possible to comfortably do with any characters as long as your controlled unit is Light, and the rest of the team is well upgraded. I'm controlling Luca at the moment, but my first few EX Clears were with controlling Elias, along with Ranzal and Elissane instead of Euden and Melsa. I also used 4 MUB Dragon Arcanum instead of Plunder Pals when controlling Elias since he only has one skill that benefits from extra skill damage. The event Print also doesn't give damage, so I believe dragon prep is the next best option if you use a character that benefits a lot from Plunder Pals, or simply don't have any good Wyrmprints yet.

I'll definitely devote my energy towards bronze emblems on this account, then potentially Expert again to get 4.5K Gold Emblems to get dragon fruit for Pele. You get a decent amount of Silver Emblems while doing that and I may not need to do any Standard runs in that case.

The fact that Smash is coming out in less than 24 hours means a lot of my free time's getting dedicated towards that, so I won't go all out on this raid on my main now that I've gotten all the Emblem rewards on it. In the second raid I literally got over 10K Gold Emblems from grinding it out for Blazon tickets. This time around, I'll just just dedicate my wings to the Expert raid to help out folks and otherwise use excess energy (after dailies) for Fortune runs because you can never have enough rupees.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I think this raid might be the beginning of the end of my love affair with Dragalia. No matter how hard I try I just can't bring myself to want to farm another one of these grindy events even tho I've been given basically infinite stamina/wings. The enemy is just a giant bullet sponge, I can literally beat it by just tapping the screen without even looking at it. I'm not sure I'm even going to be able to farm it enough to get a max unbound teddy bear dragon thing. And I feel like once I go just one event in these types of games without getting the major limited stuff out of them that's pretty much lights out on the whole game. I've seen it happen with many mobile games in the past. I just have more interesting things to do with my free time.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Boy I'll tell you what, the Discord for this game has some god damned savages on there. Struggled trying title runs with pubs, got real close one time at 1:28 left on the clock, but posted room on discord and got a ~60 second clear done on the first try so easily

Status
Not open for further replies.