• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
A big factor to why this event felt more grindy I feel is Elias. Not only does he not have 2 damage skills, he needs synergy otherwise his 2nd ability will rarely activate, on top of being a a defensive bow unit, resulting in having the lowest Strength in the game. A 4* elemental weapon also only gives HP up. As a result, you have many new players just not doing nearly as much damage as previous raids with Celery and Melsa if they decided to main the event character this time around. I legitimately think Luca is a better DPS.

On top of that, I realized towards the end that Euden is legitimately a better DPS on my no pulls FPS account, literally almost double Luca and Elias' Strength because 1) Pele gives 30% Strength MUB compared to Jupiter's 10% Strength and HP, 2) I have him 5* promoted, giving him extra stats, 3) Euden has more Strength mana circle nodes than both Lucas and Elias by being classified as an Attack unit compared to Support (Lucas) or Defense (Elias), which means facilities and Pele give even more additional Strength, and 4) his facilities are more leveled up in preparation for HMS. The fact that the event character is seemingly less effective than even 3* options (Irfan, Raemond, even Malora are all better for DPS) isn't ideal.

Not even mentioning the fact that it's odd to have an event character be the exact same weapon/element combo as a story character. I hope future event characters don't double up like this, since it limits how much some players can play if they're fairly unlucky with pulls.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Elias is horrible, the boss has a ton more hp, loss of buff on wyrmprint, Nerf to ex rates.

It was all too much and it hurt the experience.

May 1, 2018
This raid was the only one I wasn't able to get the Epithet for as well, despite light being my best element. They really need to tune things for the next one.
I got the epithet from being picky about groups and forfeiting when it went over time (I didn't host so the others could still complete those raids). Didn't take toooo long. Then I got epithet time in a random group later lol.

My Light team is... weirdly good, but definitely not the best. I have HEli who's better than Julietta and Hildegarde for the raid. I also have Maribelle who is Top 2 most useful off-element 5*s (the other one being Ezelith). But I don't have Amane or either Light attack dragon, and my strongest weapon is a single 0UB 5*T2 (I should probably just bite the bullet and make Compass Needle, since it's much more likely I'll end up making it than Gae Bolg -> Water Lance... though now it hardly seems necessary). I'm running Elias despite having no other energy units, since I felt like he'd still be better than Linus...? I might be wrong on that just due to weapon types and a second nuke, but oh well, he's a defense unit with a defensive passive. Axes are better against crowds, and he's not a Force Strike axe so he won't chew through the OD bar.

Last edited:

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't exactly notice the raid boss being an HP sponge myself, but I went on the wiki real quick to check and whoo boy they did not balance this boss well. Clearly they didn't take into account removing raid print damage bonuses.

Expert Sabnock has more than 100k more HP than Expert Hypnos, and no damage boosting wyrmprint. Absurd.

May 1, 2018
It's because he doesn't have Ascension.

And/or because Hypnos was fragile.

And/or because the playerbase is generally stronger now so they wanted to balance for that (Phraeganoth had even less HP).

And/or because they removed the print bonus.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Trying to decide if it makes sense economically to get a 4th smithwyrm. It'd cost 400 or I could quick finish one for 28. How many do most of you have? 3 generally has seemed fine to me.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't exactly notice the raid boss being an HP sponge myself, but I went on the wiki real quick to check and whoo boy they did not balance this boss well. Clearly they didn't take into account removing raid print damage bonuses.

Expert Sabnock has more than 100k more HP than Expert Hypnos, and no damage boosting wyrmprint. Absurd.
While true, the fight also doesn't have any kind of extended "stop fighting the boss to hit other stuff" segment like the last two raids

May 1, 2018
4 is great. 4 buildings needed at max level for High Midgard.

I feel like I don't have enough rupies, medallions and maybe even orbs to keep up on 5. It would probably just go to upgrading the Dragon Tree until that maxes out.

3 is probably optimal if you don't mind waiting longer before you can really start on 5* weapons. Which doesn't actually matter much if you can't farm the stuff to upgrade dojos and altars for High Dragons that fast. So... it might be worse if you use the 30-Day Recovery Pack since that lets you farm quite a lot more.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got enough eldwater to promote my final 3 star to 5 star
DuGMmwOVsAAFE-u.jpg:small

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Managed to get the 4.5K Gold Emblem reward for my no pulls account, even though I REALLY don't need exp crystals anymore. Did my HMS Weekly chests today. Now that I've finished the raid completely on both accounts, I may go back to daily HMS PUGs.

HMS Weekly PUG Clears

1st Team Makeup was an Ezelith and 2 Mikoto's. Ezelith played well enough that I rarely needed to use my skill to un-stun her. Howling Meteor is quite a good skill for spitball baiting.

2nd Team Makeup was a Vanessa, a Sinoa, and a Mikoto. The Vanessa was somewhat undergeared, only around 1700 Strength, but Sinoa buffs are really good for offsetting that. Getting Strength ups and Crite rate ups along with skill damage do-ability made it so it was a really smooth run overall. Sinoa got hit a couple times, but I healed her well and since she's ranged, I had more wiggle room in waiting to cure her.

3rd Team Makeup was funnily enough 2 Euden's and a Vanessa, I guess proving that clearing with 2 Euden's is possible, even without a Mikoto. The higher Might Euden was skilled at dodging purple Tempests with Exalted Fire, adding extra DPS. We cut it really close, like a handful of seconds before time's up, but the run also wasn't flawless with them getting hit a lot.

Overall, pretty solid runs, was fun seeing 2 Euden's willing to give it a go. Looking forward to the next High Dragon Trial.

Someone did the math, and apparently when a fire facility comes out, a Euden can hit the HMS minimum without being fully unbound (all 50 mana nodes unbound). They need the non-Eldwater 5th Mana Circle nodes, altars and dojo's at 30/30 and 16/18, Lvl 80 5* elemental weapon, maxed Glorious Tempest, and lvl 100 MUB Pele. I'll get my Euden on my F2P account to that and just wait for that fire facility, since I'd rather use my Elwater for more 5* promotions. I may try to do HMS with Vanessa's before then if my Strength isn't too low, we'll see.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I feel very bad because without thinking I decided to quickly fix the podcast playing audio issue before the boss fully died, and this time it decided to actually disconnect me as the host so everyone got ejected right at the end of an Expert fight.

on the other hand, this was with a 6k Elias main with a rainbow team who would not leave and made the entire thing a struggle, so if it had to be anyone... well, I feel bad for the other two still, especially as I experienced the other side of this in a round just before and it sucked

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Probably not, they would have likely announced something new coming if that were the case. I have a feeling it might be a dead week which is unfortunate, especially coming off a raid event as disappointing as this one. :(

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
RNGesus has forsaken me. Zero five stars from the couple of ten pulls I did. I think that's the worst banner run I've had but all my element teams are above 10K these days which is good, still no five star wind or dark heroes for me yet.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought they might wait until summer to do a swimsuit Mym (for maximum fan-service), but honestly...that's a long time to wait for something so much in-demand. If they opt to do a Christmas Mym instead...wyrmite will be spent. Lots of wyrmite.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I always thought they might wait until summer to do a swimsuit Mym (for maximum fan-service), but honestly...that's a long time to wait for something so much in-demand. If they opt to do a Christmas Mym instead...wyrmite will be spent. Lots of wyrmite.

Or they just release everything; standard, seasonals, and grand versions. Lol.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
I'm actually rather baffled as to Mym's popularity when Rosetta which basically fulfilled a similar function got a lukewarm reception but that'd probably be deliving a little too far into the study of Japanese tastes in their animu than I'm comfortable with.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, Mym is the only one in the main cast that even has a semblance of a personality so far, even if it is pretty generic.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually rather baffled as to Mym's popularity when Rosetta which basically fulfilled a similar function got a lukewarm reception but that'd probably be deliving a little too far into the study of Japanese tastes in their animu than I'm comfortable with.

Need euden's head randomly shopped ontonthe entire cast like Djeeta.

Oct 26, 2017
meh dragon showcase seems like bait. Next showcase starts a day after Cygames fest and that's likely to be a big one. And since it is holidays and during their fest maybe they'll be extra generous, please.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I could use a leviathan, but it doesn't seem to be a good idea for me to draw considering I have cerberus and jeanne already

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
I started hustling to get the remaining single summon vouchers today, and maybe finish off the bronze and silver medals, (single summons were worthless 3* prints, of course), when I realised the last one put me over the mark for increased 5* pity rate. I have been saving up for the inevitable Christmas banner, and had just hit 10000 wyrmite, so I said, what the hell, I'll do ONE 10 pull. Really glad I did.

QeAKWaQ_d.jpg

Only my 4th 5* character (added to Mikoto, Ezelith, and Lily), and my second 5* gacha dragon. Shame I used up all my luck before the Christmas event though.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Any recommendation on the fastest, most mindless way to get blazon tickets? I slept on this event the last few days so emblem clears are out of the question but I only need one more of the fluffy dragon boi to MUB.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My bets on Mym are either Christmas or Valentine's day. Because those 2 holidays make sense for them to totally exploit people who think she's their waifu. Plus all the money will rake in.

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
If it helps to fuel ridiculous speculation about Mym, Vixel's story mentions "Dragonyule" and I would take that to be the name of something Christmas event related. Of course this means absolutely nothing, and I just want Mym.

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who kinda blazed through the story content, I was like "who tf is mym?" *googles* Okay, now I remember lol.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Any recommendation on the fastest, most mindless way to get blazon tickets? I slept on this event the last few days so emblem clears are out of the question but I only need one more of the fluffy dragon boi to MUB.

Hosting expert Manticore solo. If you pump honey into it, it goes down really fast. Its also insta join for queueing, but you don't get as many tickets as there is a host chest.

Feb 14, 2018
Since a given EX Raid doesn't go away until you beat it, is there any reason you can't just quit after 90 seconds and try again for the endeavor? Is there a rule against it?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Since a given EX Raid doesn't go away until you beat it, is there any reason you can't just quit after 90 seconds and try again for the endeavor? Is there a rule against it?
Nope, it's what a lot of people did (myself included), with how rare the EX raid is. As mentioned though, please don't do it in random rooms if you're the host. If you're not the host and the boss is really close to death it's okay to leave, but if you are the host and you quit it'll force the run to end for everyone. The best method is to join Discord and find a dedicated farm to do it, that way everyone knows to quit if you go below the timing needing for the title.

Feb 14, 2018
No, but don't do that if you're the one hosting.
Fair. I carry my weight so I don't think I'll lose any sleep over ditching a few raids.

Thanks for the answers guys. I just started playing last week.

Edit: I see, what I can do is keep playing until he has a sliver of health, then quit. That way I can try again and my team still wins.

Oct 26, 2017
You could also post in the discord your private room number and there are people carrying teams to the badge all night.

That's what I did, and not only did I get the badge with my last EX run, but also passed 3000 gold emblems so i am done with this event!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Continuing the grind for 5* elemental weapon/being HMS ready on my no pulls F2P account now that I finished the event on it. Just need another 50 sword tablets, a bunch of flame orbs for the altars, 4 more levels on Pele, and a bunch of Granite before my Euden just needs an event fire facility to be completely geared for HMS.

Daily HMS PUG Clear

Team Makeup was a Vanessa and 2 Mikoto's. I feel like this and a Vanessa, Euden, and Mikoto are basically the two team compositions that yield the most successful runs on average in terms of PUGs, as long as the Vanessa is good at spitball baiting. I'd argue Euden might be a bit better over a second Mikoto because of his ability to jump over Trident tornados with Exalted Fire and a Defense down for more DPS, without the "no stun resist" issue of Ezelith, on top of being able to do really fast breaks with force strikes. However, 2 Mikoto's is still solid, and this run just went quite smoothly overall.

I feel like without a dedicated baiter, runs are a lot more likely to go amiss. I had a run that timed out because no one was on baiting duty, so literally all 3 DPS's were constantly rolling during the spitball phases without doing DPS in that time. It's good to be cautious, but my goodness was there a lot less DPS as a result.

Feb 14, 2018
You could also post in the discord your private room number and there are people carrying teams to the badge all night.

That's what I did, and not only did I get the badge with my last EX run, but also passed 3000 gold emblems so i am done with this event!
I'm not getting any responses in the Discord. Been getting noped out of public matches too. :/

Edit: I eventually got it with minutes to spare, haha. Couldn't have done it without the folks on Discord. Kudos.

Last edited:

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
My poor Dark units will never get the chance to shine. It's nice to know that we're really getting a break from events for this week. I love that they're giving us time to grind some more materials and IO. Btw, that was a nice little ending for the Raid event.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Xander is in that picture, but he's already a water unit? Also, Xander Xainfried is the rate-up adventurer for the dragon showcase.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.