• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
won't get this silver fafnir unless I get two _more_ void seeds this month

I got a void seed as a drop after defeating the Frost guy. And another from the Endeavor. Um, is it one void seed as a drop for the first time you beat each Void battle? I only had two before that, and I've only done Mushroom and Steel Golem.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
won't get this silver fafnir unless I get two _more_ void seeds this month

I got a void seed as a drop after defeating the Frost guy. And another from the Endeavor. Um, is it one void seed as a drop for the first time you beat each Void battle? I only had two before that, and I've only done Mushroom and Steel Golem.
I didn't get my first Void Seed until my 20th co-op run of Void Shroom. :-(

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get my first Void Seed until my 20th co-op run of Void Shroom. :-(

I don't remember when I got mine but I found suspicious that my first run at Freeze guy got me a seed, after weeks of nothing on Golem and Shroom.

e: It was a p close fight. Addis saved the day in the end after Lowen, Louise and Maribelle bit it, in that order. Had to use the helper healer wisely.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
i got plenty of seeds, mostly from manticore and zephyr before. i got some from today.

i feel that the bosses are hard enough, they will be difficult to tackle alone. but its true that they are dropping bosses slowly to allow us to farm materials. if we have dark zephir as example, later on we will have some void agni etc. but meanwhile we can slowly farm weapons for out teams.

im completly sure that in the future we will have events that would require void weapons. maybe a raid with dull or something like that, so its not a bad idea to slowly make up for that

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm rather looking forward to the fire ghost void battle tomorrow, been a while since we've had a new enemy type it feels

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Man, where does my money go

Wanted to upgrade Addis Katana to help me with the frozen fight, which remains too close for my taste, and only have 40k in my pocket

What the hell

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
They're so stingy with the obsidian slabs.

It's weird. I guess the extra leaves are meant to be the point of fighting Obsidian - to provide a clear default for farming - and then have anti-Manticore weapons as a bonus...?

I'm rather looking forward to the fire ghost void battle tomorrow, been a while since we've had a new enemy type it feels

I'm definitely interested in it as a new enemy type, but uh... it's 9k might, and even hermit is 10k.

dunno how cool the fight will be if it just gets decimated

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It does have ranged resist, but I realized Lily is the only 5 star water that's ranged.
Can't think of any good ranged water attackers.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It does have ranged resist, but I realized Lily is the only 5 star water that's ranged.
Can't think of any good ranged water attackers.

Only water ranged to begin with are her, the 2 healers, D. Xander and Nefaria, and Waike (3* bow who's a little notable for having a bog skill).

So it feels like it's just there to keep her from cheesing with freeze but then you'd want to resist entirely to block out D. Cleo and Orsem. Though I guess if you have D. Cleo you've probably played long enough that it'll be easy regardless.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
My main issue with the new Void Battles is that they are nearly useless for veteran players.
For instance, I did Frost Hermit and Obsidian Golem 10 times each for the endeavors today and I'm probably never fighting them again. And if I'm short on leaves I would better fight Zephyr/Manticore since they drop more Seed.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
actually obsidian golem gives more than steel golem. you can get steel slabs and obsidian slabs there. so unless you are looking for steel golem cores it would be better to farm that one to make the weapons. its true that they are middle steps and not the final target, in that sense void zephir and manticore are better, but they allow for different weapons. i wouldnt rule them out just for that.

Only water ranged to begin with are her, the 2 healers, D. Xander and Nefaria, and Waike (3* bow who's a little notable for having a bog skill).

So it feels like it's just there to keep her from cheesing with freeze but then you'd want to resist entirely to block out D. Cleo and Orsem. Though I guess if you have D. Cleo you've probably played long enough that it'll be easy regardless.
i think the hard part is that it gives a strength debuff that would be easier to avoid being ranged. i think it will be trickier (also, its the first boss with 3 different drops)

Last edited:

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like Euden and Elisanne are getting married!

fqrhla5iz6n21.png

I knew my ship would arrive to the port safely

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The entirety of Naveed's adventurer story is him trying to get with Eudean, but realizing Eudean has no capability for romantic love.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I think he gets embarrassed with some of the non-Elisanne, non-Mym girls

on the other hand he is oddly insistent on seeing Elisanne's new dress -which is supposed to be the Halloween one?-
But then he also said he'd wear it if she doesn't want too.

He seems to genuinely appreciate beauty of all kinds and in different ways but it doesn't seem to have any sort of romantic effect on him

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
I really had to do a double take here. Like... What? I wish that could have been Zephyr instead but I won't complain.

D9menHA.jpg
I agree that these bosses seem kind of pointless. Need to grind Zephyr for the Fire Axe but besides that... I killed a few hermits to get the 4* Axe for Julietta and killed the Golem to get the endeavors but... Now what? Also, PLEASE USE DULL RESIST. It's incredible how many people think it's optional for the Golem.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I definitely think the weapon crafting screen needs a rework because I suspect a big reason people aren't bringing dull resist is that they have no idea where to craft what weapons from where (on top of general not checking what each boss inflicts). You can't easily tell what Void weapon provides which benefit because they need to be upgraded to show that they give dull resist for example, and not every weapon type is given an appropriate weapon from each boss so it isn't obvious which weapons are actually covered. It isn't very intuitive that you don't get to build a light bow from Zephyr drops but you can from the blue hermit despite building light weapons from both of them.

Joe Molotov

Oct 25, 2017
I agree that trying to figure out which weapons have the right abilities and the right element is a PITA. With all these new Void weapons, the menus are getting way too clunky.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to the new Fury punisher weapon, finally got the Manticore epithet. Barely made it with 59 seconds after many tries. Don't think I'm going to bother unbinding this weapon now. Would rather save the coin.

Blazing Ghost in under 30 seconds is gonna be interesting.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
My first match against the ghost and someone brought Lilly. Hopefully people get the message sooner rather than later lol

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The void weapons and bosses are getting a little messy. I saw this flowchart on Reddit:

1ejm2y0vr9n21.png

I have Lin You for the Frost Goblin and H. Elisanne/Julietta for Shadow Golem. Any shadow character can work for the Mushroom, I've been using Curran. From there, I crafted a bow for Christmas Nefaria for Fire Golem and created the sword for Euden for Void Zephyr. I also crafted the staff from the Mushroom for Veronica, in case I want a change. That's about as far as I've gotten now, since I need to wait for Zephyr to return, to craft the weapons to use for Manitcore and the the Ghost (thinking on making the axe for Karina).

So many different varying elemental weapons. My inventory is a mess. :/

Edit:

Wait, I also found this.

gv504k9wxbn21.png

I guess I can craft the weapons from the Shadow Golem to use against the Manticore? Maybe a sword to throw on Odetta or a staff for Lucretia...

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I think they need to have a separate Void weapon crafting screen, that you can search/narrow/display by effect/element/weapon type like the current weapon collection screen. Could even have stuff like these images that show what weapons are meant for which Void bosses/general purpose. That way the base weapon crafting screen can still look fine as is and the Void one can be as big as they want without it becoming as confusing of a mess as it currently is.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's a real headache trying to find out what to craft, especially since each void base as certain status's attached to them, so you need to keep that in-mind when choosing a weapon to work on too. Honestly, at this point, I think I might just work on MUB'ing the fire staff for Verica and taking it to Void Zephyr. After that, I can craft a weapon for Blazing Ghost. Keep it simple for now, as I'm working on so much at once it's getting really frustrating.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
The void weapons and bosses are getting a little messy. I saw this flowchart on Reddit:

1ejm2y0vr9n21.png

I have Lin You for the Frost Goblin and H. Elisanne/Julietta for Shadow Golem. Any shadow character can work for the Mushroom, I've been using Curran. From there, I crafted a bow for Christmas Nefaria for Fire Golem and created the sword for Euden for Void Zephyr. I also crafted the staff from the Mushroom for Veronica, in case I want a change. That's about as far as I've gotten now, since I need to wait for Zephyr to return, to craft the weapons to use for Manitcore and the the Ghost (thinking on making the axe for Karina).

So many different varying elemental weapons. My inventory is a mess. :/

Edit:

Wait, I also found this.

gv504k9wxbn21.png

I guess I can craft the weapons from the Shadow Golem to use against the Manticore? Maybe a sword to throw on Odetta or a staff for Lucretia...
the first image is a complete disaster and they are making it more obtuse on purpose. mushroom is the base for all, from that you can branch out to goblin, steel golem, and even SOME weapons with dull (but the primary focus on those weapons is "mushroom" bane).
as you said, the weapons against manticore are from obsidian golem. in the first picture they are mixing in some general weapons as prerequisite when they are not.

its super easy really, and you can see the weapon trees easyly on the crafting menu, but i agree that they should allow us to check the weapons from the info on the void bosses. (not only showing the picture of the weapon as it is now)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
the first image is a complete disaster and they are making it more obtuse on purpose. mushroom is the base for all, from that you can branch out to goblin, steel golem, and even SOME weapons with dull (but the primary focus on those weapons is "mushroom" bane).
as you said, the weapons against manticore are from obsidian golem. in the first picture they are mixing in some general weapons as prerequisite when they are not.

its super easy really, and you can see the weapon trees easyly on the crafting menu, but i agree that they should allow us to check the weapons from the info on the void bosses. (not only showing the picture of the weapon as it is now)
Thanks, I think I'm beginning to grasp all of it now.

I think this is an updated graph, which is better.

kwhzuifg2fn21.png
This chart is so...so much better. Thanks for posting it. I guess I'll just focus on creating the fire staves than, since I can use that straight through it all. Assuming Verica is decent to bring into Zephyr. I do have a MUB Phoenix, though I might need to promote my Verica to 5*...

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Woop woop, got a good character in my daily deal

Thanks for your service to this country, Halloween Altemia, you can take the costume off now
Congrats! Hildegarde is an amazing pull.

She was my first ever 5* summon when I started the game and I was initially disappointed because I wanted characters like Ezelith more, but she has been pretty much essential for every one of my teams since, and is the character I focused on most to keep her viable

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Lily can still freeze at least, but yeah, hope people learn not to bring ranged by default.

I tried bringing dragon prep with Xander this morning to see if it'd be enough to get dragon at the first break, but I guess two people would need to do it, and I lost a decent amount of damage from switching off from Shining Overlord (and more importantly, MUB Vody to 0UB Levi, to help everyone do more damage). Actually, I wonder if Jakob would be a good idea for people to bring more since he has a pretty cheap bog skill?

...I'm also bad at dodging that first strength down, like I keep just barely not getting my skill out in time, so that would have helped.

Yeah, along with missing that the obsidian weapons are meant for fighting manticore, no fricking clue why they had those water weapons for ghost in particular. Like they have abilities that buff you when you kill mobs... so...

that's even before considering that the ghost is far weaker than Zephyr and Manticore, of course

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Did animations get updated recently? Sword animation look different to me for some reason.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I got a Lily and had Worthy Rivals and Poseidon before the event (only one of each though) so I guess I should probably just save my wyrmite til the next banner but it's so tough not to spend it especially knowing it'll be a week until the next banner. :*(

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone has seen a fix for the white screen at startup? I get the Nintendo and Cygames logo, a white screen then nothing.

I was hoping for a fix by switching from an iPhone SE to a XR on a different carrier but I still get the white screen, even after restaring the phone, switching wifi Off, etc...

The game works fine on my Android tablet on the same wifi connexion.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Fire ghost isn't much trouble at all with randoms. Xander's been good for it; sword force strikes are very good and also hit to the side a bit, so you can get hits in while dodging the purple line attacks just like you can for Zephyr. Actually, maybe that's meant to teach you to try that for Zephyr? Hmm.

also hard mode is only +10 weapon storage, but I do want to eventually get around to grabbing that because my space really is getting limited... I actually bought the hard mode endeavor pack for dailies to incentivize doing hard mode finally, I just would like story to finally be discounted again first, so hopefully the anniversary provides that

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Killed the flame ghost with the exact same team as first Golem

E: oh I can put xander on it. Even easier now

Edit 2: IIRC extra space comes with some diamond, so it's not a bad deal if you want to spend money

E3: altho gamefaqs points out that you are better off purchasing the beginner pack and using the diamantum to buy storage. But O already had the beginner pack so whatevs

Last edited:

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
OMG all these lilies in the fire demon raid.

Do they not notice that they are doing single digit damage.

For real. I've gotten SO many Lilys and Dragonyule Xanders/Nefarias. The difference when you have a full team of Xander/D!Cleo/Xainfried/etc. is SO noticable. It's astounding how bad quick play can be. I would kill for them to add a checklist of sorts next to each player, saying if they resist the affliction/resist their effects. People must genuinely not know why they're doing so poorly.

I got a Lily and had Worthy Rivals and Poseidon before the event (only one of each though) so I guess I should probably just save my wyrmite til the next banner but it's so tough not to spend it especially knowing it'll be a week until the next banner. :*(

If you don't have Xander, he's pretty nice but Lily is incredible. You're much better off saving and you'll appreciate the wyrmite more in a week, beat the temptation :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.