• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Yeah, there's really no reason to build 5T3's unless you're going for High Dragons really, so they're just a luxury for other content. I'm really just building them on my alt account since I have over 20 Twinkling Sands that are just collecting dust at the moment. Everything outside HDTs is pretty doable with just 5T2's or 4T3's.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, so my first two pulls was a hilgarde and a Leviathan, both are extreme needs. But would perfer the dark characters. Well onward with more pulls.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yay, Cleared Master for the 500.
Nefaria had to go and die though...

And Nefaria lived now.

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, looking at the price of diamantium it seems pretty steep? Like the highest price only nets you 2 and 4/5 multis while the same price gets you 5 and a half multis n fgo

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, looking at the price of diamantium it seems pretty steep? Like the highest price only nets you 2 and 4/5 multis while the same price gets you 5 and a half multis n fgo
Don't use the diamantium on multi-pulls, just do the daily summon on banners you like and call it there. Multi's just aren't worth it.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of glad it isn't worth it, as it makes it a lot easier not to spend on multi-pulls and just do my daily ones slowly over time. You get a lot of worth out of it this way, and it's not as though it takes long to amass a bunch of free currency. There's a nice balance to it.

That being said, when they do the eventual Surprise Tickets, that's when I'll really start spending.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
veyyKOVh.jpg

I think this every time I use it

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
So I bought one of the welcome packs with the 5* voucher, got it from my non limited box and uh

Where did it go?

I can't see it anywhere.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Oh ok. I actually thought I used it because the 10 summon I got from the pack gave me Louise lol.

So should I save it or use it? Like it won't pull limited servants right?
I would just use it now, the list of units will likely be increased in the future but by that point you will likely have pulled more 5* units increasing the chances of a dupe.

You will never pull any limited units or current banner units as it has a separate, specific pool it summons from

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in dire need of help to beat the Master Challenge. I am currently running (all fully leveled and 40mc, except 45 on Hilde):

Sazanka as main, with 4.3.4 axe, MUB and leveled Juggernaut, MUB and leveled event print
Nefaria with 5.2.4 bow, level 65 Juggernaut, MUB One with the Shadows 4*WP
Hildegarde with 5.3.0 Void Light Staff, MUB leveled Unicorn, MUB leveled As the snow falls 4*WP
Cleo with 5.2.4 Staff, lv 40 Silke, MUB leveled As the snow falls 4*WP

Also, my shadow alters are 22/22, Library is 23, and my weapon facilities are all between 10-15 except for staff and bow, which are 16.

As you can see, I'm doing my utmost to keep the healers alive (last recovery prints) so they can keep Sazanka and Nefaria alive, but they struggle once the boss goes into overdrive, and eventually die to the mobs. I have the worst luck with sleep force strikes as well, and only once managed to survive (alone) to break him, but didn't have enough DPS to finish the job.

In the wings, I have Botan (70/40mc) and possibly Verica (80/45mc) waiting to swap in, but I've tried a few combinations, which didn't go over as well as the current one.

Any analysis or suggestions, even in broad strokes, would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I've subbed Verica in for Cleo, and things are going a little bit better. Still need more DPS to finish before time up though. I'm giving lots of thought to making Sazanka my second promoted 5*...

Last edited:

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
So are staff that get dropped during the challenge owrth using?
usually thats the basis for the clasical 4* and 5* weapons. considering that you probably dont have the smithy leveled yet, they may be better that the ones you are using for some characters. consider that the staff from the last event (3* light staff) is only worth using with light units, as the rest wont be able to use the skill and wont be recieving the "same element bonus" from using them.

long term these weapons would be really useful, just check if once leveled up are better than the ones you are using right now for inmediate change or just storing till you can use them properly. (they will be great also to reach certain might thresholds while in early game)

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok. That's good to know.

Also I've really been considering bringing odetta to 5*, she definitely seem worth it for her tier 5 co-ability and also I like her as a character.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
I managed Master last night and I don't think there's any way I could have pulled it off with two healers, I barely had the DPS as it was. Team was Ieyasu, Sazanka, Botan, and V.Hilde. Having a friend Sazanka helped a lot too because her skill sucks in enemies, making a couple of the waves basically vanish instantly.

Oh, and when the boss goes overdrive, I switch to my Sazanka and spam her sleep ability if possible. The time I succeeded in finishing the quest, I didn't actually manage to sleep the boss at all, but if you can pull it off it will be a huge help since there's no good way to otherwise keep your AI from getting pummeled by the purple AoEs

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think the best Helper for this is either Verica or Valentine's Hildegard.
That way you can focus more on DPS. Though Heinwald makes this much easier, of course.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I'm kinda tempted to replace Nefaria with V. Hildegarde and run a team of:
Ieyasu
Sazanka
Heinwald
V. Hildegarde

That way I technically have 2 full DPS, a mixed healer/DPS and a full healer

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I was able to do it with Heinwald, Sazanka, Orion, and Nefaria.
Heinwald 37/MUB, Nefaria 80/45, Sazanka and Orion at 70/40.
All tier 5.2 weapons (MUB).
Verica Helper.

You don't need 2 Healers.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
Ieyasu-Sazanka-Kleimann(5*)-Verica with a Verica helper allowed me to beat it with a good amount of time to spare with a level 24 facility. The Verica or V!Hilde helper is definitely crucial.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
If you have multiple Hitting the Books does anyone know how they handle the bonus? It doesn't seem to be a case where you have your base * 1.25 * 1.25 * 1.25 (with 3) and it doesn't seem like the bonus is multiplied by itself for the additional books.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Whew, cleared the Forbidden Knowledge rewards. I'm very burnt out on running the challenge now lol so I won't be clearing the treasure trade out, but I got all the limited items and a good amount of other materials. Just gonna do the daily stuff for the event now while I finish up the Library and get a few more Extra boss battles in. Managed to resist doing any pulls besides my daily deals, too, so I have a nice little stockpile started for the next banner if it interests me: 20 vouchers and just enough for 3 tenfolds, to start. Hopefully peoples expectations of the upcoming login bonus are accurate and we get some more pulls :)

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked this last event, so give me more of this

Felicia and Phantom event was kind of meh but the ending was sweet

I like the events as long as they are not stupid holidays. Euden went a few solid months just being going to concerts, having like three new years, xmas, valentine. Look, the guy should be sieged on all sides by his insane family

give me more main plot

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Void was a solid addition but not really as long lasting for me as I hoped because there's not really a lot for me to work towards weapon-wise. Hoping the new ones next week provide a little more of that.

And whatever they're building up for next month will hopefully be significant as well.

Anyway... finally tried Master for a bit tonight. Some solid runs, some terrible ones, then one where I had 2 seconds left and was already Juggernaut and he had not only a tiny bit of health but also a sliver of OD until break, and I decided not to quit, and... nope, he broke but didn't die, half a second more would have been enough. Then after that I took a little break and came back, and immediately got a full clear with 16 seconds left, so uhhhh I'm done with that. Was running Nefaria/Sazanka/Orion/Verica; Nefaria till boss, try to blind him and do some damage, and then Sazanka for the rest to handle breaking and all that.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the Forbidden Knowledge rewards list without having a single Hitting the Books Wyrmprint drop in the Chaos's Calling Expert quest. I gave up on it dropping then had two drop back to back. RNG works in mysterious ways.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the Forbidden Knowledge rewards list without having a single Hitting the Books Wyrmprint drop in the Chaos's Calling Expert quest. I gave up on it dropping then had two drop back to back. RNG works in mysterious ways.

Did you notice it dropping during the quest? I've seen people speculate that it's only dropping from the chests at the end this time. (Which is unfortunate; I would have considered farming one or two from master's first wave again.)

I only ever had one or two drop from expert last time anyway, so I'm not surprised regardless.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Did you notice it dropping during the quest? I've seen people speculate that it's only dropping from the chests at the end this time. (Which is unfortunate; I would have considered farming one or two from master's first wave again.)

I only ever had one or two drop from expert last time anyway, so I'm not surprised regardless.
I think they came from the chests at the end. I haven't noticed weapons or Wyrmprints dropping from enemies within Chaos's Calling.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I think they came from the chests at the end. I haven't noticed weapons or Wyrmprints dropping from enemies within Chaos's Calling.

At least on Master, weapons can drop earlier because I saw some in my drop details as I was quitting runs before they failed. Not sure about Expert though, hmm.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Dreading the upcoming gala after seeing some of these videos lol.

Also is it worth to buy the token event WP to have 2 MUB WP?

Well, you can only get 8 total between the knowledge rewards and shop, so you need to get drops of it to MUB another. It's a solid print, though.

But for now you sorta only want to unbind one unless you got any of the gacha event prints. The event bonuses only double at MUB so it's better to fill every slot. Ideally you run 4 0UB (4x25%) until you can MUB one, and then run MUB + 2 0UB (1x50%+2x25%) with the same 100% buff and the ability to use a print of your choosing on someone. But time around there's 8 instead of 7, so you can MUB one and run 3 more 0UB for 125%, so that's nice of them to have done for the shorter event time.

I ended up with both a 3* (50% knowledge) and 4* (50% tomes) gacha print, though, so I'm hoping I can get some print drops to run 2x MUB + 1 0UB + gacha print either way...

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
finally got the goddamn epithet

Had to raise Nefaria from lvl 1 to 80, and get her to 40 mana circles. Once again I am bound by mana

Now back to Expert, cause not using 4 Hitting the Books cards (2 of them MUB) at the same time does not make economic sense

Status
Not open for further replies.