• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
I'm very confused that they are doing another light facility event, I guess this somewhat explains how they plan to bring everyone's power level up to tackle end game content. We really need some new content though.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, got Sarisse. But, that was about 6x10-pulls, and 3x5* wormprints later. Equivalent trade, I guess?

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Second light facility is super confusing. I have to believe there's a plan here but I'm starting to have doubts as well.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
i am so mad that i pulled so much on the previous banner. I wanted the dragon so bad ;_; didn't even get him, and only had enough leftover wyrm for a single tenfold, which of course did not get me Sarisse. Doubt I can get enough for another pull, oh well.
I'm in the exact same boat. I got Ieyasu rather early but then just kept pulling hoping for the Dragon, and got nothing (until a dupe Ieyasu)

Only managed to do one 10 fold summon on this banner and got nothing from it. Really hoping I get Sarisse but it's my own fault for being shortsighted

Riley

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Used all my free tickets (10 singles, 3 tenfolds) and got mostly 3* adventurers dupes. Only notable pull was another Jeanne.. who is almost max unbound. Not sure if I want to pull anymore from this. lol

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The half-stamina IO is really good for leveling up your dojo's. Even just using excess skip tickets on Expert is good. I will definitely be able to get my sword dojo's to 24/24 quickly on my F2P no pulls account with this which is great.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
The rate up for Sarisse totally sucks! It might actually be worse than a normal banner.

Normal banners, you have a 0.5 percent chance of getting the rate up unit. Then if you whiff on a rainbow, every 10 rolls gets you a 0.5% increase in 5* rate of which 0.0625 goes to the rate up adventurer. So after 1 10 roll, Sarisse's rate is 0.5625%.

For the gala, its initially also 0.5 % chance of getting Sarisse. The pity rate also goes up by 0.5% each time, but now Sarisse gets only 0.04% of the boost! To keep it proportional most of the pity rate boost is going to non-featured adventurers, dragons and wrymprints. Plus due to the higher rates for everything, you are likely to get pity broken even earlier! So after 1 10 roll, Sarisse's rate is 0.54%.

In short, if you just want Sarisse, this is a bad thing. If you are ok with other 5* adventurers and dragons, its still okay.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The value of the Gala banners go up with the less 5*'s you have. It's terrible for someone who regularly tries to get the non-limited rate up 5*'s every banner, since you're much more likely to get dupes, but for someone who hoards their currencies throughout several banners or is relatively new and missed some of the initial banners, they have a really good likelihood of getting something decent from spending their wyrmite/tickets only on Gala banners.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
The rate up for Sarisse totally sucks! It might actually be worse than a normal banner.

Normal banners, you have a 0.5 percent chance of getting the rate up unit. Then if you whiff on a rainbow, every 10 rolls gets you a 0.5% increase in 5* rate of which 0.0625 goes to the rate up adventurer. So after 1 10 roll, Sarisse's rate is 0.5625%.

For the gala, its initially also 0.5 % chance of getting Sarisse. The pity rate also goes up by 0.5% each time, but now Sarisse gets only 0.04% of the boost! To keep it proportional most of the pity rate boost is going to non-featured adventurers, dragons and wrymprints. Plus due to the higher rates for everything, you are likely to get pity broken even earlier! So after 1 10 roll, Sarisse's rate is 0.54%.

In short, if you just want Sarisse, this is a bad thing. If you are ok with other 5* adventurers and dragons, its still okay.

Well at least it comes every two months.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
The value of the Gala banners go up with the less 5*'s you have. It's terrible for someone who regularly tries to get the non-limited rate up 5*'s every banner, since you're much more likely to get dupes, but for someone who hoards their currencies throughout several banners or is relatively new and missed some of the initial banners, they have a really good likelihood of getting something decent from spending their wyrmite/tickets only on Gala banners.

Its terrible if you want the rate-up unit period. if you did 10 rolls on Ieyasu banner, you are more likely to get Ieyasu, than if you did the same trying to get Sarisse. And people pull mostly for the rate up units.

I've stopped because of that, since I just want Sarisse. I did get Garuda and Cupid, which is nice since I was also lacking dragons (less so now), and also a dupe Mikoto (which may well be Sarisse if they did a regular rate up, okay probably not, but I can dream)

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
i am so mad that i pulled so much on the previous banner. I wanted the dragon so bad ;_; didn't even get him, and only had enough leftover wyrm for a single tenfold, which of course did not get me Sarisse. Doubt I can get enough for another pull, oh well.
Same boat for me. Didn't get Ieyasu or the dragon last banner and now barring some unforeseen generosity by them, my only tenfold on this one was a massive bust. A single 4* wyrmprint. Ahh well, such is life.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I just wish the IO discount was announced in advance and/or a bit later and/or every element every day so I could be more prepared. I need to aggressively upgrade specific dojos now to try to make each master auto-able, and I'm not sure I even have the materials before the later days let me farm those insignias. At least today I can just do wind still, but... hmm. I need to divide my honey as well.

The spreadsheets I've thankfully finally made/improved over the past few days helps my planning, but had I known it was going to happen ASAP... I would have maybe actually built up the motivation to work on the scheduler tool I'd been thinking about for a while. Even with a sudden burst of ideas for how to approach it earlier this week, I'd sorta given up on ever finding motivation to do it since being so close to the insignia wall causing idling wyrms made it less useful for me.

Joke's on me, I guess, since I need it now more than ever. So I guess I need to see how rapidly I can make some basic version of that tonight/tomorrow, since planning by hand is hard...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Its terrible if you want the rate-up unit period. if you did 10 rolls on Ieyasu banner, you are more likely to get Ieyasu, than if you did the same trying to get Sarisse. And people pull mostly for the rate up units.

I've stopped because of that, since I just want Sarisse. I did get Garuda and Cupid, which is nice since I was also lacking dragons (less so now), and also a dupe Mikoto (which may well be Sarisse if they did a regular rate up, okay probably not, but I can dream)

That's true, but unlike normal limited adventurers, Sarisse is coming back every 2 months. So even if someone doesn't get her this round, they can try again much sooner than the usual limited characters who seem to only be available once a year. In the course of a year, she'll have more rate-ups than any other adventurer.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
That's true, but unlike normal limited adventurers, Sarisse is coming back every 2 months. So even if someone doesn't get her this round, they can try again much sooner than the usual limited characters who seem to only be available once a year. In the course of a year, she'll have more rate-ups than any other adventurer.

Hopefully you are right. I'm not sure how it works in other games by Cygames, but there's also a chance that even if she's available, it won't be on rate up and just as a featured unit in the pool. We'll see in 2 months, I guess.

If it makes any sense, I care less about how often a unit gets a rate up vs how easy they are to get when they are on rate up. I would much rather a 0.75% starting Sarisse rate and pity rate acting as per normal, even if Sarisse is available only once a year. Why spend say 20k Wrymite across 2 banners for 1 unit when you can spend 15K on a single banner? I spent 15K on Halloween Elisanne and got nothing, so being on multiple banners at an even lower rate just means I have to spend even more if I really want the unit.

Plus its a Fes, which implies you are supposed to have better chances than usual of getting good stuff. So having the featured unit rate be lower than normal after taking into account the pity rate kind of sucks.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Hopefully you are right. I'm not sure how it works in other games by Cygames, but there's also a chance that even if she's available, it won't be on rate up and just as a featured unit in the pool. We'll see in 2 months, I guess.

If it makes any sense, I care less about how often a unit gets a rate up vs how easy they are to get when they are on rate up. I would much rather a 0.75% starting Sarisse rate and pity rate acting as per normal, even if Sarisse is available only once a year. Why spend say 20k Wrymite across 2 banners for 1 unit when you can spend 15K on a single banner? I spent 15K on Halloween Elisanne and got nothing, so being on multiple banners at an even lower rate just means I have to spend even more if I really want the unit.

Plus its a Fes, which implies you are supposed to have better chances than usual of getting good stuff. So having the featured unit rate be lower than normal after taking into account the pity rate kind of sucks.

Because you're much more likely to get many more 5*'s in your 20K for Sarisse than your 15K for H. Elisanne, which is more useful for someone who hoards Wyrmite. Without a specific focus dragon, you have a good chance of getting multiple new dragons if you didn't pull much during their respective rate-ups, and the overall increase to general 5*'s means you're more encouraged to pull even after you get Sarisse if you just want to get more general 5* adventurers or dragons.

I agree it sucks that the rate-up isn't boosted, especially since Wyrmprints got such a high boost, but there's a reason many people in GranBlue ONLY pull during Galas. It just has a better inherent general value proposition compared to every other banner we've had so far in terms of 5* pull rates.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Let me just post my list. I spent 19500 wyrmite, 1 Tenpull, 1 daily and 20 single tickets. I got Sarisse on the last 10 pull.

New 4* and 5* stuff I got:

Adventurers:
- Gala Sarisse
- Musashi
- Pia
- Berserker
- 3 Xainfried Dupes

Dragons:
- 2x Jeanne
- Poseisdon
- 2x Agnis
- Cupid
- Garuda
- Quite a few 4* to MUB or near MUB some dragons

Wyrmprints:
- Resounding Rendition
- 2x Tough Love
- Kicking Back
- Sisters of the Anvil
- Armorer's Aspiration
- Braving the Unknown
- Promises in the Rain
- And again quite a few 3* and 4* to MUB or near MUB some

I also got 1 more 4* Wyrmprint. All of this gave me 20k Eldwater from hero dupes, 4150 from dragons, 3800 from wyrmrprint and I still have one 4* dragon dupe I could sell.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Let me just post my list. I spent 19500 wyrmite, 1 Tenpull, 1 daily and 20 single tickets. I got Sarisse on the last 10 pull.

New 4* and 5* stuff I got:

Adventurers:
- Gala Sarisse
- Musashi
- Pia
- Berserker
- 3 Xainfried Dupes

Dragons:
- 2x Jeanne
- Poseisdon
- 2x Agnis
- Cupid
- Garuda
- Quite a few 4* to MUB or near MUB some dragons

Wyrmprints:
- Resounding Rendition
- 2x Tough Love
- Kicking Back
- Sisters of the Anvil
- Armorer's Aspiration
- Braving the Unknown
- Promises in the Rain
- And again quite a few 3* and 4* to MUB or near MUB some

I also got 1 more 4* Wyrmprint. All of this gave me 20k Eldwater from hero dupes, 4150 from dragons, 3800 from wyrmrprint and I still have one 4* dragon dupe I could sell.

Would you say you got more useful stuff out of this banner than the past ones, even if you didn't get Sarisse on the last pull?

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Fortunately I have a team that is capable of autobattling Master Wind IO so I will be focusing on that over the next couple of days.

I will be using Lily for High Brunhilda and most likely using Maribelle for High Mercury so I have double the reason to build up my Wand Dojos. Right now they're both upgrading to level 22, hopefully I can make some good progress during the half stamina event.

The for the second half I suppose I'll go after Water IO. Though I'm not sure if I'll have a team that can handle it in autobattle. I have a ton of wind materials so I could put together a couple of freeze immune characters to give it a shot.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when this game came out and I just never gave it a go. I've been looking for a new phone game to play...How is this game for a new player? Is it worth it to get in?

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when this game came out and I just never gave it a go. I've been looking for a new phone game to play...How is this game for a new player? Is it worth it to get in?

If you start up now you'll still qualify for the New Years log-in bonuses which will get you three ten pull vouchers and 2k wyrmite. (1.5k wyrmite will get you a ten pull) They also extended the free 5* character voucher giveaway so you should still get that as well.

Plus right now there's a special banner that has increased the 5* pull rate from 4% to 6% so it is great for anyone starting out who is probably interested in anything 5*.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Ignoring my feelings on Wyrmprints earlier, if it wasn't for the dupes I would say I had better "luck" with this banner than previous, although I've never rolled as much as I did this banner.

For 30 x 10 pulls I ended up with:

3 = 5 star Adventurers (including dupes)
3 = 5 star Dragons
7 = 5 star Wyrmprints
14 = 4 star Dragons (including dupes)
13 = 4 star Adventurers (including dupes)
23 = 4 star Wyrmprints

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
If you start up now you'll still qualify for the New Years log-in bonuses which will get you three ten pull vouchers and 2k wyrmite. (1.5k wyrmite will get you a ten pull) They also extended the free 5* character voucher giveaway so you should still get that as well.

Plus right now there's a special banner that has increased the 5* pull rate from 4% to 6% so it is great for anyone starting out who is probably interested in anything 5*.

So if I'm starting today, any tips on how to play and maximize my chances for "good" units? Do I need to worry about rerolling with this game?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Now is the perfect time to join. Get on it!

On the subject of me and my character/dragon collection, I honestly think I might start hoarding my tickets/wyrmite for the anniversary, which I'm hoping will introduce the spark mechanic (alongside a gala banner) so I can go all-in. I have at least one 5* for each of the elements now (although it's an evolved 4* for the dark element, since I couldn't get Ieyasu), as well as 40% STR dragons to pair with them. By the time the anniversary hits, the pool will have a lot of the new 5* chartacters/dragons added between now and then so I'll have a lot to pull for with my hoarded currency (limited characters/dragons excluded, of course). I know it's probably a bit early to be thinking about the first anniversary, but Cygames are always extremely generous with them and you'll need an equivalent of 45k wyrmite to spark, if it's anything like GBF (again, if they introduce that mechanic, which I'm nearly positive they will). Also, maybe by then they'll have a fix for the way wyrmprints continually break the pity rates (a man can hope).

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
So if I'm starting today, any tips on how to play and maximize my chances for "good" units? Do I need to worry about rerolling with this game?

You can try rerolling if you have the patience for it. I don't know if there's a recent guide for rerolling, but you should be able to get maybe 3 or 4 ten pulls pretty quick out of the gate with the free stuff the game throws at you.

5* dragons are the most important thing you can get out of the gacha. A lot of people are understandably drawn to the adventurers, but a 4* adventurer with a top-class 5* dragon is way better than a 5* adventurer with a crappy dragon. Notable dragons per element are:

Fire: Agni, Cerberus (top of the line for DPS units, both are pretty similar to each other)
Wind: Zephyr (DPS) Garuda (healers)
Water: Leviathan (DPS)
Light: Cupid (DPS) Jeanne d'Arc (healers)
Shadow: Nothing available in the regular summon pool atm

DPS-boosting dragons are more valuable than the ones I listed for healers as they go with most characters. On a high level you can essentially break adventurers down into healers and DPS, so the strength-boosting dragons fit with probably 90% of the roster. You equip dragons to same element adventurers, so for example you want to pair Agni with a solid Fire adventurer. Having top-tier 5* dragons across multiple elements is probably the ideal rerolling target.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Would also note Poseidon for water, for ranged DPS + healer.

Obviously you generally want strength if you can get them, but yeah.

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
I popped a bunch of honey and went to grindan for Glorious Tempest and holy crap, I didn't respect what a grind it was. I figured I could do it in a couple of hours, but after 3 straight hours of autobattling, I've only got like 100 of the small amulets.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Before the Eastern Emissary was done I had saved most ofthe goodies from the new years celebration and had the luckiest unluck: 4500 wrymite and 2 ten summon tickets; 4 out the 5 pulls went rainbow and got everything BUT Ieyasu and Marishiten!! one pull had 3 rainbow it it was a Leviathan, Agni(both first) and a Heralds of hinomoto(which I got three of) each pull had either a Sazanka or Addis and got 3 heralds of Hinomoto in a row

like WTF!?!?!? Ieyasu!! where's your hospitality!?!?!? why you no show me no love!!!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
To anyone that has this game linked after changing the region of their Nintendo Account to match where the game has released:

Is it safe to change my region from the US back to Canada, so I can redeem the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Pirahna DLC and then change it back to the US? I've sunk a lot of time/effort into the game, so I kind of want to make sure nothing bad will happen if I change my region after it's already been linked. I know I'll need to change it back to the US to log in again (which I'll do after registering the code), but there shouldn't be any other complications, right?

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
So Dragalia Lost was nominated for Portable Game of the Year at the DICE awards. I doubt that it'll win, but I wonder if we'll see some goodies as celebration. I vaguely remember FEH doing stuff like that when they were put up for or won awards.

Mazre

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled more than I originally intended too but kept getting new stuff. All 10 pulls. Started out rough with a no 5 star pull, followed by a 5 star print, but then hit a run of Agni, Jeanne, and Garuda (all three new), one more print, and finally Sarrisse.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Gala is definitely the best thing to hoard for if you only care about getting general 5* adventurers and dragons, not any specific one. There's gonna be horror stories of only getting Wyrmprints, but on average you get more useful stuff per Wyrmite spent. It might be ideal to essentially keep hoarding until the end of year Gala, but I think any Gala is a good time to cash out compared to other banners, as long as you're fine with not getting limited's. If my F2P no pulls alt wasn't barred from pulling, I'd definitely put everything towards one of these Gala banners, since the only content that potentially requires the gacha is High Dragons.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Gala is definitely the best thing to hoard for if you only care about getting general 5* adventurers and dragons, not any specific one. There's gonna be horror stories of only getting Wyrmprints, but on average you get more useful stuff per Wyrmite spent. It might be ideal to essentially keep hoarding until the end of year Gala, but I think any Gala is a good time to cash out compared to other banners, as long as you're fine with not getting limited's. If my F2P no pulls alt wasn't barred from pulling, I'd definitely put everything towards one of these Gala banners, since the only content that potentially requires the gacha is High Dragons.

I think the dragon gala is easily the best general gala there is.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Thinking about the next facility event for my F2P no pulls alt, assuming it's like usual, I legimately think Melsa or Ranzal will be better to use over Elias, despite the elemental advantage. I'm gonna be controlling Luca and Euden is my beefiest unit. Botan easily takes the third spot with her bleed, team buff, and the fact I only have 3 pure Strength Up Dragons (Pele, Brunhilda, and Zodiark). Melsa has 3 damage skills AND Brunhilda, but is squishy, while Ranzal has Slayer's Strength and a Shielding ability for some additional sustain at the cost of being not as damage heavy. Another plus for Melsa is I'll probably use a Verica helper again, so she'll get more HP per heal.

Here's what my team will probably look like at the start, and I may swap around if some stuff isn't working:

cW4v6zj.jpg

I think the dragon gala is easily the best general gala there is.

It'd definitely be the best to plan for if it ever comes back :(

Last edited:

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Was dumb and tried pulling for another 5-star for this event. Didn't really get much of anything (Got a Sarisse dupe) and now went from 15,000 wyrmite to 8,000. Not that bad, but I'll probably skip pulling for the upcoming circus event in order to go back to saving up wyrmite (would like to get back to 15,000). Plus, I should try to get back up what I can for the valentine's event.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
https://dragalialost.com/en/news/information/3494

Sounds great. Void battles sound fun, and they're finally going to fix co-op dropping when the host quits/gets disconnected. Also, FREE 5* voucher to everyone currently playing! Look forward to that Eldwater. Also, possible wyrmprint changes.

Still no mention of a Canada/EU release. It's never going to happen.

Last edited:

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
Is there gonna be the usual 10 fold for the next event banner? I haven't seen anything mentioned about it so far.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
You can always save the ticket for when they update the pull again and there's a larger number of units you don't have.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I might wait on the ticket, yeah; I only have four 5* but I'm afraid of dupes. It's unfortunate that the 2 of those I pulled naturally aren't limited, in that respect...

News sounds mostly good, at least, and I'm glad to hear more info. I'm guessing Void battles will be a grind for the weapons, though, and I do wonder how strong they'll actually be, because I'm thinking they don't want to make people who bought ingots for 5.3s regret it but also... if they're not that strong, are they worth working towards? Since at that point Void itself would be the fitting level of difficulty to use them against...

I'm mostly just little wary of the co-op changes still. Obviously it'll be good to fix matchmaking problems, but if that's coming in a couple weeks it's not great that they're not saying anything more specific about the changes, since the stamina/wing divide is really going to shake things up. And joining in raids requiring fragments... are we just gonna have to run the boss way way more? Hmm.

also lol at the wyrmprint bit; 2 prints doesn't really solve the problem at all but it's what everyone suggests, so, sure, it's something

I also would have appreciated anything at all commenting on the events cycle or another event type. Kinda weird for them not to comment on that at this point. But maybe next time.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
Okay, I now officially hate this Gala banner. Nearly sixty rolls (mostly burning single tickets). Barely any 4* anything, and barely any dragons. Finally got a 5*, but it was a dupe wyrmprint. I suppose this is balancing out the great luck I had pulling on the New Year banner, but it is annoying.

The new void battle stuff sounds promising. I hope the new weapons have some fun skills. Any kind of alternative to the current skill list would be nice. The co-op changes will also be very welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.