• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
I just work around the problem making break Shishimaru, spamming fs on the main body, before the bar on the second chest is depleted. With 4 players usually I'm successful on expert and special.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to burn that last ten pull ticket and got Marishiten.

Surely my luck is now shit for the next two banners. Also, I forget, does it make more sense to equip the strongest dragons I have on any given hero regardless of element, or should I try and equip like-elemented heroes with dragons?

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Decided to burn that last ten pull ticket and got Marishiten.

Surely my luck is now shit for the next two banners. Also, I forget, does it make more sense to equip the strongest dragons I have on any given hero regardless of element, or should I try and equip like-elemented heroes with dragons?
You definitely want to match element on adventurer and dragon. The stat buff that comes with it is huge, way more significant than just having a dragon that is high level.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Finally MUB'd HMS this week.

KpVCgMR.jpg

I'm apparently really bad at keeping track of when I first started clearing HMS. I wanna say I've been doing it for about 6-7 weeks? So about 2-2.5 copies of HMS from weekly chests (with the weekly double rewards buff). I literally just PUG'd my way to MUB since even with the Discord's, it's not like Verica's are in short supply. I also feel with my maxed out Verica, I'd have an easier time doing PUGs compared to other Verica's anyway. I think outside one or two Clears, I've always hosted my games. My favorite PUG Clear was easily the one with both Melsa and Alain, a welfare character and a 3* perceived as one of the worst.

I don't actually need HMS considering I have a Garuda for my Lowen whenever High Mercury comes out, but I personally find HMS to be a fun fight. Still can't dedicate a lot of time to learning HBH, so I'll still be doing HMS to work on the statue. Also so I don't get too out of practice for when I gotta do the HMS grind on my F2P no pulls alt.

Oct 25, 2017
Its strange, I still love this game and have and will continue to put more hours in but...havin a bit more fun in other Gachas; FGO and Kings Raid especially. This game almost seems...simple.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
It's important to remember both King's Raid and GFO have been out for years, so they just inherently have more content compared to DL at this point in time. On top of that, most gacha games are first released in their home territory before rolling out a western/global/international version, which lets them either have more content during its global launch or have an accelerated content rollout.

DL hasn't even been out for 6 months yet, and we still still need a raid/facility event for every element.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Dragalia lost lacks the content between master iOS and high dragons, the players know it and the devs know it.

Oct 26, 2017
It also doesn't help that they go nearly radio silent for 7-10 days at a time. I would love to get Part 2 of what's to come very soon.

Oct 25, 2017
It's important to remember both King's Raid and GFO have been out for years, so they just inherently have more content compared to DL at this point in time. On top of that, most gacha games are first released in their home territory before rolling out a western/global/international version, which lets them either have more content during its global launch or have an accelerated content rollout.

DL hasn't even been out for 6 months yet, and we still still need a raid/facility event for every element.

Wow those are all really good points I didnt event think of. Its so polished and so slick I forget its basically a toddler of Gacha games!

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
Just got my first golden fragment of the event... I was convinced it didn't exist. Are the drops the same for everyone? Cuz 2 people left right at the end... So I'm guessing not.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, even if it means it can be a little messy, I'm happy to be playing something that's rolling out internationally (at least when it's from an experienced developer). From what I've seen of the outside of other games, being months or even years behind on stuff can be really weird, if you don't know what they might change and/or you're stuck with things they fixed later for a reason.

It's much more interesting to me to see things as they develop and how the community reacts to it. I've been kinda active on Reddit of all things thanks to that, since I do like interacting with the community, for better or worse.

Hopefully we get part 2 at this reset, if not the next one. It was nice to announce it was coming but a little weird to not... just already have it there? Though I guess if you just want to throw something up there while people are on vacation... it makes sense to me. And with the banner ending at the same time as the event, it would make sense to have another padding banner during which the next event or so is announced, hmm.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
Its strange, I still love this game and have and will continue to put more hours in but...havin a bit more fun in other Gachas; FGO and Kings Raid especially. This game almost seems...simple.

I've come to the realization that this is basically a good clicker game for me. I mostly just run everything in Auto mode and watch the numbers go up over time. (This is a good thing for me...)

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
lmao. Glad I decided to save my wyrmite. Obviously still a low chance, but I'm willing to pull. Guess this is how Mym will be released at some point too.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sarisse may have 100% Sleep and Stun Resist, but I wouldn't be able to pull anyway, being 100% broke in Wyrmite :(

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I guess this means most of us will likely stop pulling outside of gala events, similar to how things are in GBF. The rate-up's are worth the wait, and it's accompanied by being able to pull for characters exclusive to that gala. I guess if you REALLY want an event/limited character you can still pull, but if GBF are anything to go by, these gala characters are going to be the ones you really want.

I didn't expect such a thing so soon. I wonder how long it'll be for a "sparking" system. Six months or so, I'd estimate, maybe to coincide with the first anniversary.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
So do Gala adventurers not get a rate up compared to other adventurers? If so, then yeah. I definitely imagine they're rare as hell.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Good thing I waited before trying to chase Ieyasu.

A ranged 5* with stun resist is going to make hmid a lot easier.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't think they were going to start doing legfest this early in the game's life, yet here we are.

Ieyasu might be added back to the pool later in the year in the same manner. Now I feel silly for rolling so hard for him.

So do Gala adventurers not get a rate up compared to other adventurers? If so, then yeah. I definitely imagine they're rare as hell.

In Granblue they'd usually give the focus unit a rate up while the remaining gala limiteds get minor bumps to their rate. Will probably work similarly here.

Last edited:

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
Wow, after using more or less all of my wyrmite and all of the 10 pull tickets we've gotten in the past 2 weeks, I got Ieyasu... On my last 30 diamantium for the daily deal. I was internally screaming for ANYTHING besides a 3rd Happy New Year print.

Especially after seeing that Galas are added to g this game, this certainly saved my sanity... From here on out I'm going to save for these, though. I don't mind missing out on Sarisse.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Well damn I wish I hadn't done those extra pulls for the new years Dragon, I want Sarisse :(

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

Thats pretty cool - didnt expect Fests this early.
Def. the spot where to pull from now on outside of Dailies.

Wouldnt mind getting her since Verica/Euden is the only good fire units i have right now.
Wow, after using more or less all of my wyrmite and all of the 10 pull tickets we've gotten in the past 2 weeks, I got Ieyasu... On my last 30 diamantium for the daily deal. I was internally screaming for ANYTHING besides a 3rd Happy New Year print.

Especially after seeing that Galas are added to g this game, this certainly saved my sanity... From here on out I'm going to save for these, though. I don't mind missing out on Sarisse.
Awesome, congrats on getting him at the end...he is amazing.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Sarisse looks cool, was hoping she would be playable after Melsa event & the story. I was expecting a light archer from her colour scheme but I guess they would want to so completely overshadow Lucas. Too bad I am just about to finish Mikoto's 5* Fire weapon for HMS, so if I actually get her, I'll just be using her for fun

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
No 5* hero dropped. But my wind team finally got a 5* summon. But this banner was a bust for me. My dark team still only has a 5* bowman...sigh.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll straight away go once a month for drafes, or do it once every 3 month like deresute's cinfes for a while

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I decided not to use any of my tickets or wyrmite after I got lucky in getting Ieyasu and one of his retainers. Now I've got a great stock of them for rolling tomorrow.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
14 single pull tickets, 6890 diamantium, 3500 wyrmite, and 2 ten pull tickets.

I suppose this banner is the one I should pull on '-'

Just need Mikoto, Lucretia, Nefaria, H!Elly, Vanessa, Karina, Verica, and C!Xander for full completion. Not gonna get the seasonals, I'm sure, but this is a good time for the others if 4* rate is also increased a little.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
I'l be able to squeeze in a tenfold by tomorrow. Reeeaaallllyy hoping they give us a ticket or give us some other way to get some fast wyrmite in the next 5 days but I'm not counting on it. Kicking myself for going for one last tenfold yesterday :/ I wanted the banner dragon so bad :sobbing:

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I will definitely be waiting until the last day of Gala to decide if I want to pull or not. Hopefully we know what the banner after is by then.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't end up using any of the free 3 10 tickets when I got pity rate up last night, so that ended up being a good idea I guess.

I dunno if it's worth going too hard on this as I already pulled a bit more than usual during this banner, hmm. I'll probably do rate up w/ singles followed by at least 2 of those. But we'll see, I've got a lot of wyrmite, so...

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, dunno if it's even worth it for me considering I have a good fire team in both adventurers and dragons. Wouldn't have been a question for any other element.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense, though. She needs to be useable with Melsa.

I'm not even so wild about her specifically but the rating up in general seems good. Might wait till the end to pull, though, yeah. Can use daily discounts to lead into those single tickets and use what the next banner is to judge how much to pull? Hmm.

Oct 26, 2017
They said in the announcement there were Gala versions of adventures, plural, so I'm excited to see if there are some 4* and 3* gala adventurers.

Also hopeful that Sarisse will make pub attempts at HMS easier in the future.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Sarisse will probably be the only new character on the banner.

What other people mean when they call the Gala a 'fest' banner is that Granblue Fantasy has banners called Premium Galas/Legend Festivals ("legfests") that have increased rate for 5*s (in GBF's case, SSRs) and feature characters limited to these Gala banners. The characters limited to the Gala banners are related to the story mode and also include the Zodiac characters. (although in this case we just have Ieyasu/Marishiten, so I don't think they'll be in this Gala) This even includes the equivalent to 5* versions of story characters with different move sets. So think of there being a 5* version of Ranzal but he had different skills and abilities while keeping his element and weapon.

These 'legfests' come up once a month in GBF, though I don't think we'll necessarily get them that frequently this early into Dragalia's life. All the limited characters remain on the Gala banner, so Sarisse should remain in the Gala Dragalia whenever it comes back around. This banner, or banners like it, will likely be the avenue for us getting things like playable versions of Euden's older siblings, or things like a possible playable Mym.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
This banner was such a bust for me. Spent so much currency and no leyasu or the 5* dragon. Feels real bad...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I think Legfest came out once every two months when it was originally introduced in Granblue. Despite being limited, they come back regularly, so if you don't have the currency to pull for a Gala adventurer right now, you can pull for them again a lot sooner than usual limited banners that could take a year to come back.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was able to get dragon finally in this banner, got every character, the wrymprints that mattered (not new years thank god). I hope everyone who didnt get what they want will be able to get what they want from the next banner.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Spent a little bit more on this banner just to try for Ieyasu before it ends. Not interested in this coming banner honestly. We needed content, not this.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
In regards to HMS prep on my F2P no pulls account, I've thought about it and feel it's probably best that I max out everything for Euden (max mana circle, lvl 30 dojo's, maybe even manually build more 5*T3 swords to eventually MUB it). My goal is to PUB my way to max unbound HMS just like I did with Verica on my main, and having the strongest possible Euden I can make will widen the pool of potential people who'd be willing to take me. While I could probably find Discord groups, I want to see what the experience is like for most folks, which is especially relevant since many people are probably on the cusp of HMS similar to my F2P account's progress.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. Got a Damascus crystal. I only have about 1000 gold emblems so I haven't even played this event too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.