• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I think some folk are still latching onto both CyberAgent's scapegoating and that one dude's tweets who said the game would be dead by now, especially that one guy in the news thread saying DL doesn't chart anymore when it was literally charting in every region with the dream summon and Gala. The notions will basically never die since people no longer interested in DL or actively dislike it are going to keep perpetuating that narrative it seems, no matter how much current evidence points to the contrary.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Well to be fair, alot of people did quit and haven't posted in this thread and are now posting in a general thread which is fine.
I might be in minority. Came back some weeks ago (Ranzal gala), Lost old acco due to phone having type issues (got new phone from warranty). Been enjoying my ride sofar. Obviously it helped a lot that I had incredible good luck with summons. Thus more happy about these changes that will happen.

I agree there was so much damage done earlier due to dupes giving lousy amounts of Eldwater and Wyrmprints breaking pity. Also they really should overhaul that stupid weapon crafting thing. I just noticed that I can't Enhance my new shiny bow since I Castle level 8 or something to get Forge up. Might take few months to get it. Its cool to have nice weapons which I cant fully use thanks game lol.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Those gacha changes HOLY FUCK.
The amount of eldwater I'm going to receive for the dupes that I've pulled since launch is going to be huge, and with only adventurers and dragons in the pool the amount of eldwater I receive in future is going to go up massively.

Not only that Wyrmprints just got a whole lot more powerful since they are easier to max unbind, and adventurers just got more powerful too since we will have more eldwater to spend on the 5th mana circle.

Wyrmprints dropping from quests will also make grinding more rewarding.

Such a brilliant change

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
Laranoa on Void Agni be like :

Screenshot_168.png

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Did not expect Void Agni to play like that. At. All. Damn warping dragon. Time for Dragonyule Nefaria!

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The fight is awesome, but it seems more than 1 melee is really not a good idea. Beat it with our FEH Discord group after everyone got a weapon. We even managed to beat it in under 195 seconds for the Epiteth. Melee won't deal much damage but 1 for tanking seems a good idea.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I fiddled around with dismantling some things like Albert's sword for fighting Manticore that I made on a whim, started to make a dagger, then realized I didn't have enough materials and that sword was 1UB for some reason anyway (guessing 2 cores had dropped?) so I just dismantled one of the two copies back to T1 and it became a sword for Xander

so of course after a few attempts, I immediately joined a room where I had to switch to be Verica, as always

(but that worked out well- got 2 clears with a group of 2 Laranoas + Xander, got both titles within that somehow, and I'm done for the night...)

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Ah well I'm glad I holded off on promoting and pushing adventurers to 50MC now.

Tbf a big change like this was necessary as the game was not doing to hot in Japan.

I wonder if prints from limited banner will be available too. RIP people who summoned on Valentine for The Chocolatier if that's the case.

Xainfried on rate up again was unexpected, they likely want more people to clear HBH.

Next banner presumably running from 04/18 to 4/26 seems is a little short for a raid event.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fun fight overall, I enjoy this one much more than Void Zeph. Got the epithet on first run but with a pre-made team, pub is gonna be a different story since people gotta build those resistant weapons!

The weapons from Agni are good all-around against HBH, I might build a water dagger for Orsem.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Void Agni is fun. Playing as a ranged bow or a melee is so different against him thanks to scorch. Here's a random public battle I last did (3x Xander + Thaniel):

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Void agni is a pretty fun fight. PUB rooms at least this early since people seem excited are knocking it out.

Thought I'd shoot my shot on the dragon banner since I don't really need any more adventurers at this point and it didn't go very well. 8 tenfolds got me Garuda and Heinwald who's pretty cool. Got my unbinds done on pretty much all the 4 star dragons done along the way too.

I hope they don't do the gala near the start of next month because I'd be SOL then. They postponed the shit out of the last one. I'm completely tapped.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
For Void Agni in coop. Havent tried and havent tried many Void battles (few only). Approx what power level Water unit should be?
I have Lily & Laranoa that could be used and Sig draggy.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
For Void Agni in coop. Havent tried and havent tried many Void battles (few only). Approx what power level Water unit should be?

If you're like 4.2-4.5k with the appropriate weapon it should be enough. I'd say as low as 4k is probably alright.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
I used my single tickets and a tenfold. because... why not? first summon got me a neptune. XD the rest were more or less wasted, until a dupe leviathan for food xd. maybe i will continue with singles here and save the tenfolds

also, first thing i did, was trading the aqua slime statue and 3 gold fafninrs!

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I believe Lily doesn't have a weapon for this battle so she's pretty much useless. Use Laranoa and craft the bow that has the Skill Resistance Penetrator -- ideally the Frostbillow, and you should be good if you're above 4000 might.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
If you're like 4.2-4.5k with the appropriate weapon it should be enough. I'd say as low as 4k is probably alright.
Thanks for the info.

Will do it some other day, prolly in like 2 months time. Still sub 4k club and cant Enhance weapon (5* Bow) cause stupid Halidorm requirements for Forge.

In order me to first time(!) enhance 5* Bow I need:
- Smithy level 8 (its now 6).
- Halidorm level 8?
- Fuckton of Facility levels

My Halidom is at level 5 and I have 268 Facilities and constantly using 5 Smithwyrms.

Talk about gating weapon enhancing.

I believe Lily doesn't have a weapon for this battle so she's pretty much useless. Use Laranoa and craft the bow that has the Skill Resistance Penetrator -- ideally the Frostbillow, and you should be good if you're above 4000 might.

I need to check if I can craft this or do I need Smithy level to be higher :p.
Also I don't have the receipt for Frostbillow. (Account is 3ish week old)

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I need to check if I can craft this or do I need Smithy level to be higher :p.
Also I don't have the receipt for Frostbillow. (Account is 3ish week old)

you can craft at least the snowsquall bow. It's a 3 star bow. Goes Fragrant bow>>Snowsqall bow>>Frostbillow.

You'll need to beat the Ice Hermit void boss first to gather materials (really easy as other players will likely overpower him for you in about 20 seconds).

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Dang, I just wasted all my Ice Hermit crafting materials on an axe for Karina, as I thought it would work decently, being built for Void Agni and all. It isn't. If it isn't Scorching Air resistant, don't bother with melee. Why do they even let you think it's worth making!? I wonder if it's worth building up Luther now, as I don't have other great options. Really feeling the lack of Xander and X.Cleo on my roster.

Edit: Ah well, went ahead with building Luther, so I maxed him at lv70 40mc, then made him the water dagger. Going to give it a try later today, when my wings are back.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm building a water bow for X.Nefaria. I know she's not stun resist, but she's the best I have that's ranged and water. If only I had Xander or X.Cleo...

Yeah, X. Nefaria doesn't really work. He he does that purple AOE thing I always get stunned and then the purple line destroys me before I have a chance to react. I built this bow for nothing. :/

Last edited:

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
Yeah, X. Nefaria doesn't really work. He he does that purple AOE thing I always get stunned and then the purple line destroys me before I have a chance to react. I built this bow for nothing. :/

i feel you... i wasted all ice goblin materials on a bow for X.Nefaria, while i should have tried to build some daggers for XCloe

Edit/ mmm.... i guess i still can XD different trees/materials

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
i feel you... i wasted all ice goblin materials on a bow for X.Nefaria, while i should have tried to build some daggers for XCloe

Edit/ mmm.... i guess i still can XD different trees/materials
Gonna see if her shield skill negates the stun.

Edit: Guess not.

This fight is just a pain if you don't have stun resist characters. I might just skip it for now and hope I get someone better eventually.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I got the clear and the two titles for it. It'd doable, just frustrating if I get stunned and then targetted with that AOE line attack.

Gala Elisanne when!?

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
The clear speed for the titles seems pretty generous this time. I did one clear that didn't feel particularly fast at all and was surprised to find that I got both titles.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that thread took a very strange turn. Not sure why it spurred such negativity. :/

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Daily Deal got me a repeated Garuda which is p great, since she was at 0UB until now.

Woop woop.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
With the changes coming to pulls and Wyrmprints; I now don't feel as bad for pulling 4x Thaniel (1 new) and 2x duplicate Xainfried on the Dragon Special banner using the free Anniversary Summon Tickets. I can use that bonus Eldwater to invest in some decent Wyrmprints on the 26th.

I also pulled Levi which was all I wanted from the banner and Jeanne which I didn't have.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
why the hell nobody tryes to break Agny when he goes overdrive? i cant do it on my own!!! (BTW, i love last event wyrmprint. it makes breaking bosses much more satisfying!)

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The people who have a strict dislike towards all gachas from that thread I understand since sure, predatory monetization and all that; I can see that line of thinking. Most have responded to the news positively, indifferently, or maybe one or two lines on why DL wasn't for them but like the news overall. It's some of the people who are writing entire paragraphs on why they dislike/outright hate DL and barely talk about the news itself, which seem excessively negative to me. I feel like generally most folks just move onto other gachas without much fuss when interest wanes, and don't usually develop seemingly deep-seeded resentment in the process.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
The people who have a strict dislike towards all gachas from that thread I understand since sure, predatory monetization and all that; I can see that line of thinking. Most have responded to the news positively, indifferently, or maybe one or two lines on why DL wasn't for them but like the news overall. It's some of the people who are writing entire paragraphs on why they dislike/outright hate DL and barely talk about the news itself, which seem excessively negative to me. I feel like generally most folks just move onto other gachas without much fuss when interest wanes, and don't usually develop seemingly deep-seeded resentment in the process.
There just seems to be a lot of drive-by negative posts in general lately for any topic.

The news about the summon changes are great. I know I just recently started playing Dragalia again after dropping the game at launch. The news article about CyGames blaming their finance results on Nintendo preventing them from using predatory gacha mechanics motivated me to give Dragalia another try. I'm sure these changes to summoning and wrymprints will motivate new and returning players to give Dragalia a try.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
There just seems to be a lot of drive-by negative posts in general lately for any topic.

The news about the summon changes are great. I know I just recently started playing Dragalia again after dropping the game at launch. The news article about CyGames blaming their finance results on Nintendo preventing them from using predatory gacha mechanics motivated me to give Dragalia another try. I'm sure these changes to summoning and wrymprints will motivate new and returning players to give Dragalia a try.

I'm curious as to why Cygames would public say that, even though they are insanely generous compared to other gachas, they basically point blank proove Nintendo's point by "whining" about it.

This change encourages people to spend waay more, especially with double wyrmprints. This can power up three stars that may be somebody's favorite and removing wyrmprints from the pool makes it more targetable to customize these characters.

Originally, value of dupes and prints watering down the summons (and mostly being useless) was so bad that it encouraged you not to pull.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm curious as to why Cygames would public say that, even though they are insanely generous compared to other gachas, they basically point blank proove Nintendo's point by "whining" about it.

It wasn't Cygames, it was CyberAgent, aka the parent company whose CEO scapegoated DL to not talk about how big of a failed investment AbemaTV has been for them. That article was an extension of that narrative since it was a CyberAgent official further commenting on the forecast reduction.

Last edited:

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
It wasn't Cygames, it was CyberAgent, aka the parent company whose CEO scapegoated DL to not talk about how big of a failed investment AbemaTV has been for them. That article was an extension of that narrative since it was a CyberAgent official further commenting on the forecast reduction.

This makes more since, thanks!

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017

This change encourages people to spend waay more, especially with double wyrmprints. This can power up three stars that may be somebody's favorite and removing wyrmprints from the pool makes it more targetable to customize these characters.

Originally, value of dupes and prints watering down the summons (and mostly being useless) was so bad that it encouraged you not to pull.
I found the Resetera thread about the topic: CyberAgent revises down FY9/2019 forecast, CEO scapegoats underperformance of Dragalia Lost

Thank you Numberfox for correcting me; my mistake on mixing up CyGames and CyberAgent. It's interesting reading through the comments and seeing the biggest complaint about wrymprints now being addressed.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Built the sword for Agni, still got my ass kicked for not dodging properly

I am sorry guys I lefg down in co-op

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the big problem is the lack of stun resistant water healers. Ricardt even fully Eldwatered is still only 75% resistant and can be stunned by the undodgeable attacks

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I think the big problem is the lack of stun resistant water healers. Ricardt even fully Eldwatered is still only 75% resistant and can be stunned by the undodgeable attacks

Apparently he does 75% stun, so if you really want to promote Ricardt, he would resist it.

But Verica works just fine.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
ricart can get stunned, yeah. but there are plenty of prints against that. (or just use verica if you have her...)

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I found the Resetera thread about the topic: CyberAgent revises down FY9/2019 forecast, CEO scapegoats underperformance of Dragalia Lost

Thank you Numberfox for correcting me; my mistake on mixing up CyGames and CyberAgent. It's interesting reading through the comments and seeing the biggest complaint about wrymprints now being addressed.

No prob. For all we know, Cygames and Nintendo are on the same page in terms of being good to players since most of the negative DL articles are from CyberAgent. The only official talks involving Cygames and Nintendo from Cygames' perspective have been an interview with the director where it was revealed Nintendo co-wrote the story and actively provides feedback from a gameplay perspective (which probably helps with pumping out a lot of the QoL features so far that we really liked, compared to publishers who barely play the developers' games like EA/Anthem) and another one before launch detailing Nintendo's involvement with publishing in other countries. We only officially know CyberAgent is pretty greedy and actively wanted more predatory monetization, Nintendo has been satisfied with the performance enough as is to release the game in more regions, while Cygames is known for being generous in their other gachas as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.