• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Would like to upgrade a healer to 5* as I don't have one currently. Any suggestions on which would be the most worthwhile?

I have Cleo (Purple), Vixel (Yellow), Althemia (Yellow), Lowen (Green), Rikardt (Blue) and Aurien (Red). Lowen and Vixel seem the best.

I would suggest not doing this unless you need to for a high dragon. There is very little benefit for the eldwater cost otherwise.

That being said, Lowen would probably be the most fitting/safe for that.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Finally fully unbound Euden on my F2P no pulls account, who can now officially survive the HMS initial blast 100% of the time.

UH880L3.jpg

While it took me this long, keep in mind that I haven't done all the hard mode chapters (literally have just done chapter 1), haven't sold most spare event Wyrmprints since I'm a hoarder, and I unfortunately couldn't farm the Circus event as much as I wanted due to how busy I was in January. On top of that, with 5K Elwater being added every new chapter in hard mode, significantly more Elwater rewards in events compared to the launch months, AND facility events (hopefully) letting you always exchange 20 stamina for 300 Elwater, it's signficantly faster to fully unbind a character nowadays compared to launch. Of course, someone actually pulling will also just reach it way sooner from dupes.

If the next High Dragon is doable with no pulls (like High Mercury potentially with Ranzal and MUB HMS for example), I'll use my Elwater for that next, otherwise I might just do it for Botan since I love her kit for raids, and she'll never be disadvantaged with dark typing. Talking about High Dragons, with the newest event Wyrmprint having 50% Bog resist, welfare characters might potentially be High Dragon viable when double Wyrmprint arrive, which is great. There might be potential for Elisanne in HBH with a 50% burn resist event print and MUB High Merc later down the line.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I would suggest not doing this unless you need to for a high dragon. There is very little benefit for the eldwater cost otherwise.

That being said, Lowen would probably be the most fitting/safe for that.
I am not concerned about the high dragon stuff. I've spent $4 on this but that will probably be my limit. I'm just playing casually but since it is so slow going with getting elswater it's nice to get some other people's thoughts. With that being said, I want to upgrade a healer so that's my plan. Lowen works for me.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we're getting anything in today's reset since Lunar Year starts tomorrow.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I wanna say it's unlikely since it's not like Japan does anything for Chinese New Year. We'll see in a couple hours though.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Oh snap, tenfold gave me Lin You and the 100% curse print!

I'm not too interested in a Valentines banne., Christmas units were super cookie cutter looking and I imagine Valentines would be a bunch of red and love-hearty crap.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, I'm still waiting on rate up from dailies to pull. I have these 2 10 tickets now and like 24k wyrmite. I'd rather not stock up quite so much, but...

I'm not even sure I really want to pull - I don't really need anything that's rated up. Both Musashi and Lowen are very likely viable High Merc units so Lin's not super appealing, I really don't want Long Long, and I don't need another dupe Stribog when I have Garuda. If Zephyr and Roc were rated up, then we'd be talking...

So maybe this is the first banner I don't pull at all? Or maybe just once for the hell of it. I was already just thinking twice to begin with, but now I feel weird using 2 tickets when I don't need anything. I'm not exactly hyped for Valentine's either, though, seeing as I'm kinda set for fire and I can only assume it's that. Maybe if there's an interesting weapon type...

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Ahahaha....Annelie + H. Elisanne S1 is so ridiculous when they both pop together in one spot. Come together and get nuked by a pumpkin is just OP with many mobs. Makes dailies really easy.

caffe misto

Oct 25, 2017
the electric city
So I started attempting HMS last week and beat him for the first time on Friday. I think the group members I got matched with did most of the lifting, but I'll still take the win. :)

I bought dragon and the statue. Am I right in thinking it's better to invest my rewards into leveling up the latter since the early levels are so cheap compared to unbinding the dragon?

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
After terrible RNG run I used the 10 pull to get two new 5* dragons, one being the current event. That will do, didn't get the event character but I'm all done with this event anyway, back to grinding mats for weapons.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So I started attempting HMS last week and beat him for the first time on Friday. I think the group members I got matched with did most of the lifting, but I'll still take the win. :)

I bought dragon and the statue. Am I right in thinking it's better to invest my rewards into leveling up the latter since the early levels are so cheap compared to unbinding the dragon?

Not really?

Like, it's cheap early on, so a few levels... sure, whatever, I guess. But if you're aiming to MUB HMS, it doesn't seem worth it to go beyond more than just getting the building itself first, since the sphere costs add up so fast for so little gain?

Remember that it's not like dojos: it boosts dragon stats, and that's their direct stats, not the buff they provide. That's not nothing but it's very small, especially if you don't have a multiple unbinds on a good dragon to take advantage of it.

Example: my HMS is 1 UB, so level 55. 218 HP, 71 strength. The +3% from level 1 fafnir is... +7 HP and +3 strength. And each level further is only 0.5% more, in one stat.

So decide if that's really worth it over being closer to MUB HMS, I guess?

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Not really?

Like, it's cheap early on, so a few levels... sure, whatever, I guess. But if you're aiming to MUB HMS, it doesn't seem worth it to go beyond more than just getting the building itself first, since the sphere costs add up so fast for so little gain?

Remember that it's not like dojos: it boosts dragon stats, and that's their direct stats, not the buff they provide. That's not nothing but it's very small, especially if you don't have a multiple unbinds on a good dragon to take advantage of it.

Example: my HMS is 1 UB, so level 55. 218 HP, 71 strength. The +3% from level 1 fafnir is... +7 HP and +3 strength. And each level further is only 0.5% more, in one stat.

So decide if that's really worth it over being closer to MUB HMS, I guess?
I agree, also you can check out how much the statue will affect your stats on this stat calculator to see if that's what you really want to do.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Am I crazy or is this raid boss by far the hardest one yet? I also still have absolutely zero clue as to how you get the Ex raid.. it seems so freaking arbitrary.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy or is this raid boss by far the hardest one yet? I also still have absolutely zero clue as to how you get the Ex raid.. it seems so freaking arbitrary.
You must have just missed the last event, this boss was easy peasy compared to that ex boss.
Edit: Oh wait, you said raid... eh not sure if I can agree since for me, every match I've done has been able to be cleared within a minute.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
You must have just missed the last event, this boss was easy peasy compared to that ex boss.
I didn't have much difficulty last event at all tbh. This one with the giant cross-cross attack that just destroys your CPU controlled team because they refuse to get out of the attack path is infuriating. And then the giant circle attack with such a small window to avoid it.. it's crazy. I find it so difficult to make it through with everyone living.

Does anyone know what actually triggers unlocking the Ex raid though? As I said, it feels very arbitrary.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't have much difficulty last event at all tbh. This one with the giant cross-cross attack that just destroys your CPU controlled team because they refuse to get out of the attack path is infuriating. And then the giant circle attack with such a small window to avoid it.. it's crazy. I find it so difficult to make it through with everyone living.

Does anyone know what actually triggers unlocking the Ex raid though? As I said, it feels very arbitrary.

You want a full team of people with 100%'ish Bog Resistance. For the first day, I only had one on my team at 100% so I made that the character I controlled. For every other unit, I got them to at least 50% resistance with mana circles and then supplemented that with the event Wyrmprint that provides 40% resistance. Leveled them up with mana gained from the event rewards and whenever a unit hit 100% naturally, I swapped the Wyrmprint for one with Dragon Shift prep. At around 12,000 team might, the AI characters stopped dying. On top of that, destroying the raid boss' claws reduce the number of lines in the cross attack. People for the most part go after the right arm first.

Ex Raid triggers randomly, on average it is once every three runs.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Thanks for the insight! That explains why it feels arbitrary! Haha.

My green teama is 11747 with Mushasi rather than Addis in but I did see some people mention that Hawk kinds sucks so perhaps I could swap him out. I did get the new 4* sword user for the event but have not upgraded him yet. I have anywhere from 50-100% Bog resistance on my team but it hasn't seemed to help a ton! Might just need a wee bit more health and the like.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Hawk not only kinda sucks but also 1. is force strike-focused so he'll be less useful on AI, and 2. is also freeze resist to begin with.

My event team is Musashi/Lowen/Addis/Eleonora, but with almost 15k might so that helps cover any issues.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
I'm running Ranzal, Su Fang, Louise, and Addis right now. Not sure who I should replace with Maribelle since I got her from the 5 star voucher. Never got Lin You :/

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Does this game get more interactive and strategic at some point? Just made it to chapter 2.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Cleared out the event on my F2P no pulls account

Here's the team load out I was using by the end:

Dragon Arcanum still best in slot for the AI to get insta-dragons if you want to maximize DPS or go for epithet. Leveled up my dragons to 75 and gave Ranzal the 5*T2 axe for a damage skill since 4*T3 just gives a defense up buff.

Overall, I think the event was decent. I like Su Fang's character, and I feel this was the best event in terms of focusing around the welfare character since the introduction of ensemble stories featuring the gacha characters as well for raids. Resplendent Refrain had Elias feeling like backup for Lucretia in a narrative and literal sense gameplay-wise, while Fortune from Afar seemed centered around Ieyasu compared to Botan. I personally prefer this time around where Su Fang felt like a protagonist in his own self-contained story, and everyone else was supporting cast.

From a reward's perspective, I think both the dragon and event Wyrmprint are real good. The dragon dramatically lowers the barrier to HBH for healers, which could really only be done with MUB Poseidon or Poli'ahu before, so having a free dragon also be a somewhat viable option is great. The event Wyrmprint is also great from the precedent it sets. It already allows someone like Su Fang to get 100% Bog resist for High Mercury once the 2nd Wyrmprint change is implemented, and it also means Elisanne might be able to get 100% resist for HBH and be more meta later down the line. Su Fang himself is simply decent, better than Elias and probably about as good as Celery because of their similar kits, though Botan remains my favorite gameplay-wise.

Some changes I like is changing max Gold emblem rewards from 6K to 5K, increasing EX gold emblems output from 100-ish to 140-ish, and rewarding blazon tickets from killing the tail. It heavily reduces the usual raid grind significantly. Oh, and the getherwings change was great for raids, barely any queue times. The only potentially iffy thing is that host times are noticeably longer during reset as people try to get that daily out of the way, but it's still nowhere near as long as it used to be. Overall, looking forward to the next raid event, and hope it gives out similar rewards.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Somehow got sucked into this. Started playing a week and a half ago or so and I've wound up pulling eight five-star adventurers (two wound up being Eldwater); I'm to assume that's on the lucky side of things. Still, wouldn't be a gacha game if I wasn't concerned with power AND aesthetics, so of them I'm only using Mikoto so far. Only one five-star dragon in the form of Long Long, though. And then a bunch of five-star Wyrmprints that torture me with their appearances.

Seems to have a fun enough grind to it. I'm sure I'll get sick of it sooner or later, but in the meantime I really need a good fire dragon...

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
Somehow got sucked into this. Started playing a week and a half ago or so and I've wound up pulling eight five-star adventurers (two wound up being Eldwater); I'm to assume that's on the lucky side of things. Still, wouldn't be a gacha game if I wasn't concerned with power AND aesthetics, so of them I'm only using Mikoto so far. Only one five-star dragon in the form of Long Long, though. And then a bunch of five-star Wyrmprints that torture me with their appearances.

Seems to have a fun enough grind to it. I'm sure I'll get sick of it sooner or later, but in the meantime I really need a good fire dragon...

nice, same amount of 5* adventurer as day 1 player like me.

And the fact that you manage to pull 6 different adventure in just 2 different banner is astonishing.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
nice, same amount of 5* adventurer as day 1 player like me.

And the fact that you manage to pull 6 different adventure in just 2 different banner is astonishing.
I take it that it's less "on the lucky side" and more "obscenely lucky", then?

Specifically, they were Xander, Lily, Julietta, Mikoto, 2 x Hawk, and 2 x Annelie.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm running Ranzal, Su Fang, Louise, and Addis right now. Not sure who I should replace with Maribelle since I got her from the 5 star voucher. Never got Lin You :/

I think either Louise or Ranzal. I haven't paid attention, but does the boss get poisoned? If not, then I think Louise might be better to replace since her kit revolves around poisoning and getting defense buffs from Lowen, so she loses a lot of DPS otherwise.

Hawk not only kinda sucks but also 1. is force strike-focused so he'll be less useful on AI, and 2. is also freeze resist to begin with.

My event team is Musashi/Lowen/Addis/Eleonora, but with almost 15k might so that helps cover any issues.

On top of that, Hawk's passives and main skill revolves around stunning, so he effectively is only there to do a lackluster S1 for this raid without any passives or S2 if you're not controlling him. I think his niche is solely in Water IO and any future stunnable/freezing content.

Does this game get more interactive and strategic at some point? Just made it to chapter 2.

You'll get a better feel for it once you've gotten Luca and have co-op unlocked, mainly the new raid event. You'll get a better idea on the game's interactivity then against the raid boss. I'd say the biggest other avenues are the High Dragon trials for endgame, challenge battles in facility events, arguably Master IO up to a certain point, and the upcoming Void battles coming out later this month.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
I take it that it's less "on the lucky side" and more "obscenely lucky", then?

Specifically, they were Xander, Lily, Julietta, Mikoto, 2 x Hawk, and 2 x Annelie.

yeah, it is filthy luck.

You need to take a good luck of that account dude.

I'm surprised, where is Lin You though? 8 5* adventurer in Lin You/Annele banner and no Lin you?

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I think either Louise or Ranzal. I haven't paid attention, but does the boss get poisoned? If not, then I think Louise might be better to replace since her kit revolves around poisoning and getting defense buffs from Lowen, so she loses a lot of DPS otherwise.

On top of that, Hawk's passives and main skill revolves around stunning, so he effectively is only there to do a lackluster S1 for this raid without any passives or S2 if you're not controlling him. I think his niche is solely in Water IO and any future stunnable/freezing content.

You'll get a better feel for it once you've gotten Luca and have co-op unlocked, mainly the new raid event. You'll get a better idea on the game's interactivity then against the raid boss. I'd say the biggest other avenues are the High Dragon trials for endgame, challenge battles in facility events, arguably Master IO up to a certain point, and the upcoming Void battles coming out later this month.
Thanks I'll keep pushing forward then.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Valentine's Orion and Ezelith?

Please tell me Orion is one of the dateable options.

And if the Valentine's tales are anywhere near as funny as the castle stories this event is going to be hilarious

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...I guess that means no facility, then? Interesting.

maybe not actually good, but interesting

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Event ends really early (even for a short month like February) on the 22nd.

Yeah, just saw that. I'm thinking that might be to have some extra downtime so they can introduce Void fights without people having to care about an event, though. We'll see.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
Interesting. I like how the event isn't just the same old facility event. Maybe you unlock new costumes for the characters depending on what "dates" you choose? No facility is strange, I'm assuming this will be a fire advantage event and there's no facility for fire/dark... But 2 for light. I guess we'll see. I honestly don't mind a short and less intensive event, I've really been slacking on IOs and I'm getting to the point of the high trials.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
No facility is strange, I'm assuming this will be a fire advantage event and there's no facility for fire/dark... But 2 for light. I guess we'll see.
The title of the event use the colors of all five elements so it'll probably not be centered around a single one. Actually the wording of "available in all active quests" make it sounds if the roses are dropping from permanent content like IO/Avenue/....

It's good to see something different this time anyway, though Euden and "choosing" doesn't go well together.

Status
Not open for further replies.