• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
My rooms have been filled with nothing but whales for a while now. Very rarely am I grouped non-stacked Ieyasu units (including Marishi).

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Just a heads up that the free 5* voucher the director gave to everyone back in Mid-December, its cutoff date has been extended so anyone who plays the game up until Jan. 28th gets one. Good time for new folks, alt account's, or re-rolls, especially with 7-day login bonus with 3 tenfolds lasting until the 24th.

Source

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Limited after limited after limited :'(

Are Gala characters supposed to be generally better than others like Legendaries in FEH
Yeah, they're akin to those. Characters with much higher stats and usability, just look at Sarisse's double resist talents. It's why people such as me only pull on "gala" type banner when they're offered, outside of the random holiday-themed one if you really want a particular character. Higher rates for top-rarity pulls and access to exclusive/powerful characters, it's an easy decision to make.

Sarisse isn't truly limited though, as (judging from gala type events in other games, such as GBF) she'll return every time there's a gala banner in DL, along with whoever is new/added. More will just be added to the pool over time.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Most legfes characters in granblue aren't great now (they're weapons otoh can be good). Now flashfes otoh.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I can't be the only one who is completely underwhelmed here.

I don't gun for high dragons (they're pure whale bait and High Brunhilda made it exceptionally clear that they're ONLY meant to be whale bait) and thus have zero incentive to roll for it mechanically, and I don't like any of the main story cast's designs, so hard pass from me there.

I'm much more interested in seeing how they address the game's mechanical issues than I am in seeing yet more variations of characters I really couldn't give fewer shits about.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
As if we needed more proof after the Kindness and Captivity event, you just know Sarisse will be playable soon.

Two weeks later, huh? Wasn't expecting it to be that soon!

Not sure I can resist this. Might be the most tempting banner for me yet.

If I happen to get her on my first tenfold summon, I'll use up all the luck I've been having summoning featured 4☆ adventurers on my first tenfold summons...

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the routine is getting a little stale. I wonder if they plan on adding PVP or another PvE spaces outside of Events and the odd story update.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
They still need to do two more facilities(fire and dark) and one more raid(water) first and then we'll probably see something different.

I guess the routine is getting a little stale. I wonder if they plan on adding PVP or another PvE spaces outside of Events and the odd story update.
PvP is the kind of thing that the average person will say they want before realizing that it's whale paradise.

Oct 25, 2017
They still need to do two more facilities(fire and dark) and one more raid(water) first and then we'll probably see something different.

PvP is the kind of thing that the average person will say they want before realizing that it's whale paradise.

How dare you insult me and my whales.

And I will admit, the facility aspect and Castle management is amazingly addictive

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This late into the goddamn event and people still aren't breaking the fucking gift box no matter how many times you tell them to target it.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
33 10 pulls no Ieyasu.
Alright, no more money on this game.
reaction.gif

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I just noticed. Have we gotten news as to whether we'll be getting the customary ten-fold voucher for the new banner? Normally they're sent to gift boxes by now, but nothing yet. I'm guessing we won't be getting one this time, since it's not technically a new event?

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I just noticed. Have we gotten news as to whether we'll be getting the customary ten-fold voucher for the new banner? Normally they're sent to gift boxes by now, but nothing yet. I'm guessing we won't be getting one this time, since it's not technically a new event?
They didn't do it for the dragon showcase either.

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
So I just started playing this. I'm in chapter 2 of the story right now, and I just pulled Ieyasu. No idea if he's good or not but he was on the event, so I'm pumped I got him.

But one question: this is my first gatcha game I've played longer than an hour or two. What should I be focusing on? Story progressing until stamina runs out is what I'm doing right now, as it feels like a lot of systems are still locked off for me. Am I right in that?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So I just started playing this. I'm in chapter 2 of the story right now, and I just pulled Ieyasu. No idea if he's good or not but he was on the event, so I'm pumped I got him.

But one question: this is my first gatcha game I've played longer than an hour or two. What should I be focusing on? Story progressing until stamina runs out is what I'm doing right now, as it feels like a lot of systems are still locked off for me. Am I right in that?
What Busaiku meant to say is "Congrats". He's in a dark place at the moment, haha. I can't say I blame him. :(

As for what to do, since you don't really have time to farm the current event, I'd just continue focusing on the story until the next one begins, leveling your characters/dragon/weapons/castle/etc. in the process. Since you're new, you might want to think about spending a few of your story wyrmite to pull on tonight's banner, as the rates will go up so it'll be easier to (hopefully) fill out your teams a little bit.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

Yeah, you get more systems and content the further in the story you go. If you hit a bit of a wall (usually somewhere around Ch. 5-6), that's a good time to play on some of the daily event maps like Avenue to Fortune/Power to help upgrade yourself. Keep in mind your wings cap out at 99, so you wanna try to make sure you don't lose any from hitting the max through level ups; I recommend co-oping the daily event maps.

Last edited:

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
Sorry Busaiku, I just read the previous posts and that is brutal :( didn't mean to boast about lucking into something like that

Thanks for the tips everyone! I just had to look up what 4 of those terms meant, but I think I'm on track now. I'll spend some wrymite and fill stuff out a bit, then keep going in the story. I had no idea there was a currency to do co-op stuff.

This whole thing is very confusing, but it's been a pretty fun distraction while on break from work (and a nice way to not check Twitter as much as I usually do).

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry Busaiku, I just read the previous posts and that is brutal :( didn't mean to boast about lucking into something like that

Thanks for the tips everyone! I just had to look up what 4 of those terms meant, but I think I'm on track now. I'll spend some wrymite and fill stuff out a bit, then keep going in the story. I had no idea there was a currency to do co-op stuff.

This whole thing is very confusing, but it's been a pretty fun distraction while on break from work (and a nice way to not check Twitter as much as I usually do).

All that matters is that you get Orsem now

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
My god. It costs $30 to get enough for a 10 pull? Jesus. I've been taking that for granted, then. I feel like the game has been shelling out those ten pull tickets the few times I've come back to the game.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Yeah, it's really not recommended to buy pure diamantium, since there's a lot of one-time/weekly/monthly purchases that have much higher value, especially the endeavor packs and weekly $10 7-day pack. Even then, the game's pretty generous with free currency, though especially right now with the New Years login bonus.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Definitely interested in seeing how overall rate-ups will go. Some people in GranBlue save and only pull during LegFes because of that, maybe that'll also apply to DL.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Best of luck to everyone pulling ....I'll do 1-2 multi and hope to get something useful like Sinoa or a Green Dragon.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not getting the banner. When I got to the Summon section the screen just locks on the Louise banner. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.