• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Man, the illustrations for hitting the books are great. May be a useful card in the future too.
Unless I'm mistaken, it's a re-skin of Plunder Pals, which was one of the best event wyrmprints the game has given us so far. And in this event, we can MUB more than just one, if you get drops on the challenge battle.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Only for Boss battles, not the Challenges.

Oh yeah. Still too short and not rewarding enough for it to ve worth much i think :/

Man, the illustrations for hitting the books are great. May be a useful card in the future too.
Unless I'm mistaken, it's a re-skin of Plunder Pals, which was one of the best event wyrmprints the game has given us so far. And in this event, we can MUB more than just one, if you get drops on the challenge battle.

I think I got in in halloween so maybe I missed it

But I am def getting two of these or more

Just curious, do y'all ignore dailies when events roll around or do you just dive deep into your honey and ashes. I feel really weird leaving dailies undone but I've been burning through refill items all month trying to keep up. Luckily they were really generous with the items and i have over 100 of each of the large refill items but as a lifelong JRPG player I just hate to have to use any items lol

I just realized that I could do beginner avenue to power, since I have enough gold crystals and mana is not the bottleneck right now. That saves me 10 stamina.

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Man, got SUPER lucky with some tickets.

First did a 10-fold with wyrmite, got a dupe Lily. Then I started to unload the 26 single summon tickets.
~9 I got Liger, my first 5-star light dragon
~14 I got Curran.

Stopped there. Now I've got 3 5-star Dark units (Ieyasu and Nefaria being the other two). Wanted the healer but I'm not that greedy. Even is going well too, just need time to get this facility upgraded and I should be in good shape

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't it better to use the singles first? Dunno if the pity rates can reset in the middle of a 10 summon.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
I feel inadequate bringing my Orion to co-op when everyone brings their Ieyasu

It's the sword size

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
i just noticed that you can ALSO trade the books for the other drops! that way the boss battle would have some meaning after completing the building!

Ginosaurio

Oct 27, 2017
Santiago, Chile
Aghhh... I ended using all my wyrmite and tickets (worth for x4 tenfolds) hoping to get ANYTHING focus on this banner. Just got Zephyr and Crystal Princess WP.

Well, that's how luck works. Back to saving!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Knowing that the login bonus starts around the same time as the Gala Dragalia and all the tickets I'm going to get from this event (as well as the 25 I had from the last one) I decided to throw caution to the wind slightly and used 20 of the tickets and a tenfold summon ticket and got Heinwald!

He seems pretty neat so I'm glad I got him. The more healers the better

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'd say the Expert challenge battle this time around is a lot easier than the circus one. Got it first try on my F2P no pulls account first try as soon as I opened it. Botan being worlds better than Luca/Elias probably also helped as well.

So for newer folk, I'd say it may be best to just get 4 Event Wyrmprints (if you don't have any featured gacha prints), then give Expert a try. If you're struggling, THEN work on the facility since it gives a massive damage boost for the event which should help a lot. You can also grind out 8 copies of the event Wyrmprint so you're controlled character can have a MUB copy, which helps DPS and reward rates.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
My understanding (I don't have him but have read discussion of him) is that he's good. His skills charge very fast for a healer, and both his skills have very similar costs as well so he can almost always have his skill 2 to buff skill 1. The lifesteal healing cap is also still based on his own HP and not the party member being healed, so 16% is actually good; strength buffs are always solid even if other ppeople have to be close to him to get it. And apparently his damage by itself isn't all that bad, especially if you see that as basically "free" damage because he's just there to heal anyway...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
To compare SP costs, Heinwald's S1 is 3352, while Cleo's S1 is 5916, nearly doubled. In practical terms, Heinwald only needs roughly a little less than 2 attack combos for his S1 to be charged up while most healers need 3 full cycles, so his heal has significantly more uptime. He's arguably one of the most versatile characters we've had, since he can legitimately scale off of either Strength or HP depending on if the team needs more damage or healing, though we don't have a pure HP dark dragon to really test the limits of his healing. Someone's bound to figure out the healing/damage formula to give more specific optimal use cases.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Heinwald on a single ticket.
I'm done with this banner.

So I get to hold onto 17 single tickets and about 3000 Wyrmite for Gala/anniversary.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Heinwald needs to be constantly attacking to take advantage of his heals. All about charging his s1 as quick as possible which means doing alot of dps to be on par with pure healers.
This means that Heinwald can only shine if the player is controlling him, if under AI control then he'd just be a support that has a healing mechanism that won't be used to it's full potential.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Another issue with Heinwald AI is that his single heal is technically an attack. He'll continually use it on cool down which isn't great when he's not optimally getting charge to begin with, compared to pure healer AI who at least hold their heals until someone gets hurt. He'll treat his team buffing skill like a self-buff skill, so will also just use it off cool down and nowhere near anyone else since he's ranged. The way the DPS AI works is that they'll basically always go S1 -> S2 -> S3, then use whatever goes off cool down, so he'll usually cast his S1 before his S2, resulting in even less heals since it won't be upgraded (you'll see this with other characters as well like Naveed who should ideally be popping S2 before S1). Basically, you should treat Heinwald Ai as a wand user because he won't be healing as well as a controlled healer or even AI pure healers.

But on the positive, his S2 is also shorter than most healers S1 at 4202, so he can usually always buff it up when needed and at higher uptime than a 5916 S1 Heal when you're controlling him. He's just got a somewhat complex kit that the AI definitely won't use to its full potential unlike pure DPS ranged characters like Maribelle who just have DPS on their S1 and S2. I'd say it's a lesser form of the force-Strike buffing adventurers issue, who can sometimes have completely useless S2's as an AI if they only buff force strike.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
I'm on pace to clear the Forbidden Knowledge rewards by the end of the event, a first for me. Will also hit the amount of Royal Insignias needed for enhancing my shadow blade to 5* elemental tomorrow. REALLY hoping I can pull off the master clear, the master clear on the last facility event is the first limited endeavor i've ever missed and it drove me nuts.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, dismantled my Staff to get the damage one, and I'm down to 600k gold...
For the last 2 months, I've been hovering around 2 million, so now I'm really scared.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really looking forward to the next half off Imperial Onslaught to try out the multi skip ticket feature

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember seeing anything but I've seen it mentioned a couple times, there's a half-year celebration of some sort coming up? Is this in the news feed?

I think it was in the latest What's Next for Dragalia Lost. We know that at the very least we will be getting extra daily wyrmite bonuses like we did back around Christmas and New Years. (so about 1500~ free wyrmite over the course of a week or so) It remains to be seen if there will be anything other than that. (and the Gala, obviously)

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember seeing anything but I've seen it mentioned a couple times, there's a half-year celebration of some sort coming up? Is this in the news feed?

There was a mention of a login bonus campaign for the 6 month anniversary, starting on the 20th (same time as the Void update they previewed). We also expect the Gala to run at that time, as this event and banner both end at the same time again.

The thing we're talking about is speculation, but because there will be downtime from the normal events during the Gala banner, it would be a good time to run a half off IO and/or a 2x refresh event again. Looking at my notes, the last half off IO event was actually during the first Gala, but we don't know if that's a given this time. And I guess half off Power/Fortune like New Years may be more directly helpful for new users, so maybe it'll be that.

So it's reasonable to expect something along those lines, even if it doesn't end up being as good as the ideal half off IO. Well, ideal is half off IO and 2x refresh, but I shouldn't be that greedy.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Would Cleo's Ruse or Heralds of Hinamoto heal more with Heinwald?

Well, he's going to heal less with Heralds because his lifesteal is capped by a % of his HP, so skill damage doesn't increase the heal, right?

Now, if you want to think about the skill haste- he already gets his skill 1 with 2 combos, yeah? Quick math shows that he gets his skill 2 with an extra 2 hits after that. You would have to do the math for it alone + it with a Nefaria's co-ability to see if you can cut that down by a full 2 hits; you can easily eliminate the second hit cause you only need 24 more HP, but then there's 232 more to go from there and I'm not able to % math right now. Though of course this assumes you're always landing the full combo anyway.

and that always having skill 2 without 2 extra hits is vital enough to lose the potency

tl;dr do you not have Louise's Hobbies or the V. Hilde print they gave out because unless you have MUB Ruse the unconditional potency is probably safer

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I do, but he's a unique Healer, so I'm looking to build him differently.
Though at this point, since I have enough keys to MUB both, I might as well, cause he's gonna be super fun when dual prints are a thing.

How much does he heal from the normal healing of Call of Chaos?

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I do, but he's a unique Healer, so I'm looking to build him differently.
Though at this point, since I have enough keys to MUB both, I might as well, cause he's gonna be super fun when dual prints are a thing.

How much does he heal from the normal healing of Call of Chaos?

I'm kinda bored and have some free time at work, so let's think through this a little. Here's his info.

Looks like at level 80, 45 mana (so level 3 skill), 5.3.0 weapon, MUB Nidhogg, maxed altars and library with 16/16 dojos, Volcanic Queen's stats because we're assuming High Jupiter print... he'd have 2641 HP, 1963 STR.

If I'm doing this right... his heal would do, by the healing calculator, 238-263 healing by default. Normally he'd heal about 106 more from the lifesteal, twice, before being capped, so that's 475 at most as long as he can hit for 3533. Powered up by skill 2 that 106 doubles to 212 before it applies twice, so that'd be 687 at most as long as he can hit for 2355.

You add Ruse to it in a second slot, assuming its stats are added, MUB so 13% potency buff... well, he's 2884/2032 now, normal heal is 290-310, lifesteal is ~115 twice for 540 max if he can hit 3833, powered up 770 max if he can hit 2555.

assuming I did math/input in the calculator anywhere near correctly

So... I'm not really sure he's worth building that much differently than a normal healer? Maybe I'm wrong, but at most I feel like you just want to be able to hit enough to max lifesteal... but it's not like a better option than Nidhogg exists for dark healers to begin with, so your HP and strength balance is largely decided for you. So I guess the question is if you need the second print to do enough damage to hit the cap so that the lifesteal makes up for not having buffed potency instead; if you'll already hit enough then potency is better? And I feel like hitting the cap won't be too bad... especially if you're always using skill 2 first, since that lowers the requirements (9% damage has to hit 8% HP, instead of 3% to hit 4%) and buffs your strength too.

EDIT:

oh also... assuming skill haste is literally an SP gain multiplier, then simply having Nefaria in the party would get you skill 2 in 2 combos thanks to her default +8% co-ability

MUB Heralds is 5%, which would require another hit still

Last edited:

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Haven't really tried master challenge yet, only did it twice, but I am pretty sure with a bit of practice and level 30 facility (currently 21) this won't be hard.

On that side: I got 4 Keys and 4 Stones. Should I MUB Marishiten and Herald of Hinomoto? It's not like I could get any more copies anytime soon, and both are rather good.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
With Nefaria (at 8%) and Heralds of Hinomoto, I don't think I get it in 2 combos.
It's hard to judge, due to the frenetic nature of Challenge though.

Nefaria should be ok for High Jupiter, assuming he can still be Blinded, and then 20% will be really good though.

I think the tradeoff with extra damage will be worth it, but I'm gonna MUB both and see how it goes. Though staying at 70% might be more difficult at endgame.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I tried the master difficulty at facility level 21 on my lunch break as a blind run. Got it down to about half health which is better than I thought. At level 30 and with my good Wyrmprints and better team comp I think I'll be able to do it this time

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
Haven't really tried master challenge yet, only did it twice, but I am pretty sure with a bit of practice and level 30 facility (currently 21) this won't be hard.

On that side: I got 4 Keys and 4 Stones. Should I MUB Marishiten and Herald of Hinomoto? It's not like I could get any more copies anytime soon, and both are rather good.

yeah, the best use for stones etc is in the limited stuff. at least you wont be getting those from any random pull. (H.Silke&Marishiten for me)

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh limited stuff is "safer" but I would still save those stones. A MUB Marshiten does little for you if High Jupiter doesn't exist, or if he does but you don't have anyone that fits her to fight him with. Or if you pull multiple of Nya and you could have saved stones unbinding him instead. And so on.

As always, not really a good idea to spend sunstones unless you can immediately fight a high dragon after doing it.

With Nefaria (at 8%) and Heralds of Hinomoto, I don't think I get it in 2 combos.
It's hard to judge, due to the frenetic nature of Challenge though.

Nefaria should be ok for High Jupiter, assuming he can still be Blinded, and then 20% will be really good though.

I think the tradeoff with extra damage will be worth it, but I'm gonna MUB both and see how it goes. Though staying at 70% might be more difficult at endgame.

A lot of the SP is gained in the final hit - looks like first 2 hits get the same value, 3rd hit is 1.5x, 4th is 2x, 5th is 3x. So if you don't land that you're missing more than a third, you don't get the last two you're missing more than half, and so on.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've fallen in love with Heinwald.
Gonna be my first tier 3 user (I decided to tier 2 every other class first).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So I kind of got frustrated in my single tickets not giving me anything and my pity rate (along with daily pulls) was sitting at around 5.50%. I ended up using my ten-pull tickets that I was saving for the next gala since I hated my pity rate being as high as it was. First two tenfold gave me absolutely nothing, but the final third one gave me a rainbow.

Curran.

Obviously it's better than a wyrmprint, but considering I already had Sazanka promoted to 5* and who's also an axe user, I was hoping for Heinwald who would have been someone completely different. Still, it's a 5* adventurer so I can't be too upset, and I'll definitely raise/use him. Maybe there will be times where he's more valuable than Sazanka.

I'm still looking okay for the next gala, as I have a lot of wyrmite saved and I'm guessing we'll be getting more with the half anniversary login summons. It's nice to have a natural 5* dark adventurer now, at least.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I think Sazanka is neat but if you are fighting something that isn't susceptible to Sleep then her second skill becomes absolutely useless, in which case Curran is better for the pure DPS

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Bleed's also not as useful once you have several people applying it, since you can only have 3 stacks at once. I saw someone suggest that he'll probably be particularly better for High Jupiter teams with 2 Ieyasu for that reason, and that makes sense to me.

his skills are apparently also pretty cheap + strong so he should be very solid DPS, if not particularly interesting to use

...I haven't really gotten a chance to mess around with him yet since I like using ranged for challenges so he's just been AI, but I should probably try him out on something, hmm...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, he definitely seems extremely solid, just not who I was particularly after. Still, it's better than getting a duplicate adventurer or a wyrmprint, so I can't complain at all. His story bits in the event made me laugh too, so there's that. I'll have to level and try him out and see how he compares to Sazanka. I doubt I'll run both at once since their abilities stack. :/

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
He does have the niche of being a better AI teammate/auto-er since he doesn't rely on force strikes in his kit like Sazanka does. He actually has the third highest Strength in the game right after Ieyasu/Mikoto since he's classified as an Attack unit vs Sazanka's Defense typing. His S1 locks onto an enemy similar to Albert's S1 so he'll basically always reliably land it. Having Defense down on his S1 is arguably less good than bleed, but it's comparable, and they can both be applied unlike normal afflictions so there's still decent reason to run both, especially if you're controlling Sazanka. He might just inherently be your best Dark DPS option depending on what you have, even without the co-ability benefit since those aren't incredibly impactful until they're invested in.

Sazanka still has her bleed potential on top of sleep inflicting, which is especially useful for the master challenge boss for this event. The major benefit to buffing force strikes is that she'll also do more Overdrive bar damage, and her S1 has better mob clearing utility. I think they're both pretty solid and fulfill pretty different roles despite both being Axe characters.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good to me, I appreciate the write up! I might just run em' both then (since my dark adventurer's are...lacking). It does mean working on another 5* axe though, but then I had one of each branch since I was on the way to making a wind axe for Lin You and a light axe for Julietta. I could just work on the axe I was going to give to Julietta, although the skill on that one doesn't really help him. I really wish you could pick and choose the skills on the weapons.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Since you'd only run them both on solo content, I think it's fine to give him Julietta's axe since it's not like the AI optimally builds up SP enough to use it more than once or twice anyway. You could also build him a MUB 4*T3 now that steel ingots are so plentiful, which would give him a pretty decent dark axe with a third damage skill at a much cheaper price.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, a 4* T3 is definitely an option as well, I didn't realize the dark axe had a damage skill on it. Nice! I might go that route depending, I'll have to see what my material supplies look like. I haven't used an steel ingots yet, so I should be okay on that.

I'm kind of hesitant to work on 5* T3 weapons with matching elements and a skill that doesn't suit that character (but then, I'm sure eventually I'll pull an adventurer to make use of it). It's kind of why I'm hesitant to evolve to T3, and have kept them at T2 just so I can use them across a bunch of different characters (since they don't have an element attached to them). Granted I could still use a light lance for both H. Elisanne and Xainfried, but I'd be missing out on a lot of stats on the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.