• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Lastly RIP Xander lol he doesn't bring anything to the fight so far.

fCmiCqJ.jpg

ALRIGHT BOIS LETS DO THIS

LIFE MISTAKES WERE MADE

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I was curious about something, and maybe some of y'all more crazy gacha games can help me understand it a bit more. To my understanding, there are characters in this that are actually from Cygames other titles? What titles would those be? I'm aware of Granblue Fantasy and that being their huge one, and this is the series the character Lily is from?

Basically, there is a cygames multiverse.

Their four games that I'm going to mention are Rage of Bahamut; Granblue Fantasy, Shadoverse (the card game) and now Dragalia lost (which are all still in service). Dragalia Lost in particular owes a lot of a design inspiration to a canceled game called Knights Of Glory).

Lily is from Rage of Bahamut and showed up in the other three games.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
I was curious about something, and maybe some of y'all more crazy gacha games can help me understand it a bit more. To my understanding, there are characters in this that are actually from Cygames other titles? What titles would those be? I'm aware of Granblue Fantasy and that being their huge one, and this is the series the character Lily is from?
Two of the biggest cameos so far are the dragons Jeanne d'Arc and Cerberus. Both of them originally come from Rage of Bahamut, one of Cygames first big hits. I think Lily also comes from Rage of Bahamut, but I'm not totally sure. But this is just the beginning.

Dragalia Lost in its entirety is basically just a big sequel/remake/reimagining to an older Cygames title called Knights of Glory that precedes Granblue Fantasy. That game was set in the Kingdom of Alberia, featuring heroes fighting for its King who could summon powerful dragons. Not only is that same kingdom used in Dragalia, pretty much every dragon and monster other than Maritimus and Sabnock uses a design taken straight from it. Everything from the little Fafnirs to Holywyrm Elysium still use their Knights of Glory designs, and even Cerberus and Jeanne use designs from there, rather than their Rage of Bahamut designs.

What is more, most of the characters released so far (other than plot characters like Euden or Cleo), wear clothes and equipment based on the classes and equipment from that game, or even use the original character designs. Further, the girl from the Treasure Trade menu literally is a Knights of Glory character, and the main story characters from that game appear in Wyrmprints.

So if you want to see what old stuff Cygames might port over into Dragalia, Knights of Glory is a good start.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
For a holiday event this was really well written, I loved the concept and the ending was really nice

May 1, 2018
No way Eli with Mercury would suffice without a complete carry.
That's not what F2P means.

No, a lot of people aren't going to have my Xainfried (and he really wants Levi since he lets the dragon shine, unless Jeanne's attack chain is also really good), even with the rate-up on Dragon Special. But Karina seems good for this fight (funny I don't have her), as is Thaniel.

The HP check IS way higher though... in addition, when it comes to the timer, I'd prefer if the timer was somewhat longer and there were two epithets for High Dragons, one of them like Raid/Challenge epithet. That gives a special title to the whales/extremely lucky/all-in with sunstones people who have the really big numbers.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I really want when lesser tier materials are the bottleneck for advancing characters.

NEED MORE NORMAL SCALES!

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Longer timer isn't going to benefit high dragon trial attempts. If shit goes south it goes south. Wipes or early deaths vastly outnumber the runs where the party gets to 0:00 with everyone alive.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Oh jeez the wave battle seems way tougher this time around. The enemies have some real horrible AoE attacks and are quite annoying

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh jeez the wave battle seems way tougher this time around. The enemies have some real horrible AoE attacks and are quite annoying
Yeah, my allies can't live through the second to last wave at all, the mages destroy them. I try timing my skills for the invulnerability frames, but when they stagger their attacks there's not a lot I can do. :/

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
yo Dragalia Era! started playin this about 11 days ago(techically more but my IOS data didn't tansfer over ot my Amazon fire tablet for some reason...) and this game is highly addicting(like most gacha games) but I'm very much enjoying the story, on chapter 6 and I've kinda hit my first wall so currently beefing up my party: here's my motley crew/dragons/wyrmprints:

DuqFcdOW0AEZLJc.jpg

DuqFjx4XgAIMfqE.jpg

DuqFUrxXcAEW4ec.jpg

DuqG_yKWsAIS04-.jpg

Just looking for the do's and don't of Dragalia Lost; any tips/suggestions/criticisms

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
And that's about how well the players know the fight and react. The strength stat isn't.

You're missing the point. It's proportionally much, MUCH rarer for any one party to hit 0:00 and timeout than it is to either wipe or kill the boss prior.

Regardless of how well a group of people know the fight or not, mistakes tend to be made and the most reliable way to increase the percentage of stable attempts is to reduce the amount of time spent on an attempt, i.e. killing the boss faster, i.e. coming back to the same core problem of gacha being one of the core factors of whether someone can clear the fight or not.

What you're suggesting, lengthening the timers, runs along the opposite in that longer attempts simply mean an ever growing chance at someone or another making fatal mistakes along the way during any single given attempt.

Incidentally "how well players know the fight and react" also naturally leads to shorter attempts.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
On the topic of the Strength stat for High Dragons, 2K+ Strength isn't actually REQUIRED for HMS, BUT it's to compensate for people's lack of knowledge/skill at the fight. The lowest I've seen for dps is 2 Mikoto's and Vanessa with 1.9K Strength, 1.6K Strength, and 1.4K Strength (Verica with 1.1K), all using 3* dragons clearing with 16 seconds to spare, but that's because all of them know the HMS fight incredibly well. With more Strength in HMS, it means people can play safer, more margins for mistakes, and potentially still clear even with someone dying partway through. The biggest concern with people that have less Strength is their lack of skill at the fight, moreso than raw DPS.

Last edited:

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the AI update made the AI worse?

now my main character will use their abilities the moments they are charged, as long as there is one (1) enemy that could maybe be kind of in range, meaning they miss all the time

and it kicks in the moment I stop pressing the screen. Auto takes over and they waste their special skill

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
That's not what F2P means.

No, a lot of people aren't going to have my Xainfried (and he really wants Levi since he lets the dragon shine, unless Jeanne's attack chain is also really good), even with the rate-up on Dragon Special. But Karina seems good for this fight (funny I don't have her), as is Thaniel.

The HP check IS way higher though... in addition, when it comes to the timer, I'd prefer if the timer was somewhat longer and there were two epithets for High Dragons, one of them like Raid/Challenge epithet. That gives a special title to the whales/extremely lucky/all-in with sunstones people who have the really big numbers.
Sorry, but F2P does not mean assuming that players have characters that you need to roll using the PREMIUM CURRENCY to even have a chance of getting. No idea how you got the definition so twisted. There's no way you can reasonably expect players to have 5* characters or MUB 4* dragons as a F2P player - absolutely no fucking way. That's twisting the definition of F2P to the absolute breaking point.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
yo Dragalia Era! started playin this about 11 days ago(techically more but my IOS data didn't tansfer over ot my Amazon fire tablet for some reason...) and this game is highly addicting(like most gacha games) but I'm very much enjoying the story, on chapter 6 and I've kinda hit my first wall so currently beefing up my party: here's my motley crew/dragons/wyrmprints:

DuqFcdOW0AEZLJc.jpg

DuqFjx4XgAIMfqE.jpg

DuqFUrxXcAEW4ec.jpg

DuqG_yKWsAIS04-.jpg

Just looking for the do's and don't of Dragalia Lost; any tips/suggestions/criticisms

A screenshot of the team you're trying to do Chapter 6 with would give a good picture on where to improve. In general though, I'd recommend participating in the currently running event (Dragonyule) to build up resources, further upgrade your teams, and understanding the game mechanics better. The biggest thing is getting the event facility to 30, since it's a permanent passive bonus to Water units that you potentially can't get/upgrade again until next year.

If I remember right, Chapter 6 involves fire and light units, so while doing the event with Water units, I'd recommend building up a Fire/Dark team that runs non-event dailies that'll eventually do Chapter 6 when it's strong enough. More consideration should be on Water at the moment though since the event only lasts 10 days while you'll always be able to do Chapter 6.

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Yeah, my allies can't live through the second to last wave at all, the mages destroy them. I try timing my skills for the invulnerability frames, but when they stagger their attacks there's not a lot I can do. :/

I only managed to clear it once with no deaths due to luck. It just seems so impossible to keep your team alive through Wave 4. My Ricardt is usually the first to die. I haven't managed to clear the Challenge Battle since though. It really lives up to the name "Season's Beatings".

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to survive with everyone alive in the end with both my accounts on the challenge, no before getting angry with the AI lol I can clear consistently on both but if everyone lives more points on the end :/ With the facility power going up probably will be easier for them to survive

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I only managed to clear it once with no deaths due to luck. It just seems so impossible to keep your team alive through Wave 4. My Ricardt is usually the first to die. I haven't managed to clear the Challenge Battle since though. It really lives up to the name "Season's Beatings".

Same crap as before with the AOE traps, can they literally not think of anything else for these challenges?

People are also upset with how Brun turned out, hopefully people have enough sense to roast Cygames over an open feedback system and not make excuses or put up with this nonsense. Tis the season after all.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Same crap as before with the AOE traps, can they literally not think of anything else for these challenges?

People are also upset with how Brun turned out, hopefully people have enough sense to roast Cygames over an open feedback system and not make excuses or put up with this nonsense. Tis the season after all.

Regarding High Brunhilda, people didn't roast them over HMS and that one can't be cleared by huge majority of the playerbase either.
I think the bigger problem is lack of midgame content rather than high dragon trial only clearable by having specific adventurer/dragon setup.

May 1, 2018
Sorry, but F2P does not mean assuming that players have characters that you need to roll using the PREMIUM CURRENCY to even have a chance of getting. No idea how you got the definition so twisted.
I like how you're calling my definition twisted when you're shouting that wyrmite and vouchers are premium currency.

And to be frank. I don't care if a F2P player needs some measure of luck to do the current hardest content in the game. It'll inevitably become more achievable and it's not something worth getting upset over. Getting the luck to beat one High Dragon lets you equip that dragon to beat another.

Whatever. It's not like I understand why people get upset about things they literally can't control in a video game anyway. Why even play gacha...

Last edited:

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
The story segment music is getting on my nerves, it's so short and repetitive i ended up putting the last segment on mute.

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
uhhh is anyone else's game freaking out?
tried opening the app for the first time in a few hours, and im in a constant cycle of "new data is available" -> title screen -> black screen -> "new data is available" -> etc.

EDIT: not it actually is doing a download but sends me back through the loop...

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
RIP I was lazy and didn't get my fortune/dragon dailies (all that ornament farming actually drained my energy so I chipped away at the other things during the night), especially as I'd get distracted after tying to join rooms, and I was gonna quickly get them now and

game keeps telling me there's new data, forever, cleared my cache and still have to deal with it so now I'll also have to wait for a download after... shit

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...I got my 3rd copy of Vody, who I didn't have this showcase.

I can't exactly complain, that's probably more useful than the limited 4*s, but...

EDIT: oh, and I did get back in with enough time for the dailies; I just skipped standard dragons, though

Last edited:

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
You're missing the point. It's proportionally much, MUCH rarer for any one party to hit 0:00 and timeout than it is to either wipe or kill the boss prior.

Regardless of how well a group of people know the fight or not, mistakes tend to be made and the most reliable way to increase the percentage of stable attempts is to reduce the amount of time spent on an attempt, i.e. killing the boss faster, i.e. coming back to the same core problem of gacha being one of the core factors of whether someone can clear the fight or not.

What you're suggesting, lengthening the timers, runs along the opposite in that longer attempts simply mean an ever growing chance at someone or another making fatal mistakes along the way during any single given attempt.

Incidentally "how well players know the fight and react" also naturally leads to shorter attempts.

Not the original person you are replying to, but I don't see how lengthening the timers can hurt assuming everything else (enemy HP, etc remains the same). I agree in that shorter fights means less chance for screwups which impede the success of hunts. However, the gating of fights behind short timers means there is always a dps check to see if you can clear a fight. It means that a group of players no matter how skilled, can fail to kill a boss even if they successfully did the mechanics simply because their damage wasn't high enough. It also means that it most likely won't be possible for a team to go slow (taking HP dragons for instance) for a clear that takes longer but is more forgiving of mistakes.

In Monster Hunter, people can hunt without any armor. It takes a lot of skill, but it can be done with just a good weapon. Less skilled people can opt for a more defensive skill set. Sure their hunts may take 30 mins instead of 10, but at least the timer is generous enough to let them succeed. In DL, the super short timers work against that. When i was starting out, Dark IO was prone to timing out if you had a bunch of Lucas and a Hildegarde. Everyone was probably full HP at the end too, its just that bows kind of suck at dps then.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Right, it can't hurt, and it'd undoubtedly make for some cool trick runs, but my point was in context of addressing the core problem with gacha games - that a lot of the progression is very much tied to gacha luck and wallet sizes, and that holds true regardless of how much longer the fight would last. That a longer fight would get significantly more people over the line* for High Dragons is in my opinion a very, very idealistic but unrealistic red herring vs giving players more options to progress their power level other than the gacha.

I guess it's indirectly a rant about how bizarrely slanted towards whaling the endgame is compared to other Cygames games. While you do see accounts in Granblue sporting every single limited under the sun and full Grand weapon grids, you can get by with a lot less and be incredibly competitive with endgame spending on nothing but surprise tickets, which is similar to a modest MMO subscription. (hey those still exist, right?)

I get the game is still relatively young, but I can't help but continue to feel like there's a huge set of progression features between High Dragons and the next step down that's either missing or been inexplicably delayed. GaaS retention typically relies very, very heavily on a sense of progression for retention, so if High Dragons are a wall that can only be gotten over by lucking dragons and then sunstoning them as the cheapest option, the vast majority of people's remaining options are to basically sit strengthening their characters to... run content that becomes increasingly too easy faster and faster. In other words, the game continues to lack meaningful ways for players to advance their characters that doesn't involve the gacha, and this comes off a little sour.

This then leaves the sole retention hook on the strength of events and core gameplay loop, which honestly in the grand scheme of things... aren't SUPER spectacular either.

The promised bridging content from the first producer letter hasn't been mentioned again since. I think THAT's what people should be concerned and sending feedback on, not getting mad about an endgame dragon that was deliberately tuned to keep that insanely forefront crowd busy for a while.

Sorry, this turned into a diatribe only loosely related with the reply chain, hahah.

*When they announced 8200 people have cleared HMid, that's a soberingly low number between 1-4% of the entire playerbase (I haven't kept up with exact download count)

edit1: fixed number typo

edit2: Actually, considering how much the endgame for Dragalia seems to base itself around MMO mechanics and precedents, maybe doing away with the timer and just having an natural berserk mode in the moveset (which SHOULD intentionally wipe parties as a gearcheck, but is a soft-cap rather than a hard one) would be a little less abrasive than seeing a clinical-looking set of numbers count down to zero followed by "TIMES UP".

Last edited:

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
Cygames really does need to give us something new for daily content, I'll certainly agree with that. I have no doubt they'll eventually give us some kind of challenge fights against the other royal heirs, dragon shapeshifting and soldier reinforcements included, but it might take several story chapters for that to make sense. Even some kind of randomized dungeon with mixed elements and strong enemies would be a nice change of pace.

Oct 27, 2017
oh boy, spent 20k wyrymite yesterday and didn't get Cleo, it was a crushing experience and I had lost hope of getting her. Today I do a random single pull and get her .... what an experience. With that all the wyrymite I saved is gone, gonna need to start saving again and hope we don't get another limited banner soon ( probably will for new year's eve, will probably be awesome too)

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Hit the small milestone of 40K Wyrmite on my F2P no pulls account. Couldn't hit exactly 40K because the co-op wyrmite was in batches of 150 >>

This is also the team I plan to work on the event with. I don't feel like attempting the challenge battle until I at least haves a lvl 20 facility. Unlike the last event, I feel less able to do it since Mercury is a pure water dragon, but I've yet to give it a try so I may just be overthinking it. Haven't really decided if I wanna control Elissane or Celery, they're both solid.

In terms of HMS prep, finally got my Halidom and blacksmith to the point where I can craft 5* elemental weapons, just need to get the rest of the resources. I'm only missing Granite and red insignias now. I also fully leveled Pele, so I just need the weapon and to wait for a fire facility event before my Euden can be considered 100% HMS viable, which is exciting

For my main account, with most whales working on Brunhilda or already finished HMS, and the newer folk working on the event, as well as waiting the 2nd day as opposed to at weekly reset, the pool of folk pugging HMS seemed a lot smaller today. Got re-matched with several folk, and I literally had 3 back-to-back attempts with 3 Mikoto's, in which no other adventurers aside from Verica's joined the party. Needless to say, I probably had over 10 HMS attempts today with 3 Mikoto's, 2 of which succeeded.

Weekly HMS PUG Clears

Team makeup was 3 Mikoto's. I think this was the 3rd try with 3 Mikoto's. My biggest issue with this team makeup is that no one really decides to be the spitball baiter most of the time, which can easily lead to a lot of lost DPS and even deaths as all 3 Mikoto's are rolling like madmen during that phase, not doing DPS, trying to preemptively dodge spitballs since no one is baiting them. As least with Vanessa, she'll generally take the baiting duty in pugs if she knows what she's doing. This run had a Mikoto who very noticeably made sure to bait, specifically getting closer to the boss to make him shoot his spitballs toward the wall and away from everyone else.

Team makeup was an Ezelith, a Sinoa with Phoenix, and a Mikoto. You know, I think Phoenix Sinoa might be legit, if everyone knows what they're doing. The Ezelith and Mikoto weren't super highly geared, and we finished with a decent amount of time to spare. The fact that Sinoa provides extra skill damage from co-ability, some potential survivability with defense and HP ups, and most importantly a LOT of bonus DPS with her 2 potentially buffs, especially crit rate up, means she can potentially offset her lack of individual DPS. However, I don't know how easy it would be to find rooms with randoms, since I'm a pretty laidback host compared to most.

Team makeup was 3 Mikoto's again. Not much to say, it was just a solid run similar to the first clear.

In terms of Brunhilda prep, I'm probably going to daily chest skip ticket Expert Water IO for blue insignias for Thaniel's 4* Water staff. I have a team that can auto Master Fire IO for the Wyrmprint, and I'll use getherwings for Master Light IO to finish upgrading my staff dojo's. Literally one level away from having 30/30 staff dojo's. I'm gonna hold off on using stones on Poseidon until I finish everything else, since there's a small chance I roll another Poseidon before then, wasting a stone more or less.

On the topic of bridging the gap between Master IO and HMS, I have hopes that the datamined kaleidoscope maze image has something to do with a mode that unlocks from beating Chapter 7, similar to how beating Chapter 6 unlocked Onslaughts. Maybe it'll even give facilities similar to how IO gives dojo's. That's just speculation on my part, but it would explain why there's been no official mention of this kaleidoscope maze thing yet or of any content past Master Fortune and Power that'll further help bridge the gap. Of course, if you wanna be pessimistic, maybe Master Fortune/Power is the only stuff they meant when they talked about helping bridge the gap, but I guess we'll see when Chapter 7 actually comes out.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
*When they announced 28000 people have cleared HMid, that's a soberingly low number between 1-4% of the entire playerbase (I haven't kept up with exact download count)

Only 8200 have cleared HMS.
People shouldn't be surprised at High Brunhilda.
HMS is already quite impossible for those who don't have 5* Fire Dragon, Mikoto or Verica.
The way I see, this high dragon fight is aimed at those who whale or have very specific setup.
Cygames really need to expedite rolling out midgame content for F2P.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I managed to clear all of the achievements as well as get the title on the extra boss. Once I learned how best to clear the wave with all of the mages (hint - having a dragon with a wide AOE helps a lot) and managed to reach the final wave with all of my allies alive (and a Friend Lily's abilities all available) it was extremely simple. The boss itself is a joke, it's just getting there that can be tricky.

Nice to have it done at least, and my building is only at Level 21.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Only 8200 have cleared HMS.
People shouldn't be surprised at High Brunhilda.
HMS is already quite impossible for those who don't have 5* Fire Dragon, Mikoto or Verica.
The way I see, this high dragon fight is aimed at those who whale or have very specific setup.
Cygames really need to expedite rolling out midgame content for F2P.

Lol 8200 isn't even that close to 1%, thats not even worth announcing. WTF are they on in that studio?

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Cygames really does need to give us something new for daily content, I'll certainly agree with that. I have no doubt they'll eventually give us some kind of challenge fights against the other royal heirs, dragon shapeshifting and soldier reinforcements included, but it might take several story chapters for that to make sense. Even some kind of randomized dungeon with mixed elements and strong enemies would be a nice change of pace.
Ding ding ding. The game needs randomized content. Whether this is loot, randomized dungeons, a random prefix system (males take 25% more damage, status effects deal triple damage, wands deal 50% more damage but take 50% more damage this day, etc) to stages...it needs something.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Current aquasquad is Lily, Elisanne, Orsem, and Celliera, but I just pulled water Nefaria. Should I swap anyone out or just keep my current crew?

Oct 25, 2017
*When they announced 8200 people have cleared HMid, that's a soberingly low number between 1-4% of the entire playerbase (I haven't kept up with exact download count)
is it really? i thought whenever they gave stats for the endgame content in gbf even just character building it was always a considerably low number even with 20mln accounts. I dont think most players especially with the high amount of people who checked dragalia out just because it has *nintendo seal of approval* are really going all out to be at the upper echelon of DL.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
is it really? i thought whenever they gave stats for the endgame content in gbf even just character building it was always a considerably low number even with 20mln accounts. I dont think most players especially with the high amount of people who checked dragalia out just because it has *nintendo seal of approval* are really going all out to be at the upper echelon of DL.

The problem is that because they're still lacking that midgame content still, I feel like there's nothing to aim for but high dragons? There's clearing events (which is my main focus; if I played way more aggressively I'd have been prepared to do HMS much sooner) but those don't require that much on a resources side; that's more luck for what units/dragons you have, as always. Like at some point you don't need more than 4.3.0 weapons for anything else than high dragons, and you don't need to upgrade buildings for anything else, so what are you aiming for but not that? You can upgrade your good elements' altars because that's reasonable enough and farming ruins is easily doable on auto, but once those altars are maxed, there's only dojos, and the sheer amount of IO you have to run for those is very daunting even as someone who's pretty invested. And because it pretty much requires co-op for most people (and even if you can auto it, it's probably not in every element) so that's a timesink too.

And if they're 1. going to take a long time to get each high dragon out and 2. going to make both harder and more restrictive than the last, than anyone who only has good characters of one of the later elements is kinda fucked if they have to wait for that and can still barely compete once it finally does come out? So I can see this being a pretty big obstacle for players who want to be a little more than casual but not extremely hardcore. Especially as the events are just... the same two things over and over, basically, and though I generally like the facility event type (I need to start seriously doing this challenge battle today) that's going to feel repetitive fast.

I don't really play any other mobile games/MMOs so I'm talking out of my ass here, but... they need midgame content, but I feel like more importantly they need something for players to aim for in a manageable way? I think part of that is the more literal aspect of the problem: because we don't have a lot of things to pick from, all resources have to come from doing those few things. If there was more to do, there'd maybe the problem of "now I can't get multiple things I need at once" but you'd at least have more diversity in what you're doing. And then you can add other goals than just running IO forever so that you can run HMS forever. I feel like something like the emblem rewards but for permanent content could be neat too, but maybe even just more buildings would be enough... but then you get into the problem of what they'd even be needed for content-wise. I think immediate resources are at least more appealing to players?

I just reallllly hope that maze event, whenever it finally runs, turns out well. It's a good chance to do cool things but who knows if they'll do them and I don't want to build up too much hope for that. IIRC the data we have for that mentioned weapons from it so... I think that could get people excited, but...

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The problem is that because they're still lacking that midgame content still, I feel like there's nothing to aim for but high dragons? There's clearing events (which is my main focus; if I played way more aggressively I'd have been prepared to do HMS much sooner) but those don't require that much on a resources side; that's more luck for what units/dragons you have, as always. Like at some point you don't need more than 4.3.0 weapons for anything else than high dragons, and you don't need to upgrade buildings for anything else, so what are you aiming for but not that? You can upgrade your good elements' altars because that's reasonable enough and farming ruins is easily doable on auto, but once those altars are maxed, there's only dojos, and the sheer amount of IO you have to run for those is very daunting even as someone who's pretty invested. And because it pretty much requires co-op for most people (and even if you can auto it, it's probably not in every element) so that's a timesink too.

And if they're 1. going to take a long time to get each high dragon out and 2. going to make both harder and more restrictive than the last, than anyone who only has good characters of one of the later elements is kinda fucked if they have to wait for that and can still barely compete once it finally does come out? So I can see this being a pretty big obstacle for players who want to be a little more than casual but not extremely hardcore. Especially as the events are just... the same two things over and over, basically, and though I generally like the facility event type (I need to start seriously doing this challenge battle today) that's going to feel repetitive fast.

I don't really play any other mobile games/MMOs so I'm talking out of my ass here, but... they need midgame content, but I feel like more importantly they need something for players to aim for in a manageable way? I think part of that is the more literal aspect of the problem: because we don't have a lot of things to pick from, all resources have to come from doing those few things. If there was more to do, there'd maybe the problem of "now I can't get multiple things I need at once" but you'd at least have more diversity in what you're doing. And then you can add other goals than just running IO forever so that you can run HMS forever. I feel like something like the emblem rewards but for permanent content could be neat too, but maybe even just more buildings would be enough... but then you get into the problem of what they'd even be needed for content-wise. I think immediate resources are at least more appealing to players?

I just reallllly hope that maze event, whenever it finally runs, turns out well. It's a good chance to do cool things but who knows if they'll do them and I don't want to build up too much hope for that. IIRC the data we have for that mentioned weapons from it so... I think that could get people excited, but...

I think at the moment they are just not sure what reward to give for midgame content.
The power difference between dragon are already not big between free 5* and gacha 4*, and I doubt they can give something stronger than gacha 4* MUB without making it close to HMS level.
WP is pretty much useless since you need a specific one for endgame content.
Adventurer has few differences between rarity and is their main monetization.
The only other thing midgame content can give us at the moment is faster material grinding, which I'm not sure is sustainable in the long term, since gear progression beyond elemental 5* is negligible for the effort required.
They probably need to add new gameplay element, but need to carefully consider the balance of that.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the bump from master to high dragons is too big, they really needed the intermediary content.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Character building (Eternals, EX classes, Arcarum, etc) is a bizarre analogy to make considering it's literally the kind of missing non-gacha content that would solve a lot of Dragalia's current brickwall issues. Yeah, sure, maybe 0.5% or whatever have X number of Eternals made, but it gives a target for players of all spending levels something to work towards to, rather than sit on your hands and hope the gacha shits out some half naked dragons.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I think they need to introduce a new equipment slot for like a Dragon Idol or something. Equipment that can be obtained or upgraded through some mid level content and give various stat buffs like Wind Resistance +20% and some HP and Power or something.

It's something that wouldn't really upset balance too much but would bridge the gap between low and high level content, while also giving something to work towards other than Wyrmprints during events

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
72 seconds now.
Minute clear is definitely within reach. Yuletree is only 17 right now, Water ones are like 19, Dagger is like 5.

Wonder if 30 second is possible.
If I could get everything done, seems like it could happen.

Oct 25, 2017
Character building (Eternals, EX classes, Arcarum, etc) is a bizarre analogy to make considering it's literally the kind of missing non-gacha content that would solve a lot of Dragalia's current brickwall issues. Yeah, sure, maybe 0.5% or whatever have X number of Eternals made, but it gives a target for players of all spending levels something to work towards to, rather than sit on your hands and hope the gacha shits out some half naked dragons.
I just dont see how targeting beating a dragon that gives rewards that are really meaningful, a target for most people, which probably explains why so few people have even made it at that point. Unless I missed something with weapon building or theres a hidden 6th level for mana circles, there doesnt seem to be anything that the high tier dragons gives that is needed for either character or weapon building, so why bother?

Only thing Id wanted was master level added to everything, some tier above the regular dragons and IO, and perhaps more weapons. Felt like doing a weapon tree based thing kind of limited the game

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Logged in, saw I got a free 5* ticket. Used it. It was a dupe of Ezelith, the only 5* I have had since launch.

Deleted the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.