• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Which fire 4* hasn't had a turn yet? Looks like Ifrit (ignoring dragon banner)?

...possibly ending up with (past-)MUB Ifrit then, which would at least let me make Cerberus 1 UB after all this time, I guess...

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Hildegarde looks to be really nice but I already have Verica so it's not as though she's needed. Ezelith looks cute, but she's the same element as her 5* and since I already have that one I couldn't run both at once. Don't care about the guys at all. Hmm, saving for the next Dragalia Fest might be easier than I thought...

So I wake up this morning and just logged into my game just to see who did they add into the game for Valentine Day. OH Maybe they will against the norm and give us a 5* healer in Grass/Dark/Water.

Because Fire/Light have the best healers in the game and wouldn't make sense to stack those attributes with even more healers. So to my distraught I see Hildegarde....I am thinking "OH YES", and then I see she is still a 5*, I said "Fuck yes!!!!". And she is still a healer (OMG THANK YOU!!!). Now I am looking at her attribute thinking "Just maybe finally she went to the dark side or Even a Grass type...." So look and Lo and behold she is a fire type....

That just pisses me off...DANGIT, I was in it for the long run. This was my expected moment...I wanted a healer and all I got was this fire type!!! It's like Hildegarde kicked Verica in the chest and then told her "NO Verica, you can't be #1 in any category, especially FIRE...now you go and retire yourself permanently while I dominate in your own attribute".

Eventually They will make a Hildegarde for every element attribute before then end of the year, you can quote me for this!!!!

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'll add to the bummer that is the class reveal. So unnecessary to make her a fucking fire healer and another bow user? I expected better!

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. It works out well for me because I don't have a fire healer or 5* fire dragon yet. Hopefully, my pulls will be good for this event.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
It's REALLY debatable V! Hilde is going to be the defacto fire healer for HMS, especially for pubs, because 1) she doesn't cure stuns 2) she only has one heal in her base kit, 3) she has far less healing potency even with a better co-op ability and 4) energy stacks gets removed when you're afflicted. I think she has her place and might be optimal for teams like 3x Mikoto's or Mikoto/Euden/Vanessa where everyone has stun resistance, but it remains to be seen how well she performs with sleep resist characters like Ezelith, Naveed, and Sinoa. Sinoa is especially relevant because Sarisse/Sinoa is an insane clear combo, made potentially even better with the fire husbando so Vanessa isn't required to always survive roulette thanks to his wind resistance. I think V! Hilde will still be good, but potentially more as a side-grade to Verica than a flatout replacement, especially if you prefer pubbing over pre-mades. If D! Cleo has proven anything, it's that 5*'s limited's aren't always created with the intention of being the best for current endgame content.

On the topic of her being a fire healer, I think it's fine, because right now Verica is the only fire healer for HMS, the content the majority of folks haven't even cleared yet (Lowen and Hildegard also have confirmed clears, but that requires max whaling). While 4*'s are more likely than 5*'s, it's still completely possible some people still don't have Verica since she's never been on rate-up, and that just becomes more and more likely for newer players as more 4* adventurers get added.

Personally, I love Verica, but after MUB-ing HMS and slowly working on the Fafnir Wind Statue, I'm looking forward to having a different adventurer I can use to heal for HMS. Also, if they're gonna add another water healer for HBH, I'd rather it be a permanent addition to the pool rather than a limited. It's WAY more likely a 5* water healer will be a straight upgrade to Thaniel who has a fairly sub-optimal kit compared to Verica who honestly is overkill with how much healing she does, so restricting that water healer to being limited would not be ideal.

Oct 25, 2017
I dont want to miss the limited heroes but...ugh there just isnt much for me. God knows I used up all my luck getting Luna in E7 tonight anyway

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm here for the salt mines/ "I'm quitting this game. I want the wrymprint and I know that isn't happening.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
Got Valentine Medusa from free ticket in GBF and got Valentine Hildegarde in 2 10fold.

My luck is good, i think i can now pull for SSR Real Girlfriend

/sadlyfe

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
two 10 pulls in, got the Ezelith and Orion pulls
pretty decent. hopefully i can get enough WM /luck to get Hilde

EDIT: Also just got Louise with my Daily Single Pull
so i'm actually pretty happy now, even though tier wise apparently she got lowered

EDIT 2: Did all of my dailies, decided to do another single pull, and got VHilde!
I am now done. now to save up for whatever the next banner is

Last edited:

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Went from 20k wyrmite to 8k.

Didn't get Valentines Hildegarde or Prometheus, but I DID get Mikoto!

Also got V!Ezelith, V!Orion, Marty, Cibella, and Berserker.

Also finally got my final 4* Dragon with Juggernaut and managed to snag 'The Chocolatiers' wyrmprint which could end up pretty good.

Overall, it was a pretty good haul even if I didn't get the showcase 5* adventurer.

MAY pull at the end, but my gut tells me it's smarter to ultimately hold off.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up, if roses are stamina based, they are in fact not calculated for 20 on Master Fortune like exp/friendship. Got 75 per run there vs 140 (or 141) per for Expert IO just now.

Summon-wise did my daily + 9 singles so far but got one of the new 4* prints, a 5th Vody so he's MUB now, and V. Ezelith + Orion. So off to a good start.

At least I can probably MUB Phoenix now since she's rated up...? Possibly even have worthless dupes too, but. If I can't get Prometheus, I'll hope to at least have smoother HMS runs, I guess.

don't fuck me over, desire sensor

Yeah didn't get shit but the chocolatier lol

Congrats on getting the supposedly best 5* print.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, at least for Expert and Master IO it looks like you get 7 roses per stamina used (140 and 175 respectively). That means Master Fortune has a rate of 5 per instead.

I did some quick math and then counted up the costs of the stuff in the shop in my head, and... I think that as long as your energy isn't full for a ridiculous amount of time (and leveling would probably make up for that anyway), farming IOs just with what energy you naturally get should cover the entirety of the big stuff? And probably the rest, too, honestly, since stamina alone covers most of it to begin with; I'll make a spreadsheet tomorrow and double check.

EDIT: Also, if you use your wings on high dragons- sounds like HMS is 280 (so 5 per) and since that's 5 wings, that's compared to ~438 from 2.5 runs of Master IO. You might be fine even with just that, though; I'll do that math tomorrow too...

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't going to summon since I have Ezelith as well as Verica, but figured I'd do ten single summon tickets as well as ten pull vouchers until I get a rainbow (up until the three I have, no wyrmite would be spent). Ten single summons gave me nothing, but the ten-pull voucher gave me both of the new 5* wyrmprints as well as Lin You. WHen I saw the axe drop I was worried it'd be Julietta since I already have her thankfully it was not.

As much as I'd like V.Hildegarde, I'm going to call it here.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Did my 3 Weekly HMid Pub Clears with V! Hildegard

V7Keei0.jpg

My initial impressions are that she's probably better than Verica in experienced pre-mades and full stun-resist teams, while Verica's slightly better for pubbing and less skilled groups. The biggest thing is that groups with Ezelith were really iffy since she was basically 100% dead if she's ever stunned. On top of that, I feel V! Hildegard needs the 4*T3 for the emergency heal when pubbing, while Verica can use 5*T3 for more DPS since she already has an emergency heal in her base kit, while still having the option to use the 4*T3 for 2 emergency heals, which you sometimes need for particularly unskilled pubs. I feel Verica is just more flexible because of just how much pure healing she has, while V! Hildegard trades that for more damage potential.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Well, after doing a whole bunch of single summons for squat. I did my first 10-pull, and somehow got cute Dragon Boy Prometheus right out of the gate. :D

But sadly after several more 10 pulls that really was the only pickup. Just Valentine Ezelith and Orion, though nothing to write home about there. Hildegard would have been nice for a nice Fire Healer I still do not have, but oh well. I'll take what I can get and having a nice 5-star Fire Dragon works.

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
My 1st SIngle Ticket Pull got me the 5 Star Dragon, my 3rd STP got me Chocolatiers, and my second 10 Ticket Pull got me a second 5 Star Dragon, the first 10TP and the rest of my STPs had nothing.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Used all I had and got 2 off-banner 5* Wyrmprints and finally got V.Hildegarde on my last pull.
The one event where I was actually okay getting Wyrmprints and I ended up getting crappy off-banner ones lol
Got V. Ezelith as well. Hope I summon Orion on my dailies

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
I got Valentines Orion on one of my pulls and didn't notice until I went to check the stories of the new characters I got.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Never have I been so lucky! First 10 fold got prometheus. Then on the 4th tenfold...

52253319_403748423763308_736727804846014464_n.jpg

Still don't have valentine ezelith tho.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The one time where I want a 5* wyrmprint, I don't get any...

Nonetheless looking forward to Void.

DzWnN4GU0AEWmkU.png

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I found the Choco Golem in a quest earlier but it has a lot of HP and moves around a lot, didn't manage to beat it in time

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
I found the Choco Golem in a quest earlier but it has a lot of HP and moves around a lot, didn't manage to beat it in time
Yeah, I think I found one too. Didn't have enough dragon prep to fight him (was in the Elemental ruins with auto on, so no special attacks either), but hope to be better prepared next time.

On the brighter side, I decided to use up my 11 singles, and maybe a 10 pull (I am weak, and cannot wait until gala anymore!), and managed to get Prometheus on the 2nd and 8th pulls! I didn't even use the 10 pull yet, as I'm afraid it will just be disappointing after all that luck has been spent. Still, would love to get even just one of the Valentines units...

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
got V! Ezelith and ... Louise

I can always use the 3000 eldwater but that's disappointing when I could have used real Ezelith

it's stupid when these lesser variants are the same element as the original, cause now I have no reason to raise V! Ezelith, in case I ever get the normal one

Oct 27, 2017
Just promoted Verica to 5 stars and gave her 40 mana circles a couple days ago, of course, I get Hilde after the second pull fishing for Ezelith (which I got as well).

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
And went ahead with the 10 pull, which was respectable, with a Phoenix and a 5* Rose Prince wyrmprint. Would have much preferred the Chocolatiers, but can't complain too much. Not a single Valentine adventurer though... I suppose I could use my two remaining 10 pulls, and just save all my wyrmite (11k+ and rising quickly) for next month's Gala. I really hope i don't regret caving for Valentines when it rolls around...

Very interesting to note that the treasure trade includes silver keys and steel bricks this time, which were previously only for players paying for upgrade packs. It's a shame there are no moonlight stones, as I would love to MUB my H! Silke or Phoenix to max. This does give one hope for the future though!

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Did some pulls but no Chocolatiers. I might have to do some pulls on the last day if I don't luck into it with my daily summons.

I did get Ezelith and Orion, the other 5* limited print, and the two Phoenixes I needed to MUB my her. Got two off-banner 5* prints which makes me a little salty as this is the time I really wanted a 5* print, just not those ones!

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
It took seven 10 pulls to get Valentine Ezelith.

At least I got Long Long and Thaniel who I didn't have.

strideredge

Oct 25, 2017
Got Valentines Hildegarde and the other 2 characters. Continuing my streak of the game favoring my fire team over all other things.

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
About 7500 wyrmite spent, I went all in on Phoenix. Ended up getting 2 so I'm now one from max which I'll either continue to pull for at the end, or hopefully get from dailies.

But I'm also walking away with Cleo's Ruse, Dragon and Tamer, a Jeanne that trolled the shit out of me, and V Hildy.

Also, I have someone on my F list that changes their name depending on what is new to the game and is Husbando status.

Xandaddy
Su Fang is Dad
Dadmetheus

Last edited:

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Got Hildegard with a 10fold voucher.
It was a gold to rainbow change, so I was bummed out at first.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Got V. Hilde after use 6 single summon tickets from the last event , got what I wanted , back to saving :)

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Used the two 10 pull vouchers I saved and got Hilde. I'm glad with that, I needed a good healer, I don't really have one across all the elements.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
3000 Wyrmite and the tenfold got me Prometheus and MARIBELLE, who I didn't have and was very excited to get. Probably going to hold off at least until the trailer for the next banner. My fire team is pretty stacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.