• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
what are your auto teams for the ice goblin? the AI does not go berserk with all the clones? XD (i have never tried that on auto)

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
what are your auto teams for the ice goblin?

Rfmx2eW.png

They can get a little stuck on copies at times but it always ends up going ok.

Prints are really arbitrary too; I basically just messed around whatever I had in my current wind team slot.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
They can get a little stuck on copies at times but it always ends up going ok.

Prints are really arbitrary too; I basically just messed around whatever I had in my current wind team slot.

Wi4Bayz.jpg

Su Ling's only job is this hermit. Got him the dedicated knife and everything.

Addis does everything else Green nowadays.

e: haven't done this for a while, prolly would replace a dragon with Golden Fafnir now

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm saying that the mention of Eliwood brings the whole "leak" into question. Ninian too, but whatever.

It seems like a lot of characters for a single dragalia event compared to the others (since the UK release of the game anyway). It's probably wrong because dragalia doesn't seem to really get leaks like that anyway, but the logic that Eliwood won't be in because he's not the most popular (whilst also admitting the fe7 base is huge?) doesn't really hold up.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I hope to be wrong, but once again, I can't see the collab having more than two units and one dragon.

I think it may actually be something like Anna or Ike and Lucina in terms of units, and then Tiki as the dragon.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, well, I said that thing about wanting light dragons after the first of these 2 pulls, but then with the second...

Finally, Cupid. Which means, along with that final Lindworm copy... after all this time, I can finally stop using Lindworm dupes and be exactly at MUB. And those Unicorn dupes means my second Unicorn is 3UB as well.

light team suddenly got a lot more solid, after always being the furthest behind dragon-wise

...also my daily was Garuda's Feather, a 3* print that I somehow never had gotten before?? and it looks like that was the only one I was missing, so... nice to have the full set before they leave, I guess

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
I hope to be wrong, but once again, I can't see the collab having more than two units and one dragon.

I think it may actually be something like Anna or Ike and Lucina in terms of units, and then Tiki as the dragon.

I do agree that 3 banner units and a dragon along with 3 free units is very optimistic. I think it's likely that there will be more than one collab over time, with one of Alphonse/Sharena/Anna being the free unit for each event.

If there are 3 banner units and a dragon I'd say it's probably Marth/Ike/Lyn and Tiki. If the dark banner is any indication, they might even have two focus units and make both of them 5*. I really doubt they'd make anyone besides the Askr trio 4*.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
It seems like a lot of characters for a single dragalia event compared to the others (since the UK release of the game anyway). It's probably wrong because dragalia doesn't seem to really get leaks like that anyway, but the logic that Eliwood won't be in because he's not the most popular (whilst also admitting the fe7 base is huge?) doesn't really hold up.
It's a Fire Emblem HEROES crossover event. The branding suggests that any representation isn't going to be focusing on a single game and that FEH original characters will likely be present. Just to be clear, my expectation is as follows:

- Alfonse and Sharena as free 4* Adventurers
- Anna appears on an event themed Wyrmprint
- Lyn and Ike as 5* Gacha Adventurers
- Tiki as a 5* Gacha Dragon

If any mainline characters are joining the game, Choose Your Legends winners from the first year are the safest bet.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
It's a Fire Emblem HEROES crossover event. The branding suggests that any representation isn't going to be focusing on a single game and that FEH original characters will likely be present. Just to be clear, my expectation is as follows:

- Alfonse and Sharena as free 4* Adventurers
- Anna appears on an event themed Wyrmprint
- Lyn and Ike as 5* Gacha Adventurers
- Tiki as a 5* Gacha Dragon

If any mainline characters are joining the game, Choose Your Legends winners from the first year are the safest bet.

Even jumping to a different game can't secure Anna an alt :(.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Most everyone really thinks we'll really see a reduction on overall items available, rather than making up for it with more Adventurers/Dragons on banners going forward?

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Most everyone really thinks we'll really see a reduction on overall items available, rather than making up for it with more Adventurers/Dragons on banners going forward?
I mean, it's rather easy to make a few wyrmprints with 1-2 pictures and an effect, compared to a single character with two attack skills, all graphics and animations, voice lines, the character story, etc. A single character or even dragon is just more work than a single wyrmprint.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Watch FEH be an event where you grind for tokens and exchange them for the characters.

I still wouldn't be surprised if we didn't have a banner at all.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, I was worried about trying Void Agni but I went in with a random group and absolutely destroyed him on my first attempt with Xander, got the Epithet too

Xander truly is the one true king. Force striked him to death and interrupted his big attack every time by breaking him

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So for those unaware, DL has an official weekly Japanese radio show. It started as DL Radio Castle with the VAs of Euden and Cleo, but I guess for the six-month anniversary they're revamping so it's called DL Radio Garden, featuring the VAs of Sarisse and Cleo, including a camera now. Somebody decided to English sub it.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My understanding is that no banner, just free characters is how Granblue handles their crossovers.

That being said, my vague secondhand perception is that your parties may vary a lot more depending on the situation/your grid (or whatever) in Granblue, where here we're mostly just vaguely limited by resistance as long as the character is good at all? So I dunno how willing they'd be to skip out on a banner, especially as FEH itself is a gacha game.

As someone with not a ton of FE attachment, I'm mostly just hoping the overall framework is neat so that there's a good precedent set for any future crossovers.

EDIT:

oh... I made a misrake

decided, hey, fuck it, it's not that much worse of a dupe chance to use this 5* ticket right now, and I have a ~15% chance of resolving my pick

...instead I got Lucretia, who is very thankfully not a dupe, but now the choice is "third 5* in light, or second in wind", which makes me even more conflicted

I'll probably go with Hilde to be safe but... woof not a fun choice

Last edited:

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it's rather easy to make a few wyrmprints with 1-2 pictures and an effect, compared to a single character with two attack skills, all graphics and animations, voice lines, the character story, etc. A single character or even dragon is just more work than a single wyrmprint.

I was thinking about this. Maybe they fucked up, and the better solution would have been to downgrade all 5* Wyrmprints to 4* and not have any 5* Wyrmprint again. That'd do away with the frustration of seeing a 5* rainbow and getting a print, and resetting the pity rates, and would keep the current content balance.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
I pulled once on this dragon banner and got Garuda again instead of Leviathan :(. Maybe next time

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I picked Hilde upon being presented with subreddit poll results showing like 12% of people are planning to use Lowen; will just have to hope that's actually true

...light was one of my weakest teams for a looong time, so it's extremely weird for it to go to being one of my strongest in a single day? it's gladly welcome, just not really what I expected to happen, beyond Hilde

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I picked Hilde upon being presented with subreddit poll results showing like 12% of people are planning to use Lowen; will just have to hope that's actually true

...light was one of my weakest teams for a looong time, so it's extremely weird for it to go to being one of my strongest in a single day? it's gladly welcome, just not really what I expected to happen, beyond Hilde
I've had that happen, once with darkness element (due to that new years event) and then to fire element sometime recently. Wind is my weakest.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Had 10 wings, spent them on extra HMS runs. Realized very strong people were rushing to finish weeklies so I tried to take advantage of it for last minute extra runs.

...of course that's when my luck ended - obviously, when you only need the 3 runs, the strong players finish that fast - but I still did much better than the past few nights which were kinda wasted spending forever on a clear or two. Got 6 extra clears done in total (including the first 2), and I was pretty afraid I wasn't going to hit my goal, but...

bless you, HMS

that's exactly enough orbs to get the final copy in 2 weeklies, no matter how bad they are, and then try to get that final weekly to be Mercury...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Twitter notifications are apparently going out now for the anniversary campain thing. I didn't win of course, but then I didn't expect to.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Which do you think would be best for future-proofing Sarisse for future challenges/bosses? Prometheus, Agni, or Cerberus?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
my DMs remain unslidden into, RIP

not that I expected it at all, but there's always the chance...

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I've been playing a bit of Epic Seven recently because the people trash talking Dragalia Lost in the recent thread on gaming side sung its praises about how much better the characters and story are.

It's a fun game and I like the combat, but the writing is awful and relies on tons of anime tropes, the second area in the game is literally a magical academy with class presidents and uniforms and all sorts of crap.

But the worst thing about the game by far is the overabundance of bouncing breasts. The sprites, artwork and literall every single thing a female character does gives copious amounts of large boob jiggle, it's incredibly juvenile.

I know Dragalia Lost uses a lot of anime tropes but the stories at least don't rely on such juvenile fanservice. And I say this as someone who finds anime like Highschool DxD amusing.

Even blatant fanservice characters like Mym have actual character and personality and aren't all just tits and ass like the characters in Epic Seven, and while some of the artwork in DL has female characters in sexy poses the characters themselves are not treated as pieces of meat despite what the waifu brigade make it appear, and to add to this we have good Male character fanservice too.

I have my suspicions about anyone who holds Epic Seven's "plot" to a higher standard than the one in Dragalia Lost

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno man, dragalia girls don't really have animated jiggle, but almost all of them either show a ton of skin or contort to show both tits and ass. Was just watching Renelle story, and also happened to Ezelith

It could be worse, but let's not pretend it's super egalitarian

Anyway I think I will stop with the daily deal now. Got two dragons so Imma stop before the game swamps me in wyrmprints of alberian flags

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing a bit of Epic Seven recently because the people trash talking Dragalia Lost in the recent thread on gaming side sung its praises about how much better the characters and story are.

It's a fun game and I like the combat, but the writing is awful and relies on tons of anime tropes, the second area in the game is literally a magical academy with class presidents and uniforms and all sorts of crap.

But the worst thing about the game by far is the overabundance of bouncing breasts. The sprites, artwork and literall every single thing a female character does gives copious amounts of large boob jiggle, it's incredibly juvenile.

I know Dragalia Lost uses a lot of anime tropes but the stories at least don't rely on such juvenile fanservice. And I say this as someone who finds anime like Highschool DxD amusing.

Even blatant fanservice characters like Mym have actual character and personality and aren't all just tits and ass like the characters in Epic Seven, and while some of the artwork in DL has female characters in sexy poses the characters themselves are not treated as pieces of meat despite what the waifu brigade make it appear, and to add to this we have good Male character fanservice too.

I have my suspicions about anyone who holds Epic Seven's "plot" to a higher standard than the one in Dragalia Lost

Sorry but that's a blatant lie. Every single new character that is introduced to the game via gacha or other means has a special side story event attached to it or was at least part of the main story and/or main story sidequests to give them a decent amount of characterization and agenda. Some characters are introduced via the achievment system after reaching certain milestones which opens up a few dozen mini stories to advance the gameplot, give background information and to foreshadow upcoming events and stories.

And obviously there is a good amount of awful offenders in terms of design like Luna and Yufine (it's a gacha game after all duh) but to say that every single female character is oversexualized is definitely not true. Characters like Diene, Angelica, Silver Blade Aramintha and many more are decently or even well dressed.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Seems some people get easily triggered by someone talk anything bad about their beloved game.

Just some clarifications from someone who plays both games actively, not every character introduced in the gacha in E7 have side stories, only the ones in the normal pool (which in number is a lot less than dragalia does and they choose different ways to present their story , dragalia present characters stories on their mana circle and you uncover it while you develop the character and E7 is like a "vitrine" to incentive you to pull for the character). ML characters don't have side stories unless you don't consider them part of the gacha for some strange reason. And in my opinion the stories are very poor most of the time in E7 , with maybe the exception of Charles story and Diene's one , not worth debate who have the worst story or the worst tropes and cliches , it will all come down to what you gives a pass or not.

And yeah Razmos is wrong about sexualization , not all of them are , he should check the in game character journal and see all characters and he will see he is wrong. But attractive characters are a cornerstone of Gacha games in general, it's one of the ways they try to make you spend , this can happen in different ways and are present in both games

Last edited:
OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
As a lapsed player, what should I focus on? I see it's mostly the same, content-wise, but I don't know if any of the major systems changed.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
As a lapsed player, what should I focus on? I see it's mostly the same, content-wise, but I don't know if any of the major systems changed.
Well Void Battles offer a way to build HMS and HBH viable weapons on a budget. And their are limited endeavors available focused on them at the moment.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who put countless hours into both games, the idea that E7 is in any way worse than DL story-wise is actually unfathomable to me. Chapter 2 is actually the single worst story example you could possibly pull from E7; literally every other chapter has more interesting things going on. Chapter 3, amusingly enough, is actually where the story starts picking up, and the strength of the main protagonist (Ras) alone is far, far superior to anything Euden possesses. He isn't just a bland, generic shounen with a personality as exciting as stale white bread - he actually has his own unique history and a view point that is somewhat alien to the people he's surrounded by, and grows considerably as a person over the course of the story.

He doesn't have a generic dragon-cum-waifu who dotes over him at every turn in the most cringeworthy of fashions. His mascot character is actually a hilarious scumbag who is fun to watch (and also useful in a fight). The people he runs into aren't all one-note personalities who exist purely to push a single trope to an excessive and illogical degree (seriously, WAY too much of DL's cast falls into this category). Additionally, there is a huge difference in the sense of geography and culture you get from a game like E7 vs a game like DL, where there are actual geographical boundaries and unique cultural identities to explore. DL has done a VERY poor job of building up its world; I literally have no idea what the world is laid out like, and outside of specific instances like the LNY event, there are pretty much no references to actual geographical locations to begin with. Shit, the cities he visits have no name, which is fucking bizarre!

Plus the way E7 handles internal politics is far and away superior to anything we've ever gotten out of DL. There's tons of political intrigue going on behind the scenes in E7 whereas DL just has... nothing, really. You'd think there'd be more discussion of internal divisions after the kingdom gets usurped by the king's very obviously possessed daughter, but there's nothing. Again, the world building is almost nonexistent. The world basically exists as a backdrop for the cast to dispatch more and more fiends. It's sad how underutilized and underdeveloped it is.

The worst part is how every goddamn side story has some kind of mandate that Euden must be involved somehow, which is a HUGE flaw in my book not only due to how boring Euden is as a character, but also because it heavily constrains the types of stories they can tell. The castle stories are far and way more interesting than any of the side stories and that's especially because Euden isn't involved in them. E7 doesn't have this problem; almost every side story, including the reputation stories, don't involve Ras in any way.

The way DL's writing in general has been handled was a major factor in me dropping it in the first place. It just... kind of hurts to read. I mean, it's just so bland and boring that I skipped a huge number of side stories because I could see the tropes coming from a mile away. The writing is absolutely one of the game's biggest failures and I remain baffled as to how anyone gets anything resembling entertainment value out of it. Even children's fairy tales often have more interesting twists and turns than DL's stories! There's nothing for me to latch onto: no sense that any of these characters are (fictional) people and not just caricatures thrown in to fill specific roles, nor any interesting twists to what is already a pretty staid formula. It just feels like a whole lot of nothing, and I wish, I wish, I REALLY wish there was something more to it.

I'll note that I still remain subscribed to this thread because I keep hoping for signs of change. Mostly, signs of change in the area of gameplay, which, as Einbroch mentioned, feels awfully stale when every single character of the same class plays almost exactly the same way. I don't really have much in the way of faith that the writing will ever improve, as baffling as it is that the writers here somehow remain employed despite their thoroughly mediocre output.
As someone who also happened to be pushed away from DL specifically because of how the female cast is treated, this paragraph in particular is especially laughable. Still waiting for DL to get a female character with the gender ambiguity of Rima, the obnoxiously bulky armor of Armin, the pleasing simplicity of Diene, the sheer distinctiveness of Nemunas, and so on and so forth. Shit, DL in particular is especially guilty of associating "warrior woman = big boobs & butt and lots of exposed skin" together which is actually offensive to me. I get a very strong sense that DL's character design team has maybe all of one woman among the team, if even that, whereas there are several characters in E7 where I get the distinct sense that a woman had to have designed her. Yeah, there's a lot of shitty designs in E7 still, but DL has that and doesn't have anything for me to get attached to.

I really wanted to like this game, man. They still have a chance to pull me back in someday, but not if they just maintain their current trajectory forever more. Something has to change among that team before I'll jump back in, and even the removal of wyrmprints just isn't enough for me to give it a second chance just yet.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

The limited endeavors right now are for fighting the blue Hermit, Obsidian Golem, and Void Agni 20 times each, which would probably be the best ones to focus on at the moment for the Wyrmite. You need to finish Chapter 7 and have Ranzal pop up in the campaign screen for Void battles to be unlocked.

26g7riw4xtr21.png

The hermit just needs an invested Wind character (if you don't have a good weapon you can farm the yellow mushroom). You need to farm blue hermit for a light weapon with dull resist if you plan on playing a DPS for Obsidian Golem, so specifically a Light Sword, Lance, bow, or axe. Similarly, you need a melee DPS with scorching air resist or ranged DPS with skill penetration for Void Agni if you're not playing a healer. As a result, you need either a water sword, katana, or dagger from the Obsidian Golem or a water bow from the blue hermit (the sword, axe, and Lance from blue hermit don't really work for Void Agni weirdly), ideally with stun resist so Verica also works for Void Agni.

Last edited:

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Apologies for pissing off any E7 players, I clearly need to play more from what you've said, the characters I did pull did actually all happen to be busty females and most of the characters featured in the story were too.
I'm also just near the end of chapter 2 so if it does get good around chapter 3 then fair enough.

I still don't agree that Dragalia Lost is comparable in fanservice though, the last bit I played of chapter a busty girl in a school uniform was getting hot and bothered because the MC was close to her, it was all very ecchi anime

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Apologies for pissing off any E7 players, I clearly need to play more from what you've said, the characters I did pull did actually all happen to be busty females and most of the characters featured in the story were too.
I'm also just near the end of chapter 2 so if it does get good around chapter 3 then fair enough.

I still don't agree that Dragalia Lost is comparable in fanservice though, the last bit I played of chapter a busty girl in a school uniform was getting hot and bothered because the MC was close to her, it was all very ecchi anime

As an avid E7 player you remarks weren't that far off.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we not make this the dragalia vs e7 thread. We already have that enough in every general thread no thanks to some repeat offenders.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
i eagerly await the dragalia/e7 collab
That's when both games die off.

Dragalia Collaboration in E7:

Players - "Eww, no thanks. I don't want characters from that trash game!"

E7 Collaboration in Dragalia Lost:

Players - "What a strange choice. If I wanted characters of this value, I'd check the nearest garbage disposal facility. Pass."

*Collaborations in both games fail miserably, and both games announce the closure of their servers*

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
Just gotta mention how if every future unit was a different unit of Xander I wouldn't mind :P. Easily my favorite character by a long shot

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
If Dragonyule Xander was another weapon like dagger, bow, or katana he'd be more viable in Void Agni at least. He has the unfortunate fate of sharing Lily's weapon type right now. I'm guessing they didn't make a wand for Void Agni because they didn't want someone to just use Lily for both Agni and HBH, and Dragonyule Xander is unfortunate collateral damage.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dragalia's story itself generally isn't anything special, and the characters do lean on the tropey side. I find it still works though thanks to the incredible localized script. The dialogue pops in a way that no other gacha I've played can compete with. This is actually one of the big reasons I'm looking forward to the FEH collaboration. I really want to see how they handle the dialogue of characters like Alfonse, who's pretty awesome for an FE lord but struggles due to that game's exceedingly bland script.

Status
Not open for further replies.