• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Boy I'll tell you what, the Discord for this game has some god damned savages on there. Struggled trying title runs with pubs, got real close one time at 1:28 left on the clock, but posted room on discord and got a ~60 second clear done on the first try so easily

Good to hear, because I was planning to do that later today, hah.

Joined the Discord but decided not to do it last night, because I didn't get around to doing it till it was almost midnight, after it popped a little earlier in the night. Was a little picky (...by which I mean I think I left a lobby once, if not twice) with joining regularly and we managed to get 1:27. So I'm hopeful joining a Discord one will go at least 3 seconds better...

Oct 25, 2017
Wasnt granblue pretty barebones in the start, certainly before the eng version even came out. Seems weird to compare GBF when most people in the eng speaking arena started playing it, to Dragalia which was available day1.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how does the EX raid work? It goes off randomly to someone and then they can host it once? Is it the same difficulty as the regular raid just with better rewards or is it different?

I have the option to made an Ex raid but didn't try, in fear of wasting it. Only been playing two weeks and my team's might is just a bit over 9k.

Oct 25, 2017
So how does the EX raid work? It goes off randomly to someone and then they can host it once? Is it the same difficulty as the regular raid just with better rewards or is it different?

I have the option to made an Ex raid but didn't try, in fear of wasting it. Only been playing two weeks and my team's might is just a bit over 9k.
Better rewards (like 99 gold emblems). Felt kind of easy to be honest, and I went in at 11K might, just have to stay on top of your health andwatch out for that initial boss charge.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017

You can host or join for free. It only goes away if you succeed, so there's no way to "waste" it. It's harder than Expert, with some different attack patterns, but the time limit is 3 minutes so he goes down faster to make up for it.

You get 100 gold each time so you should go for it, if you can, as soon as it appears. Especially now that it's much rarer than it used to be, so you really want to maximize the times you do it. Basically, the way to "waste" it is actually to not do it because currently you're doing Expert runs with no chance of it popping instead of having a chance.

(As a historical note: it did used to be, for the very first raid, that only hosting Expert gave you a chance of getting Extra. And when you had access you could host it for free or join for wings, but it only went away if you hosted. They changed it for the second raid, and then lowered the Extra chances a lot for this one.)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I really need to focus on finishing the silver/gold event rewards, but I can't be troubled to go beyond 3000 for gold and with Special raid's appearance being reduced so greatly, it's taking so long to grind more of them. I know the silver testaments are decently important so I'll probably finish off silver at the very least. I doubt I'll go the full 4500 for gold though.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I leveled at a bad time today so I still have over 12 wings, whoops. Didn't want to grind the raid too much when I have Smash to play. Dailies at the reset will help bring them down a bit and I'll get more in tomorrow; I regret lazily solo-ing Standard early on cause I bet I hit 3k gold with more than 1k silver.

And the Discord did help me get that title, after one attempt that was seconds off (but thankfully I was able to quit hosting at the very last second). Second attempt had someone with H. Elly and a 5* T3 MUB weapon sooo it went a bit faster.

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
Just rolled Mikoto... so between Mikoto, Verica and Ezelith (who I spent the most upgrades on), which character would you recommend for HMS?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Just rolled Mikoto... so between Mikoto, Verica and Ezelith (who I spent the most upgrades on), which character would you recommend for HMS?

Mikoto is the best single DPS bar none, both for HMS and in general. He's the only character most people are willing to have multiple of (3 Mikoto's/1 Verica is completely fine) whereas you can really only have one Verica/Ezelith/Euden/Vanessa/Sinoa in a party most of the time. It's been a couple days, but the last time I was pubbing with randoms, Verica's were over abundant since she's the easiest to gear for if you have Phoenix. Ezelith really isn't ideal for HMS with her lack of stun resistance.

It's possible to still play her and people will still accept you if you are geared enough (as long as there isn't another Ezelith in the party), but you're the most likely to end runs if you get hit once a lot of the time due to getting stunned. If you can get at least 1624 HP on Ezelith with the Glorious Tempest Wyrmprint, even with Phoenix, something I'd suggest is to solo HMS so you can see what it's like to play Ezelith. You can survive his initial hit and up until his homing attack. It'll give you a good idea on how careful Ezelith needs to play like since she should almost never get hit whereas Mikoto/Vanessa/Euden have more room for error and can take a few hits with no big issue. You're basically playing the fight on ultra hard mode as Ezelith.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I need help I lost my data in Dragalia Lost, my old phone got all it's memory deleted and I never got around to linking it to my Nintendo account, is there anything I can do to get all game data back?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I need help I lost my data in Dragalia Lost, my old phone got all it's memory deleted and I never got around to linking it to my Nintendo account, is there anything I can do to get all game data back?

If you made any purchases, email [email protected] explaining the situation with some of the purchasing info, maybe attach screenshots of the receipts. I'm not sure how well they'd be able to help you if you didn't buy anything though without linking a Nintendo account, maybe include your friend code if you have that written down somewhere.

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
Got a Dragon unbinding stone and can't decide whether I wanna use it on Agni or Cupid -_-

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I really need to focus on finishing the silver/gold event rewards, but I can't be troubled to go beyond 3000 for gold and with Special raid's appearance being reduced so greatly, it's taking so long to grind more of them. I know the silver testaments are decently important so I'll probably finish off silver at the very least. I doubt I'll go the full 4500 for gold though.
At leadt you can solo Standar and noob raids

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Actually finally made some more progress in golds while multitasking today (which is to say I just played a few minutes of another game between rounds...). I'm at 2k gold; pushing harder tomorrow should get me within reach... worst case Monday I'll use some honey/dust to be safe. I'm still just kinda annoyed at myself for doing Standards early on because I'm at 700 silver, so reaching 3k gold will definitely get me past 1k, and meanwhile I'm not halfway done bronze so it would have been way more useful to have run that instead...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Since weekly reset is soon, decided to get the 3 HMS Weekly Chests now. Been raid grinding, and the release of Smash has made it a lot harder for me to dedicate as much time to Dragalia as usual. I can start that game up thinking I'll play it just for 10 minutes or so, and then 4 hours pass, wasting a lot of potential Stamina/Wings because their full on both my accounts. Either way, decided to see if the HMS pug experience is any different compared to before the raid. Also, image posting isn't working for me, so here's an imgur link of my 3 Clears.

HMS Weekly PUG Clears

1st Team Makeup was Vanessa and 2 Mikoto's. Game was pretty straightforward. Vanessa has the role of "tanking" by getting the aggro of Midgard, so his spitballs and Tempest attacks would hit towards to wall and away from everyone else.

2nd Team Makeup was 3 Mikoto's. Everyone was pretty overgeared, so it was completed really quickly.

3rd Team Makeup was Ezelith, Vanessa, and Mikoto. This was the hardest of the three, mainly because I had to keep using my 1st skill on the stunned Ezelith to make sure Tempests and spitballs wouldn't kill them. I guarantee the run would have failed if a less geared/experienced Verica was playing, because there were multiple times I had to use my regen heal on Ezelith while everyone else was full health, and furiously rebuild my regen heal again before Midgard did more full team attacks. An Ezelith playing perfectly leads to fine runs, it's just Ezelith's who aren't on top of their game who can lead to a lot of runs ending early, even if Vanessa/Euden/Mikoto take many more hits during a run.

Overall, the runs were fine, not too different from what I'm used to. I overgeared my Verica specifically for runs like my third clear, where I can essentially "heal" carry some teams to makeup for some lack of skill. Thankfully my skills haven't gotten too dull from not doing HMS daily like before. I still personally find this content the most fun, and am definitely looking forward to the next High Dragon.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Now THAT'S a person who really loves playing Ezelith, and knows HMS timings perfectly with the way they use Howling Meteor to DPS and dodge every Overdrive Trident Tempests. It's like the Euden's who can Exalted Fire dodge, but to an even more absurd degree.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
Got a Dragon unbinding stone and can't decide whether I wanna use it on Agni or Cupid -_-
From GBF the general rule is that you don't use stones to unbind until you have enough to fully unbind the dragon since you don't know when you will get extra copies and the full unbind gives a very big buff.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Listen, you don't need to tell me about Smash, it's almost 4 AM because of it...

somehow I actually played enough earlier that I didn't waste any energy, though of course now I have to quickly spend some wings on dailies...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Got all the Bronze and Silver Emblems on my F2P no pulls account without any stamina/wing regen items. I would have finished it off a lot sooner had Smash not come out.

5-B42-EE9-A-2-BED-4934-8-DB2-216-D20-C919-BB.png

Overall, it wasn't too difficult. I didn't manage to get no deaths or the epithet on EX, but I don't really care about 10 wyrmite or the epithet since I don't spend Wyrmite and epithets are just cosmetic. While there's technically Gold Emblem reward for up 4.5K, 4.2K is the last with dragon fruit while 4.5K has exp crystals, which I already have an over abundance of. Since I'm literally 7 Gold Emblems away from 4.2K, I'll just be doing the raid dailies and otherwise be done with the event on my alt and continue working on crafting my first 5* weapon, unless I find it particularly difficult to spend my wings.

Definitely looking forward to the next event, chapter, and above Master difficulties for my alt, while I'm looking forward to the next High Dragon on my main.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
So tomorrow we should have some info about the next update/event and summon showcase (maybe only Tuesday for this one).

There was a theory on Reddit that the next event could be a collaboration with Daoko since her new album, that features her drawn in DL art style as a preorder bonus, comes out 12/12, right when the current event end.
It would also explains why there is no break between the end of the current event and the beginning of the next one.

Granted it would means no Christmas event until later in the month which would be weird, unless the Daoko event is shorter than usual.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The Daoko theory has felt weird to me cause it's pretty arbitrary beyond the fact that the album was delayed to that date. I feel like that kind of thing is something they'd want to advertise and build up hype for in advance, because they could get her fans who don't play DL interested in the game that way. So I expect her to show up as a unit eventually, just... not quite this time around. And maybe that'd be a "buy the CD for her" sort of thing anyway? GBF does that, doesn't it? Or was that just character costumes...? I forget what people said about it.

Rather, I'd be happy with it happening now. I just think it's much more likely the case that there's no event, but instead cramming in a week with High Mercury + story before Christmas? Since we know that's supposed to be the middle of this month (which, how, how does time pass this fast). I dunno what that means for what the showcase is, of course.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Chapter 7 is planned for the end of the year unlike the next high dragon trial which is mid-December, so probably not until after the Christmas event.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, huh, I hadn't realized they weren't planned for the same time. Though I guess that depends on how you interpret "the end of the year". It would make sense to have both given how chapter 6 worked, but who knows. I guess we're already just assuming it'll be Mercury...

I guess the showcase could be like... rate ups on existing things of the element good against the dragon? But that could be weird; if it's indeed Mercury, that's kinda a repeat of Wind Bows Forever soon after the facility event...

it's probably just a normal showcase that's short just because, or something; we'll know soon enough

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The more think about it the more I believe the DAOKO character might be a free unit, maybe released in a collaboration event before the Christmas banner. They probably won't make her a 5* because of this, but I can see them giving her away as a 4* to all players, and maybe have a simple story event to along with it.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Did Special with Discord people so I was listening to a podcast during it. Did forget to get back to game audio so I had to wait at the end for lines to clear, which is usually fine, but this time...

it didn't show me my rewards, just this, but I lost access so despite the message I think it maybe stole 100 gold from me, lol

I only had 10 blazion after; does special usually give more? If so, I did get nothing. If not, maybe I'm solid.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Did Special with Discord people so I was listening to a podcast during it. Did forget to get back to game audio so I had to wait at the end for lines to clear, which is usually fine, but this time...

it didn't show me my rewards, just this, but I lost access so despite the message I think it maybe stole 100 gold from me, lol

I only had 10 blazion after; does special usually give more? If so, I did get nothing. If not, maybe I'm solid.

Just did an EX on my alt, only rewarded 10 Blazon, so I think you're good.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Trying to pull the last bear dragon thing I need to max unbind and he's being so stubborn. Down to about 200 items left in the current draw pool w/ no bear and have gotten so sick of running this raid.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm ready for this event to be over lol. Hopefully they give us a big update on what's to come, because this event I feel has sapped a lot of enthusiasm the game had.

Ahri

Lying PR
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
After playing approx 4/5h everyday a bit more than a month, and spend a decent amount of money, I didn't find the will to grind this event. Just want to auto-raid.

I sure hope the next events will offer a bit more variety...

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
5 copies to uncap a dragon is too much for how damn grindy blazon summons are. They really need to decrease the amount of filler there is in those, or just make the dragon rate higher. I've farmed a decent amount every day and I only have 3 copies. There's no way I'm getting the last 2.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm losing steam and interest farming this raid to try and get five copies of the event dragon.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
the problem this event for me was that the boss was too unbalanced (they make it a HP sponge) so farming him was a real pain in hte ass.

way more HP than previous bosses and no Damage WP

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I got the Dragon MUB (he doesn't even have a place among my party lol), almost finished everything need only a few silver emblems , but yeah the copy paste and duration of the event is kinda bad we need new meaningful content ASAP

Edit: we got 500 wyrmite as gift nice :)

Last edited:

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I got the Dragon MUB (he doesn't even have a place among my party lol), almost finished everything need only a few silver emblems , but yeah the copy paste and duration of the event is kinda bad we need new meaningful content ASAP

Edit: we got 500 wyrmite as gift nice :)
hopefully this month we get mega mercury. chapter 7 and the fabled Maze type event.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously hope they rethink the EX rate and how much HP the boss has.

I've still been able to end up sorta casually getting what I want (1k/1k/3k) right at the end again, or at least I'll have that by when it ends tomorrow night, but it was more tedious this time. The EX change + the hosting change actually made raiding worse than it was with no gain to the player, and Sabnock is just boring to fight over and over.

At least with challenge battles it's always snappy and I feel some sense of actual accomplishment every time when I get a great time. For raids, the boss attacks and learning what to do is neat at first, and then it just becomes hoping nobody else fucks up so badly that the fight takes even longer, which was particularly bad this time. Not to mention the waiting for people + the loading to get in...

May 1, 2018
Got the Twinkling Sand.

My desire to be efficient wants to get to at least 3600 golds since Expert gives a decent amount of silvers too, so that I don't grind Standard as much and get some succ fruit.

Honestly I do find this more boring than Challenge Battle, and Hypnos was kinda the same, just faster. In Challenge Battle, all the variables are in my control to get it as fast as possible. The problem is Challenge Battle events fuck up the stamina/wing balance, and are harder for newer players. I think they should change hosting to using wings just because then they can do all this event stuff that messes with the balance more freely.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Glad im not the only one feeling that way. I lost all interest to grind this event pretty early on. Still dont know how I made it this far. Raids felt incredibly slow without the wyrnprint we are usually given. I know why they did it, but it definitely didn't make it more fun.

May 1, 2018
The boss has too much HP because they gave it too much HP. Saying it's because of print changes is an assumption. There are a dozen reasons they could have done it.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This raid was the only one I wasn't able to get the Epithet for as well, despite light being my best element. They really need to tune things for the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.