• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The Prelude is actually really good for grinding succulent fruits and crimson cores, since it gives about 1-3 succulent and 5-6 crimson cores on top of the normal Midgardsormr orbs for 3 wings. It's a lot better than the dragonfruit amounts you get with regular dragon trials, even with the daily chests.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I believe the weeklies for it are also fruit and cores if you really need those.

...it's a shame it doesn't use dragon dailies, since I'd use it to level the dracolith thanks to the much better sphere rate. Still might, maybe, long term...

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wish Heinwald's 2nd skill gave him group vampirism on all his skills.
With no regen and only a single heal on all elemental weapons, he'll be among the worst Healers.
The only way for him to get a 2nd heal is to use Beauty's Balm...

Ginosaurio

Oct 27, 2017
Santiago, Chile
Oohhhh... the new banner is really putting me on the line for pulling on it. As a healer user on HMS, that healer looks really fun to use and a change of pace of the common healer cycle.

But... the 6 month anniversary and the Gala banner are keeping me on saving.

Last edited:

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, I've noticed that they have nerfed the drop rate for 5* anything now. used to get it within 20-30 turns, now it's 50+ and no drop. I might drop this game if that's the case. Wished I could give away my account.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I've noticed that they have nerfed the drop rate for 5* anything now. used to get it within 20-30 turns, now it's 50+ and no drop. I might drop this game if that's the case. Wished I could give away my account.
Nah you were just lucky, rates have been the same.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Nah you were just lucky, rates have been the same.

Since the last two banners, my drop rate has been attrocious. Before that, it would take about 20 to 30 turns and I would get a 5* anything. Been consistent since I played when the game first came out. Now, it feels like I am being throuttled for the last two banners. Ugh...

okita

Oct 25, 2017

This is gacha for you , sometimes you are lucky sometimes you aren't, the rates are the same and yeah it sucks when you are unlucky and don't get anything or need tons of pulls to get it

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Held off on completing my emblem rewards until today to make sure I didn't run over finishing up the dailies.

Did an EX raid and ended up with... 4,997 gold emblems. The game just doesn't want me to be efficient, I guess.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Okay, so I just dipped my toes into the HMS Prelude for the first time today with my 5* Verica (lv 80, 45 MC). I have MUB/leveled Phoenix, Fully leveled WP, MUB Ark Voyager (4.3.4), and have 16/16 Staff dojos and 30/30 Flame shrines. I think the Slime one is around 8 or 9 too. We absolutely destroyed HMS, and I didn't need to heal that much. I don't even think I was touched aside from the mandatory hits. Am I really ready for HMS on normal mode? Will I be noped out if I don't have the 5.3.0 weapon?

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
if anything, i wasnt getting any 5* in the first 3 months... im getting some since Xmas... for me they improved! XD

pure probability

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Okay, so I just dipped my toes into the HMS Prelude for the first time today with my 5* Verica (lv 80, 45 MC). I have MUB/leveled Phoenix, Fully leveled WP, MUB Ark Voyager (4.3.4), and have 16/16 Staff dojos and 30/30 Flame shrines. I think the Slime one is around 8 or 9 too. We absolutely destroyed HMS, and I didn't need to heal that much. I don't even think I was touched aside from the mandatory hits. Am I really ready for HMS on normal mode? Will I be noped out if I don't have the 5.3.0 weapon?

I have a MUB HMS solely through pubbing with Verica. Unlike DPS, 4.3.0 is better for Verica/V! Hilde because the additional heal is much more significant than the healing potency/extra stats to Strength. You're just better able to save people with an additional emergency heal. In terms of yours stats, considering people have been clearing HMS with 1-2UB Phoenix Verica's before Void trade shop moonstones were a thing, I think you're more than prepared stats-wise at least

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a certain point when players will stop avoiding me like the plaugue when I join a lobby?

Background: I installed Dragalia Lost day one; was told I was bad and should feel bad for not pulling any 5* adventurers/dragons on my initial roll; uninstalled; then reinstalled a few days ago because of the news article about Nintendo not allowing Cygames to charge players too much. It sounded like paradise compared to my previous gacha game KHUx.

I keep hearing about saving until the next Gala Event (?) so I'm just working with what I have; a light team (Odette/Ryozen/Luca/Felicia) with a might total of 8500 and multiple Dragon Arcanum equipped, Player Lvl. 42 and Facility Lvl. 146.

Should I accept my fate as a curse brought onto all players for any Expert lobby I join and continue to save my 18 Summon Tickets and 11k Wyrmite for the next Gala?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, you could share Verica's HP to be sure, but I can't see a way that it wouldn't be decently more than enough - it sure sounds like you're absolutely set to me.

The print, those buildings (minus even the slime), that weapon, 45 MC Verica, and an unbind or two on Phoenix are all you need to be solid. So having Phoenix MUB definitely puts you ahead of the pack.

And yeah, 4.3.4 is preferred for the weapon anyway. You're not there to do damage and the extra heal helps in a pinch.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
Is there a certain point when players will stop avoiding me like the plaugue when I join a lobby?

Background: I installed Dragalia Lost day one; was told I was bad and should feel bad for not pulling any 5* adventurers/dragons on my initial roll; uninstalled; then reinstalled a few days ago because of the news article about Nintendo not allowing Cygames to charge players too much. It sounded like paradise compared to my previous gacha game KHUx.

I keep hearing about saving until the next Gala Event (?) so I'm just working with what I have; a light team (Odette/Ryozen/Luca/Felicia) with a might total of 8500 and multiple Dragon Arcanum equipped, Player Lvl. 42 and Facility Lvl. 146.

Should I accept my fate as a curse brought onto all players for any Expert lobby I join and continue to save my 18 Summon Tickets and 11k Wyrmite for the next Gala?
yes. but hurry and befriend the free unit from this event today if you can first!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

Definitely hoard right now. I think the issue is that with less than 24 hours on the event, most of the geared people who would let anyone join and/or could legitimately solo the boss have finished farming the event, so the fight is now harder without them. Some folk rushing to finish might be more picky since they want more guaranteed clears to get as much event rewards as possible before it ends. I'd say just focus on getting a MUB (5 copies of) Phantom and full friendship with Felicia (MAYBE a MUB Wyrmprint as well if it strikes your fancy), since those are the only unique things from this event you can't get again until there's a re-run.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
yes. but hurry and befriend the free unit from this event today if you can first!
Thankfully, I've friendship unlocked Felicia and was able to fully unlocked the event dragon, wyrmprint x2 and light staff. :-)

Definitely hoard right now. I think the issue is that with less than 24 hours on the event, most of the geared people who would let anyone join and/or could legitimately solo the boss have finished farming the event, so the fight is now harder without them. Some folk rushing to finish might be more picky since they want more guaranteed clears to get as much event rewards as possible before it ends. I'd say just focus on getting a MUB (5 copies of) Phantom and full friendship with Felicia (MAYBE a MUB Wyrmprint as well if it strikes your fancy), since those are the only unique things from this event you can't get again until there's a re-run.
Ah, that makes sense that most players have finished farming the event by now. I'll keep saving at this point. It doesn't sound like the next Gala Event is too far away.

I've been focusing on just completing dailys and running Imperial Onslaughts to upgrade my dojos; anything else I should be working on?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I've been focusing on just completing dailys and running Imperial Onslaughts to upgrade my dojos; anything else I should be working on?

Have you done Chapter 7 of the story yet? That opens a new mode called Void Battles which has a ton of monthly stuff you should grab by trading in drops for things like Damascus crystals and 4* dragon unbind stones.

The biggest thing outside of that would be prepping for the next event, so building up dark adventurers. A lot of the 3* dark adventurers are quite solid DPS-wise like Rodrigo, Erik, and Althemia. On top of that the first void boss is light attuned, so they go hand-in-hand.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Have you done Chapter 7 of the story yet? That opens a new mode called Void Battles which has a ton of monthly stuff you should grab by trading in drops for things like Damascus crystals and 4* dragon unbind stones.

The biggest thing outside of that would be prepping for the next event, so building up dark adventurers. A lot of the 3* dark adventurers are quite solid DPS-wise like Rodrigo, Erik, and Althemia. On top of that the first void boss is light attuned, so they go hand-in-hand.
I've completed Chapter 7, but I'm about 500 might away from participating in the Void Battle.

I'll keep leveling up my Adventurers/Dragons and work on leveling my two Dark units (Cleo and Althemia) for the next event.

Thank you everyone for the help!

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Just downloaded the game today, want it to slowly replace KHUX, any quick tips for a beginner?
A fellow KHUx refugee!

Seems like the best thing to try to do by end of today if possible is to unlock the event adventurer Felicia from the "A Waltz with Fate" event by adding her to your party for quests to increase her Friendship gauge.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A fellow KHUx refugee!

Seems like the best thing to try to do by end of today if possible is to unlock the event adventurer Felicia from the "A Waltz with Fate" event by adding her to your party for quests to increase her Friendship gauge.
I'll have to give it a try.

I was actually pretty new to KHUX and did a bunch of pulls cause I had like....6000 coins saved up somehow. Got some decent characters but it seems hella complicated. Imma stick to it for story missions and stuff but thats it.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
A fellow KHUx refugee!

for your might... try mixing a team with your best units to reach the number and forget about it XD you will make them on coop anyway

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
People really hate void weapon in HMS eh?
I think it's more that people are just looking for units that pass the community-established benchmarks for HMS and aren't taking newer additions into account. I've seen plenty of Sinoas with Prometheus get noped out of rooms too despite comfortably clearing the requirements.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
In your opinions other than releasing worldwide of course. What are some ways for Nintendo/CyGames to build a larger userbase,? Feels to me like the game is a bit stagnant than growing even with all the QoL updates.

To me I feel like they should market better, all the videos and ads of it aren't even uploaded to the YT channel which is probably their biggest reach at the moment + the NoA account doesn't really do much to help

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Advertisement should be better.
Videos should've regularly been uploaded to Nintendo Mobile, there should be interactive contests (like retweet campaigns), maybe even Direct shoutouts.

But ultimately, there should be greater incentive to spend money.
Stuff like more 5 star adventurers on a banner are good in this regard.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Completed the Jumpstart endeavors, did a last ten pull on this banner hoping to get Odetta.... saw the 5 star color.

Please don't be Albert
Please don't be Albert already pulled a dupe
Please don't... arrrgh shit it's Albert again.....

Managed to get Odetta, Orion and Phoenix along with the dupe Albert, so pretty good ten pull.

Wanted Odetta, and going by gamepress (yes they are terrible; for everything it seems) Phoenix and Orion are real good.

Just wished I had got another 2 5 star adventurers...

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
can't sleep, decided to do tickets to set up pity rate for 10-20 wyrmite, got like 3 or 4 in...

and uh

NFfG7ok.png

uhhhhh

he's not the 5* I necessarily wanted but ALRIGHT

kinda pushed it by doing another 10 singles that were purely 3* and not even event prints, which is fair; will do a wyrmite 10 when it's not 2:30 in the morning and mostly just hope for a print or two to help farming

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, my last Daily Deal, 29 single tickets, and 4 ten pulls got me...
Lin You and Nyarko.

My wonderful shadow luck continues...

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
first tenpull on the banner : got Nyarla-wahetever.
Meh.
I'm cursed when it comes to 5* light and dark adventurers (0). Dunno if I should pull more...

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Ten pull was bunk, blew a few singles and got the "healer". Decent upgrade for my team. Now back to hoarding.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Spent around 10 single tickets between the end of the last banner and the start of this one. Miraculously ended up with 2 5 stars.

My 4th Nefaria and Prometheus. I only ever get 5 star fire dragons and I have a level 100 Agni RIP. He looks pretty cool though.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I spent a handful of tickets (around 6 or so) to see if I could get a couple wyrmprints to help the currency grind. It didn't result in much. Oh well, these characters aren't limited so I can potentially pull them during the upcoming gala.

Status
Not open for further replies.