• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Does this usually happen in cygames' other titles? I missed the first raid and the first facility event so would love to be able to get those.
As for GBF, their biggest game, they rerun previous regular events. I am not sure about seasonal events, I think they never got a proper rerun. And as other have mentioned, they did add a "Side Story" section where most previous regular events (but no collaboration events) can be played. They are purely solo though, so difficulty got toned down quite a bit. Also, this was only added in their 3rd or 4th year I think, so don't count on it coming anytime soon.

However, I am pretty sure we will see a rerun of the first event sometime in February or March.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
I've managed to get a key fragment drop already (only done 15 Valfarre battles)! Either I've been extremely lucky, or the key fragment drop rates are much higher on EX/Special battles than they were back when it was the new year's event. Must have run that event 300 times, but only ever got one damascus crystal drop. Anyone else seen any key fragments yet?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Got the title clear on my F2P no pulls account, again before my main whale account xD

kjDFIQK.jpg

Again, I need to reiterate how much I love Botan. She's the best welfare character we've gotten by a long shot, potentially even compared to the story characters after Euden. Bleed is amazing DPS, dark typing means she's usable in any content, her buff ability is always good, and spear is amazing for raids. I really hope she comes back eventually for everyone to grab her, maybe when Ieyasu comes back.

Alright, to sums it up, give us some tips for newcomers like me before Dragalia launched it globally.

TL,DR: Outside getting Wyrmsmiths with in-game currency if you plan to play a lot, I'd recommend saving for Gala Banners (increased 5* rate banner that comes every 2 months) or limiteds. The biggest takeaways from events as a new player are maxed facilities and event Wyrmprint for facility events and the welfare character/event Wyrmprint/5 copies of welfare dragon from raid events. Everything outside High Dragon Trials and arguably Master challenge waves in events can be done without the gacha at all. For optimal re-rolling, aim for Mikoto/Xainfried as free 5* for current endgame, with honorable mention to Hildegard as the best healer, but all of them are fine for the most part.

If you can, I'd make sure to put aside a decent chunk of time to playing in the beginning, since you completely refresh stamina and getherwings every level up, increased max stamina each level up, AND it overflows to 999 stamina and 99 getherwings, so you can freely play for a long while before it gets completely drained.

Getting Wyrmsmiths are a great Wyrmite (in-game currency) investment if you play often. Outside of that, I'd recommend saving Wyrmite and summon tickets for either Gala Banner (an interim banner that comes every 2 months with increased 5* rate compared to all other banners) or limited banners. It isn't guaranteed that limited characters will be immediately useful for endgame content, like there's no High Jupiter for Ieyasu or High Zodiark for Halloween Elisanne at the moment, while Dragonyule Cleo isn't even good for High Brunhilda, so keep that in mind.

As a new player, you probably won't be able to get everything without a ton of time for raid events, while facility events have a fairly difficult master challenge that a new player probably can't do without extremely good gacha luck and a lot of time. As a result, the biggest focuses should be on getting event Wyrmprints and a maxed facility for event facilities, while getting welfare character, 5 copies of the event Wyrmprint, and 5 copies of the welfare dragons to max unbind them. Everything past that is a bonus since all that stuff will be offered again in later events and aren't exclusive like the stuff I listed. On top of that, literally 90% of the game is playable without the gacha thanks to events and welfare characters/Wyrmprints/dragons/facilities, so there's no real need to use the Wyrmite for pulling immediately. Only High Dragon Trials and arguably Master facility events really require it.

If you're into basic re-rolling, you're guaranteed one of the initial 5* adventurers within the first few moments of the game, the meta ones most used for High Dragon Trials right now being Mikoto and Xainfried, with honorable mention to Hildegard for being the best healer in the game. More committed optimal re-rolling would be trying to pull a character/dragon match like Mikoto/Agni/Cerberus or Xainfried/Leviathan if you want to guarantee the ability to do a current High Dragon Trial later on, though that's fairly unlikely outside the rate ups. 4* adventurers are also viable (4* Vanessa, 4* Verica with 4* Phoenix, and even the main story Character Euden are all meta High Midgardsormr adventurers).

Last edited:

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man... Hawk is such a bad 5 star...

I'm this close to cutting him for Lowen. My green team sucks and I think Hawk makes them suck even worse especially for this raid.

What a waste. There's a little bit of synergy with Su Fang but it's moot for the raid :-/

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
speaking of Hawk, someone joined my HMS room with him and readied up very late last night

I didn't check his equipment, but he was level 80... with 0 mana

so that was certainly a decision, on their part

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Several attempts at ex Raid last night were a dud. People keep padding their team's might with characters of other elements who end up dying 20 seconds in. Combined with disconnects, it was such a pain. On the flip side, every run this morning was incredibly smooth. I'll probably save my getherwings at night for running Imperial Onslaught.

Alright, to sums it up, give us some tips for newcomers like me before Dragalia launched it globally.

I started about two months ago and here are some things I think are helpful:

• Keeping Euden (the main character) in your party gives you a 10% bonus to quest XP. This is true even if he's on your team in co-op and you're bringing another character to play with others.
  • Main focus should be to keep building in your Castle area until you can unlock Tier 3 weapons at the Smithy. Consider getting the SmithyWyrms which let you build additional items concurrently. I felt like being able to build 4 things at once was suffice.
  • Don't bother trying to go for an elemental Tier 1 weapon. I even skipped Tier 2 elemental weapons.
  • Instead of leveling up several characters, try focusing on one lead for each element so you can join co-op teams more easily.
  • A lot of stuff is gated off by the story so try finishing that first.
  • Though try to get some stuff from the event, it's a great resource for mana and items.
  • Content is gated by might which is boosted most from level, strength, ability/skill-ups from the mana circles, weapons and dragons (including dragon transformation time which is increased by feeding a dragon daily). Building up shrines / dojos will help push you along the way as well.
  • While there are top tier 5-star characters, a lot of tier 4 (and even 3) characters outshine some of the tier 5 guys. That said, I feel like the difference between having a tier 5 dragon and not having one is far greater than having a tier 5 character vs not having one. (i.e. a dragon that boosts strength 40% vs 8% or 30% feels like a more noticeable increase in power)
  • Every time you summon and don't get a 5 star character/dragon/wyrmprint, your chance of getting one next time increases. So take that into consideration before pulling. Like most gachas, being frugal along with luck can pay off.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Epithet get! I think we all pulled our weight (also got the perfect no deaths bonus), but was definitely carried by this guy with an 18K team. Feels good to settle all the missions early.

For people still working on it, remember to upgrade your Fafnir statue to give your wind dragons a boost!
Several attempts at ex Raid last night were a dud. People keep padding their team's might with characters of other elements who end up dying 20 seconds in. Combined with disconnects, it was such a pain. On the flip side, every run this morning was incredibly smooth. I'll probably save my getherwings at night for running Imperial Onslaught.

I started about two months ago and here are some things I think are helpful:

• Keeping Euden (the main character) in your party gives you a 10% bonus to quest XP. This is true even if he's on your team in co-op and you're bringing another character to play with others.
  • Don't bother trying to go for an elemental Tier 1 weapon. I even skipped Tier 2 elemental weapons.

I kind of disagree with these 2. Party XP is nice, but early on, you are levelling way too fast to spend all your stamina and wings before you get another level up, so boosting it just leads to wasting natural regen. On the 2nd point I assume you are referring to 3 & 4* Elemental weapons. I think its ok to go for 1 or 2 of them just to make your levelling life easier, its not like the low level mats are good for much else. Also if you are trying to get the EX missions, I find that you need a 4* Elemental weapon in order to pull your weight.

Last edited:

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I do think the biggest newb trap in this game is that the game doesn't explain dojos that well and how to obtain them.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did another 10 pull and got a dupe Julie and a dupe Garuda.

My green team is destined to be sucky.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Hawk is pretty good for IO since he has Freeze resist. Though Elenora and Louise are better for bog challenges like this.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Hawk is such a disappointment. I wish he was a 4 star and Aeleen or Elenoara was the five star instead.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Hawk is easily fixable along with Nefaria, just completely rework there twos.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure I'll really want to pull for Valentine's Day (if they do a Mym or Elisanne, I might not be able to resist), but it's hard to go back to these 3% rates after DragaliaFest, and we'll probably be getting another one of those at the end of February/beginning of March...

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure I'll really want to pull for Valentine's Day (if they do a Mym or Elisanne, I might not be able to resist), but it's hard to go back to these 3% rates after DragaliaFest, and we'll probably be getting another one of those at the end of February/beginning of March...

I honestly think dragaliafrst is worse. Lower chance of getting a featured hero.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Got pretty lucky and nabbed all the showcase adventurers and both 5 star wymprints with 1 voucher and 2 wyrmite pulls. Wanted the dragon even if he's not top tier, Wind dragon roster is my weakest, but I know if I go hunting it's gonna drain me. Gotta stay strong and hope for the best with dailies.

Been rolling with a Lowen/Lin You/Louise/Musashi lineup and working up to full bog res. Ku Hai may take over that fourth spot by the end though. All three 4-star sword/blade adventurers for Wind are solid, makes it tough to pick one to focus on upgrading.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I honestly think dragaliafrst is worse. Lower chance of getting a featured hero.

Hmm on one hand getting more stuff is nice. But with the exception of Light, I'm pretty much set on my teams. For example Fire I have Mikoto, Verica, Ezelith and now Naveed (after the recent 5* ticket). For Wind, even though its not as stacked on 5*, I have Maribelle, Addis, Eleonora and Lowen. There's not much that will significantly upgrade those teams, so I'm mainly rolling because I like the character and not for power. So the lower chance of getting the featured character sucks in Dragalia Fest. It's pretty good to boost your dragon collection up though.

It sure feels like if I don't get the featured character in 1 or 2 ten-pulls, I'm never getting them. H! Elli took like 18K Wrymite and didn't come, same for Sarisse X(. Lily came in 2 pulls, Xmas Cleo too. Ieyasu as well. The last 2 came when I was pulling to use up all my wyrmite when I was intending to quit lol.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I don't agree with the reasoning that Gala banners are worse because Wyrmprints are more likely to break pity timers. With 2% more 5* drop rate, you are effectively having a constant 2% increased pity rate that would normally require 4 tenfold summons to reach for regular banners. So instead of normal banner Wyrmprint pity breaks that can make a 6% 5* rate drop back down to 4% after four tenfolds, Gala would just bring it back to 6%, which still has higher 5* adventurer and dragon rates than normal banners. I understand getting Wymprints feels bad, but trying to argue it's not a sound investment to save for Gala, ESPECIALLY for new players and those who don't pull often, you're doing more harm than good.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, I got my epithet despite being distracted thinking of work nuisances, I didn't even use my first shapeshift. Finished the thing with 1:30 exactly left.
It's the easiest epithet I got so far. It's okay but a bit underwhelming, after the master challenge on the circus event I was expecting something more.
I'll try to improve the time, maybe I was just really lucky with the players I was paired to.

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
Just got Lin You from a single ticket, haha, that's like the third 5 star I got from a single ticket. Finally got a good wind unit now, despite the fact I have Louise she was not doing very good for me.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I don't agree with the reasoning that Gala banners are worse because Wyrmprints are more likely to break pity timers. With 2% more 5* drop rate, you are effectively having a constant 2% increased pity rate that would normally require 4 tenfold summons to reach for regular banners. So instead of normal banner Wyrmprint pity breaks that can make a 6% 5* rate drop back down to 4% after four tenfolds, Gala would just bring it back to 6%, which still has higher 5* adventurer and dragon rates than normal banners. I understand getting Wymprints feels bad, but trying to argue it's not a sound investment to save for Gala, ESPECIALLY for new players and those who don't pull often, you're doing more harm than good.

For new players, I would say, pull Gala until you are happy with your adventurer / dragon teams, then feel free to pull on whichever banner catches your fancy. Once you have 4 DPS + a healer for an element + appropriate dragons, you are pretty much set. Unless future events need 100% status resist for the whole team

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
For new players, I would say, pull Gala until you are happy with your adventurer / dragon teams, then feel free to pull on whichever banner catches your fancy. Once you have 4 DPS + a healer for an element + appropriate dragons, you are pretty much set. Unless future events need 100% status resist for the whole team

I think that's a solid way to go about it. The biggest thing is that I see A LOT of people dislike the Gala because of their personal experience of getting a lot of Wyrmprints or dupes, without realizing how much better it is for people with not a lot of 5*'s in the first place. A whale friend of mine calls it the GAYla because of how many dupes he got, but that's not going to be the case for those who haven't pulled much. It's basically the quinessential anti-whale banner because it gains more value the less you already have in the regular pool.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Got Lin You on the pity break of my main account (already have her on my alt) , sadly no Ku Hai :/ well hope I can get him in the future , this time no Dragon for me in both accounts

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I only need about 5K more Elwater for my Euden to be fully unbound on my F2P no pulls account, and to be officially HMS ready. Would have gotten there a lot sooner if I did the Hard mode chapters or sold spare event Wyrmprints, but I'm lazy and also a hoarder. Besides that, I should get that much from finishing up the Emblem rewards, so it's only a matter of time.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I think that's a solid way to go about it. The biggest thing is that I see A LOT of people dislike the Gala because of their personal experience of getting a lot of Wyrmprints or dupes, without realizing how much better it is for people with not a lot of 5*'s in the first place. A whale friend of mine calls it the GAYla because of how many dupes he got, but that's not going to be the case for those who haven't pulled much. It's basically the quinessential anti-whale banner because it gains more value the less you already have in the regular pool.

I haven't pulled on the banenr at all tbh, it just seemed a waste (part of the problem is I still don't view archers as that good).

And its not the anti whale banner at all, its the anti dolphin banner, whales wouldn't roll on a dragon rate up banner(which i consider to be by far the best banner for new people and dolphins) because they have them all mubbed.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I haven't pulled on the banenr at all tbh, it just seemed a waste (part of the problem is I still don't view archers as that good).

And its not the anti whale banner at all, its the anti dolphin banner, whales wouldn't roll on a dragon rate up banner(which i consider to be by far the best banner for new people and dolphins) because they have them all mubbed.

I don't think anti-whale and anti-dolphin are mutually exclusive, but I'm also iffy on calling Gala's anti-dolphin and not anti-whale to begin with. I consider myself a whale because I literally pull until I have the focus of every banner without any regards to a set budget (though I don't feel pressured to keep pulling for MUB because we have stones). I personally consider Gala anti-whale because a whale is going to be pulling more on average during a Gala banner to get the focus compared to any other banner. The focus starts at .5% with a 6% 5* rate when most banners would increase the focus at the 6% rate. And during that whole time, a whale is going to be constantly pulling dupes because of how much higher the off-focus rate is compared to the on focus during the Gala banner.

The definition of a dolphin probably differs from person-to-person, but from my understanding, it's someone who spends a fair amount, but also is mainly concerned with the best deals, whether it's from currency purchases or banners. I'm well aware that the dragon banner was easily the best banner we've ever had value-wise, but there is literally no indication that it'll ever come back, whereas the Gala does have a set schedule of returning.

That being the case, saying the Gala is anti-dolphin because it hasn't matched the value of a one-time showcase doesn't seem like a fair comparison. By that logic, dolphins should literally just never spend for any of the banners, since nothing will stack up to the dragon banner until it comes back, if ever. Limited banners are even pretty poor value when you consider they have the same rates as a normal banner, and it isn't guaranteed the focus units are going to be worthwhile, Dragonyule Cleo being the biggest culprit of this in regards to High Brunhilda. We all assume Halloween Elly and Ieyasu will be good for their respective High Dragon Trials, but that doesn't come with a guarantee like pulling for Sarisse for HMS does since the other High Dragons aren't out yet.

I agree that for dolphins that have been regularly pulling since launch during normal banners, the Gala isn't great value. They're very likely to pull dupes. However, I believe for any new dolphins that are looking to pull during the best times, the Gala should be what they're initially saving their pulls for since they'll be getting more for their Wyrmite/Diamantium compared to any other banner aside from the dragon banner. Even as someone who has pulled for the focus since the the Winter Flower showcase, I managed to get several new adventurers and dragons that were never on focus like Xander and Zephyr on top of all the dupes while pulling for Sarisse because of how frequently 5*'s drop in general during Gala compared to normal banners.

Last edited:

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Would like to upgrade a healer to 5* as I don't have one currently. Any suggestions on which would be the most worthwhile?

I have Cleo (Purple), Vixel (Yellow), Althemia (Yellow), Lowen (Green), Rikardt (Blue) and Aurien (Red). Lowen and Vixel seem the best.

Last edited:

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Would like to upgrade a healer to 5* as I don't have one currently. Any suggestions on which would be the most worthwhile?

I have Cleo (Purple), Vixel (Yellow), Althemia (Yellow), Lowen (Green), Rikardt (Blue) and Aurien (Red). Lowen and Vixel seem the best.
Probably Lowen. Light has other healers, and Lowen will probably be the only wind healer for a while.

Edit: Also got Ku Hai in my daily summon!

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's amazing how quickly I fall off in gachas. I was full steam ahead and then realized I hadn't played in days. As usual it was fun while it lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.