• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
The grind is pretty horrible for me, which is why I've become much more relaxed about it now (no more full clears of event rewards, just most of the good stuff).

One big factor is that the fact that you only control one character in a team of 4, and the other 3 don't really do much besides extra damage & healing. So you are technically set once you have one good char (2 if you count stat resistances) 3 decent members per element. Been fairly lucky with my rolls overall, so I'm ok with most elements.

Fire: Ezelith, Mikoto , Verica, Euden (MUB Phoenix, Ifrit, MUB Pele)
Water: Xmas Cleo, Lily, Xainfred, Richardt(Poseidon, Poli, 2x Voyda)
Wind: Maribelle, Ranzal, Lowen, Eleonora (Garuda, Roc)
Holy: Amane, H Althemia, H Edward, Ryozen (Cupid, Jeanne, H Silke)
Dark: Ieyasu, Botan, Orion, Cleo (Niddhogg, 2x Jugg, MUB Silke)

Spook Adventurers won't really change much for me (cept for Holy), so I'm pretty much rolling only for the rate up unit if I like them

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Dark IO farming went way worse than I expected, oof. My test run was close but I guess I jinxed it or something. Ended up running Amane, Malka (8->30 mana and I made that 5.2.0 lance, I desperately needed ANY poison res and someone with medium range) instead of H. Edward, Vixel instead of H. Althemia, and Verica.

Immediately got to learn more about how the AI still sucks as everyone stood on spikes, and I watched Malka constantly whiff his skill 1 (a spin attack around him) because he'd do it at normal lance range instead of stepping forward a bit and that means it miiiiight rarely hit the boss at the edge of the spin, maybe.

So I wasted a ton of time trying to mulitask, watching runs fail because even when it caught my attention I couldn't do anything as everyone was poisoned so dragons couldn't turn things around - and of course, that dragon would be Lindworm x 2 or Unicorn or Phoenix, so nothing amazing to begin with. And that's after already having to babysit the start because the AI inexplicably fucking dashes into poison spikes to make the enemies spawn at the start instead of just walking into all that open space - and that usually doomed the run, so if I got distracted immediately after starting the next run, I might have to restart.

I really should have just put an hour aside to solo it instead of letting it away at my night after a day where I already didn't get to relax much, ugh. Thankfully dark only matters for daggers, my dagger dojos are already 16/15, and my set goal was only 18/18 for them, so I was still able to get what I needed without suffering too much or resorting to inefficiently running/skipping Expert. And it was refreshing to just go back to wind and effortlessly dump another 250 stamina into it to meet my quota on that. And beforehand I had an excellent HMS clear (though I still need one tomorrow...) immediately with a Discord group, so that was nice at least.

Seriously hoping water and light go better than that. I think both are shaky but since my testing a few days ago there's been some significant dojo and weapon upgrades for the characters I'm using, so that should hopefully help a lot.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I go pretty hardcore on games I enjoy, from FPS's to CCGs, from MMOs to MOBAs. If I eventually feel bored with a game, I'll just move on to something else, but that's yet to happen with Dragalia. Since I enjoy the core gameplay a lot, I guess I just don't see it as such a huge grind compared to most. I like to go all out and min-max, but also know what it's like for others, particularly those who get unlucky with the gacha in this game. My F2P no pulls account is basically my way of picturing the unluckiest player in the world who never gets anything useful from pulling for every event.

My personal top 3 welfare event content we've gotten would be:

1. Pele - With stats that rival a 2-3UB 4* gacha dragon, Pele is easily the strongest welfare dragon we've gotten so far. She singlehandedly allows any account to eventually become HMS viable, and is the one raid reward I really hope eventually gets added into the base game in some way so the path to HMS becomes much clearer.

2. Botan - She seems to be the strongest welfare character with Bleed, team strength buff, and a lance user. As a dark unit, she can always have a spot in any team I make without major elemental downsides like Celery and Melsa.

3. Plunder Pals - This print is so good that it even rivals 5* gacha Wyrmprints, as unconditional 25% Skill Damage can really only be gotten with MUB 5* gacha prints. It's honestly a bonkers Wyrmprint, and I'm legitimately considering using the keys on my alt account to MUB a 2nd copy eventually, which is crazy.

Honestly, everything including all the Wyrmprints that's been given out have basically had a niche where it's useful for... except maybe Elias. I've tried theorycrafting to figure out what he contributes, and I come back mostly empty-handed. Archers already have lower stats to compensate for their attack speed and range, but the fact that he's a defense unit on top of that means he has even less attack in exchange for a lotta health that's easy to burn through. Welfare characters are already somewhat gimped by having an incredibly situational main passive and 50% resistance, but his kit on top of that seems to just be for supporting Lucretia, otherwise it's as if he doesn't have a second skill. He's even overshadowed by Luca, sharing the same weapon/element combo. His event has been the only one where I felt I was more useful controlling Luca or even Euden over him, which says a lot...

I hope Cygames avoid giving us a unit like him again, who seems underwhelming even in his own event. They only give out one welfare character a month, so a character that's so underwhelming that I'm literally not planning to use them for an event where they have elemental advantage is rough.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Well also Numberfox Dragalia continues to add content, treats its users well, and just seems to have general appeal.

I single pulled tonight and I got Evening of Luxury. Man that is a sweet wyrmprint.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
He isnt top tier but i managed to pull myfirst 5* Fire Hero with Naveed yesterday - dude has swag thats for sure.
More importantly i was able to craft my first elemental Dark and Light 4.3 weapons yet...quite the upgrade form what i had before but im also out of resources already lol.

Will do the same for 1-2 more units and the save up for 5.2 options.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's fair to point out the rates and the current state of end game content in this game as a contrast to all the positivity.

- the Summon rates are simply bad. 3* Adventurers, dragons and wyrmprints are generally worthless and have an 80% of appearing in summons, meaning on average a full 10-pull will only leave you with 2 things that are actually worth using.

- of the three things an adventurer can equip (weapons, dragons & wyrmprints) prints are the dry impactful, yet 5* Wyrmprints make up half of the advertised 4% 5* Summon rate. There's free things more disappoint than to finally get a 5* only for it to be a wyrmprint. The highest difficulty content currently in the game also requires its own specific print earned from grinding specific quests, so even the summoned Wyrmprints that are considered good don't see the justifiable use.

- there's still no telling if the end game content is truly going to be accessible to unlucky players. The first high dragon quest is relatively lax, but the second has some pretty strict requirement that demand you either get lucky enough to summon a particular 5* Adventurer/dragon, or Summon frequently enough to get enough copies of 4* Adventurers to unbind them.

- for a game with such a demanding grind as this one, there's a noticeable chasm between the mid-level and endgame content in this game that leaves you with nothing to do but repeat the same map ad infinitum. The development team have directly addressed this and outlined game modes coming to fill the gap, but it's worth noting in the meantime.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
Fun times, managed to clear HMS last night and this morning with my beastly Sinoa. In the mean time I'm also trying to fan up the insignias to get daggers to 16/16 so i can go in with Orsem.

4* adventurers are capable of costing high dragon content but it's close and will likely get worse over time. The important thing is meeting the hp check and 2100 str.

My Sinoa didn't meet that check even if i MUB her weapon and get 30/30 dojos, at 50/50, so Vanessa or luck is required.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Fun times, managed to clear HMS last night and this morning with my beastly Sinoa. In the mean time I'm also trying to fan up the insignias to get daggers to 16/16 so i can go in with Orsem.

4* adventurers are capable of costing high dragon content but it's close and will likely get worse over time. The important thing is meeting the hp check and 2100 str.

My Sinoa didn't meet that check even if i MUB her weapon and get 30/30 dojos, at 50/50, so Vanessa or luck is required.

I'm hoping Double Wyrmprints will help negate issues like this with High Dragon content. Right now I am trying to figure out who out of my water units could run High Brunhilda, but the whole "must have 100% burn resist or never get hit" situation is limiting my choices down to Orsem or Thaniel vs water units that I've invested more resources in like Karina.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to put together a team that can autobattle Master Water IO but it is incredibly messy. Water IO is probably the hardest of the bunch and it gets even worse since with autobattle on you'll never clear the logs and things get all screwy. The final part of the fight when the huge mass of reinforcements spawn is a total shitshow.

In contrast to Wind IO where my autobattle team can clear with more than half the time remaining.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Wind IO is ridiculous with auto now that I have Verica.

What's your team Parshias?

For Wind IO I was using Naveed, Vanessa, Hildegarde, and Verica. Vanessa is the character I use for HMS so the clears were pretty easy on autobattle since she's so strong. I started with Vanessa in slot 1 but there was a guide on reddit that mentioned that the autobattle AI used for the lead character and the AI for the other three characters is actually different so I switched it up. The lead AI doesn't dodge as often as the other three AI units. Putting a sleep-immune DPS in front and swapping Vanessa to slot 2 cut 30-45 seconds off of the clear time.

I mentioned before I had a team that could handle Water IO in autobattle but I'm not even really sure that was correct. They were able to handle it once or twice but then there were a bunch of runs that were a total mess. Water IO is practically built to mess up the AI. I settled for controlling Addis myself and I can get through it that way.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My team of Addis/Aeleen/Eleonora/Lowen is able to do it mostly fine. It's just that the logs fuck up the latter two, which delays healing on top of what freezing already does. Having a regen heal helper mitigates that if I pop it as soon as the boss appears (at which point I can stop babysitting) but I'm sorta out of being able to use those, oops. Should probably also make a 4.2.4 staff at some point, but only Lowen would need it (all other teams use Verica, and Vixel has the halloween one) so I guess it's not worth caring about immediately.

Regardless, I only need like 3 or 4 more runs of it because I was already close to my azure quota. I really regret not going harder on wind/fire the past few days; I was so occupied by dark yesterday that I was happy just to go back to meet my wind quota the last minute. But thanks to leveling up and just the passing of time, by the end of this I'll only have had to use at most 1k of my almost 5k honey that I had at the start, and I could have stood to do maybe twice that if I'd had the time/thought.

And water and light are not only more troublesome to auto compared to wind/fire, but they're unfortunately also relatively worth less to me... no high dragon like fire, and ignoring possible future pulls, blade/lance aren't things I need to be *that* much stronger currently, and I'm already improving the staff dojo just for the sake of being able to build things, seeing as I don't need more than 16/16 for HMS.

My current targets for the current elements are 16/16 lance+blade and 18/18 staff. I guess I could take lance or blade to 17/17 (or both to 17/16), but that's a sizable jump in insignias and it's not going super smoothly like I said above. I should have maybe aimed for like... 18/18 wand instead of 17/17; that'd only been a matter of ~300 stamina that it could have been churned through without any issue at all.

Oh well. I'll out of things to build soon enough anyway, even with all this farming or that extra farming. Nice to have it, at least, and the exercise in solo team building is surprisingly nice for the wings change ahead. And if I can get a poison res light unit and a blindness res dark unit, next time will go even more smoothly and I can just use even more honey then.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
For Wind IO I was using Naveed, Vanessa, Hildegarde, and Verica. Vanessa is the character I use for HMS so the clears were pretty easy on autobattle since she's so strong. I started with Vanessa in slot 1 but there was a guide on reddit that mentioned that the autobattle AI used for the lead character and the AI for the other three characters is actually different so I switched it up. The lead AI doesn't dodge as often as the other three AI units. Putting a sleep-immune DPS in front and swapping Vanessa to slot 2 cut 30-45 seconds off of the clear time.

I mentioned before I had a team that could handle Water IO in autobattle but I'm not even really sure that was correct. They were able to handle it once or twice but then there were a bunch of runs that were a total mess. Water IO is practically built to mess up the AI. I settled for controlling Addis myself and I can get through it that way.
What do you think I could use in place of Hilde? Vixel?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
For wind I just used Ezelith, Vanessa, Euden, and Verica at first. That's what I'd done at the last event and it worked fine.

For whatever reason it was a bit wonkier this time so I made some upgrades and such, swapped in Sinoa and Melsa and took out Vanessa and Euden. Had a very very rare failure (I assume bad luck with Verica sleeping) but otherwise they'd clear it without issue in 2-2.5 minutes.

So I don't think you need a second healer for it as long as everyone's good enough. Otherwise, Vixel seems like a pretty good fit for that; not only does a regen heal work best, but he's actually got sleep res.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think I have every 3* and 4* unit released since the game started EXCEPT Verica.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
For wind I just used Ezelith, Vanessa, Euden, and Verica at first. That's what I'd done at the last event and it worked fine.

For whatever reason it was a bit wonkier this time so I made some upgrades and such, swapped in Sinoa and Melsa and took out Vanessa and Euden. Had a very very rare failure (I assume bad luck with Verica sleeping) but otherwise they'd clear it without issue in 2-2.5 minutes.

So I don't think you need a second healer for it as long as everyone's good enough. Otherwise, Vixel seems like a pretty good fit for that; not only does a regen heal work best, but he's actually got sleep res.
This is specifically for Auto Battle IO Master though?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
This is specifically for Auto Battle IO Master though?

Yeah, that's the setup I used for autoing master wind IO in the past few days.

By "everyone's good enough" I meant "all the characters are strong enough", if that was confusing.

EDIT: Oh, wait, and by "event" I meant "IO discount event". The game calls them events, but I realize you may have thought I meant the raids/facilities...?

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Video preview:

It doesn't seem like we'll be getting a free ten-fold summon this time. At least, it wasn't mentioned. :(

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled one last tenfold summmon on the current banner.
Rainbow bow is dropping, I'm thanking RNGesus out of my soul.

Dupe Louise showing her face...
This game...

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
Yeah this showcase is an easy pass. The dragon is really cool and having a good melee light character would be nice, but I'm pretty set at every element after getting lucky on these past three banners. That and none of the designs are appealing enough to make me think about dipping into my savings.

Plus I've got Sarisse! Every other pull from this point forward is gravy. God I love the fuck out of this spunky bunny archer.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
This banner is slightly temping. I don't have any 5* light Adventurers or any units with 100% poison resistance, so Not!HElly (seriously, they have the same Statline and their skills & abilities are too similar) appeals to me in that way. That said, investing in a unit that can't readily run high dragons might be a bad idea.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting glitch I just had.
I was doing master light onslaught solo, player character was Ieyasu, helper character was Hildegarde.
I used Hildegarde's helper skill right as the boss died
For the remainder of the mission (opening the treasure chests), the player character was Hildegarde, not Ieyasu

I don't even own Hildegarde

It wasn't just a model swap, either - Character sounds were Hildegarde's too, etc.

Ultimately a harmless glitch, but I reported it via the in game customer service inquiry, anyways.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Interesting glitch I just had.
I was doing master light onslaught solo, player character was Ieyasu, helper character was Hildegarde.
I used Hildegarde's helper skill right as the boss died
For the remainder of the mission (opening the treasure chests), the player character was Hildegarde, not Ieyasu

I don't even own Hildegarde

It wasn't just a model swap, either - Character sounds were Hildegarde's too, etc.

Ultimately a harmless glitch, but I reported it via the in game customer service inquiry, anyways.

Compensatory tenfold summon voucher incoming!

Nathan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
France
I can see the new lance unit being better or at least a good alternative than H!Elly for High Zodiark because of her energy buffs who will work with Lucretia/Vixel... But it's a high investment, you want to use Heavenly Holiday MUB for the 100% Curse RES effect. And of course, it will only be possible if we can equip 2 wyrmprints

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Isn't it the first time there is no version update (and a ten-fold voucher) before a new event start?

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think the free tenfold summons had to stop because of the Gala Dragalia. Now that they have announced those are going to be every 2 months they don't want people hoarding the free tenfold tickets.

I think the best solution is just to make the first tenfold summon on a banner free, and not give a ticket. That way we still get a free summon but it has to be used on that banner and can't be hoarded for the premium banners

Oct 26, 2017
I think the free tenfold summons had to stop because of the Gala Dragalia. Now that they have announced those are going to be every 2 months they don't want people hoarding the free tenfold tickets.

I think the best solution is just to make the first tenfold summon on a banner free, and not give a ticket. That way we still get a free summon but it has to be used on that banner and can't be hoarded for the premium banners

I'd be ok with this. I think it is a little more cynical than people hoarding tenfold vouchers though, they want people to pull on every banner because it increases the likelihood of someone over pulling and spending money. They are basically drug dealers who not only want to give you the first hit for free, but want to make sure you take the hit.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017

Meh, they could easily still give free tenfold tickets. It's not like the Gala is that much of a boost, 1.5% for an adventurer or a dragon is still really poor.

That solution is probably better than nothing but I'd still just rather the tickets. Not even because I want to hoard them for a gala, but because there's a lot of banners I just don't care to pull on, like this one.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Eh I don't think getting rid of the tickets is a good idea, I say this as a dolphin who has over half the fivestar characters and dragons. For people who spend a bit or nothing they basically dont have much to pull with unless you factor in events.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Elly's limited; let us who don't have her get a chance at one.

who's poison res and can't be used for inevitable high jupiter without print changes, but

EDIT: yup, meant zodiark, oops

Last edited:

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, having a 5* Light Lance Adventurer being added in the permanent 5* pool is fine and she has a different kit too. Not everyone was lucky and got Eli, and may not even possibly be able to obtain her till October again this year.

Elly's limited; let us who don't have her get a chance at one.

who's poison res and can't be used for inevitable high jupiter without print changes, but
I assume you mean High Zodiark. Honestly I'd still wait until the actual fight is out yet before ruling a character not usable in it. Characters have been being used for clears without Stun and Burn Resistance in both HMS and HBH. I had Karina built up just cause I like her, and get clears pretty consistently in HBH. Plus healers clearing status anyways like Hilde with Curse and Thaniel with Burn are available.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, meant Zodiark, oops.

I guess you're right that it's not certain if she can or can't do it. But thinking about it... if she's energy-focused, it's gonna be even worse if she gets afflicted, since it'll reset her energy count and that could hurt her DPS. Hmm.

Guess we'll see how that goes, months from now.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I want Summer Nidhogg

it's just Nidhogg with a nice floppy hat on

still shouting that he wants to see how you die

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
So it's fine in the end, there are lots of different games and not every one has to follow every kind of character archetype, but I gotta say that I am surprised at how little interest Dragalia has in big burly armored dudes. Ranzal and Euden's bro are really the only ones to get any attention. Versus however many dozens of waifus/slim cool guys/young boys.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's one milestone down. As of this week's weekly bonuses I have completed my MUB High Midgardsormr. I plan to use it for High Mercury alongside Maribelle.

Next week: High Brunhilda!

Status
Not open for further replies.